{TOTALLY DEAD}Super Mario Advance 4 $9 @ Overstock

suprsaiyanMAX

CAGiversary!
Did a search and couldn't find this deal so here goes...Looks like overstock.com has Super Mario Advance 4 $9 (about $11 after shipping). Sellout risk is high so don't delay too much. It's a good deal for those who missed out on the CC sale of GBA games too.
Here's the link:

Cheap ass link

Edit: looks like it's Dead for now...dunno if it will make a comeback or not

Edit2: Seems to a dead then alive, then dead again...if you're truly interested just check it on a regular basis

DAPHATTY EDIT 8/6/04 - Just checked. Not only is it OOS but the price is twice ($30.99) the list price ($14.99)

Ok, I officially hate Overstock. This is my first order from them and I've been nothing but screwed over repeatedly. First they blame the cancelling of the order on me, then I call them twice to see what's up and they give me some BS about how the was oversold and hasn't been back in stock since (which is clearly a lie if you look at this thread).

Then they say there's no way for me to get the game again unless I order once more, which is bad business, I should be placed as a back order or something for when they get more and not make me check my email every second to see if it's in stock.

Overstock.com you suck and i don't like you. There I said it.

I dont know how they can say you cancelled your own order because in their help file it says "Orders cannot be cancelled once the checkout process has been completed." I ordered mine on the 14th and I still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation yet. Its still in process so hopefully they don't cancel my order either.

Dunno...let's hope so. They charged my credit card then refunded it. Apparently they send a confirmation email shortly after they ship out the order and I never got said confirmation email before it was canned...so if you get that then I'd say you're in the clear.

They've charged my credit card even though my order still says it's "In Process."

I'm not too hip on companies that charge me before they ship. I'm going to have to cross Overstock off my list of places to shop - no matter the cheapass deal.

Yeah if anyone did get extra copies and you learned about it on this site...please be fair and put a few up for sale or trade here and not just go off to ebay with them right away.

Also, I like Jaybird am not shopping with overstock no matter the deal...Even their help line and consumer support email was slow and basically anything but helpful.

"They've charged my credit card even though my order still says it's "In Process."

I'm not too hip on companies that charge me before they ship. I'm going to have to cross Overstock off my list of places to shop - no matter the cheapass deal. "

My thoughts exactly. Mine has been in process for a while but they took my money right away. I bought a book from them before and my experience was good but this time I don't like that it is taking so long to ship.

I'm in the same boat as most of you. I ordered last Thursday. The order was accepted and my credit card was charged and I still haven't receieved a shipping confirmation and my order is still "accepted" on order status.

I'm moving in two weeks so they better ship my order soon or I'll be pissed having to drive back to our old place everyday until it finally shows up.

Captainfrizo you could try leaving a fowarding address if you still can...And yeah if they cancel all our orders there should be a royal kicking of Overstock's sorry ass.

I ordered last Wednesday and my status is "in process" - I really don't care how long it takes but they they better not cancel it...

Hum, the add to cart button is back and on the page it says it's in stock, but when you check your cart it says it's out of stock and won't appear in your order. Something must be screwy with thier system, a search for Super Mario Advance yields some weird results.

My order finally shipped today as well. That gives the order until the 31st to get here before we move about five miles away. It should get here in plenty of time.

You're quite welcome, as is everyone else who actually got it. But I still say Overstock can go to hell for cancelling my order and refusing to correct their mistake. I shall bring them death. On a related note, someone wouldn't have any hand grenades up for trade would they?

Ya, I don't think I'll ever order from them again unless an irresistable deal comes along. My CC gets charged immediately and it still hasn't shipped in a week.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Ya, I don't think I'll ever order from them again unless an irresistable deal comes along. My CC gets charged immediately and it still hasn't shipped in a week.[/quote]

I was angry about that too but it shepped after a week so all's well that ends well.

on a different site they said that despite the fact that the game is pictured in the link and the descrition is for the game it is actually for the guidebook they are selling. that is why the list price is only $15 instead of $30. mine already shipped and if it turns out to be the guidebook and not the game im going to be pissed off. i guess i will just have to wait and see.

Well, mine came today, and it was the actual game. It was shipped in an envelope though, and the box was smushd in on the sides (you can push it back sorta). Oh well, doubt you can beat $10 shipped new anywhere else, can take a little box damage.

i got mine today.... came perfect, right game, not a strat guide or anything..... i ordered 2 cuz im a greedy bastard, actucally cuz one is a gift, but if i get the right trade offer or $ offer i may part with it :) pm my ass

Mine came int today as well and also had crushed sides due to the packaging. I'm surprised that Overstock didn't put the games in a padded envelope or something like that. EB does even with free shipping. Oh well, can't really complain about that when you take the price of the game into consideration.

It's pretty cool that this game still kicks ass even after all these years after its initial release.

[quote name='TomCloud9']I got mine today smashed box and all. A brown envolope WTF.[/quote]

heh, I was coming here to bitch about this but it looks like I'm not the only one. WTF? :evil: The price was right though and I only care about boxes if I'm eventually going to trade it away but SMB3 rules so I doubt I'd ever trade it... oh yeah, it arrived yesterday and I ordered weeks ago...

...s...o... s...l...o...w...

Why does it boot up on my SP by thinking it's a Game Boy Player?

My order arrives a couple says ago. It wasn't "completely" smushed but the top of the box was creased a bit. It came sandwiched between two this cardboard sheets. It almost looked vaccume sealed.

I will mention the damaged boxes to Overstock.com and see if we can't prevent this from happening in the future.

bread's done
Back