Toys R Us: Buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, get any Wii/Wii U games 40% off (Up to 3 Discounted Games Per Order)

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=022314wiigame&origkw=022314wiigame&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Fine print:

40% off ANY Wii or Wii U video game when you buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U.

Excludes sale items. Must buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U AND add to cart additional Wii or Wii U game of choice for offer to apply. Maximum 3 discounts per order transaction.

----------
Sorry if the titles is confusing lol.. I just made an order for donkey kong tropical freeze at toys r us, and you can add more than 1 wii u game and get 40% off of them as well. So I order donkey kong..pikmin 3, new super mario bros wii u, and super mario land 3d for store pick up.. I had to pay 49.99 for donkey kong but got 40% of each of the other games..seems to be a limit of 4 games in total.. Now just waiting on the ready for pick up email... Hope it works for everyone else.. Obvioulsy do store pick up incase they cancel orders for shipment.. says "Ready within an hr" but we'll see ...

I've posted the link to donkey kong below, and then just use the search bar to search for other games you wanna add..discount should reflect in the shopping cart...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24191496&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
There was one available for in-store pickup in my area. I went ahead and bit on DKTR, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Toys R Us will gray out items in their inventory once it falls below a certain amount, even though they might still have a couple of that item left. When someone orders online for in-store pickup, an employee gets a notice to go pull those items from the sales floor. If there was only one or two left, other customers might have already picked them up but have yet to check out. Or they just got returned and haven't been put back out on the sales floor. Or they're being held for a guest issue or someone called in advance of coming to the store. Regardless, it keeps TRU from having to cancel a bunch of orders due to not having the inventory. If you're actually looking for something and it comes up as out of stock, give your local Toys R Us a call - they can check their exact inventory to see how many they actually have.

And there's nothing to 'honor' compared to the website. I'm almost positive that the "Maximum 3 discounts per order" clause was supposed to mean you can only buy 3 copies of DK: TF and receive 3 other games at 40% off. If this was intentional, Toys R Us would have made it much more obvious, both in the store and online (something like "Buy Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Get Up to 3 Wii or Wii U Games at 40% Off"). The registers received the right update - the website didn't.
I know this already, I didn't want to bore the other guy with long winded stuff of why that happens like you just did. xD

I know this already, I didn't want to bore the other guy with long winded stuff of why that happens like you just did. xD
Eh, the way you worded your response, it made it sound like Toys R Us doesn't know how to keep track of their inventory. And you suggested they could make a scene to try and get the store to match the website, but that's bad advice as there's nothing to match - excep the promotion as the registers are ringing it up in the store.

back in stock go go go!  Just got Donkey Kong Super Mario galaxy 2 and New super mario wii u for $103 not bad at all!!

Thanks for the heads-up! Grabbed DK, Super Mario 3d world, LoZ, and Pikmin 3 for $160. And now I don't have to buy another WiiU game for at least a year.

I'm trying to order online but it looks like the 40% off is restricted to 1 game now.  Anyone else having better luck?

They're back in stock, but it's only 1 item for 40% off now.

Last edited:
I ordered two days ago because my store had the stuff come back into stock.  Got my pickup notice and it told me that DKTF was out of stock.

I picked up my two games (Super Mario World 3D and Smash Bros, if anyone cares) at the store and have Tank Tank Tank coming to me for 40% off.  They got DKTF back in stock, and because I wanted it anyway, I picked it up and was able to use a reward certificate on it.  Total win!  Thanks TRU for handling that so nicely :)

Eh, the way you worded your response, it made it sound like Toys R Us doesn't know how to keep track of their inventory. And you suggested they could make a scene to try and get the store to match the website, but that's bad advice as there's nothing to match - excep the promotion as the registers are ringing it up in the store.
Had a TRU cancel my Instore pickup once citing OOS. Got there and they had like 30 of the item. LOL

This shipping in a box to anyone? Last time I made a 4 game order from TRU, they just stuck them in an envelope. They arrived with cracked cases :(
Mine were in envelopes, and no cases were damaged. I can't say the same for a box of games that I got from Best Buy.

This shipping in a box to anyone? Last time I made a 4 game order from TRU, they just stuck them in an envelope. They arrived with cracked cases :(
My games came in an envelope as well and one of my game cases was in bad shape. There were three puncture points on the front of the case that went straight through the plastic and tore the paper game cover. Nothing else was damaged, like the game or the inserts inside, but I was a little frustrated on just how shotty the shipping was. It was damaged either by the shipping process or something happened to this game case prior to shipping.....

What a great deal, what a shame this is USA only. There haven't been any deals for international Wii U owners, USA constantly gets price reductions. Chose the wrong console I guess :(

1.  Select Store Pickup for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

2.  Select Ship-to-Home for 3 other Wii U games.

3.  Don't pick up Donkey Kong, and the order for it will be cancelled after 5 days.

Result:

40% off any 3 Wii U games.

so last week when i tried placing the order and donkey kong went out of stock and messed up the pricing, i called the TRU customer service line and the rep i talked to sounded like he understood the deal was supposed to be %40 off the other 3 games. he gave me a reference number and made it sound like he noted that when my credit card cleared all i had to do was call back and i'd get the games at the price.

called back today and apparently he wrote down that just donkey kong tropical freeze was suppsed to be %40 off. ugh. at least it looks i'll be getting donkey kong for $19.99 though without having to buy the other games. still kind of annoying though.

Just got mine, also came in an envelope. out of the 4 games, DKTF was the only one damaged. Front of the box is squished in and shakes test makes it seems like the disc inset is broken since the disc is lose and something plastic shakes around. with it.

Would TRU honor an in store exchange for a fucked up box?

Would TRU honor an in store exchange for a fucked up box?
They should. Just take it in with a copy of your receipt and ask to exchange. If the game is still sealed, you should be able to exchange for a sealed copy. If you already opened it, they're supposed to open it before they hand it to you for the exchange. In either scenario though, you should be good.

bread's done
Back