Tom Clancy's Endwar w/ headset for PS3 & 360- $49.99 at Best Buy B&M & online

[quote name='shoe478']Don't buy it just to get the headset. Just about any BT headset works and I've gotten them as cheap as $2.97 at Sears. You can also find the Warhawk bundle at Target and some other stores for $29.99. It comes w/ the Jabra BT125 plus I've heard that is a good game and there is a CAG night.[/quote]

have you used that jabra thing? that thing is horrible....

Between this deal for the game/headset/strategy guide and the free Who DVD's from the Premier Silver Reward Zone deal, it was a worthwhile trip to BB today. Thanks to the OP's of both deals! :applause:

[quote name='shoe478']Don't buy it just to get the headset. Just about any BT headset works and I've gotten them as cheap as $2.97 at Sears. You can also find the Warhawk bundle at Target and some other stores for $29.99. It comes w/ the Jabra BT125 plus I've heard that is a good game and there is a CAG night.[/quote]
My understanding is that the voice activation/control in games requires the official PS3 headset. If you just want chat in games, then yes, any Bluetooth headset should work.

[quote name='flix1']My understanding is that the voice activation/control in games requires the official PS3 headset. If you just want chat in games, then yes, any Bluetooth headset should work.[/quote]

I don't think that's right. I downloaded the demo after I saw this deal posted, and I'm currently using a normal desktop microphone with a USB adapter on PS3. It was awkward, but it worked perfectly fine.

[quote name='johnnypark']I don't think that's right. I downloaded the demo after I saw this deal posted, and I'm currently using a normal desktop microphone with a USB adapter on PS3. It was awkward, but it worked perfectly fine.[/quote]
Well, I'll have to try out the demo before I pickup this set that I ordered earlier today for instore pickup.

I have 4 different Bluetooth headsets laying around that I use for different purposes. I'll try one of them out and see if it works.

Ok, this is kind of tempting. I currently have a $20 Jabra and it does what it does, but it's very uncomfortable and is far from high quality. I was planning on getting a new one and passing this bt headset to another person.

Should I bite on this and just trade in endwar (ps3) towards another game? I was planning on trading it in to Gamecrazy for $20 towards MK vs DC (39.99 on Sun). But I'm not quite sure.

Have been using XBOX 360 wireless headset for about 3-4 months and haven't noticed drops, noise or any other hiccups yet. Great deal at below headset alone price.

The headset used to to have a lot of problems but they fixed it. I believe you can tell whether you have the new version or the old version based on the color of the power button. The old, messed up version had a white powered button, while the newer version has a silver power button.

The one that comes with this bundle is the newer version with the silver power button.

so whats stops someone from buying the ps3 version keeping the headset and taking the game to another store and getting credit. From my understanding this is the game and the headset seperate each retail versions.

[quote name='muelly']so whats stops someone from buying the ps3 version keeping the headset and taking the game to another store and getting credit. From my understanding this is the game and the headset seperate each retail versions.[/quote]

Morals?

I'm sure its been done already. I mean if its retail the UPC will not indicate not for resale like the Socom game case states.

I was at my best buy trying to pick this up however was unsure how to do it. Was not sure if I was looking for a special package or if I'm to just grab the game and the sony headset. Store was far to busy to wait for an associate to answer the question

[quote name='muelly']so whats stops someone from buying the ps3 version keeping the headset and taking the game to another store and getting credit. From my understanding this is the game and the headset seperate each retail versions.[/quote]
Won't you have to show your receipt. Or will they overlook this because it's right after the holidays?

[quote name='muelly']I'm sure its been done already. I mean if its retail the UPC will not indicate not for resale like the Socom game case states.

I was at my best buy trying to pick this up however was unsure how to do it. Was not sure if I was looking for a special package or if I'm to just grab the game and the sony headset. Store was far to busy to wait for an associate to answer the question[/quote]

Return fraud.. really?

I havent done it. But when I went to store I didnt know how to get the game. I was looking for a special package but all I was ableto find was the game and the headset each in its own retail package, not together. Generally when you get bundles they are in some special packaging thus allowing you to not return one item like in this case for one just wanting a headset.

I am tempted to pick this bundle up yet however dont really want endwar so I'm also tempted to pass and maybe pick up the socom bundle when its patched.

[quote name='option.iv']Won't you have to show your receipt. Or will they overlook this because it's right after the holidays?[/quote]
They will overlook it due to the holidays plus a lot of stores will take it back with no receipt and just give you a store credit on a giftcard.I know walmart does this for everything but they will take your drivers license number when you return any item over a certain value($50 i believe) because they only allow so many returns without a receipt over a certain price per year and that is how they track it.

[quote name='muelly']I havent done it. But when I went to store I didnt know how to get the game. I was looking for a special package but all I was ableto find was the game and the headset each in its own retail package, not together. Generally when you get bundles they are in some special packaging thus allowing you to not return one item like in this case for one just wanting a headset.

I am tempted to pick this bundle up yet however dont really want endwar so I'm also tempted to pass and maybe pick up the socom bundle when its patched.[/quote]

If you couldnt find the bundle its possible that your store was soldout of it.Check online store availability and then just order it for instore pickup.

[quote name='muelly']is it going to actually be in teh form of a bundle? Or will it be each individual?[/quote]
It will be a bundle.Just look for the packaging that says INCLUDES BLUETOOTH HEADSET

[quote name='Cheadyp']The headset used to to have a lot of problems but they fixed it. I believe you can tell whether you have the new version or the old version based on the color of the power button. The old, messed up version had a white powered button, while the newer version has a silver power button.

