Tomb Raider Preorder Exclusives Comparison Thread

smackinisaiah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sup CAGs!
This is my first attempt at a decent thread on here so any constructive criticism or advice is much appreciated and welcomed! I've saved a LOT of money on games in the past few months and the least I could do is contribute.

I'm currently in the market for Tomb Raider, and after comparing exclusives from some of the reputable retailers, I compiled a list of features for everyone to enjoy. I am aware that this is already a little dated, since Tomb Raider comes out next week, but it's my first attempt at this, and there's still some people on the fence about the game.

Also, this is my first of, hopefully, many posts like this. If anyone would like to give me a hand in compiling one solid, wikified thread that has preorder comparisons for all the upcoming games, please PM me and we can get something working.

3/5/13
TOMB RAIDER (X360/PS3)

Amazon:
  • Tomb Raider: Final Hours Edition $59.99 + FSS/Prime
    • Hunter Skin: An exclusive outfit that camouflages Lara in a heavy coating of mud, action movie-style.
    • The Final Hours of Tomb Raider 'Director's Cut' eBook for Kindle
    • The Art of Tomb Raider 'Amazon Edition' Art Book (Hardcover // 32 pages)
    • Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt access code to unlock DLC items and chances to win prizes (mobile 'geocaching-esque' app, I believe? please correct me on this)
    • Shanty Town Multiplayer Map

• Receive $5 Amazon credit off the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (exclusions apply).
  • Exclusive codes e-mailed within 2 days of shipment. (including $5 Amazon credit)
  • Art book packaged and shipped with product.
  • Amazon will price match game to lowest cost on Amazon.com during time between preorder and the end of the day on release date.
Best Buy:
  • Tomb Raider $59.99 + FS/Pickup
    • Tomb Raider game
    • Aviatrix Skin: Dress Lara as a classic 1930s adventurer, bomber jacket and all.
    • Tomb Raider: The Beginnings Comic Book: Written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by Tomb Raider Art Director Brian Horton. The Beginnings is a 48-page, six-part comic book that explains how the Endurance's ill-fated voyage came to be. This special edition comic book brings together the cast and crew, including a budding young adventurer named Lara Croft, as they search for the Yamatai off Japan's East Coast. (Packages with the game.)
    • Shanty Town Multiplayer Map (thanks DeskLaser)

• $20 Reward Zone Certificate if you are a Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] member (received 30 days from date of purchase)
  • 2X Reward Zone points for new video game purchases
  • 15% off a Limited Edition guide ($32.30 + tax after discount)
    • Guide includes an exclusive 1.5" metal amulet with rope from the game, two special in-game digital downloads and a collectible hardcover strategy guide with a deluxe finish.
  • Tomb Raider Survival XBOX 360 controller ($39.99 when purchased with game)
Walmart:
  • Tomb Raider $59.96 + FS/Pickup
    • Guardian of Light download (1200 MSP / $15 value)
    • Guerrilla skin: This exclusive outfit makes Lara look like a jungle warfare guerrilla
    • Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt code

• $4.99 VUDU Movie Credits (e-mailed)
GameStop:
  • Tomb Raider $59.96 + FS/Pickup
    • Exclusive Lost Adventurer Challenge Tomb. An exclusive tomb for Lara to raid! In this new location, Lara will encounter all new environment puzzles that will test her abilities.

• 10 points per dollar spent for PowerUp Rewards members
  • Tomb Raider Survival XBOX 360 controller $59.99
Target:
  • Tomb Raider $59.99 + FS/Pickup
    • Exclusive Target steelbook (preorder NOT required)
  • $5 Target GC after purchase

Amazon/Best Buy/Walmart/GameStop:

• Tomb Raider: Collector's Edition $99.99 + FS
    • Includes any store-specific exclusives (including Amazon)
    • Play Arts Kai Lara Croft Figurine: Fully posable figurine with over 40 points of articulation. The dirt on her body and clothes have been realistically recreated to tell the tale of Lara's fierce fight for survival on a desolate island in her first and most harrowing adventure. Comes with alternate set of 3 hands, bow and arrow, shotgun, handgun, and climbing axe. Figure Size: Approx 8.0" Tall
    • Endurance Survival Kit Packaging: Worn and weather-beaten steel tin (not a steel book) recovered from the Endurance shipwreck, and a 15" x 19" Double Sided Island Map and Poster. Discover Key Landmarks from the mysterious island of Yamati, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways were marooned after the Endurance shipwreck. On the reverse is a poster size image of the box art that epitomizes Lara's origin story.
    • 5" x 7" heavy stock lithograph print with matte frame, designed by Crystal Dynamic's Senior Art Director, Brian Horton, painting by Brenoch Adams.
    • 3 Iron-on badges of the game's key icons (Animal Instincts, Climbing Axe, Fire Arrow)
    • Tomb Raider Original Soundtrack 'Survivalist cut'. A collection of 10 tracks totaling over 60 minutes of music from the game
    • Weapons Pack DLC
Microsoft Store:

• Tomb Raider $59.99 + FS
    • 1600 points card free with preorder from microsoftstore.com ($20 value)
      • Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase within 10 days of game being shipped.
Again, if anyone has any comments, suggestions, or anything please let me know. Hope you CAGs find this useful!

Last edited by a moderator:
My games from Amazon usually ship the morning of or the day before. Mine hasn't shipped yet. Oh well. Looking forward to playing the game.

That Target steelbook won me over, especially with its limited availability. I went to my local Target during lunch and there were about 5 left for the PS3. I'll definitely be returning the CE back to Amazon.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Wait, where do you enter the first scavenger hunt code?[/QUOTE]

SH

I'm not sure if you can still do the challenges and stuff though now that the game is out.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Has anyone gotten there kindle version of the final Edition yet??[/QUOTE]

No, I think Amazon said they will send it within two days of the release date.

[quote name='Donut2922']Nobody is even talking about whether this game is even fun or not lol[/QUOTE]

LOL great point!! :applause::lol:

I just got back from Best Buy with my copy and I'm about to play it ^_^

[quote name='Donut2922']Nobody is even talking about whether this game is even fun or not lol[/QUOTE]

When is that ever more important then a slipcover!? HA.

Just rented this game and am 3 hours in, the game is amazing so far. Hopefully its not a short game but so far its been as good as uncharted 2 and thats saying alot.

I would if I didn't have to wait for the UPS man to bring me my amazon copy. C'mon UPS man... I'm waiting... Very impatiently!

[quote name='BrandonJF']I don't think anyone has confirmed the BB UPC is different, have they? The UPC on the slipcase will be different, but has anyone looked at the UPC on the actual game case inside the slipcase? If the exclusive codes are inside the game case, I can see the UPC being different, though. If they are just hanging out inside the slipcover, though, there would be no reason for the UPC on the game case to be different.[/QUOTE]

Someone had confirmed it in this very thread (or maybe the Target thread), but I can't find the post anymore. Perhaps it was deleted? Anyway, it said they got Target to accept a return of the sealed copy from inside their CE they bought at Best Buy, and that Target employee had to manually key in the UPC, as it wasn't in their system.

However, this post below confirms that the Best Buy exclusive skin is packaged in the game, so that would likely require a unique UPC.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Even the CEs at Best Buy have the Aviatrix DLC included in the package, not emailed or on the receipt so I'm guessing the UPCs are different from the ones Amazon has.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I would if I didn't have to wait for the UPS man to bring me my amazon copy. C'mon UPS man... I'm waiting... Very impatiently![/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I hate how UPS started dropping my packages at the end of the day now. I used to wake up and my stuff will be here now I wait all day to make sure my package comes.

[quote name='Xenokai']Just rented this game and am 3 hours in, the game is amazing so far. Hopefully its not a short game but so far its been as good as uncharted 2 and thats saying alot.[/QUOTE]

Ooooooo.... Uncharted 2 is a top 5 PS3 all-timer title for me.

