Toys R Us B1G1 50% off

[quote name='aj slick']Gran Turismo 5 + God of War 3 + Super Street Fighter 4 +$15 off coupon= $122 shipped[/QUOTE]

Can somebody help me with the $15 off coupon code?

[quote name='malalrd']Can somebody help me with the $15 off coupon code?[/QUOTE]

HOLIDAYGIFT

Does anyone know when this coupon code expire? Thanks!

[quote name='zedarkness']What do I do at the register tho? Do I just ask to buy thoes games and see that it works in the system? Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing.[/QUOTE]Oh, you're talking about doing this with a pre-order in store. I dont think that will work. You need to do the order online and have it shipped (which is free BTW)

And for those who said this deal says not for pre-orders, it said that with the B2G1 free sale back in November, and I had 2 pre-orders with that order and it went through no problems

[quote name='Xfactor19990']what is minimum for holidaygift to work?[/QUOTE]

It has to be in caps I think. HOLIDAYGIFT . and it's $15 off a purchase of $100 or more.

I ordered Final Fantasy XIII + God Of War 3 + Galaxy Quest DVD for $93.99 total.

If you order a game that is out now + a pre-order game I would make sure that the game that's out now is the half price one. That way if they do cancel the pre-order it's possible you could end up with a single game for half price. Not likely but possible.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Anyone know, on preorders do they charge once it ships or immediately?[/QUOTE]

I was charged the tax for my order but I think that's only because I also ordered a movie that is already being processed for shipping.

You shouldn't get charged until your order is ready to ship though. This is from an order confirmation email I got from TrU:

"Your order number is XXXXXX and the pre-ordered item(s) below will be processed at its scheduled release date. As it is processed, you'll receive additional emails about its status."

Can I return an item that I ordered online to any Toysrus store? I know it sounds like a noob question but they are out of stock of Wii Motion Plus online.

[quote name='Abeja']Can I return an item that I ordered online to any Toysrus store? I know it sounds like a noob question but they are out of stock of Wii Motion Plus online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can return it for store credit.

Is the $45 price for MW2 supposed to be national? I went to my local store but it was still $60 and the associate I talked to said it hasn't been lower than that.

The TRU website states that all pre-order games ship free, but why is there an estimated shipping charge present in the order summary?

Found MW2 in stock at another store here in Utah for $45. Picked up two for $63 and change after tax. Sweet deal, thanks for the heads up.

yeah the preorder should work as i did this with uncharted 2-mag-and darkvoid in november--it was cool cuz i made sure that the free game was the one shipping first--wich was Uncharted 2--so i havent been charged yet for my order-

(well once dark void ships this month i will)-

anyway I just passed u2-n just sold it yesterday on ebay for $35 profit -(after ebay fees n shipping)--will do the same with dark void pass it then sell it-use that money to pay the $118 that i will owe them,

so one can basically keep the games for 2 months play n pass it all for $5.

I went to a local Best Buy today and got them to PM this deal. Picked up Assassin's Creed 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 for 65$. The cashier was really surprised that I got those games for so cheap, so I gave him the flyer and he's going to try it after his shift. What a good start to the new year. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought wii fit plus and bayonetta for $136.coulda been alot cheaper but their damn shipping and taxes added 21 something to the total blah :/.Ohh well still not too shabby as I wanted both.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']these codes wont work for me, i added bayonetta x2 and then some Halo Action figures, checkout, and says Invalid[/QUOTE]

the $15 code is case sensitive--so it has to be in caps n just like this-

HOLIDAYGIFT

whoever posted the code, thanks! just preordered gow3, ffxiii, and the bioshock bigsister/little sister two figure set for $110. not bad i guess.

Bought two copies of MW2 for PS3 for around $65 and change. Have a friend that may buy on copy from me for $45, if not it goes to ebay.

Was able to get in on 2 copies of MW2 for the PS3 as well. Haven't decided what to do with the second copy yet though, probably trade it in to put towards Darksiders.

