Toys R Us weekly ad 11/25 to 12/1

LouieT

CAGiversary!
Paper ad this week.

Hardware deals:

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 Kinect bundle for $249.99, get the :360: Air Flo controller for free.

:ds: Buy any DSi, get :ds: Lego Battles Ninjago for free.

:3ds: Buy either a 3DS for $169.99 or 3DS XL for $199.99, get either :3ds: Style Savvy Trendsetters or :3ds: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask for $10.

30% Off all controller charging stations. Chargers shown in ad:
:360: Nyko Charge Station S $20.99
:ps3: Nyko Charge Base 3 $20.99
:wii: Nyko Charge Station Dual $13.99

:360: Kinect sensor $99.99

:360: Buy the Kinect sensor, get a 3-month Xbox Live Gold card for $12.49.

Game deals:

Buy 3 for $35 on all video games priced between $14.99 to $19.99

Buy any 2 for $35:
:ds: Ben 10 Omniverse
:ds: Big Time Rush
:ds: Bratz Fashion Boutique
:ds: Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends
:ds: Lego Lord of the Rings
:ds: Mama's Combo Pack Volume 2
:ds: Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze
:ds: Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park
:ds: Poptropica Adventures
:ds: Power Rangers Samurai
:ds: Thundercats
:ds: Transformers Prime
:ds: Victorious: Taking the Lead
:ds: Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party
:ds: Wreck-It Ralph

:wii: & WiiU: Buy either Epic Mickey 2 or Just Dance 4 for :wii: or WiiU, get any :wii: or WiiU game at 50% off.

:360::ps3: Buy either :360::ps3: Black Ops 2, :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed 3, or :360: Halo 4 for $59.99, get any :360: or :ps3: game at 50% off.

:3ds: Buy either :3ds: Paper Mario Sticker Star or :3ds: Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for $39.99, get any :3ds: game at 50% off.

Skylanders deals:

Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free on all Skylanders Spyro's Adventures single character action figure packs.

Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off all Skylanders Giants figures and accessories.

:360::ps3::wii::3ds: & WiiU: Skylanders Giants starter pack $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rant']I do not think best buy will match b1g1 offers but I could be wrong.

My store was actually putting all stars out while I was there so either they are slack when it comes to stocking the shelves or they sold out and just got some copies back in. :)[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy price matched and I was able to get Epic Mickey 2 (Wii U) and New Super Mario Bros U for 90 bucks. The gaming area guy called a supervisor over and he just said to "take care of me" Very nice! :lol:

[quote name='matchu']ScribblenautsU is at Target for $39.99 starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Phooey, it was half of my B1G140% deal last week. Had I known and gotten Scribblenauts and Sonic Racing this week I would have saved like $10. Ah well, not worth splitting hairs over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I shouldn't have gotten Nintendo Select Zelda now knowing this 3 for 35 deal. Oh well, I just got caught up the Black Friday rush at Wal-mart.

They have alot of great deals on there if you're willing to slog through all 100 pages. I was close to pulling the trigger on Darksiders, Force Unleashed 2 and Dark Souls but it wasn't giving the correct discount and was charging me 10 too much. Again, lots of great deals but not quite as good as the Microsoft one.

The site apparently is prioritizing certain offers over others.
B1 select $20 title G1 select for $1 > B1G1 60%off > B3 for $35 is what it seemed to be for me.

I ended up combining B1G1 for $1 & 3 for $35.

Professor Layton + Dark Souls + 3 Hello Kitty titles for the kid = $57.61 tax included and got free shipping. Comes out to about $11.50 per game. :bouncy:

Also the game it charged me full price on was Dark Souls in case you are questioning the math.

[quote name='TooPoor']3 for 35 would be great if the TRU "value game" stock didn't suck so much. How would I get the games I want? Ship to store and return and rebuy?[/QUOTE]

I had no problem ordering my three online, and got free shipping because I used a TRU MC. (Shipping was almost $10 otherwise, which might spoiled it for me.)

Heroes of Ruin for 3DS is on sale for $19.99 and qualified. Also got Jak & Daxter: Final Frontier for PSP and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. Worked out to less than $12 per item after tax.

FYI,
I just tried to purcvhase Epic Mickey WiiU & Skylanders Giants WiiU and the 50% off would not work. Ad says 50% off ALL WiiU games. Anyone else have luck?

They probably list skylanders giants starter pack as something differently. Walmart matched the wiiu skylander starter set for us the other day when they all were $39 or so.. ;)

In the paper circular, the Epic Mickey 2 / Just Dance deal says get ANY Wii U or Wii game 50% off. But online, the deal only lists SELECT Wii/Wii U games, and they're not including most of the big ticket Wii U games on their online eligible list.

