Toys R US 2 games for $70 free store pickup (far cry 3, black ops 2, see list in op!)

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys Toys R US has 2 games for $70 or save $50 when you purchase 2 games or more.. obviously its best to break up the order into 2's if you want more than 2 games. Links Below:

Free Store Pick up or I think its $6 shipping

Includes:
- Family Guy Back to the Multiverse
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Dishonored
- Farcry 3
- Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Fifa 13
- Kinect Star Wars
- Hitman Absolution
- Forza Horizon
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- Halo 4

see link for full list (XBOX 360, PS3)

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=18294246&type=trigger

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lakers2008']cool but games I want or OOS. lol. just my luck. guess I will just wait till they go on sale. Far Cry 3 and BLOPS 2.[/QUOTE]

Far Cry and BLOPS2 OOS? At BB? What do you mean?

On another off-topic note, if you search Far Cry 3, it still lists the $20 Reward Cert promo under add to cart. It won't work, but interesting...

[quote name='Zolor23']Far Cry and BLOPS2 OOS? At BB? What do you mean?

On another off-topic note, if you search Far Cry 3, it still lists the $20 Reward Cert promo under add to cart. It won't work, but interesting...[/QUOTE]

I think he means at TRU. BB can call to see if the item is in stock.
Done a lot when you try to PM it online.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']I think he means at TRU. BB can call to see if the item is in stock.
Done a lot when you try to PM it online.[/QUOTE]

For real? Now that I think about it, I've never PM'd a B&M game, only from Amazon, so I've never had that experience.

Well I finally found Far Cry 3 after about 4 trips to TRU. My wife went for me and was able to grab both games I wanted. It seemed like she got the last copy of FC3 and Blops2. But thats a good sign that my stores are getting new shipments. This was at The Forum location in San Antonio, TX

Went in to BB to try and get Dragon's Dogma for $10. After the (rookie) games rep fumbled around for 15 mins, he grabbed the manager for help and he said no double dipping. I then asked about a TRU PM, he wanted to get rid of me so he just looked at my phone and said ok :lol: (neither were available in store or online).

Grabbed Far Cry 3 and CoD BO2 for $70. Plan on beating the CoD campaign, play some zombies, then trade it in for $40 :D.

I was able to price match this to best buy with call of duty harden and medal of honor. I figure for the holidays make they didnt check the toysrus website

Actually had a great experience PM this at bestbuy (never thought I'd say that) I traded in a game in the game section then asked the cashier if I could do a PM. I told him what the deal was and he quickly used his headset to ask a manager if they were PM it. He got a "yes", took me to another register, and rung me up! I got far cry 3 and hitman:absolution. He even rung hitman up at the BB price of $39.99! So I got both games for $50. Not bad at all

Heads up, looks like Far Cry 3 for the Ps3 is available online. Was able to purchase that and Fifa 13 for the Ps3. Crossing my fingers that I would get the order sometime next week.

[quote name='showtimefolks']maybe being on CAG has made me extremely cheap but i don't buy games at launch no more lol. and while this is a good deal i think i can do better by waiting a little longer lol

oh before this site how paying full price felt like good value[/QUOTE]You're doing it all wrong...Using the BB $20 promos u shouldn't be paying for games at all so there's no better value than FREE games on day 1 right?
1-$60 game + $20 credit 30/60 pm window = $40 game $20 credit day 1
2-The game has $40-$43 trade in value early on
3-Choose a game u don't want w/i the promo use the $20 credit & $40-$43 GC to buy a game with $20 credit rinse/repeat. Add a 2nd GCU for & use that as a buffer for games that aren't on the $20 credit list & u won't pay OOP for games at all.

