Toys 'R Us.com has Dragon's Peak in stock! Hustle!

Heading out in a few minutes to the closest TRU which will open in an hour and a half. I already bought Dragon's Peak, but I'm curious if they have they'll have Zook and Lightning Rod.

[quote name='jayntampa']I highly doubt that - they seem to be producing them as needed. It's not like they're hanging around on shelves as it is.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they will be forward compatible with Skylanders Giants, lengthening their longevity. I'll love it if they made balance changes to the old ones, some just aren't as fun to play as they look (Prism Break I'm looking at you).

Plenty (15+) of the Dragon's Peak and Legendary Trigger Happy at my store this morning. Too bad most of us there were looking for the recent Lightning Rod 3 pack which my store seems to have never received (some people said they were there Tuesday at open and none were available).

Anyone know when the next set (has Camo, I think) comes out? And is it the last until Giants?

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Plenty (15+) of the Dragon's Peak and Legendary Trigger Happy at my store this morning. Too bad most of us there were looking for the recent Lightning Rod 3 pack which my store seems to have never received (some people said they were there Tuesday at open and none were available).

Anyone know when the next set (has Camo, I think) comes out? And is it the last until Giants?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the next 3: (wham shell, warnado, camo) are the last ones.

How is this a video game deal? And why is everyone so crazy over a toy that only five years old kids are interested in? And most of all, why aren't moderators doing their job by moving this topic to other deal section?

[quote name='Raymond']How is this a video game deal? And why is everyone so crazy over a toy that only five years old kids are interested in? And most of all, why aren't moderators doing their job by moving this topic to other deal section?[/QUOTE]
Well good morning to you also

Daz you heading out to the store today to try and get it? I'm getting tempted now that the website has it OOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegame85']Daz you heading out to the store today to try and get it? I'm getting tempted now that the website has it OOS.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually going to swing by there tomorrow. There is only one tru here in Colorado Springs and it's clear across town. I'm going to be somewhat in that area tomorrow so I'll try my luck then.

[quote name='Raymond']How is this a video game deal? And why is everyone so crazy over a toy that only five years old kids are interested in? And most of all, why aren't moderators doing their job by moving this topic to other deal section?[/QUOTE]

Because an extra topic is inconveniencing you. It is a deal, it is newly available AND has a $5 gift card when you purchase it. It's in the sale paper this week.

I will assure you that people over 5 very much enjoy this game, and as parents we also enjoy playing it with said 5 year olds. Is the view very good from up on your perch? I'm not a fan of JRPGs, but you apparently like them, maybe I'll just pop in your topics and ask why anyone is crazy over games meant for anime nerds. But, I won't do that because I realize that there is room in this hobby for people of all kinds of varying tastes, not just my own. If you don't like it, just move right along and click on the next topic.

got the last legendary trigger happy, 2 dragons peaks and an empire of ice and a 3 pack with cynder and them. can get up to 4 with $5 back - saw dragons peaks selling for about $48 on ebay.

Somebody needs a girlfriend

Why such a sad panda?

I was first in line, only about 8 people showed up. They only had about 4 Dragons Peaks set out and the display was full of all the older Skylanders singles and 3 packs and about 40 Legendary Trigger Happy . The weird thing about the whole situation was that the manager didn't put all of the Dragon Peaks out. I saw people leave when they realized that there wasn't any Dragon Peaks left and then I saw some people ask if they could check in the back and he would bring one out for them. When I was checking out I heard him ask the employee what the big deal was with the Dragons Peak adventure set.

I arrived at TRU (Fremont, CA) a few minutes after opening. There was already a line in the electronics dept. I was able to pick up a Dragon's Peak, but there were no Legendary Trigger Happy figures :(

Yesterday I went to TRU and my 6 year old daughter was going to get a Skylander with a gift card from her birthday. She had her heart set on Whirlwind but when she saw the Legendary Trigger Happy she decided to get him instead "because I've never seen one like that before". She told me she has seen Whirlwind before so she'd get the rarer one.

Good girl.

[quote name='ZForce915']Yesterday I went to TRU and my 6 year old daughter was going to get a Skylander with a gift card from her birthday. She had her heart set on Whirlwind but when she saw the Legendary Trigger Happy she decided to get him instead "because I've never seen one like that before". She told me she has seen Whirlwind before so she'd get the rarer one.

Good girl.[/QUOTE]

Damn!!!! Even I am proud of her lol... Kids, once they get their mind set on that one thing never seem to let go. I chased stealth elf and hex down for a long time cause of this, now he hates hex and barely touches stealth elf (he just turned 8 a couple weeks ago)

No three packs at the TRU in Rochester. Plenty of Dragon's Peak and Legendary Trigger Happy's.

