Toys R US 2 games for $70 free store pickup (far cry 3, black ops 2, see list in op!)

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys Toys R US has 2 games for $70 or save $50 when you purchase 2 games or more.. obviously its best to break up the order into 2's if you want more than 2 games. Links Below:

Free Store Pick up or I think its $6 shipping

Includes:
- Family Guy Back to the Multiverse
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Dishonored
- Farcry 3
- Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Fifa 13
- Kinect Star Wars
- Hitman Absolution
- Forza Horizon
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- Halo 4

see link for full list (XBOX 360, PS3)

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=18294246&type=trigger

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usagi']Target has it for $49.99 also this week, it'll be much easier to price match because it's the actual price vs $10off which is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I'll just do that when I go instead then.

[quote name='parkerwilson']After 45 minutes trying to PM at Best Buy over the phone to no avail, I decided to stop in my store on my way home from work. Grabbed BLOPS 2 and Far Cry 3, and went to the customer service desk. CS rep went to the back room to ask the store manager if a price match was allowed, sure enough 2 minutes later they both returned happy to do the price match. I have not been shot down one single time on a PM at this store all year.

Was charged $34.99 for each game, for those who wondered.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my stores the same never any trouble, I bought ZombiiU on launch and when TRU had their B1G1 %40 off like a week later they let me add on NSMBU for the % off price (actually %50 off but wasn't gonna correct em!) Norwalk, Ct B&M if your curious.

Both my local TRUs are out of both the games I want, Far Cry 3 and Black Ops II. I'd PM at Best Buy, but I wouldn't be able to use the TRU Groupon.

Gonna shoot for a PM at my local best buy, I want Hitman and Most Wanted, hoping they'll hit the $50 off of the $40 ea price, that'd mean I can walk out with both games for around $30+tax.

[quote name='Blabadon']Aah, thanks for the info. I would very much recommend ODST although I can't say the same for Reach (proceed with caution).

In that case, I think I'll just borrow it off my friend for the SP and play it there. My 360 doesn't do online (banned, but I bought it cheap off CAG like that), so I play split-screen a lot.

I did hear a lot about the repetitiveness and strange foibles like many "flip X switches" sections, so that stinks. Co-op campaign was fun when I played it with a friend, so that's the direction I'll go.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I would tell everyone to play halo reach play it in co-op with grunt birthday party skull on and it will be your favorite Halo. Excellent game excellent story, awesome characters, I know I did just saw characters. Play it

At Best Buy today, I got Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 for a total of $49.98. Halo rang up as $39.99, and Black Ops 2 rang up as $9.99. BEST PRICE MATCH EVER!!

Then I got them to price match New Super Mario Bros U and Assassins Creed 3 for Wii U. The customer service girl at the counter said she'd have to check the website to see if the Wii U games we a part of the Toys R Us deal. A free she had trouble locating the original advertisement on the Toys R Us website, she just gave up and made the assumption that the Wii U games must also be a part of the deal. So I got both Wii U games for $69.98 total. What a great day I had at Best Buy today :booty:

[quote name='Candyvin']At Best Buy today, I got Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 for a total of $49.98. Halo rang up as $39.99, and Black Ops 2 rang up as $9.99. BEST PRICE MATCH EVER!![/QUOTE]
What the hell? How did you manage to do that?!

Went to my local tru today and didn't see a single game included in the sale for 360 in stock. They still claim they never got far cry 3 since its come out. So...why advertise it?!

[quote name='Desousa93']I would tell everyone to play halo reach play it in co-op with grunt birthday party skull on and it will be your favorite Halo. Excellent game excellent story, awesome characters, I know I did just saw characters. Play it[/QUOTE]

I played it, first Halo I was truly disappointed in. I actually have two copies of the game.