[quote name='honzoh']Um...buying games at launch has never been cheaper. Thanks to BB's preorder $20 GC, I haven't paid a dime for games this season. I've been very focused on trades and PMing, so on most of my games I've come out miles ahead. I'd actually say if you were cheaper, you'd realize that buying games at launch has never been better, thanks to BB.[/QUOTE]So so true I've been trying to tell people how to work the promos the same way but there's still those who think that not paying tax offsets the $60+ in credit LOL.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah buying games at launch at bestbuy is really the way to go. just this week i am pricematching far cry 3 and moh warfighter - so after $20 back, i got them for $35/$25 respectively after tax, which is even better than the $25 black friday deal on warfighter, plus i get to play them on release day when everyone is talking about them/etc. Bestbuy has been killing it lately. and if you are into flipping back at bestbuy after you plat, its all free rentals. i wanted that 44tiv but i missed it the other day, so i might just got for 40tiv for far cry 3 if i plat it soon enough. altho it is a great game, i might hold on to or buy back when 20 or so.[/QUOTE]Ur a vet like me I've actually been kinda "bored" with the holiday deals since most of the top games I've scored cheaper than BF price months ago. DOTD's, @gamer coupons, RZ gamer coupons, TRU 2 for $60 pm, TRU b1g1 50% off, BB clearances...I can't remember the last game I paid more than $35 in like 6-8 months.

Picked up the last two copies of FC3 on the 360 for Christmas gifts at my local TRU. Kinda surprised they were still there this late in the week.

I just got back and picked up FC3 and Blops2. No problem at all but I know sorta the guy who handles the local BB games area. He used to work at Gamestop (store mgr).

So good news is yes, BB will honor it. Now the bad news.

He told me that the "game wars" between Gamestop and BestBuy are coming to an end. The restructuring of BestBuy happening next year (if you recall, the company was looking at folding up) is going to have Gamestop running their gaming areas in the stores with the only difference being BB rewards and he said that the Appliances are also going sub-contract.

He does not know the details (aka: How much revenue share is going to happen between the two corporations) but said its basically a "done deal". That BestBuy has lost the war as their video games portion of the business was one of the areas of BB that runs in severe red.

From what he said it didnt surprise him (though he's pissed, he left GS as he couldnt stand working for them) as BestBuy never properly trained staff or their management of video games to ensure its profitability.

On the other side of it he said it is a good move for BestBuy because it will ensure that the company makes money from video games .vs. bleeding it.

He cited my purchase and others. He said at his store they have sold at least 15 cases of FC3 and 20-25 BlackOps 2 against the Toys R Us promo. Said dealer cost is $52 basically per title. So, they sell what costs $104 for $70 loosing $34 per sale. Toys R Us just as BB writes that off taxable revenues as promotional. Problem being company must run in the green to do so, BB has not. So, its loss. Where a company like Walmart could do this favorably.

He told me expect GS / BB since the war will be ending to spike the prices back up the 10-20% on pre-owns that. Lovely.

He didnt fault me in taking advantage of the deals but rather said the company (BB) has no idea how to run a games store and now that the company is undergoing management shifts, changes and ultimately a reorganization it looks as though Gamestop will be taking over BB gaming.

They don't have any copies of Far Cry 3 or Halo 4 at TRU, and my friends said BB didn't price match, Lame! should I try to pickup at store and price match at BB.com?

[quote name='Meowser']I just got back and picked up FC3 and Blops2. No problem at all but I know sorta the guy who handles the local BB games area. He used to work at Gamestop (store mgr).

So good news is yes, BB will honor it. Now the bad news.

He told me that the "game wars" between Gamestop and BestBuy are coming to an end. The restructuring of BestBuy happening next year (if you recall, the company was looking at folding up) is going to have Gamestop running their gaming areas in the stores with the only difference being BB rewards and he said that the Appliances are also going sub-contract.

He does not know the details (aka: How much revenue share is going to happen between the two corporations) but said its basically a "done deal". That BestBuy has lost the war as their video games portion of the business was one of the areas of BB that runs in severe red.

From what he said it didnt surprise him (though he's pissed, he left GS as he couldnt stand working for them) as BestBuy never properly trained staff or their management of video games to ensure its profitability.

On the other side of it he said it is a good move for BestBuy because it will ensure that the company makes money from video games .vs. bleeding it.