Has anyone seen a Legendary Three Pack with Chop Chop, Bash, and Spryo?

Since they're giving away a $5 gift card in-store if you purchase a 3-pack or expansion pack, and since they're products for a video game, I don't exactly see how this wouldn't qualify as a video game deal.

I picked up Dragon's Peak and Legendary Trigger Happy today. I don't much care for the $25 price tag on the peak, but since it came with a $5 card I guess I can't complain. I'm also kind of glad that they didn't put a TRU exclusive sticker on it for the first month's worth, b/c now there's no reason for me to keep it sealed.

Now to wait until 04/08(?) when the Blue Bash comes out to give me something to use my $5 gift card on.

Only about 15 people at the TRU I went to were waiting in line outside. I was near the end and all the people in front had first dibs on some singles, one of them was Cynder. Thankfully I have one coming in from Amazon, but I think I would've been annoyed if that wasn't the case.

Took a couple pictures. The display with Dragon's Peak had the same amount on the other side and there was another shopping cart full of them near the entrance. No Zook or LR, though. Strangely, there was no limit on how much you could purchase from this TRU.

o0oHC.jpg

zPr8Z.jpg

I don't get it - I think I live by the wrong Toys R Us for Skylanders. Got to TRU this morning at 9:30, there were about 10 people in line. By 10 there was a line of 50+.

Manager came out and said they only had 4 Dragon's Peaks - the rest had been given to people on a list. No legendary Trigger Happy's, only 4 three packs for the Zook/Cynder/Lightning Rod...Seeing some of these pictures and hearing the other stories in this thread just makes me think that my TRU is sending them out the back door or the employees are buying them and reselling them.

Just got a Legendary TH and a Dragons Peak from the Media, PA TRU. Plenty of Legendary TH's (40+) and the Dragons Peaks had been put behind the counter to stop people grabbing the whole lot, got my $5 GC, I'm happy and surprised they still had this stuff at 3.45pm.

Appleton, WI - Out of all Adventure Pack's. I was able to get Pirate Sea's adventure pack, and Stump Smash. They had a few other regular Skylander's, about two dozen Legendary Trigger Happy and that's it...They ran out of Dragon's Peak, sadly, I was the next person in line and the folks in front of me got the last Dragon's Peak...At least the kid was super happy!

So I decided to just go to tru today, waste of time. fucking hoarders cleaned out all the stock. The only thing left were a few legendary trigger happy's, not interested in him.

So, has anybody actually played any of these "... packs" and want to give their gaming opinion? We're done w/ Skylanders characters - got Whirlwind from Amazon yesterday for $7.99 and FSSS - but the packs are extra chapters, correct? Guess my question is - are they worth playing and paying for like DLC, or are they 1 off's like the Heroic challenges which take about 3 minutes? Do any stand out above the others?

Good to hear the positive stories for most of you here, I picked mine up with no problem. I got there right as they opened. They didn't have much of anything else though, I guess they sold most of the stock right after the 21st.

I posted in the Skylanders thread, K-Mart has b1g1 50% off on single packs, they are priced at $7.99. The store on Alessandro in Riverside had a single Cynder along with Double Trouble, Chop CHop, Drill Sergeant, and Flameslinger. They also had the Crypt and Pirates Adventure Pack.

[quote name='rjejr']So, has anybody actually played any of these "... packs" and want to give their gaming opinion? We're done w/ Skylanders characters - got Whirlwind from Amazon yesterday for $7.99 and FSSS - but the packs are extra chapters, correct? Guess my question is - are they worth playing and paying for like DLC, or are they 1 off's like the Heroic challenges which take about 3 minutes? Do any stand out above the others?[/QUOTE]

This has been answered a few times, but I'll try one more time:

Most of the packs are very light on content, and often only offer a slight gimmick beyond the typical gameplay. The real irritating thing about them, is that they really are just a key. Once you place it on the portal, it's unlocked within game, and you never have to use it again.

Here's my opinion on them:
1) Pirate Seas - If it wasn't because it includes 'Terrafin' this would be the biggest waste of the bunch. Imagine playing a child's 'match 2' game over, and over again...that's about it.

2) Dark Crypt - Has an interesting 'Night vs. day' gimmick, but it becomes annoying pretty quickly, when every few steps you have to either 'find a key' or 'solve a puzzle' to get to the next point (definitely not kid friendly)

3) Empire of Ice pack - Imagine moving without control for 90% of the level (e.g. 'cause of the frozen level of course'). It's annoying, though. Aside from sliding without control, there is nothing memorable about this pack.

4) Dragon's peak - A definite change of pace, as this actually has some things that you have not done within game (e.g. fly). Otherwise, the land sections feel the same as the rest of the game. Feels a bit shorter than all the other ones.

