"TheMangoKnife really hates the 'Green Bay Fudge Packers'" OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am dreading tax time this year, I havent had to pay more than 200 bucks a year in taxes for the previous coupe years.

This is the first year where I posted a legit profit although still not that much...which I am sure they will rape into oblivion.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am dreading tax time this year, I havent had to pay more than 200 bucks a year in taxes for the previous coupe years.

This is the first year where I posted a legit profit although still not that much...which I am sure they will rape into oblivion.[/QUOTE]
Are you not paying quarterly self-employment tax?

No, I pay it all at the end of the year. In a installment, yes I realize the quarterly self employment tax is a much better way to go but I never made enough for it to matter until now. Hell my first few years I either barely broke even or lost money.

I have already set up paying it quarterly for this tax year.

I am hoping for a decent return. I have my eye on a 94 Vette that has 38K miles and if I get over a grand I think I am going to look into getting it.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'm sure I'll owe the state yet again this year.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you and I differ here, but the state already owes me over $800 and I haven't even put in all my stuff yet...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure why you and I differ here, but the state already owes me over $800 and I haven't even put in all my stuff yet...[/QUOTE]

Probably because I claim 0 on my W...4s? Whatever those things are that you fill out at work.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Probably because I claim 0 on my W...4s? Whatever those things are that you fill out at work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I claimed 0 for the state stuff too.
I claim 1 for the feds.

So strange.

--

So when I get this Asus EEE netbook here, I can't decide what to run on it. It comes with Win 7 Starter, but I'm not sure that Ubuntu netbook or WinXP wouldn't be better choices.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ehhhhhhhhh...there are two different forms?

I don't know man. Whatever. Point is, every year, I owe the state, and I break about even with fed.[/QUOTE]

They're like pokemangs. You gotta sign em all.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
So when I get this Asus EEE netbook here, I can't decide what to run on it. It comes with Win 7 Starter, but I'm not sure that Ubuntu netbook or WinXP wouldn't be better choices.[/QUOTE]

I run Ubuntu NR on mine now and have no complaints in terms of programs I want to use. It's HDD footprint is only around 4GB as well.

I kinda did it out of necessity, as I only have 8GB SSD, and Win XP/7 both had about 7GB footprints.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ehhhhhhhhh...there are two different forms?

I don't know man. Whatever. Point is, every year, I owe the state, and I break about even with fed.[/QUOTE]

Well, breaking even is doing it right. But I wonder if you're claiming a reasonable number and breaking even if you're not getting all the deductions you should be, such as mortgage interest, PMI if eligible, taxes paid to the state in previous year, any student loan interest if you annual income is low enough, etc.

10032764-mango-knife.jpg

I have heavy rain in good condition I'd be willing to sell for $20 plus shipping cost. I really enjoyed the "game".

[quote name='zewone']I have heavy rain in good condition I'd be willing to sell for $20 plus shipping cost. I really enjoyed the "game".[/QUOTE]

Come on mang, just let me borrow it. I need something different. I'm going to hang myself if I have to play another dingy FPS.

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']How much of a difference does RAM speed (4200/5300/6400) and cas latency (3,4,5,6) really make?[/QUOTE]

Ideally you want a good mix of high frequency and low latency. Regardless, you won't really notice a difference if it's just for day to day stuff. For PC Gaming, which is AWESOME, you might notice a 1 to 2 FPS difference with the HF/LL mix. Just make sure its quality RAM. I recommend Crucial.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Ideally you want a good mix of high frequency and low latency. Regardless, you won't really notice a difference if it's just for day to day stuff. For PC Gaming, which is AWESOME, you might notice a 1 to 2 FPS difference with the HF/LL mix. Just make sure its quality RAM. I recommend Crucial.[/QUOTE]

I think I currently have my eye on Corsair as it seems to have lower latency and is decently less expensive.

Two random thoughts.

I am happy for Kevin Pereira, although I rarely watch AOTS I remember him being different shitty shows while G4 took over TechTV.

I am having an extremely hard time coming up with a name of the show I am producing. I kept saying to myself, "dont push it let it come to you," and wound up writing the first draft of the script, treatment, pilot run down, budget and segment list and still have nothing.

(Note I am a much better writer in real life than on the interwebs)

Its a entertainment show about everything we love...video games and nerd related culture with the focus showcasing local gamers around the city. (Think when X-Play was Extended Play as in...low budget HA!) I am producing it for a guy who owns a chain of video game/internet cafes around the city.

His business is legit, he did it the right way. Top of the line everything in each store with projection screens and plasmas abound. His setups are pretty sweet. The show works because we can tie everything through his million door stores by using it as a hub for everything we do.

Anyway, I wanted to really tie it into gaming but just cant think of a quick to the point title. I kinda wanted to name it Console Wars but decided it was far to vague and pitching that name would confuse the advertisers.

I cant register it with the Writers Guild until I think of one. (Actually I could but then would just have to change it later...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Munch, I dont think there are any games under 5 bucks at gamestop worth getting. Add a couple bucks and get Breach tomorrow and play with me.

I'm still waiting on my interest paperwork to do taxes. I'm guessing they'll be like your average college student who studies for tests and do it at the last minute.

I'll probably get around 1K back, but that's gonna be burned up on a home theatre or trip to Kinetik.

[quote name='munch']Just 360. What about Prey? Shadowrun? I've never actually played much of Gears of War :oops:[/QUOTE]

I liked Prey. It's going to look and play dated now, but it was very unique at the time.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']

I wonder if he has any shoulder things that go up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U[/QUOTE]

Barrel Shrouds, forward assists, and sling attachments kill.
Don't get me started on lug mounts and flash hiders.

[quote name='munch']Just 360. What about Prey? Shadowrun? I've never actually played much of Gears of War :oops:[/QUOTE]

Looking quick:

Pocketbike Racer, Kameo, Conan (I think Maklershed liked it), The Darkness, Saints Row, Condemned, Stranglehold, MUA... some of those are $8; then you start hitting $10 with games like Dead Rising... but I stopped looking there.
The Darkness is definitely worth $5.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Looking quick:

Pocketbike Racer, Kameo, Conan (I think Maklershed liked it), The Darkness, Saints Row, Condemned, Stranglehold, MUA... some of those are $8; then you start hitting $10 with games like Dead Rising... but I stopped looking there.
The Darkness is definitely worth $5.[/QUOTE]

Conan was fun. My kids liked Kameo. I liked Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

I have all the other ones, just have not played them yet to offer an opinoin.

___

Sood...Call it "Your Parents Basement" or something similar.

When I retire and open up my Comic Book Shop, thats what I'm calling my store.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Looking quick:

The Darkness is definitely worth $5.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Conan and Saints Row are great. I don't know if its on there or not but Dark Sector is excellent as well.

[quote name='Soodmeg'](Note I am a much better writer in real life than on the interwebs)[/QUOTE]
I'd die to see some proof.

Well, its a good thing I dont define my life by proving shit to people on the internet like I did when I was a child. Ahh, to be 19 and "ripping" people online...its amazing amirite?

Anyway, where does Missy Elliot stack up on the MC's list? I couldnt name a Missy song that I actually liked but she was at least very creative and she seemed to be on top for a very long time.

Didnt she have some hit songs at some point? I remember a lot of Missy videos when I was in high school. That why the question popped into my mind. She is very well known but I dont think anyone would name her top anything.

Kinda reminds me of Robert Horry, tons of success but everyone still thinks of him as kind of a chump and no one will bring up his name in discussing a top anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back