He cited my purchase and others. He said at his store they have sold at least 15 cases of FC3 and 20-25 BlackOps 2 against the Toys R Us promo. Said dealer cost is $52 basically per title. So, they sell what costs $104 for $70 loosing $34 per sale. Toys R Us just as BB writes that off taxable revenues as promotional. Problem being company must run in the green to do so, BB has not. So, its loss. Where a company like Walmart could do this favorably.

He told me expect GS / BB since the war will be ending to spike the prices back up the 10-20% on pre-owns that. Lovely.

He didnt fault me in taking advantage of the deals but rather said the company (BB) has no idea how to run a games store and now that the company is undergoing management shifts, changes and ultimately a reorganization it looks as though Gamestop will be taking over BB gaming.[/QUOTE]
It's all over if that happens. Screw 2012, the world will end on the day this plan is implemented. For gamers anyway.

[quote name='Fukurou']It's all over if that happens. Screw 2012, the world will end on the day this plan is implemented. For gamers anyway.[/QUOTE]

For us console gamers, we'll still have Newegg.

I honestly think (hope) this is a troll though since it would mean the end of 60 day price matches, RZ club offers, @Gamer coupons, $20 RZ certificate pre-order promo deals, and higher trade in values, to name things off the top of my head.

Can Enuf or anyone who works at Best Buy validate what this CAG newcomer is saying?

[quote name='Bosamba']For us console gamers, we'll still have Newegg.

I honestly think (hope) this is a troll though since it would mean the end of 60 day price matches, RZ club offers, @Gamer coupons, $20 RZ certificate pre-order promo deals, and higher trade in values, to name things off the top of my head.

Can Enuf or anyone who works at Best Buy validate what this CAG newcomer is saying?[/QUOTE]

He told me the appliance area is going subcontract too. Said their regional mgr was in few weeks back and informed the sr. store mgr lots of changes are coming to BB including how clearance items are handled.

He said this past year (2012) has saw the layoff's and closing of alot of stores, managerial changes etc. Now they are in 2013 going at the departmental management stuff and going to re-organize how depts that loose money are operating including farming out said divisions.

Though, probably unlikely it will save them. My guess is they will go the way of Circuit City.

They cant compete against the likes of Walmart or Target in things such as TV's and such. Pretty much the only things that survive Walmart are regional or very focues (aka: Niche) goods.

I had a bit of time so did some searching. BB has alot of problems, glad I dont own stock shares :)

But just as recently as yesterday:

By Joan E. Solsman and Ann Zimmerman Best Buy Co.'s (BBY) head of digital Stephen Gillett is leaving the retailer to become chief operating officer at security and storage software company Symantec Corp. (SYMC), the latest executive to depart the struggling electronics chain. Best Buy executives were surprised to learn that Mr. Gillette was leaving. "But once we all saw the opportunity Stephen had in front of him, it made perfect sense," said Best Buy spokesman Matt Furman. "It was too good to pass up." Gillett, once chief information officer at Starbucks Corp. (SBUX), joined Best Buy in March for a newly created post leading its digital operations. Since then, former Chief Executive Brian Dunn resigned and the company hired Hubert Joly to head a restructuring. Mr. Gillette will not be replaced. His responsibilities will be divided between Sharon McCollam, the newly appointed chief financial officer, and Scott Durchslag, who was named the company's e-commerce president in October. Neither has worked at Best Buy for longer than a full quarter, having been key appointments secured by Mr. Joly, who himself started only in September. Executive turnover has been rife at Best Buy. In October, Mr. Joly shook up the company's upper ranks, eliminating several key positions, including that of U.S. business president Michael Vitelli, and elevating Shawn Score as the retailing side's counterpart to Mr. Gillett's online domain. Two weeks before that, Best Buy said Jim Muehlbauer, then chief financial officer, was leaving the company after more than a decade. Earlier in the year, the company's marketing and technology chiefs also departed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the liberty of writing the lady at Dow Jones who wrote this to see if shes heard anything about the VG and/or Appliances stuff.

Personally I think alot of places are going to be smacked by Amazon.com

My brother works in management for the giant. But they, Microsoft and a scant handfull of other entities are on the page of the future delivering digital content without need of retailers.

