Tom Clancy's Endwar w/ headset for PS3 & 360- $49.99 at Best Buy B&M & online

[quote name='Cheadyp']I now realize I am wrong about the color of the power button (all the wireless headset pics on the internet have brainwashed me), but I do know that they did a major change from when they initially released the headset.

Initially, the headset was extremely sensitive to noise. It would pick up even the slightest of sounds, such as you simply breathing. In addition, it had a problem where it would often give off a constant buzzing sound to other people on Xbox Live. There were also problems where the wireless connection to the Xbox 360 would often drop.

When they came out with the newer version of the headset, one of the main things they fixed was decreasing its sensitivity to noise. It will no longer pick up the sound of you simply breathing, though, if you play with the TV volume really high, you may still have a problem of it picking up your TV's sound.

They also fixed the buzzing problem sound, as well as, for the most part, fixed the problem where the wireless connection would drop.

The one that comes with this bundle is the newest version[/quote]

I'm disappointed with the headset. I can hear pretty well my friends, but my friends told me that they could barely hear me. While we were playing Left4Dead they also complained that my HT volume was too high when we were attacked by the horde :bomb:. So the headset is too sensitive to ambient noise, but it can't deliver my voice clearly :roll:.
I guess I'll re-solder the EA-Motorola wired headset. It's uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but at least the sound is loud and clear and the mic is top notch.

I'm glad that at least I got "for free" a decent game with the headset...

I just read on wikipedia that it could have some issues with older wireless controller like the one that I usually use. So I'll try the joypad that came with my Xbox 360 Elite.

Gah, looks like I need to see if my local BB has it in stock since I forgot to order in store for the PS3 and now it no longer shows up

[quote name='SniperREX']I'm disappointed with the headset. I can hear pretty well my friends, but my friends told me that they could barely hear me. While we were playing Left4Dead they also complained that my HT volume was too high when we were attacked by the horde :bomb:. So the headset is too sensitive to ambient noise, but it can't deliver my voice clearly :roll:.
[/quote]

When I used to have the wireless headset, I had a similar problem. I tend to sort of mumble when I play on xbl, and its usually not a problem because the wired headset would pick up my voice and others could hear me nice and clearly. But when I got the wireless headset, since the headset is so far away from your mouth and the microphone only turns on when it hears a loud sound, it would not pick up my voice (without me talking louder than normal). So I ended up returning it and now I'm back to mumbling in my wired headset lol.

[quote name='Cheadyp']When I used to have the wireless headset, I had a similar problem. I tend to sort of mumble when I play on xbl, and its usually not a problem because the wired headset would pick up my voice and others could hear me nice and clearly. But when I got the wireless headset, since the headset is so far away from your mouth and the microphone only turns on when it hears a loud sound, it would not pick up my voice (without me talking louder than normal). So I ended up returning it and now I'm back to mumbling in my wired headset lol.[/quote]

You should have told us that earlier :bomb:.

Oh well, no big deal. I guess I'm gonna use it when I want to scream ;)

[quote name='SniperREX']You should have told us that earlier :bomb:.

Oh well, no big deal. I guess I'm gonna use it when I want to scream ;)[/quote]

I really don't think you will have a problem. You don't have to talk loud for it to pick up your voice, you just have to talk at a normal volume. I've never seen anyone else with the complaint I have. None of my friends that have the headset have any problem with it. Ever since getting the wireless headset, that's the one they use.

[quote name='SniperREX']You should have told us that earlier :bomb:.

Oh well, no big deal. I guess I'm gonna use it when I want to scream ;)[/quote]

I just thought that as long as you talk at a normal volume level, it works fine. And if you talk at a quiet volume level, it doesn't pick your voice up at all. I didn't realize that there was a problem in between where it picks up your voice yet you still sound too quiet.

All my friends that have it love it and have no problems with it.

I guess I have a good problem.... For Xmas I got a PS3 Bluetooth Headset and I still have an unopened PS3/End War combo......of course I knew that would happen..... and fat chance with Best Buy taking something without a recipient....doh!!!!! I kinda want End War now that it seems like folks are enjoying it

[quote name='Coraanu']For the mumblers and screamers, can't you just mute the wireless headset? =][/quote]
What's the point of buying a headset if you just plan to have it on mute all the time?

[quote name='option.iv']Well, just picked it up. The ps3 version It does come with the usb/dock. The game also conveniently is shrink wrapped within the box. So *cough* ... yeah *cough* .... I was lucky also since they have the free strat guide offer.

Thanks again OP, I think this is the best deal of the year in a certain way.[/QUOTE]

is the PS3 bundle come with the game (sealed) and the headset in its' own packaging??? or does the headset come in like a plastic bag????

I know the 360s are individually packaged, BB basically threw in the full retail versions of both and put them in the same box... but i'm not sure about the PS3.

bread's done
Back