Titanfall Xbox One Bundle $499.99

cubeenigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
198 (100%)
Not a deal per se but officially announced, the Xbox One bundle with a digital copy of Titanfall and a month of XBL is up for preorder at amazon. So you save about $60 which isn't bad if you were going to get an Xbox one for titanfall anyways.

Xbox One Console - Titanfall Bundle by Microsoft

Amazon Preorder http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IIHU44E/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_9p1ctb0RQFDWW

Best Buy Preorder
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp;jsessionid=B1685E65E7895745A9CDC5DD11DAD9E2.bbmdotp-app32-105?skuId=4042004&pid=1219095669885&pcatId=pcmcat300300050002

Gamestop Preorder
http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/113923

Newegg Preorder
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16868105106

Walmart Preorder
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-Titanfall-Console-Bundle/35046405

ToysRUs Preorder
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32885746&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="The Gravy" post="11554744" timestamp="1393265381"]I just bought an XB1 2 days ago at BB. Worth packing it up and returning it for a free copy of Titanfall?[/quote]

Yep!

I just bought an XB1 2 days ago at BB. Worth packing it up and returning it for a free copy of Titanfall?
Your call. Is $60 worth it to you? I just wish they would do something about it. They're going to have a decent amount of hardware returns. I'm sure there were many people that picked one up after seeing the Titanfall beta or playing the beta at a friend's house.

Any deals still showing that include a gift card or (another) free game with console purchase?

Would be amazing if a retailer would let people get this $499.99 package AND game/gift card.

I thought we saw offers last week from NewEgg for a game and Target for a gift card with XB1 console purchase.  Maybe those deals have expired, though.  Or preclude this package ('cause its a pre-order)....

Any deals showing that include a gift card or (another) free game?

Would be amazing if a retailer would let people get this $499.99 package AND game/gift card.

I thought we saw offers last week from NewEgg for a game and Target for a gift card with XB1 console purchase. Maybe those deals have expired, though....
The Target one expired yesterday. I posted that deal and remember the signage for it.

The Target one expired yesterday. I posted that deal and remember the signage for it.
Thanks for the info.

I'll be watching CAG to see if anything else shows up to take its place. This is the time to throw down the gauntlet, Microsoft (and retailers)!

I want to get an XBOX ONE but I really prefer Titanfall on a disc(Since the XBOX ONE already comes with so little amount of hard drive space) is there a way maybe I Can trade in the voucher for the actual game disc?

I sense this will become a trend with all their big titles. If that is the case, I'll probably wait for a Halo bundle of some kind. Also, I don't really care for digital like many people here but this is still a good deal. If you really want a physical disc, just play the digital copy until the physical copy price drops (or sell your digital copy and get a physical copy).

360 version is made by a different developer, correct?
Yes, Bluepoint. But they've got a good track record with ports. Rumors are that the 360 version looks good.

It is LE packaging? Is there a picture anywhere?

A lot of times MS just throws stickers on a standard console after opening an resealing them and with all the standard X1 systems lying around I figured they'd just do that since it'd be easy to slip two vouchers in (one for titanfall and one for the XBox Live code)
Yup, that's exactly what they're doing. Slipcover over the box and a couple digital codes thrown in. It makes sense, seeing that the Xbone is available pretty much everywhere now. I'm sure Microsoft is sitting on a pile of them in warehouses domestically and in China.

But this also makes me less interested in the bundle. If it had a special deco and the LE Titanfall controller (as well as a physical copy of the game), that might have been enough to push me into buying it. Instead I'll just play it on my 360, where all my friends are gonna be anyway.

Is the limited edition Titanfall controller included?
No. The standard controller is packaged in.

I want to get an XBOX ONE but I really prefer Titanfall on a disc(Since the XBOX ONE already comes with so little amount of hard drive space) is there a way maybe I Can trade in the voucher for the actual game disc?
Craigslist?

I haven't played the beta for this game, I've only watched some people on twitch. Overall it seems like a small step forward for FPS gameplay. Still... it looks too much like standard Call of Duty.

