Toys R Us sale ($10.00 bin is now $5.00)

PROLIFE333

CAG Veteran
I just got back from Toys R us and got Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) for $5.00. They were all in a little bin with a 10.00 sign on it. When I checked out...I was told that they are now 5.00. I dont know if this is every store...but it is worth checking out.

I saw...from what I remember.

Jade Empire (Special Edition) (Xbox)
Metroid Pinball (DS)
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (Xbox)
The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

There were some more, but they were stacked on top of each other. I didnt feel like knocking over a bunch of games in the middle of Toys R Us.:lol:

Hmm, the chances of most other CAGs finding any of these are very slim. I know I checked all local stores last week, and there was absolutely nothing worth picking up (even for $5.00).

[quote name='Milquetoast']I wonder if the $5 games have gone down too. I'd pay $2.50 for Polarium :D[/QUOTE]

And, does this mean the $20 clearance games may have dropped to $10?

Must be a YMMV thing. Just called the store that I bought Virtua Tennis from yesterday and had them do a price check. Still $10.

guna check this out tomorrow. i did find jade empire last week. thanks op.

edit: as ironic as it seems, just read this on kotaku.com

http://kotaku.com/gaming/this-day-in-gaming/this-day-in-gaming-april-12th-251665.php

This Day in Gaming.. April 12th, 2005

: Microsoft releases Jade Empire for Xbox in the US. It goes on to become the IGN's Xbox Game of the Year, proving that stepping outside the D&D universe for just a moment can be successful for Bioware.

wow. 2 years later the game is now $5 at TRU

Wouldn't mind picking up Jade Empire. I might be going to TRU anyways to pick up Sonic Mega Collection Plus/Sonic Heroes pack.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Yeah they had this bin near me to, a big bin of suck but I did find a Pokemon Fire Red original version for GBA for $5 with adaptor.[/quote]

lucky

damn, i would love DoS for 5 bucks.

Is this sale supposed to be a slap to everyone who participated in the "buy 1 get 1 free on games 10 bucks and below"? The sale that had a limited hours time frame?

Now you can get the games individually for $5! YMMV.

If TRU is trying to slap people, I'm liking this new deal.:cool:

I wonder if there is anything left after the BOGO deal last weekend.....I wouldn't mind picking up some of those copies of The Warriors (ps2) for trade-fodder :) It'd be cool if they still had Virtua Tennis too :eek:

I'd buy Gunstar Super Heroes for $5.

Aeon Flux is worth $5, probably worth $10 if you found Bloodrayne palatable. It ain't spectacular, but it is good quality.

BloodRayne like BulletWitch is more for T&A than anything else. I wouldn't buy BloodRayne for $5; BulletWich is another matter!!!

you could get gunstar for $5 if you use the bestbuy coupon it's currently $10 over here in Union City BestBuy!!!

[quote name='oni-link']BloodRayne like BulletWitch is more for T&A than anything else. I wouldn't buy BloodRayne for $5; BulletWich is another matter!!![/quote]

Well, I found it an enjoyable action diversion, beyond the bewbies factor.

[quote name='phear3d']guna check this out tomorrow. i did find jade empire last week. thanks op.

edit: as ironic as it seems, just read this on kotaku.com

http://kotaku.com/gaming/this-day-in-gaming/this-day-in-gaming-april-12th-251665.php

This Day in Gaming.. April 12th, 2005

: Microsoft releases Jade Empire for Xbox in the US. It goes on to become the IGN's Xbox Game of the Year, proving that stepping outside the D&D universe for just a moment can be successful for Bioware.

wow. 2 years later the game is now $5 at TRU[/QUOTE]

My store had none of these when the game originally dropped, but I did snag one that randomly showed up about 2 months ago.

[quote name='oni-link']I wouldn't buy BloodRayne for $5. . .[/QUOTE]

I've bought both Bloodrayne 1 & 2 for $5 new over the years and been quite content with what I got for my money.

I think most of those games are worth $5. Too bad I already have most of them.

My copy of Gunstar is cart only tho, so I may upgrade that if I see it.

Damn I was just at a TRU on Wednesday, if they had dropped them then I would have picked up Trace Memory for the DS for $5.

Metroid Pinball is well worth the $5 if you can find it. It's a fun game that's deeper than I thought it would be, plus you get a rumble pack.

This is very YMMV. While some games did drop, the few discussed so far are still ~$10. This also includes Ultimate Spider-Man for Xbox.

I dont think I'm even gonna bother, anything good at this point has to be cleaned out.

[quote name='shajek']This is very YMMV. While some games did drop, the few discussed so far are still ~$10. This also includes Ultimate Spider-Man for Xbox.[/quote]

Agreed. I went to Midtown Manhattan TRU and scanned every $10 I could find, and they were all still $10.

[quote name='Segasonic01']my TRU in Tampa had GRAW: limited Edition (Xbox) & trace Memory for $5.[/QUOTE]
Well this confirms its YMMV cause I scanned a Trace at $9.98

I was surprised to find Suikoden V at the Toms River, NJ TRU for $27.98. Decent deal, I think.

Unfortunately, all of the games in the $10 bin still had $10 stickers, save for Polarium, which is $5. I should have checked just to make sure the $10 games weren't marked incorrectly.

I picked up a copy of samurai Champloo for ps2 @ $5.00 I wonder if its any good? (the easy answer would be to open and play it, but where is the fun in that?)

bread's done
Back