Torrent Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I usually use torrentspy.com for random downloads. Haven't used it in a while, but is it DOWN now? I got to the page and couldn't search....weird.

I pretty much only use google for torrent nowadays. It seems everytime I go to a site I've bookmarked it's been taken down or disappeared.

If you use google just search for filetype:torrent (no spaces)followed by the name of what your looking for.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Someone needs to send me an Oink invite, please. NOW. :D[/quote]might I be able to get one as well?

as for me, anime torrents from animesuki.com or a.scarywater.net, for everything else, I use ISOhunt

[quote name='LiquidNight']might I be able to get one as well?

as for me, anime torrents from animesuki.com or a.scarywater.net, for everything else, I use ISOhunt[/quote]
Pssst!:whistle2:$ baka-updates.com or tokyotosho.com

[quote name='jaykrue']
Pssst!:whistle2:$ baka-updates.com or tokyotosho.com
[/quote]
pssst :whistle2:$ learn to use IRC, much faster (I average ~250-300 kb/s DLs, I can have a brand new ep of an anime in 10 min) and none of BTs problems like too few seeders
I will concede that baka-updates is useful for finding out which groups are doing a series

[quote name='LiquidNight']
pssst :whistle2:$ learn to use IRC, much faster (I average ~250-300 kb/s DLs, I can have a brand new ep of an anime in 10 min) and none of BTs problems like too few seeders
I will concede that baka-updates is useful for finding out which groups are doing a series[/quote]

I use IRC for hard to find stuff but I don't go use it as much as I hate waiting in line for bots. Besides, there's direct download links out there on ultrawideband... if you know where they are.
;)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Isn't it probably not a good idea to discuss this so openly?[/quote]

Most likely. I don't know about the others but the sites I mentioned were non-copyright sites so I don't feel too guilty mentioning them.

I think we all should keep to ourselfs when it comes to torrents and downloading various types of media using various tools.

iTrader

Are torrent site safe to use?

The whole idea is to transfer files without using a server like me sending a file to a computer in a small network. Yes it is safe to use since bit torrent is not a P2P program.

In fact various of companies use Bittorent but in diffrent forms. Like CVS is used by Maple Story webpage to transfer there game across world with less load times.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']The whole idea is to transfer files without using a server like me sending a file to a computer in a small network. Yes it is safe to use since bit torrent is not a P2P program.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me, but are you completely fucking dense, or are you just joking?

You fatally contradict youself by stating that that "The whole idea is to transfer files without using a server like me sending a file to a computer in a small network," followed by saying that "bit torrent is not a P2P program."

I don't even know where to start here. So, you achknowledge that it transfers files directly between peers (ie, different computers), and then state your belief that it isn't a P2P (that means "Peer-to-peer," as you appearantly don't know) network? Could you please enlighten me and share your definition of what you think "P2P" means? I'd like to hear that.

And lastly, good lord, NO, Bittorrent is ABSOLUTELY NO SAFER than any other type of P2P. You can get caught with practically no effort by any agency that cares to take down a list of the IP's that are downloading a specific torrent. It's not like such information is hidden; most clients allow you to look at IP's that are connected to you, for example. The IP addresses, and thus, identities, of anyone stealing stuff via BT is all there for the taking.

BT is as risky as any other type of online piracy. You can always get caught, it's as simple as that. Nothing is foolproof. I'm not saying to be paranoid, just don't fool yourself into thinking you're invincible.

Torrent networks are definitely not safe. I have a friend who got a disconnect notice from his ISP and a note from the MPAA over downloading 3 seasons of macguyver with bit torrent...

TS is great as is mininova (can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned). Demonoid is also quite phenomenal except for recently. Still, I like torrenttyphoon.com only because it searches a ton or google. Oh, and if somebody is a member of oink on CAG, please PM me and oink me.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Isn't it probably not a good idea to discuss this so openly?[/QUOTE]

It's not a good idea nor a bad one.

Did the topic creator ask, "Hey, what's the best way to get my warez?" He asked what the best torrent sites were. There are totally legit things to download over torrents. They can be saviors for sites and their bandwidth....

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']It's not a good idea nor a bad one.

Did the topic creator ask, "Hey, what's the best way to get my warez?" He asked what the best torrent sites were. There are totally legit things to download over torrents. They can be saviors for sites and their bandwidth....[/QUOTE]On torrent sites, what percentage of material would you say is legit?

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']That's really besides the point.[/QUOTE]No it isn't. There are torrent sites out there that post only legit torrents. None of the linked ones are of that kind, though. They're of the kind that's not supposed to be posted according to site rules

You agree not use the Site in any way to: post, email, transmit or otherwise make available Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of another

I'm so close to being able to get invites to Oink. You need to upload at least 10GB of info before you get invites (4). If I ever get to that mark, I'll be PMing those who asked for one.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']TS is great as is mininova (can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned). Demonoid is also quite phenomenal except for recently. Still, I like torrenttyphoon.com only because it searches a ton or google. Oh, and if somebody is a member of oink on CAG, please PM me and oink me.[/QUOTE]

Check your PM

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']It's not a good idea nor a bad one.

