Torrent Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RegalSin2020']People wants invites since some Torrent pages try to make profit by preventing people from downloading so you have to log in or be invited. In most cases trackers and seeders do this in order to force people to seed, be reported, or get the boot.

While you could setup a regular torrent and anybody could hop aboard people use tracker programs to give the boot to unwanted downloaders and setup download/upload limits.

The RIAA can't do anything about anything since they would have to catch them in the act with there personal info. When torrents are transfering all over the net the flow is just like any ordinary FTP being used on any average private network. The RIAA would be telling people they are not allowed to use the internet that people pay money to transfer files back and forth.[/QUOTE]Please stop trying to explain things you don't understand.

[quote name='jmcc']Please stop trying to explain things you don't understand.[/QUOTE]

I understand it very well. I would be downloading like crazy but I recently discovered I was wasting more money buying storage to save things I downloaded using Bittorent that is physically wortlesss.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']I understand it very well. I would be downloading like crazy but I recently discovered I was wasting more money buying storage to save things I downloaded using Bittorent that is physically wortlesss.[/QUOTE]No, you don't. Your name dropping mac addresses and FTP and having to be "caught in the act" demonstrates this. So please stop trying to explain things you don't understand.

jmcc if I did not understand any of this then I would have tons of garbage lying around place like if there was no tommorow. If you have a problem with my thoughts keep it to yourself or correct me.

I understand enough to know that I take advantage of my connection without loss while enjoying the causaul use.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']jmcc if I did not understand any of this then I would have tons of garbage lying around place like if there was no tommorow. If you have a problem with my thoughts keep it to yourself or correct me.

I understand enough to know that I take advantage of my connection without loss while enjoying the causaul use.[/QUOTE]Jaykrue already explained how you were wrong. I'm not going to reiterate his points. You seem to think that BT is private. That's patently not true. The reason the RIAA/MPAA isn't kicking down your door isn't because you're invisible to them. It's because lawyers are expensive and you're small potatoes to them. Nothing other than that keeps them from getting a list of IP addresses to people downloading something they shouldn't be, getting the owners of those IP addresses from ISPs and taking them to court. So, even if you weren't wrong about all the technical stuff your reasoning would still be incorrect.

ok, im going to say it...

do any of you know if any of the torrent copies of xp are legit, and if so how would i install it?

(Im wondering because im thinking of getting an imac and bootcamp.)

[quote name='thehuskerfan']ok, im going to say it...

do any of you know if any of the torrent copies of xp are legit, and if so how would i install it?

(Im wondering because im thinking of getting an imac and bootcamp.)[/quote]torrented copies of XP are definetely not legit. The only legit copies of XP are ones that you buy yourself or that you get with a new computer (ie if you buy on from Dell).

[quote name='LiquidNight']torrented copies of XP are definetely not legit. The only legit copies of XP are ones that you buy yourself or that you get with a new computer (ie if you buy on from Dell).[/quote]

I think he just wanted to know if they work not whether they are legitimate copies...

[quote name='javeryh']I think he just wanted to know if they work not whether they are legitimate copies...[/quote]
yes, that's what I'm wondering... sorry about the confusion.

jmcc BT is just a FTP program that it's. It main purpose is to transfer files. If you want to carry on about how great the goverment baby talk I do not want to hear it or have any part of it. BT is as private as you can get.

thehuskerfan wirte ISO file to CD or DVD and install. Or extract the CAB files and copy everything into one folder.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']yes, that's what I'm wondering... sorry about the confusion.[/QUOTE]Maybe. But it's possible that whoever uploaded the file stuck malware in. I'm not sure how that will affect a Mac, though. I'd think you'd just be able to delete the entire Windows install from OS X.

edit: what I'm saying is that I'd probably not use a torrent for an OS unless it came from the OS maker themself.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']jmcc BT is just a FTP program that it's. It main purpose is to transfer files. If you want to carry on about how great the goverment baby talk I do not want to hear it or have any part of it. BT is as private as you can get.[/QUOTE]You're not even forming sentences properly anymore, let alone thoughts or arguments.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']jmcc BT is just a FTP program that it's. It main purpose is to transfer files. If you want to carry on about how great the goverment baby talk I do not want to hear it or have any part of it. BT is as private as you can get.

thehuskerfan wirte ISO file to CD or DVD and install. Or extract the CAB files and copy everything into one folder.[/quote]An FTP is completely different from what you've been talking about. There is a centralized location where all of the data is coming from, and the only person sending data is that centralized location. With BitTorrent, everyone is sending data to everyone else (more or less, I don't want to confuse you) therefore getting rid of the centralized location once a full copy has been seeded out. And how do you connect to these people? Via their IP, and they are the only person who has that specific IP while they're using it (again, there are exceptions, but I don't want to confuse you). And guess what? ISPs have logs of who had a certain IP at what time, so it'd be easy as hell to find out exactly who downloaded what if the big corporations wanted to go after you.

