Thrift Store Thread 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='HydroX']Did you get this at the Goodwill in Selinsgrove? lol

The sticker below the price tag looks like a Target QMOS plate. It's what they place on damaged merchandise that they plan on donating.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah, I got it over there.

I didn't recognize the sticker, but I imagined it was Target as they seem to be the only ones who donate stuff (at least in bulk). Plus, they never really tend to take off the old Target stickers.

I don't think I have ever seen any games at the goodwill I have been to. Do all Goodwills carry them? If so maybe I am not looking in the right section.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I don't think I have ever seen any games at the goodwill I have been to. Do all Goodwills carry them? If so maybe I am not looking in the right section.[/QUOTE]

It all depends really. Goodwill has become a hot bed for collectors and resellers as of late, as it is has become really the last bastion for a lot of people to find Pre-PS2 Era Video Games at reasonable prices (well, usually reasonable). Unfortunately this also means it's a lucrative outlet for people to go to and find eBay bait, particularly if you're in a heavily populated area.

Goodwill isn't dumb though. If you ever go to Goodwill hoping to find that sealed copy of Earthbound, or the abandoned Neo Geo AES console, think again. Goodwill's corporate office regularly scans e-Bay and has the retail stores cherry pick most of the really good stuff to sell on their website www.shopgoodwill.com. Occaisionally good stuff does make it onto the sales floor, and you will find some good deals, even some outright steals, but you just have to luck out and be there when as soon as it gets put out for sale, because Video Games and electronics has wide appeal, and usually end up getting sold pretty quick.

As a general rule however, the stuff that isn't cherry picked for the website and makes it onto the sales floor is just overpriced junk, Playstation 1 consoles with no games, controllers, or wires for $25, copies of NHL Hockey 96 for Sega Genesis for $5, etc. Just don't go into Goodwill expecting to find anything decent, and you will occaisionally find a nice surprise.

[quote name='spmahn']It all depends really. Goodwill has become a hot bed for collectors and resellers as of late, as it is has become really the last bastion for a lot of people to find Pre-PS2 Era Video Games at reasonable prices (well, usually reasonable). Unfortunately this also means it's a lucrative outlet for people to go to and find eBay bait, particularly if you're in a heavily populated area.

Goodwill isn't dumb though. If you ever go to Goodwill hoping to find that sealed copy of Earthbound, or the abandoned Neo Geo AES console, think again. Goodwill's corporate office regularly scans e-Bay and has the retail stores cherry pick most of the really good stuff to sell on their website www.shopgoodwill.com. Occaisionally good stuff does make it onto the sales floor, and you will find some good deals, even some outright steals, but you just have to luck out and be there when as soon as it gets put out for sale, because Video Games and electronics has wide appeal, and usually end up getting sold pretty quick.

As a general rule however, the stuff that isn't cherry picked for the website and makes it onto the sales floor is just overpriced junk, Playstation 1 consoles with no games, controllers, or wires for $25, copies of NHL Hockey 96 for Sega Genesis for $5, etc. Just don't go into Goodwill expecting to find anything decent, and you will occaisionally find a nice surprise.[/QUOTE]

We have 2 Goodwill stores in my area again(after they all closed up a while ago) and I've never seen anything aside from a stray sports game there.

For a while ShopGoodwill had all of the bidder names fully exposed, so I did some research and some of the heaviest bidders also had Ebay accounts with some of the stuff from the the auctions they were bidding on pre-listed for sale.

Some even had the nerve to use the pic(s) from the ShopGoodwill site as the pics for their auction.:roll:

But ever since they started blocking user names on there I can no longer put in fake bids on the lots these assholes are buying from SGW only to resell on Ebay.

They put all sports titles out at mine no matter what system it is. They hold the regular games that aren't sports for themselves and put the sports games out lol.

shopgoodwill only has like pottery and coins listed for MERS Goodwill which is all the St Louis area ones so thats good news for me since they arent putting up games and electronics. Lately ive seen just some PS1s and a Genesis that have been there for months and some sports games but a month ago i found a gold cart Majoras Mask for $3. its definately hit and miss at the GWs I go to. i did pretty good back when i went everyday but i think they noticed what i was buying and some of the workers grabbed that stuff so i started going every other day or less and stuff started showing up again.