[quote name='Candyvin']Then I got them to price match New Super Mario Bros U and Assassins Creed 3 for Wii U. The customer service girl at the counter said she'd have to check the website to see if the Wii U games we a part of the Toys R Us deal. A free she had trouble locating the original advertisement on the Toys R Us website, she just gave up and made the assumption that the Wii U games must also be a part of the deal. So I got both Wii U games for $69.98 total. What a great day I had at Best Buy today :booty:[/QUOTE]
I don't know why you are sharing that you made up a fake deal for them to match...

[quote name='TheBigHouse']BB price matched no problem. Took $25 off of each game, so Halo 4 (on sale for $40) for $15 and Far Cry 3 for $35.[/QUOTE]

Oh lord, I gotta try this now...

[quote name='TheBigHouse']BB price matched no problem. Took $25 off of each game, so Halo 4 (on sale for $40) for $15 and Far Cry 3 for $35.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Purchased FarCry 3 and Halo 4 for $50 ($25 each).

BB in bloomingdale, IL wouldn't pm. They said because the actual price of the games isn't discounted at TRU, they can't match. Really annoying... Trying a different location tomorrow.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']BB price matched no problem. Took $25 off of each game, so Halo 4 (on sale for $40) for $15 and Far Cry 3 for $35.[/QUOTE]I tried to do this for two copies of Forza Horizon (on sale for $39.99), but the manager said they couldn't PM since the game was already on sale. And this was the manager who I consider coolest of all the managers I see at my BBY.

He was able to PM the $50 off for two full-priced copies of BO2, though.

[quote name='FromChaos']BB in bloomingdale, IL wouldn't pm. They said because the actual price of the games isn't discounted at TRU, they can't match. Really annoying... Trying a different location tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']I tried to do this for two copies of Forza Horizon (on sale for $39.99), but the manager said they couldn't PM since the game was already on sale. And this was the manager who I consider coolest of all the managers I see at my BBY.

He was able to PM the $50 off for two full-priced copies of BO2, though.[/QUOTE]

It does suck when you get employees who do their job correctly and follow actual policy.

[quote name='g13']Pretty much same thing happened to me. Purchased FarCry 3 and Halo 4 for $50 ($25 each).[/QUOTE]

Buy both for $50. Trade in Halo for $36. ($38.40 for GCU)
Far Cry 3 for $14/$11.60 FTW!

Will they ask you to go out, rip open the package, and come back in to trade it in? I would imagine they like to take it in complete package to sell it as new. Does it work like that?

[quote name='GBAstar']It does suck when you get employees who do their job correctly and follow actual policy.[/QUOTE]I was thankful enough that he PMed the deal at all; I'm also glad he explained why he couldn't PM the deal for on-sale games succinctly and calmly, so he's still cool in my eyes. :)

[quote name='Zolor23']Buy both for $50. Trade in Halo for $36. ($38.40 for GCU)

Will they ask you to go out, rip open the package, and come back in to trade it in? I would imagine they like to take it in complete package to sell it as new. Does it work like that?[/QUOTE]Words cannot describe how suspicious it would be to immediately walk over with a still-sealed game to trade it in. I'd wait a day or two, and do not keep it shrink-wrapped when trading it in.

Also, BBY isn't Gamestop--they don't sell traded-in games as new, always used.

[quote name='Vigilante']I was thankful enough that he PMed the deal at all; I'm also glad he explained why he couldn't PM the deal for on-sale games succinctly and calmly, so he's still cool in my eyes. :)

Words cannot describe how suspicious it would be to immediately walk over with a still-sealed game to trade it in. I'd wait a day or two, and do not keep it shrink-wrapped when trading it in.

Also, BBY isn't Gamestop--they don't sell traded-in games as new, always used.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it doesn't matter for me. I already have a copy, that I can trade in, and use that credit to buy another copy+Far Cry 3. Keep the new copy, and it'll be the same :)

But, what would an employee say if he rung me up, then I immediately said I want to trade this game in?