Once again: You're an idiot. Stop posting.

You know what guys (jmcc & Genocidal)? It's just better not to respond at all. Let him believe what he wants. The more attention we give him, the more we actually acknowledge the validity of his viewpoint. As they say, don't feed the trolls. If he hasn't been convinced by irrefutable facts, I doubt sound logic will work as well. Let him wallow. And don't forget, we do have an ignore function.

To use the ignore function would be like hearing a train wreck, and not running to see the carnage ;)

I don't think there's any point in acknowledging him anymore though.

[quote name='jmcc']Maybe. But it's possible that whoever uploaded the file stuck malware in. I'm not sure how that will affect a Mac, though. I'd think you'd just be able to delete the entire Windows install from OS X.

edit: what I'm saying is that I'd probably not use a torrent for an OS unless it came from the OS maker themself.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. There's a lot of user-made variations of XP: lighter version, gamer version, etc.

OSX itself, though, isn't hard at all to pirate because it doesn't even implement any sort of CD key or activation (I believe) to keep thieves away. I believe Apple makes most money on the hardware.

[quote name='Genocidal']To use the ignore function would be like hearing a train wreck, and not running to see the carnage ;)

I don't think there's any point in acknowledging him anymore though.[/quote]

I don't mind missing the carnage. I have places to see and people to do.:lol:

[quote name='jmcc']Maybe. But it's possible that whoever uploaded the file stuck malware in. I'm not sure how that will affect a Mac, though. I'd think you'd just be able to delete the entire Windows install from OS X.

edit: what I'm saying is that I'd probably not use a torrent for an OS unless it came from the OS maker themself.[/QUOTE]

Usually most torrent sites will have a comment section. If someone uploades files with malware in it or if the file is not what it says it is they will let you know.

You will see about thirty posts all saying dont download filled with trojans etc.

I actually had more traces of spyware show up in scans from the default Dell install when I first got my computer then when I had used a not so legally downloaded Win XP on my previous computer.

Oh and hiccupleftovers, if you read this:
Not sure if you got my last PM, but if you still want that invite just PM me an email address and Ill hook you up.

Hahahaha, RegalSin2000, you are the biggest noob I've ever seen. You don't EVEN have the first idea what you're talking about. Jesus.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']http://www.ocremix.org/

Fan remixed game music. No copyright laws are broken. Great music remixes.[/quote]
Actually, yes, copyright laws are broken. All of that music is infringing upon the copyrighted original songs. So technically, it IS copyright infringement, but I doubt any company would actually persecute the site. Fanworks, though not for profit, do infringe upon copyright. I dunno if you remember the story of Chrono Trigger Resurrection, but basically, a bunch of people were doing a practically commercial-quality remake of certain parts of Chrono Trigger, and even though they were doing it as a free fan project, Square-Enix sent them a cease-and-decist letter, and they had to "publically" can the project (though they claim to still work on it in private, for their own amusement).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Hahahaha, RegalSin2000, you are the biggest noob I've ever seen. You don't EVEN have the first idea what you're talking about. Jesus.

Actually, yes, copyright laws are broken. All of that music is infringing upon the copyrighted original songs. So technically, it IS copyright infringement, but I doubt any company would actually persecute the site. Fanworks, though not for profit, do infringe upon copyright. I dunno if you remember the story of Chrono Trigger Resurrection, but basically, a bunch of people were doing a practically commercial-quality remake of certain parts of Chrono Trigger, and even though they were doing it as a free fan project, Square-Enix sent them a cease-and-decist letter, and they had to "publically" can the project (though they claim to still work on it in private, for their own amusement).[/quote]

I never heard of the NESkimos, MiniBosses or OneUpStudios ever having problems playing their renditions an making them available. Heck, the NESkimos even performed the Mario theme on TV before. How is it different from any other bands that do covers?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I never heard of the NESkimos, MiniBosses or OneUpStudios ever having problems playing their renditions an making them available. Heck, the NESkimos even performed the Mario theme on TV before. How is it different from any other bands that do covers?[/quote]

Actually, I think the RIAA are considering going after cover bands so who knows now?

