Toys R US - Confirmed Yoshi 3DS XL

gecko157

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Here you go, releases 3/14

As far as I know TRS is still offering a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2DS or 3DS system.

jjxNaqA.jpg

****UPDATE****

PO is now available

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31716976&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanna slap whoever designs these LE systems. Other than the Zelda one, the rest have looked like absolute garbage.
The Pokemon X/Y Blue system is by far the best looking one I've seen, with the red almost as nice. Honestly, the Zelda XL might be the ugliest one they've made so far, unless you don't like the Pikachu XL's lack of subtlety.

I can't see myself selling my Pikachu system as I got it for $164.99 at Target during launch. Waiting to see if that ever happens again with one of these systems.
Do it!!! I sold my Pikachu system for 400 bucks about a month ago. Sold my animal crossing 3ds xl for 400 bucks too. I still have one of each!

Fidgeted with my girlfriend's 3DSXL today to see if I'd enjoy it.

Nope. Still a bit too big. :/
I use the Zelda 3DS Limited Edition system for Animal Crossing New Leaf and the Zelda 3DS XL system for everything else. I like the bigger form factor for playing games, but I also like the regular 3DS to carry around. Plus the color and sound seem crisper on it. That screen size though on the XL is great.

GameStop's dumb. I went in-store today and tried to pre-order the Yoshi 3DSXL. She said there wasn't an option to pre-order, and that she could just pre-order it for me online. I told her I could do that myself, then she said if we pre-ordered in-store online, I'd get free shipping. I said I didn't trust GameStop and left. ($8.00 cheapest shipping option when I checked myself)

I then went to BestBuy.com and pre-ordered online with free shipping.

GameStop's dumb. I went in-store today and tried to pre-order the Yoshi 3DSXL. She said there wasn't an option to pre-order, and that she could just pre-order it for me online. I told her I could do that myself, then she said if we pre-ordered in-store online, I'd get free shipping. I said I didn't trust GameStop and left. ($8.00 cheapest shipping option when I checked myself)

I then went to BestBuy.com and pre-ordered online with free shipping.
I went to GS earlier yesterday (Tuesday) and the manager was in. He said the item was in the system but wasn't set up for preorders (yet). He said to call back today (Wednesday) and tomorrow to see if it was going to allow in-store preorders. He figured that if it didn't open up by Thursday then they weren't going to be taking preorders in-store at all.

I went to GS earlier yesterday (Tuesday) and the manager was in. He said the item was in the system but wasn't set up for preorders (yet). He said to call back today (Wednesday) and tomorrow to see if it was going to allow in-store preorders. He figured that if it didn't open up by Thursday then they weren't going to be taking preorders in-store at all.
Really wish a manager had been in because I figured this may have been the case. I think I'm okay with pre-ordering online though. That uncertainty that they may not accept pre-orders at all turns me off a bit. Thank you though!

Really wish a manager had been in because I figured this may have been the case. I think I'm okay with pre-ordering online though. That uncertainty that they may not accept pre-orders at all turns me off a bit. Thank you though!
Yeah he wasn't a 100% but he's pretty knowledgeable and has been with GS for awhile; he said it's very rare for them to open up preorders when a release is just a week away as inventory has typically already been allocated and is in transit to stores. Sometimes he said they'll open up preorders that act as a reserve for the number of units they know they're getting (i.e. the store may be getting 1, 2, 3, etc units) but wasn't sure if they'd be doing that either.

I tend to agree that if they're not taking deposits either today or Thursday then they probably aren't going to at all

I went to Best Buy tonight to pick up the SP Stick of Truth guide and they had to get the guide out of the locked video game cage up front. Guest what else was in there? 4 Yoshi 3DS XLs. I asked if they were for sale and the unknowing cashier said yes. They went to ring one up and of course it didn't work because the SKU wasn't in the system yet, so a manager came over. The manager said they were not for sale yet, which I understood, and said if I wanted one that I should preorder from the website because they did not think they would be getting any more after release. Of course in store pickup isn't working because the items aren't coming up in their computers yet.

No complaints here. Just found the stock quantity interesting.

Yeah, I think I'm going to get this. I know Toys R Us is confirmed, but I'm hoping Walmart has them since I have $160 in credit there. I think this could really become collectible and I've wanted to upgrade for forever. 