[quote name='Zolor23']Actually, it doesn't matter for me. I already have a copy, that I can trade in, and use that credit to buy another copy+Far Cry 3. Keep the new copy, and it'll be the same :)

But, what would an employee say if he rung me up, then I immediately said I want to trade this game in?[/QUOTE]If you're buying at the registers near the front of the store, then there's no point in saying that since they can't do trade-ins there.

If you're at Customer Service or in the Gaming department, I imagine the employee might not process the trade-in because of how suspicious that sounds. Honestly, though, why would you want to risk being banned by saying something so blunt anyway? Either come back another time or find a different employee to do the trade-in.

[quote name='showtimefolks']is this a different deal?[/QUOTE]No, it's the same one; someone was able to get the $50 savings by having it deducted from each game (so $25 off each), and he was even able to get the savings on Halo 4, which is on sale for $39.99 this week (so $14.99 after "discount").

[quote name='Vigilante']If you're buying at the registers near the front of the store, then there's no point in saying that since they can't do trade-ins there.

If you're at Customer Service or in the Gaming department, I imagine the employee might not process the trade-in because of how suspicious that sounds. Honestly, though, why would you want to risk being banned by saying something so blunt anyway? Either come back another time or find a different employee to do the trade-in.

No, it's the same one; someone was able to get the $50 savings by having it deducted from each game (so $25 off each), and he was even able to get the savings on Halo 4, which is on sale for $39.99 this week (so $14.99 after "discount").[/QUOTE]

I'm just messing around with ideas. I doubt they have the power to ban, though. I def won't actually ask like that. I might just give the copy as a Christmas gift to someone else.

[quote name='Zolor23']I'm just messing around with ideas. I doubt they have the power to ban, though. I def won't actually ask like that. I might just give the copy as a Christmas gift to someone else.[/QUOTE]You'd be surprised what results in a ban from trading--it isn't done at the store level, but at the corporate, and if you look like a seller (e.g., trading in games at BBY as soon as you buy them there, trading in multiple copies of a game at once), they will ban you.

I might sound like I'm blowing this out of proportion, and I'm not saying that you're the type to get banned, but it's definitely an issue.

It is because a person "flipping" games is essentially profiting. Like resale. It means one is supposed to have a resale certificate and yes, many more retailers are tracking such. Walmart tracks purchases of multiple items. Buy 5 copies of this on whatall, black friday and 5 of those and 6 of these. On the regional server the purchase is recorded different from most. Use cash if doing that, never credit, nor debit.

Online retailers also do it. Amazon for example when people buy numerous steam codes. Usually the people doing that are reselling them at say eBay. It creates a trail. Retailers online and off are being maneuvered into all this because that income/profiting is going under the radar or shall I say was. The goal is to not have it go under the radar so a "paper trail" exists per se.

Most e(retailers) are doing it willingly .vs. it end up being legislated which would not be in their corporate best interests as if legislated then legislation can result in it being amended etc. impacting how, whats and whys ultimately restricting what as corporations they can and cannot do.

If I buy say the deal that GS was running, Dirt Showdown for $9.99 and get 5 of em. I then bring them to say BB's and flip em' for whatall. Say $25. I have in fact turned $50 into $125. I have profited. That profit is subject as such just like if I were reselling them. Essentially no difference in terms of State/Fed requirements.

[quote name='GBAstar']It does suck when you get employees who do their job correctly and follow actual policy.[/QUOTE]
Indeed it does... I'll try the $40 Halo tomorrow to see if I can get 2 for $15 each.

[quote name='GBAstar']It does suck when you get employees who do their job correctly and follow actual policy.[/QUOTE]

How would you feel if you had employees who had no idea what they were doing and followed the rules? No price matching! I could drive 40min up to Malboro and price match in 10sec. The other store takes 20 min and the manager triple checks he ad. Hell he even misreads it.