[quote name='Moxio']They can't touch me! Ha Ha Ha![/quote]

Same here... then again, I don't get mp3s nor am I in a cover band.:bouncy:

[quote name='Moxio']BT is a last resort tool for me, actually. :([/quote]

Yeah, I'm not too music oriented so the radio suits me just fine.

[quote name='jaykrue']Actually, I think the RIAA are considering going after cover bands so who knows now?[/quote]

Man...

I wonder if they'll go after that Nintendo Piano playing dude. This is so lame.

I wonder how many years it takes befoe music makes it into the public domain?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man...

I wonder if they'll go after that Nintendo Piano playing dude. This is so lame.

I wonder how many years it takes befoe music makes it into the public domain?[/quote]
Wiki sez:

Expiration

All copyrights and patents have always had a finite term, though the terms for copyrights and patents differ. When terms expire, the work or invention is released into public domain. In most countries, patents expire 20 years after they are filed. A trademark registration may be renewed and remain in force indefinitely provided the trademark is used, but could otherwise become generic.

Copyrights are more complex than patents; generally, in current law they expire in all countries when all of the following conditions are satisfied (except Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, and Samoa):

* The work was created and first published before January 1, 1923, or at least 95 years before January 1 of the current year, whichever is later;
* The last surviving author died at least 70 years before January 1 of the current year;

* No Berne Convention signatory has passed a perpetual copyright on the work; and
* Neither the United States nor the European Union has passed a copyright term extension since these conditions were last updated. (This must be a condition because the exact numbers in the other conditions depend on the state of the law at any given moment.)

These conditions are based on the intersection of United States and European Union copyright law, which most other Berne Convention signatories recognize. Note that copyright term extension under U.S. tradition usually does not restore copyright to public domain works (hence the 1923 date), but European tradition does because the EU harmonization was based on the copyright term in Germany, which had already been extended to life plus 70.

So they last for quite a long time.

[quote name='jaykrue']Wiki sez:

So they last for quite a long time.[/quote]

Oh well, covers of Mozart, Bach, and Tchaikovsky for me I suppose. Bring it on! :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Oh well, covers of Mozart, Bach, and Tchaikovsky for me I suppose. Bring it on! :)[/quote]

Yeah, no chance of them sueing you.:lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Wiki sez:

So they last for quite a long time.[/QUOTE]

Great, so its not legal to go the the OCremix link Guile posted and dl those game remixes. i was getting so excited about those! :wall:

[quote name='evilmax17']What's the deal with demonoid and registration? Do you need to be a member to use it, or is it just for commenting and stuff?[/QUOTE]

I think you need to be a member to view/download their torrents at all.

TORRENTSITES #OF INVITES
gmail (50)
IPTorrents (2)
pussytorrent (4)
torrentleech (4)
torrent-damage (9)
bitgamer (4)
deviltorrents (100)
DigitalHive (10)
STMusic (2)
Tri-Tavern (100)
Biotorrents (5)
Underground Torrents (4)
undergroud-gamer (4)
demonoid (5)
hd-bits (4)
sceneaccess (5)
I WILL Trade for

oink
sct
megatracker
torrentbytes net
bitme
bitmetv
wild-bytes
revolutiontt
fnt
Uk-T
FTWR
Supertorrents
x264.us
VIP Music
templateshares
iplay.ro
finbytes
audionews

Can some send me an invite for oink any other good private tracker site? I got invites for supertorrent if interested.

ScrapeTorrent is good, compiles all the best sites in one. I use it in search engines on Firefox, and it's great. Hard to find stuff though, meh.

This thread is funny... it's like some of those morons that do something illegal and feel the need to post it on Youtube. :lol:

I'd love an invite to Demonoid. I'm currently a member at another torrent place, and I've got a 1.3 ratio (used to be 2 before my new router screwed everything up).

Many thanks in advance for the person who sends me an invite.

EDIT: I'd appreciate it if you could just PM me the invite, thank you.

I use national-anime.com - For $5 a month, I get a 1.9 mb/s downstream and can pretty much download 300 episodes of anime in 6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back