Did the topic creator ask, "Hey, what's the best way to get my warez?" He asked what the best torrent sites were. There are totally legit things to download over torrents. They can be saviors for sites and their bandwidth....[/quote]

:lol:

Dude, all three of the links you posted have Superman Returns available. Most of the stuff on them is pretty non-legit.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']torrentspy.com
thepiratebay.org
isohunt.com[/quote]

I'm not going on a "holier than thou" rant. I have used torrents myself, but come on. There is no way that it is a good idea publically talk about sites like those. It should at least be done through Private Messaging.

This is one of the few legit ones I know of off the top of my head.

http://www.ocremix.org/

Fan remixed game music. No copyright laws are broken. Great music remixes.

Might I also suggest ths list of legal torrent sites.

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Legal_torrent_sites

And jmcc is 100% right IMO.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2047632&postcount=32

CoffeeEdge the way a torrent works is that I make a torrent file directing people to a file on my PC. People download the torrent and start the exe that points to my file also known as the seed. After some time if another person who is downloading the file gets enough data other people can get the the file faster.

Unlike P2P programs you do not browse a whole server of files. You need to have the torrent file which acts like a guiding light for the file.

Bittorrent is perfectly legal since it is just a way to move one file to another area quick and easy with no hassle of a server. In fact there is various companies in the world that uses Bittorent to move there files undetected.

When people see data moving on the net they just see data. Unlike other craptacular programs Bittorrent is a private share program no diffrent the me downloading a single file from this webpage or any other only without the server. If you could just hop in a torrent and see everything then the privacy of playing games and usin video phones would be no diffrent.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']CoffeeEdge the way a torrent works is that I make a torrent file directing people to a file on my PC. People download the torrent and start the exe that points to my file also known as the seed. After some time if another person who is downloading the file gets enough data other people can get the the file faster.

Unlike P2P programs you do not browse a whole server of files. You need to have the torrent file which acts like a guiding light for the file.

Bittorrent is perfectly legal since it is just a way to move one file to another area quick and easy with no hassle of a server. In fact there is various companies in the world that uses Bittorent to move there files undetected.

When people see data moving on the net they just see data. Unlike other craptacular programs Bittorrent is a private share program no diffrent the me downloading a single file from this webpage or any other only without the server. If you could just hop in a torrent and see everything then the privacy of playing games and usin video phones would be no diffrent.[/quote]

You're right on the transfer method but you're sorely mistaken on the privacy. BT is one of the worst protocols for transferring files privately as the IP addresses of the ppl who are simultaneously dling are displayed on the program. It's a simple matter for anyone interested to write a script to log all the IPs of a particular file. For example, say someone wanted to get Superman Returns and picked up the torrent @ torrentspy, he'll activate the link using his favorite BT proggie and, boom, he's connecting to all the other dlers. Now, in order for those other ppl to pick up the parts that our guy dled as well as ascertain which parts he's already got, the middleman (a BT tracker) checks to make sure his hash corresponds to the original file. I suppose you could use PeerGuardian but that still won't stop a determined person from figuring out your IP. They don't need the actual data (since it's 1's & 0's) but the fact that the tracker is connect to a file called SupermanReturns.avi is enough for them to look further into your dling habits & get a subpoena from your ISP to get their logs and see what sites you've been to as well as how frequently you transfer data from those sites.

At any rate, I covered how BT works here already.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm so close to being able to get invites to Oink. You need to upload at least 10GB of info before you get invites (4). If I ever get to that mark, I'll be PMing those who asked for one.[/quote]I got an invite from a CAG (thank you Wulfshake), but I don't ever see myself hitting the requirements for getting invites :cry:
everything is so well seeded that its a bitch to be able to upload at all

[quote name='LiquidNight']I got an invite from a CAG (thank you Wulfshake), but I don't ever see myself hitting the requirements for getting invites :cry:
everything is so well seeded that its a bitch to be able to upload at all[/quote]
Tell me about it. I know about that on umm.....certain sites.;) *cough* *cough* PM me if you want to know.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Tell me about it. I know about that on umm.....certain sites.;) *cough* *cough* PM me if you want to know.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Real subtle.

jaykrue your IP address is not a direct link to your computer. The IP address is just the limited assigned number to help get info to your computer.

Yes the IP address will give you a idea of what your postion is however there like billions of people in the area with the same number.

However using the MAC address or that number on the back of some computers you can locate a computer directly.

Yes I could see all the people that is using the same torrent I use and they could see me but the fact is that you can not see or know what is being moved. Heck I down stuff from China, Russia, and France and there is no problems.

BT is just used to move items from one area to another. There is probably Hundreds of Bt loads on the moves for corperate purpose and thousands at home.

Nobody is going to be knocking at your door for using BT people.

[quote name='musha666']Torrent site for music mostly.

Also has ebooks and software but mostly music.[/quote]

So why do people want invites? If the RIAA isn't invited do people think they won't get caught? It makes no sense.

[quote name='javeryh']So why do people want invites? If the RIAA isn't invited do people think they won't get caught? It makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

People wants invites since some Torrent pages try to make profit by preventing people from downloading so you have to log in or be invited. In most cases trackers and seeders do this in order to force people to seed, be reported, or get the boot.

While you could setup a regular torrent and anybody could hop aboard people use tracker programs to give the boot to unwanted downloaders and setup download/upload limits.

The RIAA can't do anything about anything since they would have to catch them in the act with there personal info. When torrents are transfering all over the net the flow is just like any ordinary FTP being used on any average private network. The RIAA would be telling people they are not allowed to use the internet that people pay money to transfer files back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back