Yeah something very strange is going on with this buy 1 game get the 2nd game 50 percent off..I put in the Epic Mickey 2 Wii U game that is required for the percentage off..but when I put in another game(New Super Mario Bros Wii U) it doesnt take anything off..so I am on hold with Toys R Us now..what is weird is that yesterday it did the promotion and today it does not..so dont know what is going on. I prefer doing this order in store but if they are changing the promotion that would be kind of a sleazy thing to do since the promotion is supposed to last all week

Edit: I just talked to Toys R Us online..seems they are having some technical issues, so in the next few hrs they will be updating their site..when you buy the selected Wii U Game mentioned you get 50 percent off ANY Wii U game so they will be updating that

This is probably already posted somewhere, but just figured I'd pass it along (if anyone missed it!)

Spend 10$ for the Groupon, get 20$ at Toys R Us! It's limited to one each, though.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]http://www.groupon.com/deals/gd-toys-r-us-november?utm_campaign=UserReferral_dp&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu37778356[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gd-toys-r-us-november?ab=o&c=all&p=0

(the first link is for a referral link, or something, for me; I also provided the link that I don't get a referral with; or just go to Groupon to find it! :)
)

(if this isn't allowed to be posted here, please delete! )

[quote name='APreciousDragon']This is probably already posted somewhere, but just figured I'd pass it along (if anyone missed it!)

Spend 10$ for the Groupon, get 20$ at Toys R Us! It's limited to one each, though.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]http://www.groupon.com/deals/gd-toys-r-us-november?utm_campaign=UserReferral_dp&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu37778356[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gd-toys-r-us-november?ab=o&c=all&p=0

(the first link is for a referral link, or something, for me; I also provided the link that I don't get a referral with; or just go to Groupon to find it! :)
)

(if this isn't allowed to be posted here, please delete! )
[/QUOTE]

And this works for video games? I just bring this into my local toys r us and they will take off the 20 bucks? Can this also be used when I price match with target since they have scribblenauts and epic mickey 2 for cheaper

Combined my groupon and picked up epic Mickey 2 with Zombi U 50% off. Haven't played the first epic Mickey and missed out on that $8 sale Best Buy had but still a fantastic deal that was hard to pass up especially with the groupon.

[quote name='thegame956']So it's no longer buy a select ps3/xbox game an get any game half off?[/QUOTE]

I'd wait a few more hours, people were exploiting the site (or taking advantages of glitches) that allowed you to either buy two of the qualifying titles with no additional titles for $29.99 each (like Halo 4 + AC3 for $60 combined) or buying one qualifying title and getting Halo 4 Limited Edition for $49 and Skyrim Collectors Edition for 50% off. They've stopped people from doing this and in the process have broken the sale completely - they'll fix it.

I worked yesterday (though only in electronics for a few minutes) but saw no signs up for the 3 for $35. I might have found a use for my groupon.

Very strange how toys r us has NOT fixed their site as far as the buy the epic mickey 2 and get the 2nd game for 50 percent off its still showing it at full price. I would get the groupon and spend the 10 bucks on that but if they are not going to fix this issue I am kind of hesitant to do it

Interesting. I know last year when they did the 2 for $25 deal on fairly new games still like Black Ops and Portal people abused the he out of it and they stopped it completely. Wonder if they will do the same for this?

[quote name='lakerfanalways']And this works for video games? I just bring this into my local toys r us and they will take off the 20 bucks? Can this also be used when I price match with target since they have scribblenauts and epic mickey 2 for cheaper[/QUOTE]

It says video games on the actual groupon, so, yep! :)

If you go into the store, you don't even need a print copy. I just show my groupons using my phone. (pull it up and show it to them). Haven't had a chance to use mine with this one, yet, but that's how it works everywhere else. I think you can only buy the groupon for another day, or so? Then you can use it until Christmas. I'm almost positive you can't pricematch a groupon (anywhere), lol!

[quote name='APreciousDragon']
It says video games on the actual groupon, so, yep! :)

If you go into the store, you don't even need a print copy. I just show my groupons using my phone. (pull it up and show it to them). Haven't had a chance to use mine with this one, yet, but that's how it works everywhere else. I think you can only buy the groupon for another day, or so? Then you can use it until Christmas. I'm almost positive you can't pricematch a groupon (anywhere), lol!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!! What I meant is that at target the scribblenauts and epic mickey 2 game are each 10 bucks off so when I go to toys r us I was going to price match it..and was wondering if I could use the groupon alongside the price matching?
Also something very strange is going on at toys r us web site..they are claiming that its only for SELECT Wii U games that we can get 50 percent off from yet on the last page of their OWN ad it shows ANY Wii U game(After you get Epic Mickey 2) so what the heck is going on..that's false advertising..they are going against their own advertisement

Picked up Dark Souls, Lego Pirates and LOTR:WitN for $16.33 after groupon coupon. Comes out to $8.78 per game, I'm satisfied with that :). Too bad I couldn't find Shadows of the Damned.