Amazon has most clearly shown that a majority of consumers are accepting of content digitally transferred .vs. physical goods.

Its both Amazon and Walmart (pretty much) that have put BB on the ropes. There are alot of articles on the net about it.

Simple equation: If I can get it cheaper I will. For average consumer electronics Walmart is cheaper than BB.

For Games, Videos etc. if avg. person can get whatall, FarCry 3 for $20 off having it downloaded direct to their PS/3 .vs. paying full pop at the store they will save the $20.

lol who is this meowser and where did he come from?! I doubt anyone believes any of it anyway sure best buy isn't doing sooo well.. but I doubt that gamestop is going to take over their gaming section and that we aren't going to see anymore deals..

Who said anything about gaming deals?

I dont know a thing about what deals they may or many not do.

What I said is I was told as part of the 2013 restructuring the VG and Appliance divisions of BB are apparently going to be subcontracted. Thats not uncommon at all.

Gamestop runs many deals after all. In fact, if nothing else it would allow gamestop much more exposure and thus presumably more GS deals?

Then again... GS has cozied up with Amazon too, so who knows? These two parted years back in a bad way as did Toys R Us and Amazon.

I just got it PMd with Halo 4 and Far Cry 3. Total was $50+tax, but I will trade in my Halo 4 for $36 on Sat and get FC3 for $14!

[quote name='computingwarren']This guys a good troll.

"Gamestop having many deals lately", looooool good one pal. Deals on MSRP that is[/QUOTE]

Well, GS was getting my business the past 2 weeks. First to drop Hitman to $40. Great TIVs for some BF games. Max Payne 3 Special Edition for $20. uDraw for $10.

That Trojan GameStop story sounds like the most inane thing. Who would ever believe that. It also flies in the face of everything BBY has done in the past year and the return of the 20 rz promo.

[quote name='Zolor23']Well, GS was getting my business the past 2 weeks. First to drop Hitman to $40. Great TIVs for some BF games. Max Payne 3 Special Edition for $20. uDraw for $10.[/QUOTE]

I got Max Payne there too. Also picked up the Witcher 2 and Dirt Showdown few weeks back for $10 each new.

Apparently some think "Good deals" are the ability to take advantage of a business without regard to the business .vs. deals meant for consumers.

Apparently some are more interested in what they can buy, then trade/flip than a simple good deal. Makes good deals look more like "I need drugs" or perhaps a drug. Thats when the term "get a job" comes to mind :)

[quote name='Meowser']I got Max Payne there too. Also picked up the Witcher 2 and Dirt Showdown few weeks back for $10 each new.

Apparently some think "Good deals" are the ability to take advantage of a business without regard to the business .vs. deals meant for consumers.

Apparently some are more interested in what they can buy, then trade/flip than a simple good deal. Makes good deals look more like "I need drugs" or perhaps a drug. Thats when the term "get a job" comes to mind :)[/QUOTE]

You're officially the worst troll. Assuming just because we say Gamestop has bad deals that we are flippers. Just shut the fuck up already.

[quote name='Meowser']For Games, Videos etc. if avg. person can get whatall, FarCry 3 for $20 off having it downloaded direct to their PS/3 .vs. paying full pop at the store they will save the $20.[/QUOTE]

If this is a troll, it's one of the most applaudable and convincing ones I've come across. I will say though, that "saving $20" purchasing games digitally vs physical copies at retail only applies to PCs or old titles (i.e. $10 Darksiders, Bully, Metro 2033, etc.)

[quote name='srac84']lol who is this meowser and where did he come from?! I doubt anyone believes any of it anyway sure best buy isn't doing sooo well.. but I doubt that gamestop is going to take over their gaming section and that we aren't going to see anymore deals..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panda911']That Trojan GameStop story sounds like the most inane thing. Who would ever believe that. It also flies in the face of everything BBY has done in the past year and the return of the 20 rz promo.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking maybe this guys doesn't want to hurt his job or reputation so he created a new account specifically to break this insider information to us. As much as I don't want to believe it, we all know of Best Buy's financial difficulties and stranger things have happened. Look at Kmart and Sears merging, Direct TV taking over Blockbuster Video, & Coors and Miller joining forces to combat Budweiser.

