Thrift Store Thread 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lmz00']The bags inside NES/SNES/N64 boxes don't have tape on them.[/QUOTE]
This. The only thing you can look for to see if it's new (other than the cleanliness, etc.) is the wire ties; you can usually tell if they've been re-wrapped by hand or not.

[quote name='lmz00']The bags inside NES/SNES/N64 boxes don't have tape on them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I stand corrected. I knew there wasn't any kind of wrap on the outer box or anything, didn't realize they didn't even tape the bags.

[quote name='moop2001']Got Alice for the PC today. The two discs and the case with the Validation key.
That's my second one in two months. This one wasn't in the box though.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I saw about ~3 or more copies before and never got them.

Why? I didn't know they were worth that much.

Feels bad man.

OT: Got a Sandisk 8GB flash drive, like new. It cost me $0.01. Along with several lighters that might be worth something.

Oh yeah, also got a nice sub (JBL) for $3.00.

[quote name='MYFIREMANISHUGE']Nice, I saw about ~3 or more copies before and never got them.

Why? I didn't know they were worth that much. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's one of the few valuable PC games that pops up occasionally.

i had a couple good finds today from 2 thrift stores

Resident Evil Director's cut PS1 $5
Resident Evil 2 PS1 $5
Resident Evil 3 PS1 $5
Dino Crisis PS1 $5
Super Mario World $4
Super Mario All Stars snes $5
Halo PC CIB $4

i should be able to flip the RE games and mario allstars for a profit and plan to keep the other 2

[quote name='wheels']i should be able to flip the RE games[/QUOTE]

Not to long ago, I bought RE2 black label for $11 and RE3 for $8 (both prices shipped).

Have the prices gone up a lot?

[quote name='blindinglights']Not to long ago, I bought RE2 black label for $11 and RE3 for $8 (both prices shipped).

Have the prices gone up a lot?[/QUOTE]

I've always been able to get at least $20 for each of those games and $17 or $18 for the first game. You just have to make sure to list the games as BIN and not auction format. Also, offer international shipping.

[quote name='wheels']i had a couple good finds today from 2 thrift stores

Resident Evil Director's cut PS1 $5
Resident Evil 2 PS1 $5
Resident Evil 3 PS1 $5
Dino Crisis PS1 $5
Super Mario World $4
Super Mario All Stars snes $5
Halo PC CIB $4

i should be able to flip the RE games and mario allstars for a profit and plan to keep the other 2[/QUOTE]
I found all of those RE games at a thrift store here like 6 months ago. I don't know what to list them as though, as they're not gem mint and I think one of them is missing the manual even.:whistle2:#

So I've had them up on my TL on here for about 4-5 months just trying to sell them as a lot.:D

I've been seeing RE 2 and 3 go in the $15-20 range and RE 1 for around $10. Like Doomstink said, do the BIN, I'm hoping somebody bites on these, they're all in really great shape.

I forgot to mention I picked up Grind Session for PS 1 for $3 to add to my skateboard game collection, I popped it in and its a total Tony Hawk clone with less responsive controls, awesome.

[quote name='blindinglights']Not to long ago, I bought RE2 black label for $11 and RE3 for $8 (both prices shipped).

Have the prices gone up a lot?[/QUOTE]

The best way is to have them together as a set/trilogy/lot to get more $$$ and save costs from eBay fees.

I listed RE2, RE3, and Dino Crisis w/ RE2 Demo with a BIN for $70 and it was sold within 48 hours.
A month later, I listed another RE, RE Survivor (gh version) & RE2 (no manual) with Silent Hill (gh version) for $80 and it was sold within a week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I found all of those RE games at a thrift store here like 6 months ago. I don't know what to list them as though, as they're not gem mint and I think one of them is missing the manual even.:whistle2:#

So I've had them up on my TL on here for about 4-5 months just trying to sell them as a lot.:D[/QUOTE]

Nice. I also managed to find RE, 0, 2, 3, 4, Code Veronica all at once for $7.95 each at a local thrift store. I still have them, just can't see myself parting/selling them out.
sd535154.jpg

Found a pair of sealed Sega CD games today at the flea market, Space Ace and Dracula Unleashed. They both have some tearing in the plastic, but the cases are still mint. Also grabbed an X Band Genesis modem sealed, all 3 for $13.

[quote name='moop2001']Got Alice for the PC today. The two discs and the case with the Validation key.
That's my second one in two months. This one wasn't in the box though.[/QUOTE]I saw the 2-pack with some Clive Barker game and Alice at Goodwill Electronics Outlet a few days ago, where Alice should've been there was an empty jewel case. :( Oh well, I've found 3 of these this year already.

Picked up Legend of Zelda Collector's edition for Gamecube (complete) at a Goodwill store's grand opening yesterday for $5.

I went about an hour after opening and there were cops directing traffic and literally hundreds of people in line waiting to check out. I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to wait in those lines so I stashed it under a shelf and went back for it after work. It was still there waiting for me.

