Titanfall Xbox One Bundle $499.99

cubeenigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
198 (100%)
Not a deal per se but officially announced, the Xbox One bundle with a digital copy of Titanfall and a month of XBL is up for preorder at amazon. So you save about $60 which isn't bad if you were going to get an Xbox one for titanfall anyways.

Xbox One Console - Titanfall Bundle by Microsoft

Amazon Preorder http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IIHU44E/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_9p1ctb0RQFDWW

Best Buy Preorder
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp;jsessionid=B1685E65E7895745A9CDC5DD11DAD9E2.bbmdotp-app32-105?skuId=4042004&pid=1219095669885&pcatId=pcmcat300300050002

Gamestop Preorder
http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/113923

Newegg Preorder
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16868105106

Walmart Preorder
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-Titanfall-Console-Bundle/35046405

ToysRUs Preorder
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32885746&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with the news that this comes in its own SE box I will probably buy one as I was already on the edge (just posted the Titanfall thread the other night asking for advice on whether or not I should get one). While I don't like digital it saves me the $60 on the game for now and I will pick up a physical copy in a few years for the shelf.

Between credit and a Christmas gift card I've been saving I have enough to get it from Gamestop. Does anyone know if they offer release day delivery of any kind? Or should I preorder in store?

Why? As long as it's within the return period, you should be able to return it opened or not.
I hope you're right about this. I was going to buy Titanfall digitally anyways, and I just bought an XB1 two days ago. I figure I'll pack it up and return it for a free copy of the game

so the rumor of a titanfall xbox one bundle was half true, so the rumor of a  $400 discless digital only xbox one might not be too far off

Isn't this is a pretty swift kick to the nads of folks who bought at launch? It's not 3DS-price-drop bad, but still . . .

Isn't this is a pretty swift kick to the nads of folks who bought at launch? It's not 3DS-price-drop bad, but still . . .
Why? That's just part of being an early adopter. You play on a new system for 3 months longer than other people. Anyone who thinks Microsoft owes them something because they bought an X1 on day 1 is delusional or a member of the Entitled Generation.

If you bought a brand new TV and then a TV bundle came out a few months later, would you whine to Panasonic/LG/Samsung?

Yeah, here come the Playstation clowns, once again starting trouble in an Xbox thread.
I guess they must be bored to death with their PS games, because they never miss a chance to post under Xbox topics.

Why? That's just part of being an early adopter. You play on a new system for 3 months longer than other people. Anyone who thinks Microsoft owes them something because they bought an X1 on day 1 is delusional or a member of the Entitled Generation.

If you bought a brand new TV and then a TV bundle came out a few months later, would you whine to Panasonic/LG/Samsung?
While I agree with you on all points -- they owe nothing to early adopters, who assumed the risk of later sales and bundles -- it still seems like a bad move to bundle their AAAA game just three months after launch without giving something to those folks. They're the biggest fans and usually the strongest brand proponents. The last thing they need is for delusional/entitled/embittered early adopters to start dinging the brand.

The 3DS Ambassador program wasn't worth nearly as much as the price drop, but it helped keep early adopters from feeling like they got a raw deal. Even a $10-20 credit towards Titanfall for folks who logged an XBox One achievement between launch and the bundle's drop date would be smart.

Well with the news that this comes in its own SE box I will probably buy one as I was already on the edge (just posted the Titanfall thread the other night asking for advice on whether or not I should get one). While I don't like digital it saves me the $60 on the game for now and I will pick up a physical copy in a few years for the shelf.

Between credit and a Christmas gift card I've been saving I have enough to get it from Gamestop. Does anyone know if they offer release day delivery of any kind? Or should I preorder in store?
I honestly think there is a chance it's just slipcover... not really the same as a true LE box

How Are You Guys Able To Return An Open Console? My Best Buy Is Pretty Strict About Not Allowing This. Sorry For The Caps On Every Word My Phone Does This Automatically.
Their website specifically says you can trade them just not opened video games, if they give you hassle just direct them to the website's page. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/return-exchange-policy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

Order In-store. Their shipping is usually really expensive and it isn't very fast either.

Breathe. It was a play on what everyone always says about Nintendo.
Sorry, just feels like every post is a fanboy crying about the Xbox One. :wall:

I wouldn't be shocked if its a slip cover only because it was announced so close to launch. It doesn't really matter to me but for a collector I understand why it does.

If Microsoft is smart they will hand these download codes out to everyone that purchased a new console in the last 30 days. If they do not do this the retailers and Microsoft are going to get thousands of open xbox ones returned to them.

Let's hope they have a plan to allow users or stores to provide the download codes to them.

Also for the rest of us this may mean being able to ebay a titanfall code for cheap.

Some lucky Target purchasers may be able to get the $50 gift card and the titanfall code if Microsoft offers the codes to recent purchasers. I would hold of on returning that console with $50 gift card for a little bit longer.

Just thinking this. Way to reward your early adopters MS.
Yeah, I know things obviously get cheaper as time goes on but it feels annoying that the early adopters get a kick to the groin like this. Even more annoying for people in UK since the system got a price drop there and this bundle.

If Microsoft is smart they will hand these download codes out to everyone that purchased a new console in the last 30 days. If they do not do this the retailers and Microsoft are going to get thousands of open xbox ones returned to them.

Let's hope they have a plan to allow users or stores to provide the download codes to them.

Also for the rest of us this may mean being able to ebay a titanfall code for cheap.
Most stores don't have 30 day return policy's I know Gamestop is only like a week and it has to be sealed. Bestbuy varies depending on membership, Walmart is 15 days,Target's is 30 days but they can be denied if item is opened.