On Topic: I was able to price match at Best Buy tonight, getting :ps3: Hitman Absolution and :360: Far Cry 3.

[quote name='panda911']That Trojan GameStop story sounds like the most inane thing. Who would ever believe that.[/QUOTE]

And who would believe that American cars would have foreign parts?

Who would believe that most retailers dont physically own 95% of whats in their stores?

Who would believe that Monroe Muffler Brake actually buys many parts from Pep Boys and then marks them up?

Who would ever believe Macy's Sub contracted AJ Wright (now defunct) to handle Macys closeout both in AJ Wright stores and inside Macys stores?

Clearly you dont have a concept in how businesses especially corporations work. How did Knidles end up in Gamestop? They just buying em' online from Amazon?

Gamestop could readily run BestBuy's gaming dept. without a big old gamestop sign hanging over it no different per se than a Automobile repair chain selling Goodyear tires.

Corporations are infested in many (MANY) places where you would least suspect more or less those you would. Consumers think "Brand Names", corporations involved in end consumer sales think money.

Its more common than most perceive as unless its visible to them they dont think about it. LOTS of upscale textiles manufacturers have their own online, retail some even outlet stores. Several also under same corporate structures have lower end lines, separated by brand, but not corporation and handle things like handbags, suits, etc. within retailers. Sure, they dont BLAZE their name inside Neiman Marcus, that would be defeating the entire game.

Retailers creating mutually "in store" relationships between one another has been happening long long long before the Internet existed.

Remember Media Play stores? Almost everything in the place was managed by other retailers but the consumer was none the wiser (also part of the reason they bellied up).

Actually, the stores that are hated the most are the most consistent, thats walmart. They have the market clout to run their own show as well as Sams Club.

Consumers often dont understand how these places operate or even the much more simple.

Whats even somewhat more entertaining are "flippers" who think they do well. I know a lady who "flips" high end women clothing. She buys during factory direct sales, like the Coach handbags sale at eBay recently, she bought I guess 10 bags at it about $100 ea. and flips em' for $300+ each.

Takes all kinds I guess.

[quote name='computingwarren']You're officially the worst troll. Assuming just because we say Gamestop has bad deals that we are flippers. Just shut the fuck up already.[/QUOTE]

I did not intend to imply everyones flippers. Many are, many are not, that really doesnt matter.

But when your read the threads you certainly see many of them. I will buy this here, bring it there, get this, then trade that and lo and behold, I made $100!

Do I get a prize for being the worst troll?

I hope so.

Do I work for BB? Ummm... never.

Have I ever? Uh uh.

However, I have worked for EA, Sierra, Atari many moons back. I worked in management at Media Play and before they sold out to the evil Gamestop I was in management with regional Electronics Boutique.

Generally speaking, most here are involved in playing games. I love gaming as well. But, I also am fascinated and thus read things like Dow Jones news etc because thats the "bigger game".

Some might remember "EB". It was a really really good company.

It also serves as a good example as for months after the merger was finalized EB's remained open but they were in fact Gamestop complete with Gamestop pricing & unfortunately policies.

My tru didn't have the games but Bestbuy pmed it. Rang up blops for 30 and far cry for 40. I think I'm going to try and return far cry. Not really interested in it but I needed 2 games for this deal. Thanks.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']My tru didn't have the games but Bestbuy pmed it. Rang up blops for 30 and far cry for 40. I think I'm going to try and return far cry. Not really interested in it but I needed 2 games for this deal. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Why was it $30 and $40?

[quote name='Zolor23']Why was it $30 and $40?[/QUOTE]

dunno. The total needed to be 70 so he just randomly took off certain dollars for the games.

[quote name='Meowser']I got Max Payne there too. Also picked up the Witcher 2 and Dirt Showdown few weeks back for $10 each new.

Apparently some are more interested in what they can buy, then trade/flip than a simple good deal. Makes good deals look more like "I need drugs" or perhaps a drug. Thats when the term "get a job" comes to mind :)[/QUOTE]

You're getting some bad information. I can promise you that Best Buy isn't paying $52 for Black Ops from its supplier.

