Too Human Xbox360 49.99 Toys R' Us

[quote name='mike.m']Tempting if I can do this with the B1 G1 half off, but I didn't read a great review on it.[/QUOTE]

where's this review, I would like to read it. from I'm been observing it's either you like it or you hate it

[quote name='Codemaster']The only review I've seen is the Game Informer one which gave it a 7-something IIRC.[/quote]

Yeah, some Greek magazine gave it a 9, while GI gave it a 6.75 and 7 (7 is the Second Opinion). Either way, looks like an interesting game, though the biggest complaint I hear about are the control.s

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Wait for it to get a Haze-level price drop. They're withholding the reviews for a reason.[/QUOTE]

that's a shame. i actually find myself enjoying the demo quite a bit (even with the crappy camera)... meh, Ive got too many games to play already, i finally got around to playing mario galaxy

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Wait for it to get a Haze-level price drop. They're withholding the reviews for a reason.[/quote]

Yep, it'll go down in a hurry. It's just not 360 top-tier material, so the price drop should follow fairly quickly.

Is there a 20% off coupon somewhere for Toys R Us? Because some people seem to be referring to it. Also, is this in store also?

Don't go for it guys.

I could complain about the story, camera, combat, everything, but there's one sure sign this game won't be good:

I actually LAUGHED during one of the story sequences (and no, they didn't tell a joke).

This will drop to $20 just like Haze before it, so don't bite. On a side note, what's this 20% off coupon, and if it works with B1G1 free, i might be going to TRUS :)

[quote name='the_punisher']Don't go for it guys.

I could complain about the story, camera, combat, everything, but there's one sure sign this game won't be good:

I actually LAUGHED during one of the story sequences (and no, they didn't tell a joke).

This will drop to $20 just like Haze before it, so don't bite. On a side note, what's this 20% off coupon, and if it works with B1G1 free, i might be going to TRUS :)[/QUOTE]

so what was the story sequence that made you laugh? not for nothing but just because you say it's crap doesn't really mean anything, you need to explain why it's crap

I really enjoyed the demo and really, anyone who is interested in buying this and wants to know if its good should just go DL the demo. I think the game is misunderstood as trying to be like devil may cry or ninja gaiden. Honestly, if your looking for a game like devil may cry or ninja gaiden then you will hate this. I liked it but even with liking it I still think its a rental. It has online co op as well. And that is a plus no matter how bad the game is imo. I know id of never played haze for more than 10 minutes if i didnt have a friend suffering with me. Misery loves company.

Despite the hype and peoples low expectations of the shitty demo, I think this game is going to flop more then Ric Flair did in his most famous matches.

I honestly liked the demo. I think the game has some promise. Probably not a $60 puchase, but no game really is when you have a huge backlog. I think Silicon Knights just gets the short end of the stick. Eternal Darkness and the MGS2 remakes were solid, well-reviewed titles, but I'm pretty sure they sold relatively poorly.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Despite the hype and peoples low expectations of the shitty demo, I think this game is going to flop more then Ric Flair did in his most famous matches.[/quote]

Glad it's not just me that thought the demo sucked, big time. I'm gonna pass, probably won't even try to rent it.

Well I enjoyed the demo a fair amount... it kinda reminded me of a much slower Devil May Cry with Diablo elements. The controls seemed a little weird at first but it didn't take that long to adjust to them. The camera was kinda bad though... I still don't understand how that game has so many camera modes (none of which I could tell the difference between).

I still don't really know if I'm willing to spend $50-60 on it though... I haven't really decided yet; I'm sure I'd have fun with it, but I might just wait for the price to drop.

so for the B1G1 half off...
which coupon will be scanned first? 20% or B1G1 50% off?
Will it work like this?

Too Human $50
Beijing 2008 $50...half off $25

Total=$75 + 20% off.....new total =$60?

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']so for the B1G1 half off...
which coupon will be scanned first? 20% or B1G1 50% off?
Will it work like this?

Too Human $50
Beijing 2008 $50...half off $25

Total=$75 + 20% off.....new total =$60?[/quote]

Coupon is off total of ONE item. So it would look like....

Too Human $40
Beijing 2008 $25

The game is more like Diablo than anything thing else. It's a character customizing dungeon crawler with a few NG & DMC elements.

Is this price confirmed for in-store? I didn't see the game in this week's ad and it seems unusual that they wouldn't advertise selling the game for $10 below MSRP. This could just be a website glitch, right?

If it gets in on the TRU 360 deal later in the week, I'll pick it up with LEGO Star Wars complete saga.

I disliked the demo, too. Disappointment. Isn't this game like 10 years in the making? Hehe. Bummer. Sorry, Silicon Knights.

It's not crap or anything, but it's certainly not a must-have. (For me, it's not even a "want" at this point, and I frankly expect reviews to be on the upper-mediocre scale, probably along the lines of the 6 or 7 that Gameinformer gave it).