Went to local store, they were out of NSMB2 and paper mario sticker which were the games I wanted. I saw the deal was online. Let this be a warning. I placed my order for both games.

Toys R Us's genius website then proceeds to place the order, determine that NSMB2 is out of stock, delete it from my order, and instead revert paper mario to full price, add $5 shipping, AND not allow me to cancel!! I spent an hour on hold/on the phone with them to find the best they would do is refund the $5 shipping and put a note in the file that I can call and order mario bros at half price when it is in stock.

This is terrible terrible service for this day and age and I will never be using their website again.

[quote name='crax']Went to local store, they were out of NSMB2 and paper mario sticker which were the games I wanted. I saw the deal was online. Let this be a warning. I placed my order for both games.

Toys R Us's genius website then proceeds to place the order, determine that NSMB2 is out of stock, delete it from my order, and instead revert paper mario to full price, add $5 shipping, AND not allow me to cancel!! I spent an hour on hold/on the phone with them to find the best they would do is refund the $5 shipping and put a note in the file that I can call and order mario bros at half price when it is in stock.

This is terrible terrible service for this day and age and I will never be using their website again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Toys R Us web site has been horrendous..they dont even honor their own advertisement online as far as the buy 1 wii U game get the 2nd one 50 percent off..so tomorrow when best buy officially goes back to price matching I am going to price match toys r us games through them and pick it up..at least with best buy they allow price matching for 30 days after you order something

Had Toys 'R' Us pricematch Target's $39.99 for Scribblenauts and then used the Groupon deal to get it for $21.xx out the door. Awesome deal!

Guy had to do a price adjustment, rather than a match, in order to get the $20 Groupon to work with the $20 match. I did make sure to swing by Target first and grab their ad, which the guy asked for, but maybe they'd do an online pricematch.

[quote name='crax']Went to local store, they were out of NSMB2 and paper mario sticker which were the games I wanted. I saw the deal was online. Let this be a warning. I placed my order for both games.

This is terrible terrible service for this day and age and I will never be using their website again.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Shouldnt the site cancel the order since they couldnt complete the order package? For some reason, I dont think they will give u half off when its restocked unless it happens this week during the promotion.

I called my local Toys R Us at Porter Ranch, they said they would be able to PM Epic Mickey 2 & Scribblenauts Unlimited along with the B1G1. I don't know if it's worth it though, haven't heard good things about Epic Mickey 2. :cry:

While waiting for Toys R Us to fix the buy 1 get 1 50% off deal on their website, the $25 off $150 Mastercard promotion seems to have expired. And on top of that, the 6% Ebates cash back will most likely drop to 2% shortly now that Cyber Monday is over. I was planning to do the deal twice, once for Epic Mickey 2 on Wii U, and once for Epic Mickey 2 on 3DS. So that's over $30 in deals that I lost out on thanks to Toys R Us screwing up their website. I waited on hold for over 30 minutes without anyone picking up. , so I'm giving up on Toys R Us.

[quote name='Kaliyah']I'd wait a few more hours, people were exploiting the site (or taking advantages of glitches) that allowed you to either buy two of the qualifying titles with no additional titles for $29.99 each (like Halo 4 + AC3 for $60 combined) or buying one qualifying title and getting Halo 4 Limited Edition for $49 and Skyrim Collectors Edition for 50% off. They've stopped people from doing this and in the process have broken the sale completely - they'll fix it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think to look at the special editions of games cuz I don't care for them, but the ironic thing is that glitch doesn't even get you any good deals on regular edition games. They were all still cheaper on BF and/or can be bought at cheaper prices.

[quote name='sasuke543']I called my local Toys R Us at Porter Ranch, they said they would be able to PM Epic Mickey 2 & Scribblenauts Unlimited along with the B1G1. I don't know if it's worth it though, haven't heard good things about Epic Mickey 2. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Who in Porter Ranch did you talk to? The one near my house(In West LA) said they would not do that so would be nice to give them that info to get the price match + the 50 percent off..yeah I havent heard good things about Epic Mickey 2 either but who knows, maybe for the Wii U its better..it has good reviews on amazon

[quote name='lakerfanalways']Who in Porter Ranch did you talk to? The one near my house(In West LA) said they would not do that so would be nice to give them that info to get the price match + the 50 percent off..yeah I havent heard good things about Epic Mickey 2 either but who knows, maybe for the Wii U its better..it has good reviews on amazon[/QUOTE]

I spoke with Julie or Julia, sounds the same anyways. But yeah is there any way I could exchange epic mickey 2 for a game I would rather play? the reviews on amazon are based off two customers. one customer didn't even play it haha.