I know it's the deals thread but since everybody has been talking non-stop all morning about CE's vs. DLCs vs. steelbooks i found it a little funny nobody even chimed in about it's gameplay and how it stacked up against a game of similar mechanics like Uncharted hahahah. I'm pumped about this game. Can't wait tonight. Stupid work :mad:

[quote name='Donut2922']Ooooooo.... Uncharted 2 is a top 5 PS3 all-timer title for me.

I know it's the deals thread but since everybody has been talking non-stop all morning about CE's vs. DLCs vs. steelbooks i found it a little funny nobody even chimed in about it's gameplay and how it stacked up against a game of similar mechanics like Uncharted hahahah. I'm pumped about this game. Can't wait tonight. Stupid work :mad:[/QUOTE]

the gameplay is far better than uncharted series. Especially with the Rpg/ exploring in the open world aspect

[quote name='Donut2922']Ooooooo.... Uncharted 2 is a top 5 PS3 all-timer title for me.

I know it's the deals thread but since everybody has been talking non-stop all morning about CE's vs. DLCs vs. steelbooks i found it a little funny nobody even chimed in about it's gameplay and how it stacked up against a game of similar mechanics like Uncharted hahahah. I'm pumped about this game. Can't wait tonight. Stupid work :mad:[/QUOTE]

If you like uncharted your gonna love this game. The bow is fun as hell to use.

fuck

So I'm plotting how to take out my boss with my makeshift bow right now. That way I can leave home early and head on over to Best Buy to get my preorder :)

[quote name='Donut2922']fuck

So I'm plotting how to take out my boss with my makeshift bow right now. That way I can leave home early and head on over to Best Buy to get my preorder :)[/QUOTE]
Take him out God of War-style.

If anyone wants to sell their preorder bonuses, I'm more than willing to buy with Amazon Credit or Paypal. I *really* want all the skins for the game. I preordered from Amazon, so I especially want the Best Buy Aviatrix skin and, as a side note, the Steelbook from Target. I have the PS3 version. PM me if you want to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doom3killer']If anyone wants to sell their preorder bonuses, I'm more than willing to buy with Amazon Credit or Paypal. I *really* want all the skins for the game. I preordered from Amazon, so I especially want the Best Buy Aviatrix skin and, as a side note, the Steelbook from Target. I have the PS3 version. PM me if you want to sell.[/QUOTE]

The codes are available to buy on xbl so you might want to check psn for them. Look 1-2 pages back you'll see the info about the dlc being available.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Had a buddy grab me a copy. He texted me and told me that the guy in front of him bought 5 copies for each :roll:

Thankfully there were enough for him to get himself one and one for me :D[/QUOTE]

I hate people like that. I resell but i at least am considerate to other people. It's one thing to buy a few but buying out the whole store is such a dick thing to do.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Can someone that picked up the BB version please confirm? Pics would be helpful.[/QUOTE]

I did pick up the BB version and I did just confirm...

Been playing on Steam since last night. Picked up my PS3 CE earlier today. Already found a buyer on Craigslist for the game itself (wanted the CE for the stuff it comes with since there is no PC CE) :)

Anyone here have the limited edition guide? I won't be using a guide but how is it from a collector's perspective? And how about the amulet it comes with, is it just really cheap plastic or what?

[quote name='diazt350']The codes are available to buy on xbl so you might want to check psn for them. Look 1-2 pages back you'll see the info about the dlc being available.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't realize that. I checked last night, but since the game wasn't technically out yet, I guess it makes sense that the store wasn't updated. I'll probably just buy them on PSN then. I still want to buy the comic and steelcase though. :)

[quote name='sadboy']Take him out God of War-style.[/QUOTE]

I was actually planning for that next week. Only fitting with Kratos coming back :)

[quote name='Donut2922']I was actually planning for that next week. Only fitting with Kratos coming back :)[/QUOTE]

are you planning to pick up the god of war ascension collectors edition

[quote name='fishphoenix']Been playing on Steam since last night. Picked up my PS3 CE earlier today. Already found a buyer on Craigslist for the game itself (wanted the CE for the stuff it comes with since there is no PC CE) :)

Anyone here have the limited edition guide? I won't be using a guide but how is it from a collector's perspective? And how about the amulet it comes with, is it just really cheap plastic or what?[/QUOTE]

The amulet is actually made of metal - seems pretty sturdy.