Well it doesn't look like GS is taking preorders. I would guess anywhere from 2-6 per store depending on the retailer and how much volume the do.

Arrgh, I keep going back and forth on whether I want an XL or not.

What makes this terrible is that I like white-colored handhelds and this is like the closest way to get one in the US outside of the Animal Crossing Bundle.

It's too big. I like to keep my 3DS on me at all times and the 3DSXL is a bit too big to keep in pocket all day long.

That and the screen is a bit too big for a handheld. You hold it close enough to your face that it feel alike it's taking up your entire peripheral vision.

I'm debating on buying this through Target to get the $30 back in a GC so that I can sell the system later. Issue is I'm not one to buy systems to sit on and wait to make a profit. Its a big debate for me right now.

The case that my TRU received had 4 of the Yoshi 3DS XL systems in the box - looks like it'll be 4 units per store most places (unless limited editions 3DS XL's do poorly at a certain store; they might receive a lower quantity for that reason).

Debating whether  to get this or the Mario Luigi LE Xl which is 180 and comes with a game. Does anyone know how many of those each store received?

I managed to pick up one of these early off of eBay, and its pretty nice looking. My only irk was that it was supposed to come sealed but there were no seal stickers to be found. Not even traces of them. I can post a couple pictures if anyone wants, but I'm on mobile and have no idea what to use to get them on here.

I managed to pick up one of these early off of eBay, and its pretty nice looking. My only irk was that it was supposed to come sealed but there were no seal stickers to be found. Not even traces of them. I can post a couple pictures if anyone wants, but I'm on mobile and have no idea what to use to get them on here.
Did you get it from the seller that had it for $160? Good deal

Yeah I did. Dinged up corner but oh well. I just bought it to collect anyway. Not sure how he had them to sell, and why they were sold below cost, but I'm a happy guy tonight.
Not sure how he had them...?

"Limited system" for sale on eBay. Check
Selling a week before it even releases. Check.
Priced to sell fast, $40 below MSRP. Check.

Yeah, definitely not 'hot'.

Newegg has it available for pre order now on their site. Good for some people since they don't charge tax in most states.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100156
I preorder a lot of items from Newegg and usually have a good results but Friday releases are pretty horrible.

I preordred a Zelda XL from them AND paid for faster (3-day) shipping and it arrived the following 8 business days after release.

Debating whether to get this or the Mario Luigi LE Xl which is 180 and comes with a game. Does anyone know how many of those each store received?
More then any other LE 3DS XL release to date, as far as I know. At one point in time, the TRU I work at had over 20 of those systems in their inventory. I don't think we got more than 10 to 12 of the Zelda bundle during the holiday season. Pokemon X and Y special editions we saw even less of. One of my coworkers said that when the Pikachu 3DS XL came out, the store only received 2.

Essentially, I feel like the Mario and Luigi LE 3DS XL will still be around for quite a long time to come, especially with how many people purchased it during those holiday sales with possible intentions to sell later down the road. And there were just a lot more copies produced of that system.

It's too big. I like to keep my 3DS on me at all times and the 3DSXL is a bit too big to keep in pocket all day long.

That and the screen is a bit too big for a handheld. You hold it close enough to your face that it feel alike it's taking up your entire peripheral vision.
I prefer the XL over the regular one, that being said.... stop wearing skinny jeans. >_<

Off-topic: Personally I'm hoping they dump the 2DS this year. I'd say only moving 2 million units is fine but not as amazing as they'd had hoped for $129. Redesign the regular 3DS as close as you can to $99, make it smaller and lighter by switching SD slot for MicroSD and AC charger for microUSB and more. Then just have 3DS XL at $150-$170 with a "lite" model around $100-$130. 

I think a big reason why 3DS sales are kinda flat around 14 million per year (which ain't bad at all) is because the general consumer doesn't see the 2DS as a great deal even if they have no interest in the 3D since the design looks cheaper and they know they're losing out a big aspect of the system, the 3D.

Get a normal 3DS, redesigned to be lighter and with the rounded corners of the XL out there as cheap as possible Nintendo! Also Minecraft 3D wouldn't hurt if you wanna throw Notch and 4J some money.