Keep in mind ebay fees are going up in march by a lot and shipping costs just went up again so if your looking to profit there is going to have to be more of a gap between the price you are paying for the item and the price the item goes for on ebay for you to actually make anything without wasting your time. This is good for those looking for stuff for their personal collections though because you might have more pickings on the lower valued stuff hopefully if your local ebay sellers wisen up and realize they aren't making much by selling certain items.

today at a Salvation Army Boutique store? (idk i think it just means we charge more)

Gamecube
Soul Calibur II (CIB)
...Also in that box Gameboy Player Start-up disk

despite her saying 5.50, when it rang up it was $4.12.

Over the past couple of weeks I found this stuff at Goodwill
DSC03952.jpg

LPs were $.99 cents each
F-Zero X was $1.99
Fester's Quest $1.99

And I added a couple of jerseys to my jersey collection
DSC03953.jpg

Mark Brunell Nike Authentic $8.00
Anaheim Angels replica $5.00

[quote name='spmahn']It all depends really. Goodwill has become a hot bed for collectors and resellers as of late, as it is has become really the last bastion for a lot of people to find Pre-PS2 Era Video Games at reasonable prices (well, usually reasonable). Unfortunately this also means it's a lucrative outlet for people to go to and find eBay bait, particularly if you're in a heavily populated area.

As a general rule however, the stuff that isn't cherry picked for the website and makes it onto the sales floor is just overpriced junk, Playstation 1 consoles with no games, controllers, or wires for $25, copies of NHL Hockey 96 for Sega Genesis for $5, etc. Just don't go into Goodwill expecting to find anything decent, and you will occaisionally find a nice surprise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know that. I might have to keep my eyes out next time I am at one. Do they keep games in the glass? Or would just be around the movies/books or the toys ?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Thanks for letting me know that. I might have to keep my eyes out next time I am at one. Do they keep games in the glass? Or would just be around the movies/books or the toys ?[/QUOTE]

It really depends. I've seen games behind glass, I've seen them with the appliances, sometimes I see them just sitting on a random shelf. Typically though they're locked up in glass because they a hot item for shoplifters.

[quote name='spmahn']It really depends. I've seen games behind glass, I've seen them with the appliances, sometimes I see them just sitting on a random shelf. Typically though they're locked up in glass because they a hot item for shoplifters.[/QUOTE]

its somewhat random depending on who is working when the item comes out from the back i have noticed. today one gw i go to that always has the stuff under the glass counter had snes and genesis controllers in a xerox box full of random cords/phone chargers in the appliance section.

[quote name='SaraAB']Keep in mind ebay fees are going up in march by a lot and shipping costs just went up again so if your looking to profit there is going to have to be more of a gap between the price you are paying for the item and the price the item goes for on ebay for you to actually make anything without wasting your time. This is good for those looking for stuff for their personal collections though because you might have more pickings on the lower valued stuff hopefully if your local ebay sellers wisen up and realize they aren't making much by selling certain items.[/QUOTE]

Not to take this thread off topic, but eBay fees are going up AGAIN? Ugh, it's already entirely too expensive to sell on there now, especially since they started dictating how much you can charge for shipping and handling, so between the actually shipping charges, supplies, and gas, shipping usually end up eating into your profits. Do you have a list of how much their fees are increasing to?

I also REALLY wish the government would go after eBay for violating the Sherman Antitrust Act by forcing users now to go through Paypal.

Ebay fees for auction style listings are going to be a flat 9% instead of the staggered rates they have now.

I took a trip to my Salvation Army last weekend and well I turned up with nothing. They did have a Sega Genesis with about 10 controllers but they wanted 19.99 for it so that was a no-no. And then conveniently located next to the genesis on the shelve was about 20 complete in box genesis games. Only problem was is that they were all sports games or games I already had such as sonic and other generic games. At only 2.49 each if I found something they weren't badly priced but they were all crappy.

returned that graphics card today and the guy swiped my debit card on their machine and gave me a receipt. I though he was just sending the money back to my account but this receipt says "Credit Voucher". is this like a gift card or is it going back to my account? i know it usually takes a day or 2 for paypal to show up in my bank account when i transfer the money so theres obviously no deposit from GW already.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']We have 2 Goodwill stores in my area again(after they all closed up a while ago) and I've never seen anything aside from a stray sports game there.