Was able to PM the TRU deal on top of the Buy 2 Get $40 GC offer BB was running last week for my pre-order copy of Far Cry 3/Hitman Absolution combo. Didn't think it would work because of the GC package deal notation on the receipt but they PM'ed no problem. I actually do feel guilty that they've given me $110 in GC/RZ Certs on a $120 transaction though...

Second time going to TRU and still no Farcry 3. I'll try another time tomorrow or saturday but if that doesn't work I'll have to pm at Best Buy or Walmart. I suppose I need the TRU ad in order to pm no?

[quote name='Meowser']And who would believe that American cars would have foreign parts?

Who would believe that most retailers dont physically own 95% of whats in their stores?

Who would believe that Monroe Muffler Brake actually buys many parts from Pep Boys and then marks them up?

Who would ever believe Macy's Sub contracted AJ Wright (now defunct) to handle Macys closeout both in AJ Wright stores and inside Macys stores?

Clearly you dont have a concept in how businesses especially corporations work. How did Knidles end up in Gamestop? They just buying em' online from Amazon?

Gamestop could readily run BestBuy's gaming dept. without a big old gamestop sign hanging over it no different per se than a Automobile repair chain selling Goodyear tires.

Corporations are infested in many (MANY) places where you would least suspect more or less those you would. Consumers think "Brand Names", corporations involved in end consumer sales think money.

Its more common than most perceive as unless its visible to them they dont think about it. LOTS of upscale textiles manufacturers have their own online, retail some even outlet stores. Several also under same corporate structures have lower end lines, separated by brand, but not corporation and handle things like handbags, suits, etc. within retailers. Sure, they dont BLAZE their name inside Neiman Marcus, that would be defeating the entire game.

Retailers creating mutually "in store" relationships between one another has been happening long long long before the Internet existed.

Remember Media Play stores? Almost everything in the place was managed by other retailers but the consumer was none the wiser (also part of the reason they bellied up).

Actually, the stores that are hated the most are the most consistent, thats walmart. They have the market clout to run their own show as well as Sams Club.

Consumers often dont understand how these places operate or even the much more simple.

Whats even somewhat more entertaining are "flippers" who think they do well. I know a lady who "flips" high end women clothing. She buys during factory direct sales, like the Coach handbags sale at eBay recently, she bought I guess 10 bags at it about $100 ea. and flips em' for $300+ each.

Takes all kinds I guess.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the remedial business class, some real truth bombs in there. :roll: Sorry if I'm not buying your story wholesale, especially third-hand from your local blue-shirt. (We all know how well those guys disseminate information top-down, especially orally.) Contrary to what you may believe, the point I'm finding hard to swallow isn't 'OMG Gamestop and Best Buy working together, impossibles!' Your examples up top, while perhaps mildly shocking to your average, uncaring consumer, all make sense to someone with even a cursory amount of business knowledge. As you explain it, it would be apparent to see why BBY would do the proposed, but I see no reason why GS would leave their very slowly sinking ship to board the Titanic, unless the GS execs were trying to pull the ripcords on their golden parachutes. The reasons why GS is successful would never carry over to BBY as they exist now. They wouldn't expend their limited resources trying to overhaul a small portion of a direct competitor's business for a measly revenue split (especially when there is no revenue to split, like you said) when they could be using those same resources to impede the digital revolution and keep their whole business intact. It just doesn't make sense, so excuse me if I'm taking your words with heaps of salt.