How dare they release this title during the drought of august. I might be forced buy it just because there is nothing else. I'm getting tired of only playing XBLA games.

When i did the 20% off they took it off the $60 game so that made the game 48 then half off the other title. This was scanned in after the second game was marked down to 50%.

[quote name='bryankot']How dare they release this title during the drought of august. I might be forced buy it just because there is nothing else.[/quote]

Maybe that was their plan? :)

[quote name='yoricksdeath']When i did the 20% off they took it off the $60 game so that made the game 48 then half off the other title. This was scanned in after the second game was marked down to 50%.[/quote]

Huh what? Is this a math word problem? Do I have to draw a diagram?

i enjoyed the demo, but id wait for teh $20-$30 price point.
or if the 20% coupon works with the b1g1 50% id bite too. :)

thanks op

I'm considering a Lost Odyssey/Too Human combo with the 20% off coupon. I just haven't spoken with anyone who has played lost odyssey so I don't have an honest opinion.

[quote name='rumblebear']This game supposedly took over 10 years to develop and had a rumored 80+million dollar budget :O[/QUOTE]

I doubt it was in development that whole time. It started on the Playstation 1 though, and I think was supposed to ship on a gazillion discs. Eternal Darkness got priority though (and shifted from the N64 to the Gamecube).

[quote name='genfuyung']I really enjoyed the demo and really, anyone who is interested in buying this and wants to know if its good should just go DL the demo. I think the game is misunderstood as trying to be like devil may cry or ninja gaiden. Honestly, if your looking for a game like devil may cry or ninja gaiden then you will hate this. I liked it but even with liking it I still think its a rental. It has online co op as well. And that is a plus no matter how bad the game is imo. I know id of never played haze for more than 10 minutes if i didnt have a friend suffering with me. Misery loves company.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='misbitski']I honestly liked the demo. I think the game has some promise. Probably not a $60 puchase, but no game really is when you have a huge backlog. I think Silicon Knights just gets the short end of the stick. Eternal Darkness and the MGS2 remakes were solid, well-reviewed titles, but I'm pretty sure they sold relatively poorly.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to this a lot. IMO one of the best reasons for me to own a 360. Eternal Darkness was a hell of a lot more than just solid. It's one of the best games ever made, and easily at the very top of the survival horror genre. MGS was a complete waste of their time and IMO inferior to the original, but it wasn't BAD. They've never actually done a bad game.

The only thing I dislike about Silicone Knights is how long they go between games! But when the games are as good as Eternal Darkness...

EDIT: Just occurred to me. If they want to remake something, how about a 360/PS3/PC version of Eternal Darkness? Soooo many people skipped that for some reason, and it looked great to begin with, but it would really benefit from even better graphics.

As you can tell there is a large amount of hate of Too Human from a very vocal small group, mostly aimed at Denis Dyack who is head of developer Silicon Knights.

Try the demo, if you like it great, if you don't great. Either way great deal for me.......thanks OP.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm considering a Lost Odyssey/Too Human combo with the 20% off coupon. I just haven't spoken with anyone who has played lost odyssey so I don't have an honest opinion.[/quote]

I've played through a majority of Lost Odyssey (end of third disc) and really enjoyed it. The story feels more adult in nature than most FF/squenix games.

As far as Too Human, I want it but i have a feeling it will be $30 dollars in 3 months.

The first time I played the demo I hated it. The second time I understood the mechanics more and loved it. I think it is all about getting a feel for the controls. This game isn't about getting the right combo of button presses its much more Diablo in style without a mouse and better melee control.

I played Lost Odyssey all the way through 980/1000, and it's a great JRPG. If that's your thing, you will enjoy LO. The pacing can be a bit slow at times, but if you're willing to sacrifice just a little slow down for real good story context then you'll like this game - it finishes well too.

I really enjoyed lost odyssey. When you play it, it has that same close feel as final fantasy 7. I enjoyed it so much i got the full 1000 when it came out

Thanks for the Lost Odyssey input guys. I trust and value the opinions of people who carefully spend their gaming dollars far more than review sites. I may take the plunge on too human anyway if I can convince my toys r us to fork over some of those 20% coupons.

I may get this with the 20% coupon for $40, and then use the B1G1 free (not sure what to get, i have most good 360 games). I'm currently playing through LO (2nd disk), and while i love it, there are some parts of the game that get me to stop playing for awhile (first boss battle with the magic dragons at the tower, haunted mansion where i am now). Other than that, i love it. I was even looking into next-gen JRPG's......and found out there are three others (Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms). Pathetic.

[quote name='the_punisher']I was even looking into next-gen JRPG's......and found out there are three others (Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms). Pathetic.[/quote]
2 are coming really soon and another is coming out in a couple months: Tales of Vesperia next week, Infinite Undiscovery in two weeks, and Last Remnant in November.

bread's done
Back