Just went to my local TRU and as i expected, they ran out of MW2 so i ended up going over to Best Buy and noticed they are selling it for 39.99. I asked them if they would price match the B1G1 50% and they did. So ended up getting two copies of MW2 for 39.99+19.99+tax = 65.83!

[quote name='DesertLeo']wait, it says that it excludes pre orders, but when i put two into my cart, the discount is applied. anyone else try this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried it, and it seems to work. I used it on two preorder items and it discounted one of them. I went through the checkout and everything. I'll be the first to come on here and say it didn't work if one of my preorders next week doesn' t come in.

I gotta thank whoever has posted the HOLIDAYGIFT coupon. I got two preorders, and a 10 dollar action figure for 90 bucks (I had a 10 dollar gift card).

Thanks folks!

My TRU wouldn't put out FF:CC Crystal Bearers. :whistle2:( They had the display boxes hidden behind the counter, but claimed not to have the actual games. Oh well, I didn't really need to spend more anyway (and didn't want to deal with online).

So when does this B1G1 50% end? Im trying to decide whether or not to pre-order Bayonetta and Darksiders, but I want to know how long I have before the deal dies.

anyone have a list of the available PS3 games for preorder at TRU? I noticed they neither have Heavy Rain nor Last Guardian. Those are the two, other than God of War III, that I want.

^ You know, you could just search all PS3 games by "recently added" and do a quick scan of pre-orders. Or view them all and search for "pre-order."

[quote name='Estebon']Going to try for the MW2 tomorrow. Is it just the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

If by tomorrow you mean Sunday, that is a whole new week of different sales.

[quote name='Steven91745']dead online.....i got this "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your order" and No free shipping >"

the tru gift cards with purchase of new games have decreased. anyone know if they will have a special for God of War III? Anyone know of any deal planned?

I'm going to wait and see if Gran Turismo 5 or Final Fantasy XIII have a deal if you buy them the week they come out. (Come with a gift certificate or something.) I'd still pay more than $100 for them with this deal, I guess I'd buy if the free shipping was still on.

I dont know if are still still reading this thread, but if anyone pre-ordered Darksiders with this deal have you had it ship yet? My is still at the "items located in stock" phase.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont know if are still still reading this thread, but if anyone pre-ordered Darksiders with this deal have you had it ship yet? My is still at the "items located in stock" phase.[/QUOTE]

Mine is in the same phase--I have no indication of them shipping it yet. I did see on their site that they ship things around 2 business days of their release; hopefully, it'll be on its way by tomorrow.

I actually did this deal last week, going with a preorder on Darksiders and Bayonetta both which officially released on the 5th (tuesday).

The status of Bayonetta went immediately to backordered on the 5th, Darksiders shows as being in stock, but its the 7th now and still hasn't shipped.

I complained up customer serivce this morning and they emailed me back saying they can confirm Darksiders should ship in a day or so (but no shipment confirmation yet on my end), and that Bayonetta is pending on special order and they will call me when available.

Needless to say, this is pretty awful for items that were supposedly preordered- the items should be amply in stock if they are preordering them and there is no excuse for Darksiders not to have shipped already since its in stock and you pay a premium for shipping ($6) with TRU.

The worst part is I can't even cancel the order now if I wanted to just buy them someplace else (amazon would get about $10-15 more for both overall, but I know they at least have it in stock and won't screw around with the order).

I'm sorry, but if you are in the videogame pre-order business, you need to be shipping these games on release day, not 3 days later, especially when the customer is paying good for shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, buying off TRU's site is terrible. They charge shipping for every item, not even free if you spend $25 or even $50.

I was going to get The Conduit and SW:FU online when they had the Buy 1, Get select game 60% off. They still had a pre-order for The Conduit the weekend after it was released.

Yeah, 2 or 3 day delays in shipping are expected when you do free saver shipping or somethinh, but when I pay for them to ship I expect the items to go out pronto, and you just don't get that at TRU. I don't know, maybe amazon just spoils us...

UPDATE- I just got my shipping info, damn I should have just bought Darksiders & Bayonetta with the $40 gift card, I could have been playing that shit already.:bomb:

bread's done
Back