The "WWE doesn't use 'Wrestling' anymore, so TNA is #1 by default" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JP']Did Orton do the Angle Slam? I could be wrong, but I thought that I saw it. Too lazy to go back.[/QUOTE]

He has been using it for weeks.

That tells you how much I have been watching lately. I didn't even know anyone from the New Nexus was back in action after the punt until that video piece.

I was only half paying attention, but was there any mention at all by the announcers of how these wrestlers are chosen for draft matches? I mean, since he literally was just drafted, Orton/Ziggler couldn't have been a 'planned' match. It would've added some background and character to have the guys in the back discussing who to send out. Just a thought.

Like I said, though, it's possible it came up, I wasn't really listening.

Wow, it's like they want me to enjoy Raw now with all these people they're shipping to Fridays.

I hope Barrett loses this and then gets drafted to Raw immediately after.

Maybe Smackdown will draft everyone so Raw can start being entertainments instead of trying to be a wraslin program

[quote name='pitfallharry219']

I hope Barrett wins this and then gets drafted to Raw immediately after.[/QUOTE]

For that to happen, he'd have to lose.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
I hope Barrett wins this and then gets drafted to Raw immediately after.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

The difference in extra-bulk from today's Rey Jr. to mid-WWE career Rey Jr. is more WCW Rey Jr. than ever before.

Please excuse the poorly composed sentence.

[quote name='diddy310']Sin Cara has been blessed with the magic of editing.[/QUOTE]

I hope they lose Mistico's mask and turn him heel.

Welcome to the 'A' show, Del Rio.

[quote name='Clak']How serious can it be when you're just transferring people to different shows all owned by the same company? It's not like the red sox trading someone to the yankees.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Let's not call it a draft, because it's just a horrible, unexplained randomized mechanism for balancing the star power of the shows.

It's a deus ex machine under another name, and one that bears no resemblance to what a real draft would look like.

A real draft would have people negotiating contracts and GMs saying things like "no, I don't want Trent Baretta, you keep him!"

It's really hard to hate Michael Cole when he says things like "JR's getting his broken hand taped up beacuse I hit it with my head."

[quote name='Survivalism']You know, I'm going to keep calling Brodus Clay "Jumbo Flapjack" until someone here gets the reference.[/QUOTE]

Saturday Night Slam Masters?

[quote name='Purple Flames']Del Rio being on RAW might mean more if he wasn't already shovwing up there every week for the past two months.[/QUOTE]

Longer than that - more or less the entire year 2011.

[quote name='mykevermin']Bingo. Let's not call it a draft, because it's just a horrible, unexplained randomized mechanism for balancing the star power of the shows.

It's a deus ex machine under another name, and one that bears no resemblance to what a real draft would look like.

A real draft would have people negotiating contracts and GMs saying things like "no, I don't want Trent Baretta, you keep him!"[/QUOTE]

Wrestling is a lot more fun if you pretend you don't know it's scripted.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Saturday Night Slam Masters?[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Let's not forget the "jobber draft" that will follow the show, where sometime this week they'll align the guys nobody gives a fuck about. Because you can't waste valuable TV time informing fans that Heath Slater has been drafted to...whatever show he's not on.

[quote name='Survivalism']Wrestling is a lot more fun if you pretend you don't know it's scripted.[/quote]

I want logic. That's not too much to ask, is it? As it is presented, there is nothing sensible about the randomizing computer making picks for a program.

It's like they're letting the future of the show be picked out by Alexandra York's supercomputer.

ZOMG I MADE A REFERENCE LAWL I'LL KEEP REPEATING IT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS IT.

Seriously, though, logic. I enjoy logical programs - every show is scripted, even reality TV. But not every show is stupid.

[quote name='Survivalism']Spoiler: He gets drafted back at the end of Raw.

I don't know if I should spoiler tag that since I just made it up, but it's freakin' probably also true.[/QUOTE]

Called it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back