Toys R Us weekly ad 11/25 to 12/1

LouieT

CAGiversary!
Paper ad this week.

Hardware deals:

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 Kinect bundle for $249.99, get the :360: Air Flo controller for free.

:ds: Buy any DSi, get :ds: Lego Battles Ninjago for free.

:3ds: Buy either a 3DS for $169.99 or 3DS XL for $199.99, get either :3ds: Style Savvy Trendsetters or :3ds: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask for $10.

30% Off all controller charging stations. Chargers shown in ad:
:360: Nyko Charge Station S $20.99
:ps3: Nyko Charge Base 3 $20.99
:wii: Nyko Charge Station Dual $13.99

:360: Kinect sensor $99.99

:360: Buy the Kinect sensor, get a 3-month Xbox Live Gold card for $12.49.

Game deals:

Buy 3 for $35 on all video games priced between $14.99 to $19.99

Buy any 2 for $35:
:ds: Ben 10 Omniverse
:ds: Big Time Rush
:ds: Bratz Fashion Boutique
:ds: Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends
:ds: Lego Lord of the Rings
:ds: Mama's Combo Pack Volume 2
:ds: Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze
:ds: Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park
:ds: Poptropica Adventures
:ds: Power Rangers Samurai
:ds: Thundercats
:ds: Transformers Prime
:ds: Victorious: Taking the Lead
:ds: Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party
:ds: Wreck-It Ralph

:wii: & WiiU: Buy either Epic Mickey 2 or Just Dance 4 for :wii: or WiiU, get any :wii: or WiiU game at 50% off.

:360::ps3: Buy either :360::ps3: Black Ops 2, :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed 3, or :360: Halo 4 for $59.99, get any :360: or :ps3: game at 50% off.

:3ds: Buy either :3ds: Paper Mario Sticker Star or :3ds: Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for $39.99, get any :3ds: game at 50% off.

Skylanders deals:

Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free on all Skylanders Spyro's Adventures single character action figure packs.

Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off all Skylanders Giants figures and accessories.

:360::ps3::wii::3ds: & WiiU: Skylanders Giants starter pack $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Took advantage of the Groupon and snagged JD4 and ZombiU at half price. Returned JD4 a few minutes later and picked up Mickey and TTT2.

While I had a cover story, I was still met with a "Very clever, sir" at the cash register.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Took advantage of the Groupon and snagged JD4 and ZombiU at half price. Returned JD4 a few minutes later and picked up Mickey and TTT2.

While I had a cover story, I was still met with a "Very clever, sir" at the cash register.[/QUOTE]

So you can do this and then keep the other game at half price? If so I might do this for NSMBU.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Took advantage of the Groupon and snagged JD4 and ZombiU at half price. Returned JD4 a few minutes later and picked up Mickey and TTT2.

While I had a cover story, I was still met with a "Very clever, sir" at the cash register.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so if I use Groupon on B1G1 50% off, then return the full-price game, I'll get refunded the entire cost of the full-price?

[quote name='Sakura3210']Wait, so if I use Groupon on B1G1 50% off, then return the full-price game, I'll get refunded the entire cost of the full-price?[/QUOTE]

Seems too good to be true

My TRU didn't have Red Dead vanilla, Uncharted 3, or the new Ratchet like I wanted. I ended up picking up Rayman Origins, and two copies of Dark Souls. I might give Dark Souls away to a buddy who just got a PS3 or I might sell it and hope to make back a good chunk of the $25 I spend overall.

[quote name='Sakura3210']Wait, so if I use Groupon on B1G1 50% off, then return the full-price game, I'll get refunded the entire cost of the full-price?[/QUOTE]
When you do b1g1 50% off without a groupon, you would just get $45 back for each game. I have no idea if the calculations change when you use a groupon.

Very nice. The big box stores out in Chicago are pretty hardcore about not letting that stuff slide. I just wish they would have stuck with the B1G140 so I wouldn't have to feel like I was gaming them. To add insult to injury I picked up Scribblenauts on launch day after debating between that and ZombiU and then the Target Sale happened. TRU and I need to fix our dysfunctional relationship.

[quote name='Snake Eater']Seems too good to be true[/QUOTE]

Was too good to be true. Receipt shows that the refund will be -$20 (in other words, the coupon becomes worthless).

Also the 3ds $10 Layton deal was not good in my store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sakura3210']Was too good to be true. Receipt shows that the refund will be -$20 (in other words, the coupon becomes worthless).

Also the 3ds $10 Layton deal was not good in my store.[/QUOTE]

From what I read at work, if you return something that a groupon was used on, you will receive the value of the groupon in store credit, on top of what you paid for the original purchase.

[quote name='prim4444']From what I read at work, if you return something that a groupon was used on, you will receive the value of the groupon in store credit, on top of what you paid for the original purchase.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the coupon was split in two - $6.66 went to the 50%off game, and $13.34 went to the full price one. So what happens if I return the full price only?

[quote name='Sakura3210']The thing is, the coupon was split in two - $6.66 went to the 50%off game, and $13.34 went to the full price one. So what happens if I return the full price only?[/QUOTE]

you'll get 13.34 in credit, that's what my store does

My problem with the B1G1 50% off deal was that it was limited to Wii/WiiU or 360/PS3. I wanted Halo 4 and NSMBU so I was kind of screwed. So picked up Just Dance 4 and NSBMU, used the groupon $20 coupon, then complained to the manager that I Halo 4 instead of JD4 and that they were both $59.99 retail so she was nice enough to override the sale. So I walked out with Halo 4 and NSMBU for $75

Bought 2 DS games (super scribblenauts and Zelda spirit tracks-the latter was on clearance) for Xmas presents, then ended up picking epic mickey for wii to qualify for the 3 for 35 plus groupon. All the discounts applied before tax so the total was just under $27. I may keep the wii game but could trade in (currently 7.75 on amazon) and still have paid less than $10 each for the DS games. Thanks, CAG community!