For a while ShopGoodwill had all of the bidder names fully exposed, so I did some research and some of the heaviest bidders also had Ebay accounts with some of the stuff from the the auctions they were bidding on pre-listed for sale.

Some even had the nerve to use the pic(s) from the ShopGoodwill site as the pics for their auction.:roll:

But ever since they started blocking user names on there I can no longer put in fake bids on the lots these assholes are buying from SGW only to resell on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Almost all of the Goodwill stuff relies on the store from what I can tell.

The store where I live near keeps a ton of their gaming stuff in the glass case. A lot of it is PC stuff, and some of it is old as hell. It's just an example of noone knowing anything about gaming. There'd be copies of You Don't Know Jack in there while on occassion on the floor I found Diablo II & The Expansion (just in the paper sleeves), Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay and noticed a few DS games like Galactrix. Meanwhile there, every NES/SNES game seems to be set aside and auctioned off.

Meanwhile, at the next closest store near where I used to live you could constantly find whatever games they had that weren't on a new system just sitting out with the VHS/CDs/DVD. Usually it was crap like Fester's Quest (which I bought because it was CIB) but occassionally there'd be stuff there like DKC1-3 for the SNES. Hell, my friend got a big bag of over a dozen Game Gear games for like $8. New stuff was either in the display case or sitting by the register mixed in with any "name" DVDs they had (i.e. not the dollar ones)

I've then been to another Goodwill where everything is laying out. From new games there (ok, tbh, I've never seen a new system game there... closest was some Sims 2 stuff I got like three or so years ago). I even got a Gameboy Color laying out for $2.97. Meanwhile, my local one keeps stuff like that in the display case for outrageous prices (pink Advanced, first edition for $30 or $40)

As for finding stuff, you gotta look around. It all depends on who's stocking stuff. Check the glass cases. Check the VHS/DVD racks for anything in a DVD case. Check the CD's for any games in a jewel case. Check the toys section (that's where I found that $2.97 GBC and a friend found a DDR mat). Check out the backpack section, you might find a Gameboy case (I've found a few). Also, check out as often as you can as you never know who in your area is scooping up stuff. My friend and I ended up scooping each other a few times. I still remember calling him pissed off that they had a Playstation display case from K-Mart for sale marked sold. Turns out he got it. :lol:

Obviously, the worst is when there's an insider doing it, but it goes with the territory. I once saw a really nice looking barrel style BBQ grill come out that my mom was ready to buy, only for an employee to say she wanted it and to mark it $5 and take it to the back. I also knew a guy online who's mom was a regional manager and snagged him an XBox under a year from it's release w/ games for $50. That could've been bs, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Stores obviously differ, some better than others. Also, check out Salvation Army's. Some are total dumps (the one in my old town was), but my local one has provided me with probably more games than all the other Goodwills combined. Plus, their prices are better. (if it's a loose cart, it's $1 or .50 compared to all the Goodwills that seem to start at $1.97.)

Oh, and don't be afraid to befriend your local workers. Especially if they're not busy. I had one from SA bring me out some Genesis games they just got in. Even getting stuff for free, with the prices they sell most stuff, they still have to pay employees.

[quote name='juangrande386']returned that graphics card today and the guy swiped my debit card on their machine and gave me a receipt. I though he was just sending the money back to my account but this receipt says "Credit Voucher". is this like a gift card or is it going back to my account? i know it usually takes a day or 2 for paypal to show up in my bank account when i transfer the money so theres obviously no deposit from GW already.[/QUOTE]

You didn't ask the guy at the register? I've never done a return at Goodwill so I can't say for sure, but it sounds to me like you have the thrift store equivalent of a "gift card" or store card. Bleh. Well, at least you now have an excuse to shop there often and try to find 30 bucks worth of gaming stuff.