Off-topic: Personally I'm hoping they dump the 2DS this year. I'd say only moving 2 million units is fine but not as amazing as they'd had hoped for $129. Redesign the regular 3DS as close as you can to $99, make it smaller and lighter by switching SD slot for MicroSD and AC charger for microUSB and more. Then just have 3DS XL at $150-$170 with a "lite" model around $100-$130.

I think a big reason why 3DS sales are kinda flat around 14 million per year (which ain't bad at all) is because the general consumer doesn't see the 2DS as a great deal even if they have no interest in the 3D since the design looks cheaper and they know they're losing out a big aspect of the system, the 3D.

Get a normal 3DS, redesigned to be lighter and with the rounded corners of the XL out there as cheap as possible Nintendo! Also Minecraft 3D wouldn't hurt if you wanna throw Notch and 4J some money.
i'm pretty sure the reason why the 3ds xl is so much more expensive is because they have to license the 3D technology. That is why the 2DS can be $70 cheaper. I'm sure they can find some way to cut costs with the 3ds xl but not drastically.

Don't be surprised when these are selling for $309-$400 as most stores stocking it are only getting 2-4 units. This is basically Pikachu 2.0.

Don't be surprised when these are selling for $309-$400 as most stores stocking it are only getting 2-4 units. This is basically Pikachu 2.0.
That's what I was thinking too but major retailers have had preorders up for quite a few days and they haven't sold out. I am assuming some resellers are hitting those pretty hard too

and how do you know they won't get restocked/a new shipment on monday? It's possible that it's a Pikachu situation but I don't see that much evidence yet to say it is for sure.

Plus most of these stores have preorders with very high quantity limit. you would think that it would be a limit of 3 or less if it was going to be rare or hard to find.

I preorder a lot of items from Newegg and usually have a good results but Friday releases are pretty horrible.

I preordred a Zelda XL from them AND paid for faster (3-day) shipping and it arrived the following 8 business days after release.
I just preordered this from newegg a few hours ago and UPS my choice just notified me that newegg had printed a label to my address and it is scheduled to be delivered Friday. Now that assumes newegg actually gives the package to UPS in time. I also haven't gotten an official shipping email from newegg yet but it looks like they are shipping this on time.

I just preordered this from newegg a few hours ago and UPS my choice just notified me that newegg had printed a label to my address and it is scheduled to be delivered Friday. Now that assumes newegg actually gives the package to UPS in time. I also haven't gotten an official shipping email from newegg yet but it looks like they are shipping this on time.
Where do you live? They barely ship anything to me from their NJ warehouse anymore so if it comes from TN that's 3 days for me and from CA that's 4-5---assuming it is sent by standard (egg saver) shipping.

Sometimes with items like this from Newegg I'm better off waiting until release day so that I can select shoprunner 2day shipping. Consider yourself lucky though I don't know anyone who orders something Wednesday after business hours and gets if Friday from Newegg w/ any of the standard shipping methods unless they live near a warehouse

I prefer the XL over the regular one, that being said.... stop wearing skinny jeans. >_<
Please. I am nowhere close to being the proper weight to wear skinny jeans.

What makes you want it? Do you have a 3ds XL already?
I don't want a 3DSXL but I do like the design and that its white on the interior.

I'm rather tempted to buy one to resell down the line, but I don't like being evil.

I expect this one to be rarer than the Pokemon, Link Between Worlds, and Mario and Luigi XL systems.

I doubt it's going to be as rare as the Pikachu and Animal Crossing ones, but it's possible.

Where did you hear 2-4 units per store? Also, the simple demand for these will never come close to the demand of pikachu.. not saying it could shoot up like animal crossing, but there is no doubt Pikachu will hold the most long term value of any 3ds, like the SP version

Meh. Yoshi is not as popular as Pikachu and Nintendo seems to be in a pattern of releasing these "limited edition" 3DSXLs now, so I doubt demand is what it was in the Pikachu era before Animal Crossing, Luigi, etc...I think it will still sell out and probably go for more than MSRP on Ebay down the road, but I don't think this will sell out day one.

i preordered one from toysrus.com and they just sent me an email saying it's backordered..  even though they will still let you buy it online.. anyone else get an email like this?

bread's done
Back