[quote name='aptanor']Found a pair of sealed Sega CD games today at the flea market, Space Ace and Dracula Unleashed. They both have some tearing in the plastic, but the cases are still mint. Also grabbed an X Band Genesis modem sealed, all 3 for $13.[/QUOTE]
X band was awesome. I used to play Killer Instinct all the time with that thing.

[quote name='silentevil']X band was awesome. I used to play Killer Instinct all the time with that thing.[/QUOTE]

You certainly didn't live around me then, my SNES X Band memories consist of finding and playing somebody in Killer Instinct once and that's it. Gave up since it was nearly impossible to find people to play against locally and was way too expensive to play long distance.

Went to a really overpriced thrift store today. They had an original (nonworking) play station for $45. They had some old snes sports games such as madden 98 for $3 bucks each. Needless to say I didn't purchase anything.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Went to a really overpriced thrift store today. They had an original (nonworking) play station for $45. They had some old snes sports games such as madden 98 for $3 bucks each. Needless to say I didn't purchase anything.[/QUOTE]

$45 for a PS1???? HAHA my 3 GWs I go to usually have some for $8 that sit there. I got a slim PS2 and a DualShock2 for $9. Was system only until I dug through some wires and found a powercord, had a composite cable in my PS3 box since I use hdmi.

Good finds today, Jet Moto 3 and Thrasher: Skate and Destroy for PS1 at Goodwill for $1.99 each, both of which are decent flips. Also got Tecmo Super Bowl for NES for 2.99 and Chipmunk Punk on Vinyl for $1.99 at Savers.

Found Parappa The Rapper for the PS1 w/insert & cover art, but no manual for $2 and WWE Wrestlemania XXVI 3-disc edition for $6 at a pawn shop.

I just got an Atari 2600, 4-switch, woodgrain system with River Raid, Yars' Revenge, Phoenix, Star Raiders, Space Jockey, Backgammon, Racquetball, Carnival, Video Pinball, Trick Shot, Cosmic Ark, Atlantis, Defender, Combat, and Demon Attack, two Paddles, two joysticks, and a touchpad for $35. It came with the Game Center holder also, but no box. All the games have their manuals in addition to 3 game catalogs. Good deal?

[quote name='Andami']I just got an Atari 2600, 4-switch, woodgrain system with River Raid, Yars' Revenge, Phoenix, Star Raiders, Space Jockey, Backgammon, Racquetball, Carnival, Video Pinball, Trick Shot, Cosmic Ark, Atlantis, Defender, Combat, and Demon Attack, two Paddles, two joysticks, and a touchpad for $35. It came with the Game Center holder also, but no box. All the games have their manuals in addition to 3 game catalogs. Good deal?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're asking. If you perceive it as being a good deal because you were actively looking to collect for Atari 2600, then sure. If you are asking whether or not it was a good deal relative to the actual value of what you bought, then no, what you bought would only bring around $10 - $15 on eBay, possibly even less.

I've been thinking about getting an Atari for quite a while, and the ones I've seen on Ebay have been ridiculously priced, so I just assumed it was worth the price. It's not like I'm planning on reselling it or anything, so I guess it was worth it to me.

[quote name='TheHelix']I saw a complete Zelda 1 for 25 today and Bubsy for 2 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I actually just picked up a CIB Bubsy for the Genesis the other day. The box had a little pushed in spot, but everything else was perfect. It even has the trading cards, still sealed.

I had a good couple of days, one local thrift store had a pile of snes games, about 40 of them and about 20 nes games, i grabbed all these for $2 each:

NES
Metroid
Simon's Quest
TMNT 1
TMNT 2
Lolo 3
Might and Magic

SNES
Super Star Wars
Super Empire Strikes back
Super Return of the Jedi
Super Mario World
Street Fighter II
Kirby's Dream Course
Starfox
PilotWings (the only one of the lot that i can't get to work)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^For some reason, I've retained the password to level 4 for Bubsy since my childhood; MKBRLN.

Nothing epic, but I'll be dragging out the VCR this weekend:

QATlK.jpg

Great finds all at 1 Goodwill today. PS1 Games were $1.99 a piece rung up as CD's. The Cube games were $2.99 rung up as DVD's. The price stickers on the PS1 games look like old EB games price tags before the gamestop merge if I am remembering correctly. Probably were sitting around at someones house and their parents donated them.

IMAG3080.jpg

Crash Bandicoot
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Mega Man X6
Mega Man Legends
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Sonic Adventure ($1.99 also)
Spyro The Dragon
Digimon World 2
Mega Man X5
Crash 2
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Sonic Gems Collection

They also had more that I didn't pick up. Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver I remember. Mega Man X4 but it was disc only. Evolution for the Dreamcast disc only. Also for the 360 they had Halo 3 and Gears of War disc only also.

I got these next ones at a different goodwill also today. $1.99 each rung up as CD's.