It's weird, 3 different goodwills here had copies of Modern Warfare 2 also, like 4+ copies for $40 apeice..

I did recently get Demigod for $5 new and RE5 PC for $8 new at mine.

Best pick up was an original Xbox with everything for $30 that I've repaired and modded..

[quote name='pyoobez']Almost all of the Goodwill stuff relies on the store from what I can tell.

The store where I live near keeps a ton of their gaming stuff in the glass case. A lot of it is PC stuff, and some of it is old as hell. It's just an example of noone knowing anything about gaming. There'd be copies of You Don't Know Jack in there while on occassion on the floor I found Diablo II & The Expansion (just in the paper sleeves), Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay and noticed a few DS games like Galactrix. Meanwhile there, every NES/SNES game seems to be set aside and auctioned off.

Meanwhile, at the next closest store near where I used to live you could constantly find whatever games they had that weren't on a new system just sitting out with the VHS/CDs/DVD. Usually it was crap like Fester's Quest (which I bought because it was CIB) but occassionally there'd be stuff there like DKC1-3 for the SNES. Hell, my friend got a big bag of over a dozen Game Gear games for like $8. New stuff was either in the display case or sitting by the register mixed in with any "name" DVDs they had (i.e. not the dollar ones)

I've then been to another Goodwill where everything is laying out. From new games there (ok, tbh, I've never seen a new system game there... closest was some Sims 2 stuff I got like three or so years ago). I even got a Gameboy Color laying out for $2.97. Meanwhile, my local one keeps stuff like that in the display case for outrageous prices (pink Advanced, first edition for $30 or $40)

As for finding stuff, you gotta look around. It all depends on who's stocking stuff. Check the glass cases. Check the VHS/DVD racks for anything in a DVD case. Check the CD's for any games in a jewel case. Check the toys section (that's where I found that $2.97 GBC and a friend found a DDR mat). Check out the backpack section, you might find a Gameboy case (I've found a few). Also, check out as often as you can as you never know who in your area is scooping up stuff. My friend and I ended up scooping each other a few times. I still remember calling him pissed off that they had a Playstation display case from K-Mart for sale marked sold. Turns out he got it. :lol:

Obviously, the worst is when there's an insider doing it, but it goes with the territory. I once saw a really nice looking barrel style BBQ grill come out that my mom was ready to buy, only for an employee to say she wanted it and to mark it $5 and take it to the back. I also knew a guy online who's mom was a regional manager and snagged him an XBox under a year from it's release w/ games for $50. That could've been bs, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Stores obviously differ, some better than others. Also, check out Salvation Army's. Some are total dumps (the one in my old town was), but my local one has provided me with probably more games than all the other Goodwills combined. Plus, their prices are better. (if it's a loose cart, it's $1 or .50 compared to all the Goodwills that seem to start at $1.97.)

Oh, and don't be afraid to befriend your local workers. Especially if they're not busy. I had one from SA bring me out some Genesis games they just got in. Even getting stuff for free, with the prices they sell most stuff, they still have to pay employees.[/QUOTE]

My one local ex friend from CAG hits all of the SA stores around here and seemingly finds a ton of decent stuff virtually every time they go to them, so my chances of finding anything good are slim to nil.

Even when I have found stuff(like complete/mint PS1 games), I debate buying them since they price them around $4-5 EACH. Anything video game related is considered gold to the thrift stores around here.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Even when I have found stuff(like complete/mint PS1 games), I debate buying them since they price them around $4-5 EACH. Anything video game related is considered gold to the thrift stores around here.:roll:[/QUOTE]

$4-$5 a piece really isn't that bad especially when you consider that a lot of PS1 games are worth $20+. Hell, you've passed up on games worth $40+ in the past. I could understand frustration if they charged more than $10+ per game, but $4 - $5 is a bargain for a lot of PS1 games.

[quote name='jer7583']It's weird, 3 different goodwills here had copies of Modern Warfare 2 also, like 4+ copies for $40 apeice..
[/QUOTE]

Same here, I found it odd.