That's about it...

[quote name='rjejr']So, has anybody actually played any of these "... packs" and want to give their gaming opinion? We're done w/ Skylanders characters - got Whirlwind from Amazon yesterday for $7.99 and FSSS - but the packs are extra chapters, correct? Guess my question is - are they worth playing and paying for like DLC, or are they 1 off's like the Heroic challenges which take about 3 minutes? Do any stand out above the others?[/QUOTE]

They are essentially extra chapters. They also come with a figure and and two items that you place on the portal to activate (these are mostly things that do damage or give your skylander extra protection).

If you want more skylander chapters to play and the extra figures - they aren't unreasonable. I wouldn't say they are a bargain at their price point though.

The pirate one I enjoyed the most - plus Terrafin is boss. You also get a treasure chest that adds extra loot to every level in the game if you place it on the portal alongside your skylander.

I thought Empire of Ice was cute and Slam Bam looks pretty sweet.

I was disappointed with the Crypt. Didn't really enjoy the level and I don't really enjoy the character.

[quote name='GBAstar']In the last three years or so I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a deal online that involved a gift card; even when the same deal in store did.

I don't think TRU is set up to issue GC for online deals[/QUOTE]

It really sucks that TRU stores and the TRU website don't gel together in terms of the deals they offer. You'd think they would, especially to keep a wode range of customers shopping with them but hey, TRU isn't exactly going to be around for a long time, especially with such stiff competition from other online retailers and B&M big box stores like Target, Best Buy and Wal Mart to contend with.

If TRU was smart, they would offer the same deals in-store AND online. That is how you retain and gain customers.

Its bad enough that TRU's price for Skylanders items are the highest of all retailers, yet they also have the crappiest shipping department (that just loves to insecurely pack ANYTHING you buy from the website, no matter how much it cost you) and they also have the least amount of B&M stores around the USA. The closest TRU B&M is about 15 miles from me whereas my closest Target and Best Buy B&Ms are only 2 miles away. I also have better luck finding items (whatever they may be) at the aformentioned stores whereas TRU B&Ms are usually sold out.

Not to threadjack, but on the topic of packs, Amazon has Darklight Crypt for $19.99 at the moment (Sunday afternoon).

[quote name='defpally']Because an extra topic is inconveniencing you. It is a deal, it is newly available AND has a $5 gift card when you purchase it. It's in the sale paper this week.

I will assure you that people over 5 very much enjoy this game, and as parents we also enjoy playing it with said 5 year olds. Is the view very good from up on your perch? I'm not a fan of JRPGs, but you apparently like them, maybe I'll just pop in your topics and ask why anyone is crazy over games meant for anime nerds. But, I won't do that because I realize that there is room in this hobby for people of all kinds of varying tastes, not just my own. If you don't like it, just move right along and click on the next topic.[/QUOTE]

It's a deal, but not a video game deal. It's a freaking toy. What do you plan to do with it? Playing house? Hahahaha!

An extra topic doesn't mean shit. What's the point of forum rules if an extra topic could get by? Maybe next time when a Porsche is on sale, I could post it here too.

[quote name='Raymond']It's a deal, but not a video game deal. It's a freaking toy. What do you plan to do with it? Playing house? Hahahaha!

An extra topic doesn't mean shit. What's the point of forum rules if an extra topic could get by? Maybe next time when a Porsche is on sale, I could post it here too.[/QUOTE]

Angry Panda is Angry.

You'd probably be happier if you bought more Skylanders.

[quote name='Raymond']It's a deal, but not a video game deal. It's a freaking toy. What do you plan to do with it? Playing house? Hahahaha!

An extra topic doesn't mean shit. What's the point of forum rules if an extra topic could get by? Maybe next time when a Porsche is on sale, I could post it here too.[/QUOTE]

cry much?

It's a video game product in short supply, so the deal belongs here. And I'm 35, not 5, so you can go to hell.

No, I put it on the portal connected to my XBox 360. What do you think I doing with that, "playing house"? Are you completely ignorant about how this game works? When there is a sale on content for other games it qualifies, what's different about this? There is an entire XBOX Live topic where they frequently talk about new releases and sales on them, should we inform them they are doing it wrong by Raymond's Rules?

Seriously, all you are doing is trolling, and that IS against the rules. Are you sure you want a moderator (and one frequently posts in Skylanders threads and is a big fan) to come and take a look?

They still had a decent number of Dragon's Peaks (and a virtual lode of Legendary Trigger Happies) late yesterday at my local stores. If anyone's interested in either one for cost (7% tax) + shipping send me a PM. I'd be willing to see if they're still there.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']They still had a decent number of Dragon's Peaks (and a virtual lode of Legendary Trigger Happies) late yesterday at my local stores. If anyone's interested in either one for cost (7% tax) + shipping send me a PM. I'd be willing to see if they're still there.[/QUOTE]

PM sent!