[quote name='sasuke543']I spoke with Julie or Julia, sounds the same anyways. But yeah is there any way I could exchange epic mickey 2 for a game I would rather play? the reviews on amazon are based off two customers. one customer didn't even play it haha.[/QUOTE]

yeah I have to call my local TRU and see if they would do the same, otherwise I will just do the price matching at best buy..at least I know over there they do it, but I dont know if they would combine price match + 50 percent off would have to see. I was going to purchase the groupon but I dont want to be stuck with it if TRU wont do the price match..The reviews on Epic Mickey 2 have been kind of bad maybe thats why they are doing to promotion, that way your stuck and you have to get it.

[quote name='sasuke543']I spoke with Julie or Julia, sounds the same anyways. But yeah is there any way I could exchange epic mickey 2 for a game I would rather play? the reviews on amazon are based off two customers. one customer didn't even play it haha.[/QUOTE]

MV5BMzA4NjA2NjI2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTEzNzI2Mg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Why aren't people posting the best $19.99 games for the Buy 3 for $35 sale? I've only seen Heroes of Ruin and Dark Souls mentioned.

[quote name='bobphone']Why aren't people posting the best $19.99 games for the Buy 3 for $35 sale? I've only seen Heroes of Ruin and Dark Souls mentioned.[/QUOTE]

excellent question. I was planning on picking up Ratchet and Clank FFA and two others tomorrow, looking to hear some suggestions.

We looke dtoday, and after the last few day's worth of deals, I couldn't find 3 titles we wanted in the price range for either ps3 or wii.

So instead, I used the groupon on rayman origins ps3, and grabbed a $50 eraser thing so the total would be over the $20 requirement.

Rayman Origins for $10 was a great deal, IMHO.

[quote name='bobphone']Why aren't people posting the best $19.99 games for the Buy 3 for $35 sale? I've only seen Heroes of Ruin and Dark Souls mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I posted in the groupon thread. Note RDR, LA Noire, and GTA are all included too (vanilla versions)

Here's my list of some of the games worth picking up with the groupon + 3 for $35.

Highly recommoned Singularity, one of my favorite games of all time.

AC: Brotherhood
Alice: Madness Returns
Batman AA GOTY
Bulletstorm
COD: MW
COD: WAW
Darksiders
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age: Origins UE
F3ar
Fable 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Homefront
Lego _____ (up to Pirates)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor
Mortal Kombat (vanilla)
NFS: Hot Pursuit
NFS: Shift
NFS: Shift 2
NFS: The Run
Otomedius Excellent
Rayman Origins
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Sonic All-Stars Racing (first one)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Star Wars Force Unleashed II
Super Street Fighter IV

Keep in mind that these games will come out between $8-9 each factoring in the groupon and tax in your area.

So, if I bought the 3DS XL for the $10 Layton, then returned the 3DS, what would happen? Would I get to keep the game for $10?

[quote name='lakerfanalways']yeah I have to call my local TRU and see if they would do the same, otherwise I will just do the price matching at best buy..at least I know over there they do it, but I dont know if they would combine price match + 50 percent off would have to see. I was going to purchase the groupon but I dont want to be stuck with it if TRU wont do the price match..The reviews on Epic Mickey 2 have been kind of bad maybe thats why they are doing to promotion, that way your stuck and you have to get it.[/QUOTE]

You would have to get a manager to override if you want to get a price match to work along with the bogo. The system will automatically void any sale attached to an item once its price gets changed. I would suggest you go in when it's busy and have patience.

[quote name='bobphone']Is it any $19.99 games? Wouldn't it work on the new Ratchet game that came out today, then?[/QUOTE]

Oh, thats a good question. I think I'll try that tomorrow.

[quote name='bobphone']Is it any $19.99 games? Wouldn't it work on the new Ratchet game that came out today, then?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if stores carry the game. My store didn't get any copies in.

[quote name='gotdott']Here's what I posted in the groupon thread. Note RDR, LA Noire, and GTA are all included too (vanilla versions)

Here's my list of some of the games worth picking up with the groupon + 3 for $35.

Highly recommoned Singularity, one of my favorite games of all time.

AC: Brotherhood
Alice: Madness Returns
Batman AA GOTY
Bulletstorm
COD: MW
COD: WAW
Darksiders
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age: Origins UE
F3ar
Fable 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Homefront
Lego _____ (up to Pirates)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor
Mortal Kombat (vanilla)
NFS: Hot Pursuit
NFS: Shift
NFS: Shift 2
NFS: The Run
Otomedius Excellent
Rayman Origins
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Sonic All-Stars Racing (first one)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Star Wars Force Unleashed II
Super Street Fighter IV

Keep in mind that these games will come out between $8-9 each factoring in the groupon and tax in your area.
[/QUOTE]

Dont forget sega ultimate collection. For some reason i want to rock old school street of rage.....unless they made this for the psp????

bread's done
Back