The Titans are a good feature and the ability to wall run adds some diversity. I think it has just enough originality to warrant a spot in my collection... but it's definitely not a day one buy for me. I'll wait 'til it sinks in price. I'm still waiting for FPS games to take bigger leaps in terms of gameplay, like Mirror's Edge.

I had more fun playing the Titanfall beta than I did playing Ghosts or BF4.

I think they are making a mistake by releasing it on 360, because IMO Titanfall is a system seller. I understand they'll make more money releasing on 360, but they won't move as many XboxOnes.

If you're on the fence, go for this bundle.

Even though they kind of held back graphically with the beta, even maxing it out in the beta wasn't technically maxed out...you could get a good enough idea of the graphics to know that the 360 should be able to reproduce them very well. In fact a big rumor/theory going around right now is that they are purposely delaying the 360 version because they know it won't be as big of a jump from the 360 version to the XB1 as many people expected. For a lot of people this was going to be a potential system seller (including myself), but why buy a new system for it when you can play a great version of it on your current console? Only reason for me would be if the 360 version bombed and had no community (since it's MP only).
Just wanted to tell you guys. The 360 is develop by a different developer...so dont expect a 1 to 1 port

Just wanted to tell you guys. The 360 is develop by a different developer...so dont expect a 1 to 1 port
Yeah but It's bluepoint. They've done amazing jobs with ports, I'm expecting it to run good on the 360. If people can't buy the X1 version/don't want to because of price, the 360 one should do a suitable job. It be 480p or something but it will probably run really well.

I had more fun playing the Titanfall beta than I did playing Ghosts or BF4.

I think they are making a mistake by releasing it on 360, because IMO Titanfall is a system seller. I understand they'll make more money releasing on 360, but they won't move as many XboxOnes.

If you're on the fence, go for this bundle.
I agree with this, Its still on the expensive side being $499.99 + tax so I'm not sure how many people will make the jump if they already have the 360. I also think this is why they're not saying much about that version. They want people to forget it exists, and I think they've done a good job of that so far.

I have to think if MS had a choice that they wouldn't have it released on the 360 but it may have been the only way for them to get it to be console exclusive.

I have to think if MS had a choice that they wouldn't have it released on the 360 but it may have been the only way for them to get it to be console exclusive.
I suspect Microsoft throw some money around to get the 360 version delayed to give the XBox One a head start, and try to get people to upgrade their consoles. It is not much of a headstart I agree, but most of the articles are saying this is a system seller so it keeps the 360 out of the lime light longer.

Of course it won't be a 1 to 1 port, but it has nothing to do with the 360 version being developed by Bluepoint. The Xbone is more powerful than the 360, it should look and perform better.

Yeah but It's bluepoint. They've done amazing jobs with ports, I'm expecting it to run good on the 360. If people can't buy the X1 version/don't want to because of price, the 360 one should do a suitable job. It be 480p or something but it will probably run really well.
CoD: Ghosts ran at 1024x600 on the 360. I'd imagine we'll see similar specs from Titanfall. It should definitely be better than 480p, though.

The 360 version will be the highest selling version. It would have cost them a truckload of money to keep EA from releasing that version. And Microsoft is still pushing Titanfall as an "Xbox exclusive" and keeping all information about the 360 version in the shadows, so consumer ignorance should help push a lot of Xbones, despite Titanfall coming to the 360 as well.

Great deal for people on the fence. Hopefully this sparks sales. The system is a lot better than places like neogaf would have you believe.

I was interested at first but then I realized im not paying 500 bucks just to play one game im not even that interested in. If I wait a bit the system will get a price drop and the game will be cheaper by then thatI can buy and have a physical copy of and maybe the system will have some games on it I want to play.

I would buy Titanfall for my pc before I would on Xbox one anyway.

Hoping to see Titanfall Digital Codes on the trading thread when this comes. I know some of you are not into the digital copy trend yet so yeah...

I was interested at first but then I realized im not paying 500 bucks just to play one game im not even that interested in.
I'm interested in the game, but I'm in the same boat. The Xbone's existing exclusives don't interest me too much, and there's nothing in the pipeline soon that has piqued my interest either. This makes it impossible to rationalize $500 just to play a single game that I can play a less pretty version of on my 360.

how will Sony fightback against this?