Does anyone have an extra Legendary Trigger Happy their willing to sell? I've been fresh out of luck at my local stores. If you do please PM me asap.

[quote name='benjamouth']Angry Panda is Angry.

You'd probably be happier if you bought more Skylanders.[/QUOTE]

How did you come up with the conclusion that I'm angry?

[quote name='confoosious']cry much?[/QUOTE]

Read above.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']It's a video game product in short supply, so the deal belongs here. And I'm 35, not 5, so you can go to hell.[/QUOTE]

Are you butt-hurt cause you're 5 years old trap in a 35 years old body?

[quote name='defpally']No, I put it on the portal connected to my XBox 360. What do you think I doing with that, "playing house"? Are you completely ignorant about how this game works? When there is a sale on content for other games it qualifies, what's different about this? There is an entire XBOX Live topic where they frequently talk about new releases and sales on them, should we inform them they are doing it wrong by Raymond's Rules?

Seriously, all you are doing is trolling, and that IS against the rules. Are you sure you want a moderator (and one frequently posts in Skylanders threads and is a big fan) to come and take a look?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for my ignorance. I'm not a baby playing with toys. If the toys you're playing house with come with content for the game, then by all mean have double the fun.

Thanks dragon and mojo. I'm sure this stuff has been covered elsewhere but there are Skylanders topics everywhere - I know I post in most of them - and I hadn't seen anything about the "packs". I checked "wiki" but I wanted a gamers opinion on the extra playable content. Sounds like I'll pick up Dragon's Peak if I come across it but not worth hunting.

I don't know if it's been covered in this topic yet or not, but you can now select in-store pickup for Dragon's Peak from toysrus.com. Made my life a lot easier, now I don't have to go out hunting on my lunch break today.

[quote name='rjejr']Thanks dragon and mojo. I'm sure this stuff has been covered elsewhere but there are Skylanders topics everywhere - I know I post in most of them - and I hadn't seen anything about the "packs". I checked "wiki" but I wanted a gamers opinion on the extra playable content. Sounds like I'll pick up Dragon's Peak if I come across it but not worth hunting.

And Raymond, if you are ignorant about a topic which is advertising sales for VIDEO GAME CONTENT, why not just ask instead of insulting people and putting them down for their game of preference. ugh, why am I feeding the troll?[/QUOTE]

How did I insult people? Was it because I said this wasn't a video game deal? Or were you actually offended by the term "playing house"? Or the fact that the toys are made for 5 years old?

If it is the latter two, why are you angry if they aren't true?

[quote name='Raymond']How did I insult people? Was it because I said this wasn't a video game deal? Or were you actually offended by the term "playing house"? Or the fact that the toys are made for 5 years old?

If it is the latter two, why are you angry if they aren't true?[/QUOTE]
You should really just give up man.

[quote name='Raymond']How did I insult people? Was it because I said this wasn't a video game deal? Or were you actually offended by the term "playing house"? Or the fact that the toys are made for 5 years old?

If it is the latter two, why are you angry if they aren't true?[/QUOTE]

How did you insult people? Pretty much every one of your posts is intended as an insult. You have stated you have no interest in this game, so why are you posting in this thread except to offer your poor grasp of the rules given that this is video game related and it is a special advertised deal. So you are trolling, and again that is against the rules therefore you are the one in the wrong.

As far as what you believe are "baby toys", heh no that doesn't bother me at all. I don't care what random internet people say about the games I enjoy or the ones I enjoy with my young sons, and yeah I even play it some on my own. The only reason I posted in response to you was that you made a claim that it is against the rules for this thread to exist and it is clearly not.

When you grow up and get out of junior high school you will learn that what other people think of your hobbies isn't all that important, and if you change what you like because of what the "cool kids" deem acceptable you will live a very shallow life.

I stopped by the store over my lunch break and they still had a good number of Dragon's Peaks, and the Legendary Trigger Happy pile looked untouched. Let me know if any of you are still looking for them.

Not trying to be rude but could you at least put Skylanders in the thread title or description? I had no idea what this was till I clicked the link. I avoiding the Skylanders money pit so I don't recognize these names instantly.

[quote name='shilo101']If you want to pay the $5 shipping, TRU.com has the legendary Trigger Happy in stock right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The local TRU here never got any in.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not trying to be rude but could you at least put Skylanders in the thread title or description? I had no idea what this was till I clicked the link. I avoiding the Skylanders money pit so I don't recognize these names instantly.[/QUOTE]
same. I thought it was some obscure Japanese game or something lol

bread's done
Back