Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

So do promotional game codes like those that come with graphics card promotions fall under the CD keys category? I have a Batman:AK code from a 980ti purchase I would love to trade for a witcher 3 steam key. I attempted to on the EVGA forums but ti violates their TOS.
People make those trades all the time. That game doesn't actually have a physical CD, so it's really a game code (falling under digital goods trade, like PSN or Xbox codes), not a CD key.

New addition to things you can't sell or trade:

* Games given out for review purposes

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the CAG Guide to Trading and Selling. This is also part of the FAQ found via the FAQ button at the top of every forum page. Chock full of great tips and best practices for making your trading at CAG as enjoyable as possible. Every CAGer is strongly encouraged to read the entire guide before beginning to trade, buy, or sell.

STOP! Have you really read the Trading FAQ? If not just go do it.
I don't know if it's just me, but neither of these links work. It just kicks me over to the homepage.

Is selling a pre-order allowed? I have the Juggernog edition pre-ordered from Amazon, am I allowed to "sell" it here? I can show proof and everything, and will change shipping address to the purchaser.

I don't know if it's just me, but neither of these links work. It just kicks me over to the homepage.
I think those links were from previous versions of CAG. Everything should be in the OP now.

Is selling a pre-order allowed? I have the Juggernog edition pre-ordered from Amazon, am I allowed to "sell" it here? I can show proof and everything, and will change shipping address to the purchaser.
Yes.

Edit: I was just told pre-orders are not allowed.

I don't want to make any waves, so I figured I'd ask first: would it be okay to make a topic for exchanging DLC codes for Smash Bros.?

For example, if one person only has the 3DS game and another only has the Wii U game, they could save money by buying different DLC codes for both games and trading them with each other.

I think those links were from previous versions of CAG. Everything should be in the OP now.

Yes.

Edit: I was just told pre-orders are not allowed.
I came here to ask this very question, as I have multiple pip boy editions of Fallout 4. I guess that answers my question, though I did read through the rules and I didn't see pre-orders anywhere.

i dont see it in OP: what if i left 2 feedback by accident on 1 trade? in the middle of leaving a FB i realized i put myself as buyer when i was a seller. while i was trying to change it it ended up giving the other party 2 FB. not that it was a big deal but it looks weird that i left him 2 identical FB but one as a buyer and one as a seller. who do i contact to delete one of them?

i dont see it in OP: what if i left 2 feedback by accident on 1 trade? in the middle of leaving a FB i realized i put myself as buyer when i was a seller. while i was trying to change it it ended up giving the other party 2 FB. not that it was a big deal but it looks weird that i left him 2 identical FB but one as a buyer and one as a seller. who do i contact to delete one of them?
I went ahead and deleted the extra feedback for you.

i sent some online codes first to a user with more feedback then me.  he wrote back that he had received from someone else and didn't use mine, but all three of them were used.  two of the codes were ecodes and the third i scratched off to email him, so i know 100% it wasn't compromised.  how does this get reported other than through feedback?  it was $125

People make those trades all the time. That game doesn't actually have a physical CD, so it's really a game code (falling under digital goods trade, like PSN or Xbox codes), not a CD key.
When talking about PSN and Xbox codes, are bonus items that add onto the game as DLC, that are packaged with the game on a voucher, Like the Alien Isolation dlc codes, exclusive costumes for day one editions, are those ok to sell as well? I do have some id like to put here for sale.

When talking about PSN and Xbox codes, are bonus items that add onto the game as DLC, that are packaged with the game on a voucher, Like the Alien Isolation dlc codes, exclusive costumes for day one editions, are those ok to sell as well? I do have some id like to put here for sale.
DLC codes packaged with a game are fine.

Just had someone back out of a trade. Is it ok to leave negative feedback for that? If it was a quick "Let's do it / wait I changed my mind" I'd let it be, but he went silent for days and ignored a message for days before finally confirming he backed out.

Quick question that I didn't see answered elsewhere (apologies if I missed it) -

What are the rules about "repro cartridges" of an English patch applied to a Japan-only game?

For instance, games like Seiken Densetsu 3 (SFC) and Radical Dreamers (SFC/BS) with an English patch applied and playable on a US SNES?