IMAG3081.jpg

William's Aracde's Greatest Hits
Midway ARcade's Greatest Hits Atari Collection 2
Arcade's Greatest Hits Midway Collection 2
Skullmonkeys

Ran to a few thrift stores today
Pretty good haul though I may have overpaid for some and the flipping may be a bit harder on some.
IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Picked up the following:
Gameboy advance sp (NES version) - 7.50
Super Marioland 2 gameboy - .50 cent
Tinker bell the great fairy DS sealed ( flipping to goozex) - 5.99

Went to a few Goodwills today and here is my score:
picture.php

Total for everything together was under $10, both games are in mint condition.

This one place had a Zelda: OoT CE with box, but was missing the booklet, however, they wanted $40 for it.

Today was an interesting day. This was all at one Goodwill. The Atari stuff was expensive and cuz of this I left a lot of it behind. The Music Composers were $20 each. Not sure if I overpaid but took the risk as they are NIB. The two Atari games were $14.99 each. Once again, not sure if I overpaid but hopefully not as they are NIB too. The Gears of War Collector's Edition was $9.99 and the Gameboy games were $2.99 each. The Tomy Tutor is pretty rare I guess. It cost me a whopping $39.99 but I think it's NIB as well so I think there may be quite a profit in it. The Goodwill had a bunch of boxed computer Atari stuff I left behind including programs like Paint and stuff and also about 9 tablets for the Atari priced at $30 each. Too bad they were so high cuz they coulda been a great flip.
IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

PS2 Logitech racing wheel for $4 at GW today. Also NBA Jam for $1 and a new GCN AV cord I needed for $1.

Also found out a guy I know works there, and when I told him what I was looking for he said he'd hide game stuff in the back for me :D

[quote name='aptanor']Also found out a guy I know works there, and when I told him what I was looking for he said he'd hide game stuff in the back for me :D[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. This is pretty much what I've been trying to do for over a year without success. Sadly, the hard-ass manager who thinks the highest buy it now price on eBay indicates how much things are really worth is always getting in the way of my plan.

I was in there a few weeks ago and they had an Intellivision that had so much grime and dirt on it, I thought it had been dug up out of the ground. To make it worse, it was obviously owned by heavy smokers because the thing reeked so bad I could smell it just by standing in front of it on the shelf. There were no games included and I'm not sure all the cables were there either. The price? Why $79.99 of course.

If it weren't for the fact that they mark anything in a jewel case $3 no matter what it is, I'd probably never go back.

I decided to stop by the Goodwill by my workplace and came back home with the games below for $5.99 each.

All complete in very good condition.
Xenogears
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean Silver Star

sd538426.jpg

[quote name='postaboy']I decided to stop by the Goodwill by my workplace and came back home with the games below for $5.99 each.

Xenogears
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean Silver Star

sd538426.jpg
[/QUOTE]

beautiful

[quote name='postaboy']I decided to stop by the Goodwill by my workplace and came back home with the games below for $5.99 each.

Xenogears
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean Silver Star

[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I love the theory behind their pricing scheme. We are a charitable organization but we will not be fleeced by people buying games so we will charge them 6 dollars each. Better than the Salvation army near me that has some common trashed atari games for 9.99 a piece.

Hey guys there is a Pioneer Laserdisc player and 14 laserdiscs at my local Goodwill for 20 dollars. I noticed that this also played Sega Genesis games and Sega CD games. Would this be worth picking up and how much would this be worth? I've never heard of it before

[quote name='smilewinner']Hey guys there is a Pioneer Laserdisc player and 14 laserdiscs at my local Goodwill for 20 dollars. I noticed that this also played Sega Genesis games and Sega CD games. Would this be worth picking up and how much would this be worth? I've never heard of it before[/QUOTE]
A few hundred? Well it's a lot more than $20, GO GET IT!

[quote name='Shazyzang']A few hundred? Well it's a lot more than $20, GO GET IT![/QUOTE]

Haha I'm not sure how much of a hyperbole this is but I'll pick it up! Thanks! I'll post pics if anyone is interested

[quote name='smilewinner']Hey guys there is a Pioneer Laserdisc player and 14 laserdiscs at my local Goodwill for 20 dollars. I noticed that this also played Sega Genesis games and Sega CD games. Would this be worth picking up and how much would this be worth? I've never heard of it before[/QUOTE]

It's called a LaserActive and I'd be willing to venture it is worth it at $20, the one the previous guy posted comes with the NEC pack which is considerably more rare than the Sega one. I think a LaserActive with just the Sega part is probably worth around $100 or less.

EDIT: If it has any of the LaserActive exclusive games with it, those games alone are worth $125+ a piece.

I always look through the stacks of VCRs at Goodwill in the hope of finding something good. I have found basic Laserdisc players, but my dream would be to find a working CDi, only because I want one but not enough to pay the typical price on eBay (let alone shipping).

[quote name='smilewinner']Ohhh my christ. Looks like I'm going back to Goodwill. Fast. Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure it has been there a while, I just thought it was a huge vcr![/QUOTE]

Post some pics if you get it (please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back