TJ Maxx - MW2 & Halo 3 ODST - $29!

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got off the phone with the wife. She found one copy of MW2 (PS3) and multiple copies of ODST for 29 bucks each. This is at a Wisconsin TJ Maxx.

Edit: I have one copy of each in hand. She wasn't kidding!

Last edited by a moderator:
a bunch of stores had these around xmas for $45. They are probably trying to clear out extra stock. I remember also seeing AC2 and MUA2 at that time

No dice at the one in Chandler, AZ by the Chandler Fashion Center. They had no PS3 games at all and I only saw Guilty Gear 2: Overture for XBOX360 and some penguin game for the Wii.

[quote name='daminion']a bunch of stores had these around xmas for $45. They are probably trying to clear out extra stock. I remember also seeing AC2 and MUA2 at that time[/QUOTE]

Wife came home - sure enough she was right. There was a $47 sticker under the new $29 price. Looks like they are getting rid of the leftovers.

There we no good games at the Chapel Hill, OH TJs when i checked tonight. Just ET: Quake Wars PS3 and some games I had never heard of for 360.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Just a reminder. If you don't find any of the games on the sales floor, they are most likely behind the counter.

Good hunting![/QUOTE]
It sounds like you're trying to convince people to take the cash register or something. >_>;

Anyway, great find, OP! I'll check this out tomorrow... I'm pretty sure I have one in my town. :D

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It sounds like you're trying to convince people to take the cash register or something. >_>;
[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to actually go behind the counter and start poking around. It's just that in more populated areas where shoplifting is prevalent, games are placed in a cardboard display behind the registers instead of out in the open.

I don't think there will be that much money in those cash registers anyway ;).

[quote name='knightsdwn']I didn't mean to actually go behind the counter and start poking around. It's just that in more populated areas where shoplifting is prevalent, games are placed in a cardboard display behind the registers instead of out in the open.

I don't think there will be that much money in those cash registers anyway ;).[/QUOTE]

LOL The TJ Maxx stores always remind me of Kmart stores in that there's rarely anyone in them.:D

I had no idea TJ Maxx sold console games...albeit the last time I went to a store was back in the N64 days. All I remember was they had crappy PC games.

[quote name='frpilot']went to tj maxx tonight. it was like a ross, only had clothing and clearance household items. no video game to speak of.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the store, but I've seen PS2, Wii, 360, and PS3 games mixed in with DVDs/HD-DVDs or in little cardboard stands near the cash register.

I've got a TJ Maxx here...good store I guess, but I haven't bought clothes in years :lol:

Do they carry games now, is this all of them? Maybe just some promotion from last fall?

Probably gonna be a goose chase, but I'll check out ours over lunch. Last time I was in there, they did have some games, but I figured they were all shovelware and didn't take a good look at them.

Update: No dice in Owensboro, KY. Good luck to all you other CAGs out there.

Westbury, NY
I can confirm behind cashier desk they have all the games MW2 BatmanAA, SVR2010 for PS3 Halo For XBox and a bunch of WII Games. I would say they have at least 10 of Batman & MW2

I got MW2 & Batman for $29 each better than anything you can get out there.

[quote name='SubjectNameHere']Found MW2 at the one in Gilbert, AZ half an hour ago! Thanks OP!![/QUOTE]

Did they have a lot do you remember(for ps3)? I might swing by there.

[quote name='Nebenator']Can you call it to check or do you have to drive?[/QUOTE]

You can probably call, but as with many stores, you may get a hold of someone who doesn't know that they have them & may not care enough to check.

[quote name='derspiess']You can probably call, but as with many stores, you may get a hold of someone who doesn't know that they have them & may not care enough to check.[/QUOTE]

I never have any luck with calling about these types of sales.

This is a definite YMMV. Most TJ maxx stores sold out of these at christmas time, I dont foresee a whole lot of stores still carrying them. FYI for those people inquiring, no TJ Maxx does not carry video games on a regular basis, they got in a few select games at almost retail price for the holidays.

[quote name='Okatha']Did they secure their registers so they weren't broadcasting CC info in the open?[/QUOTE]

That's funny, didn't think too many others knew about that, especially here. You would be surprised how many stores do this.

I'll be damned-- I finally found where the TJ Maxx in downtown Cincy keeps its games & DVDs. They had about 4 or 5 copies of ODST marked down to $29, no MW2 though.

My buddy checked out the TJ in Green Bay---no Halos or MW2. There were a few games---Quake Wars for PS3, Guilty Gear, Battle Fantasia...I passed on all of them. If you're interested, they're tucked away by the electric shavors near the men's section.

Picked up Forza 3 for $29. They also had Beatles Rock Band for the Wii and Tekken 6 for the PS3. The guy at the register said they had a pretty robust selection prior to Christmas and that this was all that was left.

[quote name='derspiess']I'll be damned-- I finally found where the TJ Maxx in downtown Cincy keeps its games & DVDs. They had about 4 or 5 copies of ODST marked down to $29, no MW2 though.[/QUOTE]

Which one? I'm coming through Cincy (my brief stomping grounds from last year) this weekend, and I was looking to hit up one or two of these looking for any of these games.

bread's done
Back