Shadowrun - $9.99
Project Gotham Racing 4 - $9.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $9.99
Pure - $9.99
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore Bundle - $9.99
Rock Revolution - $9.99

$2.99 Ship

Superman - $6.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

[quote name='Indyjones']How bad a game is Superman Returns? The only games I'd be interested in from the list are Fracture, Condemned 2 and Superman Returns. From the reviews I've read, SR seems to be pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

Superman Returns is pretty darn bad. EA nailed the flying, but the combat, story (there is no Lex Luther!), and overall feel is crappy. For $10 it's not horrible, but with all these other $10 games available Superman Returns is a tough sale. They should have made it free shipping... $7 would have been a much better price point.

If you want a good Superman game, "Superman Shadow of Apokolips" for PS2 is the best I've played. It has the art style of Superman TAS.

-Edit-
FYI, I did buy Superman Returns a few months ago because I am a huge superhero fan. I played it for awhile but the experience was so lacking that I had to put it down. I spent most of my time with it just flying around, picking up random people and keeping them hostage on top of tall buildings.

[quote name='brkptr']Bionic Commando got a lot of bad reviews but I enjoyed the hell out of that game. The key for me was to just forget about the collectibles - trying to collect those makes playing through super frustrating. Once I decided to ignore those and just play through it was super fun. By the end of the game you just feel like a total badass. Some of the boss fights and set pieces are really cool.
[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this. I played this game not expecting much out of it and actually had a lot of fun.

[quote name='Indyjones']How bad a game is Superman Returns? The only games I'd be interested in from the list are Fracture, Condemned 2 and Superman Returns. From the reviews I've read, SR seems to be pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

God awful, they really nailed the powers but the world itself wasn't exciting in the slightest and after a few hours I couldn't stand it.

Picked up Wanted. For 4 hours, seems well worth $11 (CA sales tax). Plus, I watched the movie (digital copy) on my iPhone on a recent trip.
Never ordered from NewEgg before, so I have no clue if it'll be Amazon-style ship times or DeepDiscount ship times.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Totally agree with this. I played this game not expecting much out of it and actually had a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I picked BC up from a Gamerush today for the exact same price after reading the recommendations on this thread. I'm nox expecting my mind to be blown, so I'm sure I'll have at least a little mindless fun.

[quote name='anathema728']the other thread's op is ridiculously outdated

I don't really know how to work the cag pricetracker, but couldn't someone just have it pricetrack newegg and have it display all the $20 and under games?[/QUOTE]

Untrue. Before this thread was EVEN CREATED, most of these were updated in the original thread.

[quote name='gsr']i wouldn't wish condemned 2 on anyone..the game sucked. Clunky fighting mechanics and annoyingly dark areas lead to frustration.[/QUOTE]
On the other hand, I can't recommend the game enough. Great atmosphere and solid game in the rarely attempted first-person brawler genre. Solving the crime scenes act as a great diversion and won't give you too much trouble to solve them. The only downside is multiplayer feels like an afterthought. IIRC Sega has pretty much admitted so in a post-release interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gsr']i wouldn't wish condemned 2 on anyone..the game sucked. Clunky fighting mechanics and annoyingly dark areas lead to frustration.[/QUOTE]

The game was amazing. The fighting is cream of the crop. Dark areas suck but they were hardly any compared to the first Condemned. The only time I got frustrated was trying to find people to play online with.

Someone posted the Mirror's Edge deal last week. I played the demo and it intrigued me. Bought it Friday and it arrived Tuesday. Newegg is great for shipping on time. That's where I buy my comp stuff.

Anyway, I played the first two chapters and it's pretty cool. I'm used to shooting anything that moves so it's tough to get used to. I'm going for the Test of Faith achievement. :applause:

BTW, it reminds me a little of NEO running from the agents.

Thanks OP,
Webmonk

Last edited by a moderator:

Game is a blast. Anyone on the fence on this one about this, see the other positive posts about this gem. Great fun and freaky!!!

bread's done
Back