PS4 with Killzone 4?
I'm a Microsoft fanboy but I have to say something: They don't need to. PS4s are selling quite well, Sony themselves said they can't stabilize supply till April, and even then it might still be hard to come by.

Even if Microsoft outright went down to $450 they'd still be $50 more expensive and the PS4 is a more powerful system. See the resolution debates.

Hoping to see Titanfall Digital Codes on the trading thread when this comes. I know some of you are not into the digital copy trend yet so yeah...
I was hoping for that too.

Or I was hoping my friend would get this and I would swap him with my disc version until I read that it is going to be a 40gb install...

I love the idea of digitally owning games especially being able to just say play whatever instead of searching through crap, but with the limited space that the X1 has, I can't really justify reserving 40GB for a game I plan to keep installed forever on the system.

I was hoping for that too.

Or I was hoping my friend would get this and I would swap him with my disc version until I read that it is going to be a 40gb install...

I love the idea of digitally owning games especially being able to just say play whatever instead of searching through crap, but with the limited space that the X1 has, I can't really justify reserving 40GB for a game I plan to keep installed forever on the system.
What do you mean? You have to install all the games anyway.

I'm interested in the game, but I'm in the same boat. The Xbone's existing exclusives don't interest me too much, and there's nothing in the pipeline soon that has piqued my interest either. This makes it impossible to rationalize $500 just to play a single game that I can play a less pretty version of on my 360.
Same here. What are the exclusives for the rest of this year?

My bro has the PS4, so any multiplat games I would just get on that so we can share.

is it really worth it for people that have a decent PC?

I think I will get Titanfall on PC that way Im not forced to buy the Xbone 180

PVZ: Garden Warfare * Coming to the 360, has local co-op and boss rush mode exclusive. Timed exclusive most likely between both systems.

D4 (From the twisted mind that brought you Deadly Premonition)

Halo 4 and/or Halo 2 anniversary

Quantum Break (Remedy)

Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac games. Not much faith after FUSE though lol)

Kinect Sports Rivals

Gears of War probably won't arrive till 2016 or later considering it just went in development. Fable Legends is supposed to be 2015.

if I'm missing any let me know.

All games on Disc are copied to the hard drive. There really is no difference except for resale or taking the disc to a friend's house.

PVZ: Garden Warfare * Coming to the 360, has local co-op and boss rush mode exclusive. Timed exclusive most likely between both systems.

Quantum Break (Remedy)

Kinect Sports Rivals

Gears of War probably won't arrive till 2016 or later considering it just went in development. Fable Legends is supposed to be 2015.
Doesn't seem to have much. Thanks.

Only thing I want is The Order on PS4. 2015 is probably when all the big exclusives come out.

Right now they don't need to because they are still $100 cheaper. The price itself is PS4's biggest system seller right now.
For the casual audience, I agree. For the hardcore audience, it's price + performance.

What do you mean? You have to install all the games anyway.
I'm guessing he means that, if he's got it on disc, it's quick and easy to put it back on the Xbone after deletion. But with digital, that 40GB download is gonna take a little while unless you've got fast internet. And for people with data caps, the size hurts even worse.

My bro has the PS4, so any multiplat games I would just get on that so we can share.
I don't think we really know. Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo 5 probably won't hit until 2015. Halo 2 Anniversary will probably drop this fall.

Nice deal for those wanting to jump in. I would recommend dead rising 3 and Peggle 2
to go with it.
Played the DR3 demo on friend's Xbox One this weekend. It was a lot of fun and the amount of zombies on screen is pretty impressive. Only issue with the demo was 2 20 minute limits for each gamertag. Never really able to get into a flow.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but has anyone seen these up for order somewhere that won't charge tax, specifically to CA? I will order one today if it exists. I can get a plain system without tax so paying tax pretty much negates the game cost.

Maybe from an out-of-state Amazon third-party after launch?

How Are You Guys Able To Return An Open Console? My Best Buy Is Pretty Strict About Not Allowing This. Sorry For The Caps On Every Word My Phone Does This Automatically.

Quantum Break (Remedy)

Kinect Sports Rivals

if I'm missing any let me know.
Project Spark should be out soon. The beta starts next month.

bread's done
Back