The bad traders list thread (its stickied) is locked, so im not sure where to post this so ill just post it here. I had sold a minecraft vita download code to a buyer here on CAG and he sent payment via paypal, so i gave him his code.He then hours later issues a chargeback to get his funds back and opens a dispute with me on paypal. Of course, I check to see if he redeemed the code for minecraft and he did. So yeah, beware of SEIF1520, scammer.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/507045-seif1520/

Is there anyway I can change my positive feedback on his profile to a negative?

The bad traders list thread (its stickied) is locked, so im not sure where to post this so ill just post it here. I had sold a minecraft vita download code to a buyer here on CAG and he sent payment via paypal, so i gave him his code.He then hours later issues a chargeback to get his funds back and opens a dispute with me on paypal. Of course, I check to see if he redeemed the code for minecraft and he did. So yeah, beware of SEIF1520, scammer.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/507045-seif1520/

Is there anyway I can change my positive feedback on his profile to a negative?
I removed the feedback you originally left for him so you can add a new one.

I removed the feedback you originally left for him so you can add a new one.
That user seems to received a couple more negative feedback since then, so probably a good idea to either trade ban him, or at least message him to see what is going on since he is currently still trying to buy digital things from other people.

Is anyone doing Happy Hour on that Indie Gala Yrminsul Bundle? Its currently in Happy Hour and would love if someone could help me out. 

Is there a place where we can post about horrible trade transactions that took place?  Been dealing with this kid I did a trade with on this site, and he has been nothing more than a complete pain in the ass.

I would love nothing more than to get his name out there for other Buyers/Sellers to see and let them know what a horrible experience I had.

It was just informed to me by another member that preorders aren't allowed for trade anymore. I've done successful trades involving preorders in the past, so I just wanted to clarify. I'm assuming the rule was added because of a few different reasons, being Paypal's dispute time-limit and the retailer canceling preorders. Personally, I tend avoid Paypal anyways and make it clear to my buyers that this is the case. I also don't ask for payment until close to the release of the item, and lastly if the retailer cancels the item after payment was issued, I would refund myself right away (never happened before). Selling as a preorder as opposed to waiting until release has a few benefits for both me as a seller, and the buyer. I don't up-charge my preorders to eBay prices, which tend to surpass 100 or even 200% of the item's original cost, and in order to keep the item cost's down, my shipping costs are free with preorders. Also involving shipping, many times the free shipping is Release day shipping. If I received the item and then sent it out, chances are it could take an extra week and I would have to tack on an extra $10 for shipping (cheapest being $9 via USPS for small items).

I just wanted to double check before I removed my listing. I also wouldn't mind charging until after the item shipped if the buyer has enough feedback. 

It was just informed to me by another member that preorders aren't allowed for trade anymore. I've done successful trades involving preorders in the past, so I just wanted to clarify. I'm assuming the rule was added because of a few different reasons, being Paypal's dispute time-limit and the retailer canceling preorders. Personally, I tend avoid Paypal anyways and make it clear to my buyers that this is the case. I also don't ask for payment until close to the release of the item, and lastly if the retailer cancels the item after payment was issued, I would refund myself right away (never happened before). Selling as a preorder as opposed to waiting until release has a few benefits for both me as a seller, and the buyer. I don't up-charge my preorders to eBay prices, which tend to surpass 100 or even 200% of the item's original cost, and in order to keep the item cost's down, my shipping costs are free with preorders. Also involving shipping, many times the free shipping is Release day shipping. If I received the item and then sent it out, chances are it could take an extra week and I would have to tack on an extra $10 for shipping (cheapest being $9 via USPS for small items).

I just wanted to double check before I removed my listing. I also wouldn't mind charging until after the item shipped if the buyer has enough feedback.
Read the first post. It's in red. You should have the item in hand before you attempt to sell it.

Read the first post. It's in red. You should have the item in hand before you attempt to sell it.
It's a shame because that's a lot of unnecessary shipping time and cost. If it's handled properly, which that user seems to do, it saves time and money for both parties involved. Instead of having it shipped directly to the buyer on release day, they would have to wait for me to get the item, get to the post office (which would probably be on a weekend), and ship out the game. On top of that, there will be an extra cost involved with the secondary shipment.