I know it would definitely suck if you bought a system recently, but with the Gift Card deals we've been seeing and the free game that many stores have been offering should have still gotten some sort of a deal.

Just the risk you take as an earlier adapter. if the sales between the two systems were closer you might not even seen this bundle.
That's what is a shame that the only reason this bundle is happening is because sales are worse than they expected. I know people are saying this was thought out for awhile, but I still reason this bundle was rushed.

I wouldn't be surprised if that rumored Titanfall console was true that featured a special design on it, but given sales of the system they just decided to push out the regular console with the game asap.

I dont see how early adopters can complain about this, its the price you pay for playing at release.  With the wave of bundles and LE consoles last-gen it was fully expected this would start early in the PS4/XB1 cycle.  I bought a PS4 at launch and I'm not gonna complain about the fact theyve announced MGS and Infamous bundles since then.

I have a PS4 and knew I wanted am Xbox One eventually I just didn't think it would be this soon! This just broke my willpower enough with the extra 5% off that mostly negated the sales tax.

If anyone else wants the 5% I had to sign up for mobile deals delivered to my phone and they send a code for the discount. You can then cancel the texts right away.

I have a PS4 and knew I wanted am Xbox One eventually I just didn't think it would be this soon! This just broke my willpower enough with the extra 5% off that mostly negated the sales tax.

If anyone else wants the 5% I had to sign up for mobile deals delivered to my phone and they send a code for the discount. You can then cancel the texts right away.
Yeah and with the message saying 10/Messages per month I'm not sure who would want all that spam. >_>

A physical copy of an XB1 game is essentially a digital copy that requires the disc. Only hoping to ease your worries, not be combative or release the fanboy hounds.
Except a physical copy can be sold/traded, whereas a digital copy cannot. Just to state the obvious. :)

A physical copy of an XB1 game is essentially a digital copy that requires the disc. Only hoping to ease your worries, not be combative or release the fanboy hounds.
.... that you can resell.

still not interested in xbone personally. played the beta on pc and the xb1 version looked bad in comparison.

I like my Xbox One and am glad that I bought it - also enjoyed the beta for the game and plan on purchasing it. A free digital copy would be awesome if they did that for current owners but if they don't then oh well - I understood the risk with not waiting to buy the console.

That being said I hope there is some kind of discount for current owners if they buy the digital version. And I don't mean some $5 off discount but something real like $20 off making it $39.99 - or even making the digital version $29.99 during first week of release. That'd be a lot better than having to pay full price for the game.

That being said I hope there is some kind of discount for current owners if they buy the digital version. And I don't mean some $5 off discount but something real like $20 off making it $39.99 - or even making the digital version $29.99 during first week of release. That'd be a lot better than having to pay full price for the game.
Heh. And then you woke up.

I was for sure thinking they would increase price i remember buying my halo xbox with no game for more than the current premiums
I'm not too sure about that. There's no difference in special artwork or design on the xbox one system itself. Also the controller seems to be standard. Only difference is the retail box is different and also that it comes with the game code and 1 month xbl.

Still boggles my mind that they didn't put the titanfall controller in the bundle.
That's cause these aren't really "special" bundles. They're the standard (and likely overproduced given the lower demand) Xbox Ones with a Titanfall slipcover over it and a couple of digital codes thrown in.

If the Xbox One had sold like gangbusters, we would have seen a real Titanfall special console. Special deco and the LE Titanfall controller, probably with a $550 price tag. What we get instead is Microsoft's attempt at selling units and moving inventory. A better value for the consumer, but nothing unique about it.

I'm in that boat. You bet I'm returning my console that I bought 3 days ago. I was pissed when this got announced. I think that anyone who owns an XB1 before Titanfall's release should get this game for free, but whatever. We'll see what happens. If they don't give us a free code for Titanfall like you say, they ARE going to have loads of opened Xboxes on their hands, and rightfully so. fuck 'em.

That's cause these aren't really "special" bundles. They're the standard (and likely overproduced given the lower demand) Xbox Ones with a Titanfall slipcover over it and a couple of digital codes thrown in.

If the Xbox One had sold like gangbusters, we would have seen a real Titanfall special console. Special deco and the LE Titanfall controller, probably with a $550 price tag. What we get instead is Microsoft's attempt at selling units and moving inventory. A better value for the consumer, but nothing unique about it.
The Xbox one did sell like gangbusters. It may currently be behind the ps4 but consoles haven't ever sold this fast after launch in the history of gaming. So both are selling like these gangbusters you speak of.

The Xbox one did sell like gangbusters. It may currently be behind the ps4 but consoles haven't ever sold this fast after launch in the history of gaming. So both are selling like these gangbusters you speak of.
It's all relative, though. I know I can walk into pretty much any store right now and find an Xbox One for sale. I can't say the same for the PS4. Also, comparing sales of next gen hardware to previous gens is a little disingenuous, unless you're willing to factor in the increase in userbase. More people play video games these days, so more hardware should be sold.

And really, if Microsoft estimated demand to be higher than it was, and they based production off of their estimated demand, they're still going to be sitting on a lot of inventory. It's really the only explanation for making a special Titanfall bundle in this manner, it being the same as the regular console and Microsoft throwing in a Titanfall digital code for free.

This is nothing. Shortly after the original Xbox launch in the UK, Microsoft dropped the price by £100 (about $160)! As way of apology, they offered a pack of Halo, Dead or Alive 3 and extra controller for early adopters. If they could come back from that, they can come back from this.

bread's done
Back