The one that comes with this bundle is the newer version with the silver power button.[/quote]

Thx man. So I'll definitely buy one bundle for me :D.

[quote name='option.iv']One question, does the ps3 bt headset come with a dock? Or a usb cable?[/quote]It comes with a dock in the EndWar bundle.

[quote name='option.iv']One question, does the ps3 bt headset come with a dock? Or a usb cable?[/quote]

Yes, both; it charges via USB and appears to automatically sync w/the PS3 when placed in the dock.

a free game for the price of a bluetooth headset? I guess this is worth it since the game is at least decent.

When does this deal (price) end? I'm outta town for a week and wanna use store pick up but it won't be much good if they just put it back on the shelf...

Cool, and how long does this price last or is it until they get rid of stock? I think I'm going to go with the PS3 version since I figure the two are similar enough and it's BT headset is sweet (have one for phone but would like one for the PS3 as well).

[quote name='Beer Monkey']PS3 version not even listed at bb.com any more. If I go to the store, will it still be $49.99 if in stock?[/quote]

varies by store. Everything goes OOS eventually

Well, just picked it up. The ps3 version It does come with the usb/dock. The game also conveniently is shrink wrapped within the box. So *cough* ... yeah *cough* .... I was lucky also since they have the free strat guide offer.

Thanks again OP, I think this is the best deal of the year in a certain way.

Oh come one, man....we know what you're thinking...at least have the class to just open it up, take it to BBV and get $35 for TIV. Usually I'm all for bucking the system, but when you can get that much for a used trade in, really no reason to try to dupe someone with a no reciept return, IMHO.

[quote name='sgaldis']take it to BBV and get $35 for TIV.[/quote]
and are you sure that the trade in value is that high for the game at BBV? because the trade in value at GS is only $12, and it's actually selling for less than $30 brand new and sealed on ebay. i don't know, maybe that because of this sale, and hopefully it will sell for higher than that in a few weeks after the sale's over...

and i agree that it's a waste to use a no receipt return on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheadyp']The headset used to to have a lot of problems but they fixed it. I believe you can tell whether you have the new version or the old version based on the color of the power button. The old, messed up version had a white powered button, while the newer version has a silver power button.

The one that comes with this bundle is the newer version with the silver power button.[/quote]

Read this then, reversed decision to pass. Got one +free strategy guide after talking to CS for about 10 minutes. Thanks for the heads-up on the newer version.

Just picked one up for the 360, great deal!

This is pretty much unadvertised so it shouldn't be too hard find them in-store. I saw 5-6 copies left at the Best Buy I went to and it rung up at $49.99.

They have always had a silver power button.

[quote name='vectorscalar']Read this then, reversed decision to pass. Got one +free strategy guide after talking to CS for about 10 minutes. Thanks for the heads-up on the newer version.[/quote]

Heh should of done your research.

Yeah, the power button hasn't changed. My last two that I had that went dead were a silver power button, too.

I just hope this one doesn't shit out on me... :)

I now realize I am wrong about the color of the power button (all the wireless headset pics on the internet have brainwashed me), but I do know that they did a major change from when they initially released the headset.

Initially, the headset was extremely sensitive to noise. It would pick up even the slightest of sounds, such as you simply breathing. In addition, it had a problem where it would often give off a constant buzzing sound to other people on Xbox Live. There were also problems where the wireless connection to the Xbox 360 would often drop.

When they came out with the newer version of the headset, one of the main things they fixed was decreasing its sensitivity to noise. It will no longer pick up the sound of you simply breathing, though, if you play with the TV volume really high, you may still have a problem of it picking up your TV's sound.

They also fixed the buzzing problem sound, as well as, for the most part, fixed the problem where the wireless connection would drop.

The one that comes with this bundle is the newest version

Ran to BB this morning to pick this up as well as Midnight Club LA with the $10 giftcard.

I got MC:LA, and was going to use the $10 GC on Endwar, but was told that the headset bundles were sold out. Lame!! Their website said they've had them in stock since Sunday, so they were lying.

Came home and used my GC to order it from the store with free shipping to my home and I got ebates rewards on it too, so it worked out in the end.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Why is it showing up saying the PS3 version no longer exists? Is it still valid in stores?[/quote]
Should be.I went and got it today for ps3 after the link went dead and the deal was still active instore although none of the copies at my store had a sticker or anything about the free guide.

I got the last one at my BB, The headset seems cool I played the demo of EndWar before I opened it is actually really cool, but the funny thing in a way I hate it; It is not because the game sucks are anything it is that I suck at stragey games. The game seems really awesome though and if your into stragey games i totaly recommend it. Other then that I sold the game on Amazon for 32.00 after Amazon crazy commission and after I ship the game I will get basically get 25 so the headset in the end cost me 25.00. So sick deal thanks OP.

Is the game still playable without a headset? I already have the wireless one (from March 2007 I think) but its that I don't, won't & never play a game with a mic unless its for MP reasons, not into talking to give the CPU orders when I rather just have simple button presses open menus instead.

I just don't like gameplay gimmicks, that is what I'm trying to say. Been like this since SOCOM (circle button

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Is the game still playable without a headset? I already have the wireless one (from March 2007 I think) but its that I don't, won't & never play a game with a mic unless its for MP reasons, not into talking to give the CPU orders when I rather just have simple button presses open menus instead.

I just don't like gameplay gimmicks, that is what I'm trying to say. Been like this since SOCOM (circle button

bread's done
Back