Toys R Us Cyber Monday Video Game Deals - Not Much Here :(

Oh boy, wii games! :D

But that is the best price I've seen for Halo 3 w/ the cat helment, for those who have not picked up the game yet.

wow, that's a nice price on halo 3 legendary, but is all the extra stuff it comes with worth it? i don't have halo 3 yet so that seems like a good deal for me..

[quote name='Young Deezy']Why is no one excited about the Guitar Hero guitar being only $10??!??!?!?![/QUOTE]

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a bazillion plastic guitars floating around my house at this point, not to mention all of the other plastic game music maker things (drums, taiko, turntable, pop 'n' music controller, and so forth) sitting here. So, while I'm sure it's a great deal for some, I feel that it's probably just a ten dollar investment in clutter for a lot of others.

I'm trying to buy Pro Evolution Soccer for the Wii, and when I add it to my cart it claims its out of stock, even though every other page says it is in stock...

Meh!

[quote name='Young Deezy']Why is no one excited about the Guitar Hero guitar being only $10??!??!?!?![/quote]

Maybe because it was this price at both TRU and CC on Friday and Saturday. This "Cyber Monday deal" is deja vu all over again.

Yeah, not much in the way of greatness there, but I do think a good number of them are decent enough for stocking-stuffers. Even so, shipping kills any kind of real savings.

Personally, I really like BestBuy's in-store pickup service. Even Wal-Mart offers something roughly similar where you can buy something and have it shipped free to your local store to pick up. I haven't done this since the site states (I think) up to 10 days for the order to arrive, and I have no idea if there's even a wait if it's actually in stock or not - the site's not clear. Still, nice to know it's an option.

Ugh, way longer post than I expected to write, but the bottom line is that TRU would get more of my money if they offered this kind of service. Knowing that I can shop online and take advantage of deals and just pick up my order and go would be great. Then again, TRU's have probably the worst consistency when it comes to what games are actually in stock or even part of their usual stock. I know some games are older or sell differently in different regions, but c'mon :D I guess they'd have to fix that before they could even attempt such a service (not slagging them off, just wishing, that's all :D).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']This is awesome.[/quote]

:cry: OOS

[quote name='Young Deezy']Why is no one excited about the Guitar Hero guitar being only $10??!??!?!?![/quote]

IMO way better on CC when I ordered 2 + Dead Rising for 30 bucks total giving me free shipping.

For this if you order two it's like 30 bucks with shipping.
Ughh.

Thank god I missed the Hottopic Halo 3 deal, I now can get the cat helmet one for less than a regular edition. And I won't feel guilty supporting emo vampires while at it.

[quote name='sunghost']wow, that's a nice price on halo 3 legendary, but is all the extra stuff it comes with worth it? i don't have halo 3 yet so that seems like a good deal for me..[/quote]

If you've held out this long and through all the deals where it was a fraction of what most of us paid for it, I can't see you needing/wanting the extras, unless you just became a Halo fan.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']$20 for the first Scene It with the controllers is excellent. Great party game[/quote]

If you didn't get it at Target, here's your chance. Plus you're ready for when the sequel drops and you can get game only.

The only purchase I'd consider is Bioshock after I traded in my used copy since I bought it for the same price months ago. Otherwise... yeah. TRU fails us. ;(

Grr. Bought that stupid Barbie Wii game online from Circuit City for $15 for a Christmas gift. Could have saved $5.

[quote name='shinryuu']Darn, really wanted to use my TRU credit from the B2G1. Bioshock and Scene It? look tempting at 20 though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lVlasterchief']Scene It! for 20 bucks doesn't sound that bad. Kinda missed out on the Target clearance.[/QUOTE]

Scene It's a lot of fun. I played it over Thanksgiving, and even my MOM later mentioned she wondered about playing it again. The second one is supposed to be better, and the interface was weird (I couldn't figure out how to be logged in for some reason, so it didn't save my data...I guess save games on the 360 are tied to your account?...and maybe that was NXE related?) But at any rate it's fun. Kind of short games though. Even the "long" game took less than an hour I think.

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago for $40, and can't say I regret it...I mean aside from it being half that now...

[quote name='Rig']Nothing for me here, either.

Doesn't one of these places want my money today?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see anything for me either. Scene It and Bioshock are two of the best deals, but I own both. And no Playstation games is lame too.

[quote name='turls']If you've held out this long and through all the deals where it was a fraction of what most of us paid for it, I can't see you needing/wanting the extras, unless you just became a Halo fan.[/quote]
I always wanted the extras but no way in hell did I want to pay $120, and when I found out there was a ton. I knew I could bide my time. I like Halo, but I'm not diehard. I just really like the cat helmet, and maybe the cutscenes dvd also.

[quote name='Derrick1979']That Halo 3 LEgendary Collection is $29.99 B&M at EB/Gamestop[/quote]
Not the whole thing

bread's done
Back