On a different note, another local thrift store had a buttload of COMPLETE (and mint disc) 3DO games for $3/each. A few good ones among a few turds, but I picked them all up anyways.

The best one (that I already threw to Amazon and sold in an hour for more than I spent on the days worth of shopping) was Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. I'm sure some people will recognize the title.

The others are:

The Horde (Kirk Cameron, FTW :lol:)
Super Wing Commander
Madden Football (still half covered in shrink wrap)
Total Eclipse
Hell
The Perfect General
Shockwave 2
Immercenary
Ice Breaker
Twisted
Stellar 7 Draxon's Revenge
Mad Dog McCree

Also picked up the Starcraft Battlechest (with unregged key) from Good Will for $5 and an in-box Wii Remote for $15.

[quote name='sp00ge']Same here, I found it odd.

On a different note, another local thrift store had a buttload of COMPLETE (and mint disc) 3DO games for $3/each. A few good ones among a few turds, but I picked them all up anyways.

The best one (that I already threw to Amazon and sold in an hour for more than I spent on the days worth of shopping) was Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. I'm sure some people will recognize the title.

The others are:

The Horde (Kirk Cameron, FTW :lol:)
Super Wing Commander
Madden Football (still half covered in shrink wrap)
Total Eclipse
Hell
The Perfect General
Shockwave 2
Immercenary
Ice Breaker
Twisted
Stellar 7 Draxon's Revenge
Mad Dog McCree

Also picked up the Starcraft Battlechest (with unregged key) from Good Will for $5 and an in-box Wii Remote for $15.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice finds! I've never seen 3DO games at my local thrift stores, yet. Hopefully, some day I will. I need some games to play on my Panasonic 3DO.

[quote name='Doomstink']$4-$5 a piece really isn't that bad especially when you consider that a lot of PS1 games are worth $20+. Hell, you've passed up on games worth $40+ in the past. I could understand frustration if they charged more than $10+ per game, but $4 - $5 is a bargain for a lot of PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'll drop $4-$5 on a game if I think I'll play it eventually. I figure even it's going for dirt cheap on amazon, there's going to be the $3.99 shipping for it. The only real instance I don't if it it's really common like when I passed on Sonic 3 for $5, then snagged it at a yardsale for $5 (with a Genesis II, Sonic 1, 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Stimpy's Invention and something else.)

If it's a dollar or two, I usually just grab it regardless ...even if I don't have the system. Unless it completely doesn't interest me.

[quote name='kk012']Wow, nice finds! I've never seen 3DO games at my local thrift stores, yet. Hopefully, some day I will. I need some games to play on my Panasonic 3DO.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, my FZ-1 is on the fritz. It powers up, but drive doesn't spin. I tore it apart and the laser drive gear is cracked, problem is trying to find a new gear that size, since parts are fairly hard to come by.

Went to two thrifts today.
- Chobits Manga = $0.99
- Blindfold Story = $0.99
- Stratego something of Legend Board Game (with over 200 pieces) = $7.99
- Scattergories = $2.99
and 5 n64 games ($1.49 each):
- Bust-A-Move 2
- Dark Rift
- Doom
- Pokemon Snap
- Super Smash Bros.

Just curious, would you guys buy n64 (sold as is) for 14.99? I think they came with cables and a controller. Or a gamecube with no cables/controller for 9.99?

Found "Professor Layton" for the DS at my Salvation Army. It didn't have a price on it but the woman at the register thought it was a CD which they sell for $1.95. Score! :D

[quote name='sp00ge']The best one (that I already threw to Amazon and sold in an hour for more than I spent on the days worth of shopping) was Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. I'm sure some people will recognize the title.[/QUOTE]

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. LMAO!

The only reason I recognize this is the 'review' on AVGN. Oh man, what a classic.

[quote name='pcktlnt']
Just curious, would you guys buy n64 (sold as is) for 14.99? I think they came with cables and a controller. Or a gamecube with no cables/controller for 9.99?[/QUOTE]

I've seen complete and incomplete N64s at thrift stores for $24.99 around my area. I've been able to pick these up for cheap as part of console and game bundles off Craigslist. So, I probably would pass on a $15 N64 since those seem so common where I live.