It's a shame because that's a lot of unnecessary shipping time and cost. If it's handled properly, which that user seems to do, it saves time and money for both parties involved. Instead of having it shipped directly to the buyer on release day, they would have to wait for me to get the item, get to the post office (which would probably be on a weekend), and ship out the game. On top of that, there will be an extra cost involved with the secondary shipment.
Sure, there are positives and negatives, but ultimately that's what we all agreed to do when we accepted the site TOS. That should be enough reason. If one does not like that restriction, they can sell somewhere it is permitted.

If it is within 7 days before launch date, you can list your pre-order for sale here. I have made adjustments to the OP with this info.

So I'm guessing there's still no way to access feedback on mobile? I gave a seller the direct link to my page and advised him it would work if he set his browser to a desktop view, but I guess he didn't want to do that or got sidetracked. 

Just for future reference, which takes precedent first?  The percentage of good feedback or just the total amount of positive feedback?

Just for future reference, which takes precedent first? The percentage of good feedback or just the total amount of positive feedback?
As CAG employs a three-strikes-you're-out rule, the first thing I'd do is look at the negatives if they have any. Then follow up by looking at the feedback they left the other party. Many CAGs, myself included, have so much feedback one or two negatives will still be 99% or close to it.

can we add to the rules of trading on this site. I have made offers to multiple people here for stuff that they are looking to 'trade" and/or have offered $$ as well and was willing to negotiate but yet they claim they still play the game/s so then why not just list them for reference so everyone wont waste their time. Sorry if rambling just frustrated

Maybe i am losing it, but, have these links moved, or need updating?

Read the CAG Guide to Trading and Selling. This is also part of the FAQ found via the FAQ button at the top of every forum page. Chock full of great tips and best practices for making your trading at CAG as enjoyable as possible. Every CAGer is strongly encouraged to read the entire guide before beginning to trade, buy, or sell.

STOP! Have you really read the Trading FAQ? If not just go do it.
i was just looking for info on creating a link to a "CML" / Trade List post, but couldn't get anywhere via these links

Apologies in advance if i've exhibited any stupidity

So I just bought the xbox one battlefield console. It came with a digital code for the game that I wont use because I already have it for playstation 4.

Am I correct in understanding that I can not sell it here because it's digital?

Sorry for the dumb question. I've been lurking here for a while, just never posted.

So I just bought the xbox one battlefield console. It came with a digital code for the game that I wont use because I already have it for playstation 4.

Am I correct in understanding that I can not sell it here because it's digital?

Sorry for the dumb question. I've been lurking here for a while, just never posted.
You can sell it.

Maybe it's in the guidelines or FAQs that I can't get to work, but is it against the rules to list items as in person trades only? I'm looking to sell two consoles and would prefer drop them off to someone that lives near me than pack them up and ship them. I guess I should just deal with the hassle but I figured I'd ask before listing in person trades if it's not allowed. I tried searching for posts to see if it was allowed but it looks like they're all 3+ years old so it seems like it could go either way.

Thanks

Maybe it's in the guidelines or FAQs that I can't get to work, but is it against the rules to list items as in person trades only? I'm looking to sell two consoles and would prefer drop them off to someone that lives near me than pack them up and ship them. I guess I should just deal with the hassle but I figured I'd ask before listing in person trades if it's not allowed. I tried searching for posts to see if it was allowed but it looks like they're all 3+ years old so it seems like it could go either way.

Thanks
I've seen CAG's list items to trade or sell only in person due to massive shipping costs (the reason shouldn't matter), and I have never noticed that this was against the rules in the FAQ or guidelines (I've read them both many times, but it's been a while. Since CAG 3.0, the links have been broken, though). I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, since it's not definitive, but I'm pretty sure this was allowed. If people started taking advantage of this scenario, and it became something CAG wanted to address for the safety of it's members, it would have been added after CAG 3.0 revision (you'll have to look up timeline for that, sorry. I don't remember when 3.0 was implemented, but I think it was 1.5 to 2 years ago?). You can PM a mod if you want a definitive answer, and need to list your items quicker than the responses will come here. Best of luck.

is there a mod i can contact about a trade issue?
Pookymeister is always your best bet nowadays.

Trakan also a good way to go.

I assume it has something to do with the negative you received for a transaction that never happened according to the feedback. So the question is, did he ever print any labels, or pay for shipping materials, or was it just a long negotiation that fell apart?

bread's done
Back