[quote name='panda911']Thanks for the remedial business class, some real truth bombs in there. :roll: Sorry if I'm not buying your story wholesale, especially third-hand from your local blue-shirt. (We all know how well those guys disseminate information top-down, especially orally.) Contrary to what you may believe, the point I'm finding hard to swallow isn't 'OMG Gamestop and Best Buy working together, impossibles!' Your examples up top, while perhaps mildly shocking to your average, uncaring consumer, all make sense to someone with even a cursory amount of business knowledge. As you explain it, it would be apparent to see why BBY would do the proposed, but I see no reason why GS would leave their very slowly sinking ship to board the Titanic, unless the GS execs were trying to pull the ripcords on their golden parachutes. The reasons why GS is successful would never carry over to BBY as they exist now. They wouldn't expend their limited resources trying to overhaul a small portion of a direct competitor's business for a measly revenue split (especially when there is no revenue to split, like you said) when they could be using those same resources to impede the digital revolution and keep their whole business intact. It just doesn't make sense, so excuse me if I'm taking your words with heaps of salt.[/QUOTE]

Get no argument from me, as I said... Thats what I was told. Business wise at least from the outside looking in it would not make much sense for GS to do this. Most financial analysts say BestBuy is done, no matter what they do they cant stay afloat.

But, perhaps this is one they are throwing to the wind with GS. Since GS has the capability to "jump in" so to speak and I am not aware of any other that does. FYE's and such are not as vertical in their product lines and FYE is another failure company.

As to Gamestops decline they are wavering, some quarters they have done at least respectable yet others, poof. Like being bi-polar.

Whats interesting REALLY is if you look at some of the techno-phobe stuff on the media industries and where companies like Nintendo who was avidly against digital distribution set up digital distribution/networking and where Microsoft and Sony stand. Both in one sentence say they're #1 concern is the current retail channel and before they exhale tout' why they want it all going digital distribution and pocketing another 30% in revenues.

But as I said technophobe timelines are pretty on the money. Every 8-10 years its changed. From disks to CD's, CD's to DVD's, DVD to Blu-Ray and now the digital horizon.

I just read an article the other day at Canada Business (really good info site) where they spoke with entities from EA, UBI on and on. about it as well as Sony & MS folks. Interestingly the console manf's. are on this sorta teeter mid ground and having issues staying there.

They are not fond of the old school retail channel for many reasons. Expense obviously, production, distribution, liability, returns on and on of hard goods. But, its their current butter. On the other end if they slip up in the digital distribution areas they can end up at a severe disadvantage trying to play catch up in a very unforgiving market.

Most I have read say by 2010 most media distribution will be in full transition to digital and eventually abandoning retail for the media but obviously still need it to sell whatall Sony PS 5's, by 2020 everyone lives in the cloud where pretty much everything will stream in. As it is right now most of the nations that are tech-enabled to large extent can support full motion video streaming and infrastructures able to do 54.7 without issue (blu-ray speed).

Went to BB to get the PM but they only gave me the $40 gift card offer. Bummer. Also tried my luck at Target(since it was right next to BB) however no luck. Said they no longer PM online deals or what not.

So after hearing all the stock issues people had with far cry 3 i went to my local TRU after work tonight just for the hell of it. Turns out they had FC3 and I wound up getting blops 2 as well. For 360. This was the freehold NJ location. they had like 3 more copies of far cry too.

I wasn't able to get two halo 4 with the $50 off, but I did with black ops 2 and halo 4. They only discounted the black ops 2 game for $30, while they kept the halo 4 sale price the same at $40.
I thought of a douche-bag move though, I returned halo 4 and kept my copy of black ops 2 for $30.
I tried PMing at Target as well, but they said they no longer PM online stores.

[quote name='TommyLove']I wasn't able to get two halo 4 with the $50 off, but I did with black ops 2 and halo 4. They only discounted the black ops 2 game for $30, while they kept the halo 4 sale price the same at $40.
I thought of a douche-bag move though, I returned halo 4 and kept my copy of black ops 2 for $30.
I tried PMing at Target as well, but they said they no longer PM online stores.[/QUOTE]

TRU will undoubtedly limit how many they put out on the shelves. The term "Limited to stock on hand" is there for a reason, no rainchecks. Sorta like a BF deal, intent is getting people into the store especially running the $19.99 and then another at 40% deal. I went to three TRU's locally and quite a few people were looking for the "deal" and trouncing over the slews (tons of it) $19.99 stuff.

