Tonight Show Shakeup Leno Back In

[quote name='SuperPhillip']No accounting for taste, huh.[/QUOTE]

Leno was going to score big his first night regardless. The whole Leno/Conan thing has been a big news story, so lots of people were going to tune in the first night to see how Leno would address things. The real determination is how easily Leno continues to keep these numbers from here on out.

Sarah Palin's on tonight so I don't actually see it dropping. People, like her or not, will tune in. I think he'll do fine his first week back, but then the numbers will start to settle and then start seeing a trend.

Does anyone else get a little depressed when the Olympics are over? Because I do, and this year it's running at ludicrous speed because I know Jay Leno is back on the air. That's what we call a double whammy.

Oh, but umm....where's Conan now????

His ratings dropped so bad that he was given his cash and told to beat his feet!

....And fuck Palin

I watched Leno's first monologue on Hulu yesterday (half of it...)and it is serious amazingly awful. I did not try to hate him, nor did I try to love him. I tried to watch the monologue for what it was, and it sucked. Jay's nasally, bitchy sounding voice came up in a few jokes, quite a few of them fell flat on even the audience at the show, and worst of all, the sycophant of the century, Kevin, was back in full force.

I stopped watching about 6 minutes in and will never give Leno my ratings, ever.

NONE of conan's tweets are hilarious....just seems like the type of jokes that got him the ratings he received...

[quote name='strongpimphand']NONE of conan's tweets are hilarious.[/QUOTE]This...
[quote name='strongpimphand']...just seems like the type of jokes that got him the ratings he received...[/QUOTE]
...but not this.

[quote name='Strell']He's funnier than your face.[/QUOTE]
Craig Kilborn > Conan

Yep

[quote name='strongpimphand']Craig Kilborn > Conan[/QUOTE]
Oh man... I completely forgot that Kilborn existed until now. He dropped off pretty quickly after leaving the Daily Show.

Daily Show has been great this week, The Jonah Falcon and Chat Roulette piece was hilarious! They should do a segment with Jonah Falcon on Chat Roulette rofl.

Man, Leno seriously needs to gtfo. Can't believe this actually happened...

Oh and bitch slap his audience, why the hell are they giving him a standing ovation? What did he do? Piece of shit. Leno should have not been back NO MATTER WHAT, even if Conan died or quit because he hated the show... Leno just looks like a complete dumb ass tool.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, Leno seriously needs to gtfo. Can't believe this actually happened...

Oh and bitch slap his audience, why the hell are they giving him a standing ovation? What did he do? Piece of shit. Leno should have not been back NO MATTER WHAT, even if Conan died or quit because he hated the show... Leno just looks like a complete dumb ass tool.[/QUOTE]

Ever thought that his audience members may be made up of PAID people? With this shitty economy ...

NBC Execs: Hey you guys...want to earn a quick 100 bucks?
People on the street: sure what do you want us to do?
NBC execs: Just clap and laugh and make the show look real good..
People on the street: sure ok!

I have not seen one single new episode since he got back.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, Leno seriously needs to gtfo. Can't believe this actually happened...

Oh and bitch slap his audience, why the hell are they giving him a standing ovation? What did he do? Piece of shit. Leno should have not been back NO MATTER WHAT, even if Conan died or quit because he hated the show... Leno just looks like a complete dumb ass tool.[/QUOTE]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Ratings > Conan

[quote name='strongpimphand']WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Ratings > Conan[/QUOTE]

Last I heard Leno was losing to Letterman.

I just think it needs to be said:

George Lopez is the worst night time host by a couple of thousand miles.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Not sure if this has been posted, but Conan is going on tour:

http://teamcoco.com/[/QUOTE]

Even without being on TV, it probably has better ratings than Leno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leno needs to counter this with his own live show. Maybe he can call up the four or five people that would attend so they can all agree to a date beforehand.

I picked up tickets for the NY show. Also I love the name for the tour.

Strell: Last time I checked Leno does still do Stand up shows(I think in Vegas). And it seems he makes some decent money off of the shows.

Picked up tickets for the show in LA at City walk. I'm still angry I never got a chance to watch him while he was on TV. I put it off thinking I would have YEARS to watch him. Fing Leno.

I'd like to see him, but I'm not going to Bonnaroo just to see him. 90 degree heat + humidity+ people who haven't showered in days= no way.

He would burn. I actually suspect he might catch on fire. We wouldn't know it for a while though, given his hair color. And think about how scary it would be to have a behemoth 6'4'' tall man running around screaming as he burns the joint to the ground.

[quote name='Strell']Leno needs to counter this with his own live show. Maybe he can call up the four or five people that would attend so they can all agree to a date beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Leno is a workaholic, he does vegas shows all the time.

http://www.mirage.com/entertainment/headlinersInfo.aspx?id=926

Also its not uncommon to see him in comedy shows in LA or other cities when the tonight show is on break. His need to work so much I think is part of the reason he had no problem taking the 10 PM slot or the 11:30 slot back from Conan. I saw him once talking to Sinfield about how he lives off his tour money and his NBC money he puts in the bank.

I'd love to go see Conan, but there's no way I'm going into downtown Phoenix at night. I prefer not getting killed over seeing Conan live. Of course, I suppose it would be a nice last experience...

According to TMZ Conan isn't going to be making any money off of the tour. Instead he will use the money to employ former "Tonight Show" staff.

[quote name='mykevermin']You can't be foolish enough to think he's going to admit his complicity.[/QUOTE]

He shouldn't be talking to the media period...

The good news is that TBS HD is on EST time here in the West, so Conan at 8pm :D

Then again, I foresee conflicts on my DVR :whistle2:k...guess I may have to skip HD for some nights.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Just read this. I wonder if he forced Lopez to push back an hour? That would be some sweet irony.[/QUOTE]
Apparently they're pushing Lopez to midnight.

bread's done
Back