I was able to PM The Professional ED. of Hitman absolution plus FarCry3 at BB. The Professional Ed was 59.99 also FC3. Got each for 34.99. Im glad they gave me no hassle on The Hitman since the vanilla was 39.99

[quote name='Zolor23']Buy both for $50. Trade in Halo for $36. ($38.40 for GCU)

Will they ask you to go out, rip open the package, and come back in to trade it in? I would imagine they like to take it in complete package to sell it as new. Does it work like that?[/QUOTE]

Ive bought games to trade b4 and The employee has opened them right after Ive purchased them for the trade in so Don't be scared BB Keeps their promise

[quote name='Gscept']I was able to PM The Professional ED. of Hitman absolution plus FarCry3 at BB. The Professional Ed was 59.99 also FC3. Got each for 34.99. Im glad they gave me no hassle on The Hitman since the vanilla was 39.99[/QUOTE]

Did the same. Took two stores to do it.

Just got back from BB. PMs were a success!...kinda. I got 2 BO2 for $7.50 each(took $25 off each game and I had $55 RZ certificates) Then I got another BO2 ($35) and Halo 4 ($15). Since they took $25 off Halo (a $40 game) I went back an hour later to try to get 2 MoH for $15 each and Farcry and Hitman for $25 each. Unfortunately their was a different manager there and he wouldn't take the $25 off the $40 games. :cry: Oh well. I'm pretty happy with what I got.

[quote name='Candyvin']Then I got them to price match New Super Mario Bros U and Assassins Creed 3 for Wii U. The customer service girl at the counter said she'd have to check the website to see if the Wii U games we a part of the Toys R Us deal. A free she had trouble locating the original advertisement on the Toys R Us website, she just gave up and made the assumption that the Wii U games must also be a part of the deal. So I got both Wii U games for $69.98 total. What a great day I had at Best Buy today :booty:[/QUOTE]

And you are abusing the piss out of the deal good sir.

And yes to the other poster I got Halo 4x2 for 30.
And Halo 4 and Most Wanted, not knowing that it was also on sale, for 30 as Cmas gifts

Does Best Buy price match over the phone? I lost my wallet and last time I bought a rated m game at best buy they asked for by ID. those aholes also scanned it just to make a purchase. I wasnt returning anything. Since I dont have my id or for that matter my credit card I need to use paypal. Dont want to bug my dad since he doesnt approve of wasting money on games. blah blah blah. So can I get this deal by calling best buy?

Do you have to show a printed ad of Toys R US to price match at best buy? Or can you show it to them on your smart phone?

[quote name='TommyLove']Do you have to show a printed ad of Toys R US to price match at best buy? Or can you show it to them on your smart phone?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the employee working Customer Service.

Today, I went up to CS and asked if they can PM TRU's "Save $50 when you buy 2 games" deal. She didn't believe me at first and went to a different computer and looked it up herself. She came back with printed pages of the titles that were part of the deal.

I got Dishonored and Far Cry 3 for the $50 off deal and got Borderlands 2 for their DOTD for $37.99. Total was $116.xx for all 3 games. :bouncy:

[quote name='Outrun9']does the Black ops for ps3s at Toys R Us still include the Nuketown 2025 code?[/QUOTE]

If you're going in-store, you can check by looking at the back of the case. It will say if it has the code.

[quote name='lakers2008']Does Best Buy price match over the phone? I lost my wallet and last time I bought a rated m game at best buy they asked for by ID. those aholes also scanned it just to make a purchase. I wasnt returning anything. Since I dont have my id or for that matter my credit card I need to use paypal. Dont want to bug my dad since he doesnt approve of wasting money on games. blah blah blah. So can I get this deal by calling best buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can price match over the phone.

I tried price matching over best buy twice today, no luck.. they couldn't even price match this at all and they say it's a "bundle deal." Any luck for the Seattle peeps or any advice?

[quote name='Zolor23']If you're going in-store, you can check by looking at the back of the case. It will say if it has the code.

Yes, they can price match over the phone.[/QUOTE]

cool but games I want or OOS. lol. just my luck. guess I will just wait till they go on sale. Far Cry 3 and BLOPS 2.

bread's done
Back