[quote name='YBX87']are you planning to pick up the god of war ascension collectors edition[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah! God of War is my favorite series. This is my guilty pleasure so i've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced last summer.

I preordered the CE. BB is the best deal for it since it's the only retailer that will earn you store credit for the CE version.

This is such a bad month for me. Tomb Raider, GoW: Ascension, and GoW: Judgment. Damn... so many games. So little time....

[quote name='Donut2922']Heck yeah! God of War is my favorite series. This is my guilty pleasure so i've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced last summer.

I preordered the CE. BB is the best deal for it since it's the only retailer that will earn you store credit for the CE version.

This is such a bad month for me. Tomb Raider, GoW: Ascension, and GoW: Judgment. Damn... so many games. So little time....[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Bioshock Infinite. For me: Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.

[quote name='DWulf']The amulet is actually made of metal - seems pretty sturdy.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's enough for me, ordered one. Thanks a ton for the info. Figure there's a billion collectibles that will be more convenient in book form than having my laptop next me anyway.

Amazon Final Hours edition. It is indeed to same art book as overseas n all the rest. But its really damn nice either way...

photo71wr.jpg

photo70q.jpg

If anyone wants to sell there Amazon art book and slip cover PM me. I'd like to build a little CE with the Target steelbook but can't be bothered to resell the extra copy.

Not sure why Amazon has been being goofy with me lately, but my copy isn't expected to arrive until the 12th. Every time I ordered from Amazon, I always got my items in a very timely fashion. The last 2 things I ordered not including this shipped like 3 days late and got here way later than usual. Up until these last few items, everything I ordered always shipped the day before or the day of and got to my house in 3 days at the absolute latest. Usually 2 days.

Did they change their shipping policies or anything?

Every time I see the guide I just want to get it more, can any tell my if the info of the guide is good?

[quote name='mikemb402']did anyone get their ce from amazon? Where is the artbook located?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on mine, but someone had mentioned earlier it's under the tin cover.

[quote name='mikemb402']did anyone get their ce from amazon? Where is the artbook located?[/QUOTE]

Inside the shrink wrap, under the tin case.

if i still buy from amazon will it come with the artbook? or was it only for preorders? If it says "final hours edition" does that mean with artbook?

[quote name='diazt350']Every time I see the guide I just want to get it more, can any tell my if the info of the guide is good?

I'm still waiting on mine, but someone had mentioned earlier it's under the tin cover.[/QUOTE]

Its in the plastic, under the slipcover.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']if i still buy from amazon will it come with the artbook? or was it only for preorders? If it says "final hours edition" does that mean with artbook?[/QUOTE]

I would guess that there are a few Final Hours editions still left after pre-orders shipped.

I got mine a bit ago. It is under the slip cover on the back of the tin. I usually display my games on my shelf and amazingly the artbook fits where the games goes in the tin :D

[quote name='Krystal109']For anyone who got the CE, did yours come with 2 sheets for the Hitman DLC? I think I got 2 codes rather than the 1.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Nevermind I got 2 codes on the sheet in the game (1 is for a skin, the other is for the Shanty Town Map). My Hitman DLC sheet, which isn't in the case but in with the soundtrack and map and stuff, there is only 1 code.

They finally approved my photos in the Scavenger Hunt. Got all 5 DLCs just now with my redemption code. I'm ready to play some Tomb Raider! :D

[quote name='TPerryoo7']YES SLIPCOVER WITH THE AMAZON "final hours" VERSION!! soooooo NICE.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is with all copies, but the first 3 episodes were watchable on the game disc I got at Target.

[quote name='Krystal109']For anyone who got the CE, did yours come with 2 sheets for the Hitman DLC? I think I got 2 codes rather than the 1.[/QUOTE]

I put the codes in to check if they were the exact same thing and they are. LOL. That is the first time I got lucky.

bread's done
Back