[quote name='gotdott']Here's what I posted in the groupon thread. Note RDR, LA Noire, and GTA are all included too (vanilla versions)

Here's my list of some of the games worth picking up with the groupon + 3 for $35.

Highly recommoned Singularity, one of my favorite games of all time.

AC: Brotherhood
Alice: Madness Returns
Batman AA GOTY
Bulletstorm
COD: MW
COD: WAW
Darksiders
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age: Origins UE
F3ar
Fable 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Homefront
Lego _____ (up to Pirates)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor
Mortal Kombat (vanilla)
NFS: Hot Pursuit
NFS: Shift
NFS: Shift 2
NFS: The Run
Otomedius Excellent
Rayman Origins
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Shadows of the Damned
Singularity
Sonic All-Stars Racing (first one)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Star Wars Force Unleashed II
Super Street Fighter IV

Keep in mind that these games will come out between $8-9 each factoring in the groupon and tax in your area.
[/QUOTE]

A bunch of these games are 14.98 on the Toys R Us website. Are they 1 cent more in the store or did they lower these games below 14.99 so they couldn't be apart of the buy 3 for $35?

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']A bunch of these games are 14.98 on the Toys R Us website. Are they 1 cent more in the store or did they lower these games below 14.99 so they couldn't be apart of the buy 3 for $35?[/QUOTE]

LOTR:WiN was labeled as 14.98 in my store but it rang up fine

My TRU (Salisbury, MD) had four white Wii U's in stock as of about 11am or so... just thought I'd post here in case people are still looking and around the area.

[quote name='gotdott']LOTR:WiN was labeled as 14.98 in my store but it rang up fine[/QUOTE]

Tried to get Deus Ex, LOTR: WiN and FF XIII-2 and no go :cry: . They said because the games were below 14.99 it wouldn't work. Then a woman tried to come over and override the price but she couldn't do it. I don't think she was a manager and I probably would have called for one but I was on a lunch break.

[quote name='bobphone']Anyone found the new Ratchet yet?[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen this yet. I am going to a different TRU tonight than the one I went to earlier, but the way that they reduced a bunch of their games to $14.98 just before this sale I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing copies of this R&C FFA appearing once the sale is over.

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Tried to get Deus Ex, LOTR: WiN and FF XIII-2 and no go :cry: . They said because the games were below 14.99 it wouldn't work. Then a woman tried to come over and override the price but she couldn't do it. I don't think she was a manager and I probably would have called for one but I was on a lunch break.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, did they try scanning it at all rather than forcing an override? My cashier just scanned the games, it didn't look like she did anything special.

Edit: I can post my receipt later when I get home if you want to see if you can use that as proof to a manager

[quote name='gotdott']That sucks, did they try scanning it at all rather than forcing an override? My cashier just scanned the games, it didn't look like she did anything special.

Edit: I can post my receipt later when I get home if you want to see if you can use that as proof to a manager[/QUOTE]

If I can't get it to work at another store I may do that, but the first store I went to the people seemed like they didn't know what was going on. Thanks for the offer and I'll keep you posted.

I want this deal, two thing are stopping me...

1) Every game I want it downloadable off PSN, no disc, faster load times.

3) NFS Shift 2 isn't available locally (SFV/818) but on PSN

Only the Groupon Coupon makes it worth-while, $15 plus tax for three games... So I want in, but...

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']If I can't get it to work at another store I may do that, but the first store I went to the people seemed like they didn't know what was going on. Thanks for the offer and I'll keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

Went to a different store, the associate had to adjust the prices from $14.98 to $15.99 (not sure why $15.99 not $14.99 for some reason) which allowed the 3 for 35 sale + the groupon I got Deus Ex, Lord of the Rings War in the North and Final Fantasy Xiii-2 all for PS3 for 17.xx. Needless to say, I am happy.

[quote name='prim4444']From what I read at work, if you return something that a groupon was used on, you will receive the value of the groupon in store credit, on top of what you paid for the original purchase.[/QUOTE]

When I returned the Moga Game Controller I got the $20 from the Groupon back as well.

I bought Just Dance 4 and New Super Mario Bros U with a $20 groupon and $2 rewards certificate and it came out to $52.xx while showing the refund value for Just Dance 4 is $19.xx. So I can technically return Just Dance 4 and only pay $30 for New Super Mario Bros U but I don't plan on returning it since I did buy the Just Dance 4 as a gift for my niece but this may be good for others who only want to keep 1 game.

If it helps the Mario was rung up 1st then Just Dance 4.

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Went to a different store, the associate had to adjust the prices from $14.98 to $15.99 (not sure why $15.99 not $14.99 for some reason) which allowed the 3 for 35 sale + the groupon I got Deus Ex, Lord of the Rings War in the North and Final Fantasy Xiii-2 all for PS3 for 17.xx. Needless to say, I am happy.[/QUOTE]

glad it worked out for you, no reason for them to make a big deal over a penny

[quote name='gotdott']glad it worked out for you, no reason for them to make a big deal over a penny[/QUOTE]

so if games are $14.98, it doesnt do the 3 for $35 automatic?

[quote name='The Punisher']so if games are $14.98, it doesnt do the 3 for $35 automatic?[/QUOTE]

well it worked for me, but he needed it an override so i guess its ymmv. if you have issues just pm me and ill send you my receipt to show the manager

does anyone know if the uhhh

:360::ps3: Buy either :360: Halo 4 for $59.99, get any :360: or :ps3: game at 50% off.

will work on the Xbox Live Gold card??

like if i buy halo 4 can i get the 1 year subscription for 50% off???

bread's done
Back