THQ Week on Steam, new deal every day - Weekend: all Red Faction games 25% off

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for players for the Last Stand ...
and add on to dawn of war II that came out today....

Look me up through windows live: Blindman

[quote name='Xealot42']Nice deal on DoWII. Just in time to The Last Stand (free) DLC.[/QUOTE]

I see we do frequent the same sites.....

[quote name='Ryukahn']It looks like its Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II for $19.99[/QUOTE]

Is everybody getting $20 on this? I'm not in the US, but my steam has it at $25, 50% off of a $50 game.

I really don't want them to put up red faction, because I wanted it for console. However if they cut the price to 20 I'll have no choice but to buy it.

I decided to actually skip on DoW2. I've spent a lot of money on these sales the last few days and considering the game has to be registered on Steam if you buy it retail, I'm sure the Disk version will cost less that $20 eventually. Lots of games to play lately, this one might sit for a little while if I did buy it anyway

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I decided to actually skip on DoW2. I've spent a lot of money on these sales the last few days and considering the game has to be registered on Steam if you buy it retail, I'm sure the Disk version will cost less that $20 eventually. Lots of games to play lately, this one might sit for a little while if I did buy it anyway[/QUOTE]

My logic as well.

[quote name='Yoshi6107']DoW2 was an awesome purchase, I must say. Anyone have any speculations on what today's deal will be?[/QUOTE]

Im thinking today or tomorrow will be a Red Faction deal of some kind.. I'm guessing today will be saints row 2 and tomorrow a red faction pack to end the sale with a bang... I just hope they dont do Juiced 2

Hmm, some stuff sold on eBay last night, I may actually just go ahead and purchase the game. Retail will probably get cheaper than $20 eventually, but not by much I imagine.

Saint's Row is kind of a bummer since during the D2D sale it was 5 and registrable on Steam. Oh well, I guess that just saves me from buying another game today...

i got saints row 2 from the d2d sale seems to run in fast forward mode for some reason and im useing xp too so i cant find out how to slow it down

[quote name='thepik241']Is $7.50 worth it for Saints Row 2 for the PC?[/QUOTE]
I hear it's pretty buggy. If you're technically savvy and have a nice rig, then yes. The game itself is fun, hearkening back to the memories of Vice City (beat it on the PS3).

I've had no problems playing it:
using a 360 wireless pad
vista 64, 4gb
radeon 4870
e8400
all at clock

about 10 hours in

From the IGN review (dated Jan '09):
For whatever reason the PC version absolutely chugs. Even on my Intel Core2Quad 2.4 GHz with 2GB RAM, an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, and a Vista 32 operating system, the game ran between twenty and seven frames per second and had a host of other performance issues. In other words, it was nauseating and almost unplayable. The core gameplay is the same, but the general performance basically kills the experience.

Now, they may have patched it since then, but that kind of faulty coding generally sticks.

I haven't had trouble with the PC version, but the controls feel choppy compared to GTA. Once I got used to it though, it was fine. I'm about 25 hours in since the D2D sale.

I just bought it based on the MP - a few friends and I dig the GTA4 MP for just messing around and/or doing missions/screwing with the cops. I hear SR2 has decent MP that is kinda like the "K-Mart version of GTA4" - for 7 bucks I'll give it a shot.

There's a post on the Steampowered forums stating that the developer has stated there would be no new Saints Row 2 patches for the PC. I couldn't verify the source so take that info with a grain of salt.

who edited the title and took out the T in THQ? :???: and put an apostrophe in Saints Row? much less forgot to even put the that it was Saints Row 2

anyways fixed it, just a little weirded out to see the title somehow updated without my post having been edited since I did yesterday

ok i changed a few settings in saints row 2 and hooked up my xbox 360 controller its running much better now i only get gameplay lag if im driveing too fast and its not running fast anymore

I paid $10 for Saints Row 2 retail copy awhile ago, it wasn't worth the money
The game ran like garbage on my quad core/4gb/9800gt system

I am racing home and going to run a quick test on my comp if it can run this game even at minimum settings I am so getting it.

[quote name='buckythekat']who edited the title and took out the T in THQ? :???: and put an apostrophe in Saints Row? much less forgot to even put the that it was Saints Row 2

anyways fixed it, just a little weirded out to see the title somehow updated without my post having been edited since I did yesterday[/QUOTE]Bucky, you may want to note that the Dawn of War series are still 50% off through Monday - people that "missed" it on Wednesday still have ample time to jump in.

[quote name='spuffin']Bucky, you may want to note that the Dawn of War series are still 50% off through Monday - people that "missed" it on Wednesday still have ample time to jump in.[/QUOTE]

thanks for pointing that out, I had posted in the thread about it but forgot to edit it into the OP

I went ahead and purchased Dawn of War 2. Figure it might be played at the LAN party I'm going to next month, might as well grab it when it's cheap.

So is today going to be crap??? Who's betting?

I still don't know about DoW2.... $20 is cheap but not that cheap. I haven't even finished the first one. Damn expansions.

[quote name='xycury']
I still don't know about DoW2.... $20 is cheap but not that cheap. I haven't even finished the first one. Damn expansions.[/QUOTE]

If you like DoW2, I can't see passing up DoW2 for $20. It's exceptional. With the singleplayer and the multiplayer being so different, and the recent addition of the survival mode Last Stand, it's like getting three different games in the same universe. Relic's been very good about patching in new content as well. I bought it at release for $50 and never regretted it.

[quote name='TwistedBishop']If you like DoW2, I can't see passing up DoW2 for $20. It's exceptional. With the singleplayer and the multiplayer being so different, and the recent addition of the survival mode Last Stand, it's like getting three different games in the same universe. Relic's been very good about patching in new content as well. I bought it at release for $50 and never regretted it.[/QUOTE]

Seems like I can't even get this used, because of the Steam/GFWL security...

I'll probably pick it up tonight.

It'll fit fine because I got all the other games on Steam too.

[quote name='xycury']So is today going to be crap??? Who's betting?

I still don't know about DoW2.... $20 is cheap but not that cheap. I haven't even finished the first one. Damn expansions.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for Red Faction: Guerrilla, but that was released barely 2 months ago, so a half off sale on that doesn't seem likely, but not impossible. So I'm guessing it'll either be crap (Juiced or Frontlines or something), or the THQ pack for 50% off.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'm hoping for Red Faction: Guerrilla, but that was released barely 2 months ago, so a half off sale on that doesn't seem likely, but not impossible. So I'm guessing it'll either be crap (Juiced or Frontlines or something), or the THQ pack for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

doubt the THQ Pack would go on sale for more (the difference from the Strategy First sale was there was no complete pack until that last day, which is Strategy First's fault not Steam)

oh and Red: Faction Guerrilla only came out on the PC a month ago

I'm hoping for either Full Spectrum Warrior or maybe S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'm hoping for Red Faction: Guerrilla, but that was released barely 2 months ago, so a half off sale on that doesn't seem likely, but not impossible. So I'm guessing it'll either be crap (Juiced or Frontlines or something), or the THQ pack for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

oh... RF: Guerrilla would be nice.

But yeah I can't see it being cheap enough to buy....

bread's done
Back