For the GC, you should check Craigslist for complete ones. I've seen people sell them for $10-20. The AC adapter (costs $8 used at GS) seems hard to find by itself for cheap, but the AV cable is pretty common cuz it is the same for the N64. Trust me, I usually check for various console parts at thrift stores. So, I'd also pass on an incomplete $10 GC.

[quote name='Doomstink']$4-$5 a piece really isn't that bad especially when you consider that a lot of PS1 games are worth $20+. Hell, you've passed up on games worth $40+ in the past. I could understand frustration if they charged more than $10+ per game, but $4 - $5 is a bargain for a lot of PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

You mean like Marvel Super Heroes or whatever the last one that WAS actually worth a good buck that I passed up was?

I think I also found a mint/complete Parappa the Rapper with foldout manual at that same store and passed it up. I don't wanna get stuck with the fuckin' things, since I don't even play the 30+ PS1 games I have now, so paying $4-5 each is stupid.:roll:

Those ones I mostly paid .40-.60 each for from the Gamestop 75% off clearance, but anything above $2 and I refuse to buy the game(s) unless I know that I can immediately resell them to someone for 2-3x what I paid.

Most of the games I've found have been in deplorable shape as well, so that's another contributing factor in my decision.

Just a follow up to my post the other day- it was just a receipt the guy gave me, the money showed up in my bank account today

[quote name='darkslime']I bet if you put up Marvel Super Heroes and Parappa the Rapper here you can immediately get $10 each plus shipping for them.[/QUOTE]

But after paying $4-5 each for them, it wouldn't be worth it to me, since people always want everything on here for X amount SHIPPED.

As soon as you mention shipping is extra, they flake out and disappear.:roll:

First thrift find in some time for me: picked up a working Virtual Boy console with stand and Mario's Tennis for $12.99 at my local Goodwill. Gave me a headache within 5 minutes of playing, but still worth it.

I would buy the N64 for 14.99 if it was complete and came with a decent controller that doesn't have a loose joystick and if you needed one for your personal collection. A good N64 controller will run you $15 alone or more on ebay and most of them on there are cheap chinese fakes. The chance of a N64 being broken are slim to none.

The gamecube could be broken (as with any other disc based system) so I would pass. You can get a complete one at GS for 29.99 used and it comes with a warranty and is complete. Its basically a worthless system.

[quote name='SaraAB']I would buy the N64 for 14.99 if it was complete and came with a decent controller that doesn't have a loose joystick and if you needed one for your personal collection. A good N64 controller will run you $15 alone or more on ebay and most of them on there are cheap chinese fakes. The chance of a N64 being broken are slim to none.

The gamecube could be broken (as with any other disc based system) so I would pass. You can get a complete one at GS for 29.99 used and it comes with a warranty and is complete. Its basically a worthless system.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. If the n64 systems are still there next friday, I'll snag em.

[quote name='SaraAB']A good N64 controller will run you $15 alone or more on ebay and most of them on there are cheap chinese fakes.[/QUOTE]

What? I've never even heard of an N64 clone.

Saw Ehrgeiz, Legend of Mana, Silent Hill, and Monster Rancher for 2 dollars each without a case or manual. Passed up on it. Should I go back and get it?

[quote name='chronoserge456']Saw Ehrgeiz, Legend of Mana, Silent Hill, and Monster Rancher for 2 dollars each without a case or manual. Passed up on it. Should I go back and get it?[/QUOTE]

If they are still there, If you are like me and want cases for all your games, flip them on ebay and then get case versions, I do that upgrade trick pretty often.

[quote name='Sinnbox']If they are still there, If you are like me and want cases for all your games, flip them on ebay and then get case versions, I do that upgrade trick pretty often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I'll do that. I can't find case + manual only, but I'll see what I can do.