With BB probably the best way to go would be calling them for the price match, they'll authorize it .vs. going in store as in store its often left to the floor manager. As noted in a previous post, I know the VG, PC Mgr at my local BB so I could buy as many as I'd like I am sure. We've know each other for a good 10 years at least.

Like Walmart many operations leave alot to the in store managers discretion.

Also read BB's price match policy effective 12/20:

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I request a Price Match from a Best Buy retail store?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from a Best Buy retail store, please talk to a Customer Specialist or go to the Customer Service desk for help with your Price Match request. Please bring proof of the lower price that is still in effect that you want the Best Buy retail store to price match. How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, Price Match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com Price Match request. Please be prepared to provide proof of the Best Buy or local retail competitor price that is still in effect that you will ask a Best Buy representative to price match.

BestBuy.com Price Match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a Smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Price Match policy. A Price Match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase. Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met). What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase. How do I show "proof" of price?

The best way to show proof of price is to bring in the competitor's current ad. We may call the competitor's retail store to verify the lower price and availability of the item. Does Best Buy match the prices of a Warehouse club?

Yes. So long as the Warehouse club is a Competitor, has an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met. Does Best Buy match the price if it results in a price being below Best Buy's cost on a product?

Yes. So long as the price match requested is from a Competitor on an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met. Will you price match with the Best Buy site on my mobile phone (m.bestbuy.com), iPhone and Android apps?

Yes. M.bestbuy.com, the iPhone and Android applications have the same pricing and are treated the same as BestBuy.com. Are competitors' services eligible for price matching?

No. Due to the differences in services being performed, Best Buy does not match competitors' service prices. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as delivery, installation and computer services. How does your Price Match policy apply to purchases made using store pickup?

If you purchase an item at BestBuy.com (which includes a purchase from a Smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store) and if the item is offered at a lower price in the store when you pick it up, you will automatically pay the lower price. How does your Price Match policy apply to pre-orders and backorders?

If the price of an item drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price. Your credit card is not charged until the time of the product's shipment. How does your Price Match policy cover an item scheduled for delivery from BestBuy.com?

If the price of an item drops at any time before its scheduled delivery date, we will refund 100% of the difference, including tax. To receive the lower price, you must call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). Price matching cannot be processed in our stores or via e-mail. If you see a lower price at BestBuy.com or a Best Buy store near you, all conditions apply from our standard Price Guarantee. What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?

Sometimes a retailer will advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching. Is the Price Match policy different in Puerto Rico?

Yes. Best Buy Puerto Rico stores have their own store price guarantee. Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders. Does Best Buy price match offers with financing?

Best Buy does not match competitors' financing offers, or financing offers that differ between our stores and BestBuy.com. But you can buy a product, get a price match, and still use our low or no interest financing plans on your original purchase. Does Best Buy match competitors' trade-in value and offers on trade-in products?

No. Best Buy does not match our competitors' trade-in value and offers on trade-in products. Does Best Buy ever run tests or promotions on a new or existing policy?

Yes. Best Buy reserves the right to run promotions and/or tests of new or different versions of existing policies either nationally or in specific geographic locations and/or for limited periods of time. Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "Online only" or state "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites. Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match.

Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - January 31, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

Went to ToysRus on the way to work expecting no stock on games.

I was surprised that they had all advertised games in stock!!!

There were at least 10 copies of FarCry in the glass case as well as a box of about 30 behind the counter where the registers are located.

They had just gotten stock in this morning.

This was the Raritan NJ location.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Tried to PM at BB but no go. I was too lazy to go to another BB in the opposite direction.

Did get the games at TRU but I wanted PC ver.[/QUOTE]
PROTIP
If you generally don't have good luck getting YMMV pm's doing the receipt post purchase pm generally will be your best bet.
It clearly shows all the details needed to get the match w/o the store having to do anything but allow or deny. Also, since you've already shown them that u will buy it no matter what u now have the "power of the $".

i went to my toyrus it was quite busy. no copies of any good games for ps3 in sale. i picked up farcyr 3 for xbox360(had 2-3 copies)and dishonored.

no forza horizon
no call of duty

hoping for some good sales after Christmas

bread's done
Back