I hit the jack pot today at one of the local Thrift stores in my area 2 60gb PS3's $50 each no accessories Resistance 1-2 $5 each Far Cry 2 $5 Uncharted 1-2 $5 uncharted 1 was in the same case with uncharted 2 Borderlands $5 Hive $5 Planet Earth BCC Blu Ray $10 Underworld Blu Ray $10 Animatrix Blu Ray $10 1tb External Lacie HD sealed in box Lacie HD $40 2 Lacie 500GB Lacinema Rugged Multimedia HD's $20 each Tivo HD $20 one badly beat up and apparently ran over by a car Xbox 360,two controllers,and wifi dongle $20 amazingly still works but it has the RRD

[quote name='haitian1']I hit the jack pot today at one of the local Thrift stores in my area 2 60gb PS3's $50 each no accessories Resistance 1-2 $5 each Far Cry 2 $5 Uncharted 1-2 $5 uncharted 1 was in the same case with uncharted 2 Borderlands $5 Hive $5 Planet Earth BCC Blu Ray $10 Underworld Blu Ray $10 Animatrix Blu Ray $10 1tb External Lacie HD sealed in box Lacie HD $40 2 Lacie 500GB Lacinema Rugged Multimedia HD's $20 each Tivo HD $20 one badly beat up and apparently ran over by a car Xbox 360,two controllers,and wifi dongle $20 amazingly still works but it has the RRD[/QUOTE]

I humbly request pictures good sir and or madam! Were they in some sort of generic box or something?

[quote name='haitian1']I hit the jack pot today at one of the local Thrift stores in my area 2 60gb PS3's $50 each no accessories Resistance 1-2 $5 each Far Cry 2 $5 Uncharted 1-2 $5 uncharted 1 was in the same case with uncharted 2 Borderlands $5 Hive $5 Planet Earth BCC Blu Ray $10 Underworld Blu Ray $10 Animatrix Blu Ray $10 1tb External Lacie HD sealed in box Lacie HD $40 2 Lacie 500GB Lacinema Rugged Multimedia HD's $20 each Tivo HD $20 one badly beat up and apparently ran over by a car Xbox 360,two controllers,and wifi dongle $20 amazingly still works but it has the RRD[/QUOTE]

:shock::shock:

Dammmmmmmnnnnn.

That's a great haul. Of course, I would've just taken the 2 60gb PS3's, Both Uncharted games and 360, controllers and wifi dongle. Even if they don't work, they're worth decent scratch by themselves.:D

That is a lucky, lucky haul. The most I ever find is a shit stained old Genesis or SNES with a huge chunk missing from the case for $10.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock::shock:

Dammmmmmmnnnnn.

That's a great haul. Of course, I would've just taken the 2 60gb PS3's, Both Uncharted games and 360, controllers and wifi dongle. Even if they don't work, they're worth decent scratch by themselves.:D

That is a lucky, lucky haul. The most I ever find is a shit stained old Genesis or SNES with a huge chunk missing from the case for $10.[/QUOTE]

I know thats gotta be the best haul ever, I came to this thread with my head held high because I found a regular xbox in pristine condition (looks straight out of the box) for 10 dollars...and when I pressed the big button to turn it on, it opened up and I was surprised with KOTOR in the disk tray whoot!

Thus far the only deal I'm STILL kicking myself for not taking wasn't even a thrift store deal, it was at a closing Wally World around here.

When they were closing in the mid 90's from their temp location in an old department store down the road from my house, they had top loading NES systems for $10 apiece.

I stared at that shelf for 20 minutes the one night I was there and I passed. I came back the next day to find them all gone.

Actually now that I think about it I remember gamestop (EB games) clearing out their PS1 inventory and I recall seeing all the rare sought after RPG's everyone looks for. FF, star ocean, chrono cross, legend of mana, mega man x6, all black label and cheap. Feel so bad for passing them all up.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Actually now that I think about it I remember gamestop (EB games) clearing out their PS1 inventory and I recall seeing all the rare sought after RPG's everyone looks for. FF, star ocean, chrono cross, legend of mana, mega man x6, all black label and cheap. Feel so bad for passing them all up.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have, since even with the 75% off at GS they were still wayyyy overpriced.

I managed to pick up Alundra(disc only) from that sale though, as well as Alundra 2 and I found 3 out of the 5 or so discs for the Arc The Lad Collection, but I never found the last 2 discs.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back