Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

no, i said i was interested,

he said send money F&F,

i said i'd prefer he send to me first since i had higher feedback,

he said he had higher feedback and referenced "likes",

i said replied back with each of our feedback and said i'd happily buy if he sent first,

he sent a diatribe about ebay, paypal buyer's protection, and how buyers always pay upfront and then later left negative feedback.

no, i said i was interested,

he said send money F&F,

i said i'd prefer he send to me first since i had higher feedback,

he said he had higher feedback and referenced "likes",

i said replied back with each of our feedback and said i'd happily buy if he sent first,

he sent a diatribe about ebay, paypal buyer's protection, and how buyers always pay upfront and then later left negative feedback.
In the end, no money exchanged hands, so there shouldn't be a feedback anyways.

I forwarded this to Pooky for you already, so just wait for the resolve.

I didn't see anything about this in the rules, but DO NOT trade with masterpdx from Portland, Oregon. We had started a deal in the Amiibo Deals and Discussion thread and moved it to PMs (https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/349995-amiibo-deals-and-discussion-thread/?p=13752342).

I sent my NIB Skyward Sword Link to him in perfect condition. He then sent me his NIB Twilight Princess Link (before the recent restocks ugh...) and the amiibo box was damaged. He has failed to respond to any of my messages requesting we return the amiibos and he has now blocked me. 

https://imgur.com/a/urFdd

EDIT: I have PM'd Pookymeister to add to his Bad Traders thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid question but where are you supposed to leave feedback? Maybe that I’m on mobile that I’m not seeing where.

I wanted to double check the Trading FAQ since I've only dealt in a few trades here, but the link at the top of the original post now leads back to the home page.

I didn't realize you need to use the "Full Editor" to modify titles for posts. Appreciate the help.

Hi guys, I wanted to check what is the procedure of someone trying to scam me for ”getting a used code” even so it was checked a minute before sending.

Reps from the platform support - Nintendo/PlayStation/Xbox/Steam can provide a date, time and a location when the code was redeemed, since I had this situation before and of course, I was right before when someone tried to scam me (not on this forum tho). 

User in question already got 2 negative feedback on this forum out of 6 feedback scores, which is around 66% of success rate in transactions, which is low given the number of overall feedback.

I read the rules but I'm a bit confused on something. If I am selling movie codes I'm expected to send the code first before ever receiving payment? That seems a bit risky and a loss if someone just decides to take the code(s) and vanish from the site or create a new account to steal some more.

The honor system doesn't work for people with no honor.

It's based on feedback. If you have low or no feedback, you send first, whether that's payment or product. The people you trust when doing this are those with higher feedback.

Honor is a two-way street. They may be thinking the same thing of you. As you're aware, it isn't personal it's unfamiliarity. The only way passed that is either one of you takes a calculated risk or you use an intermediary (e.g. ebay, PayPal regular payment).

Can I leave someone negative or at least neutral feedback if say I agreed to purchase an item they had listed and they agreed to it and provided me the payment info. But then once I had paid and without saying a word as to why they canceled the deal and refunded my payment? I mean I didn't lose out of anything but it's pretty rude or potentially suspect they refunded. I theorize it could have been because I sent PP G/S even though I not only covered but in fact I sent over the amount of item plus the fee amount simply for the protection involved in case of them not sending because they had no feedback whatsoever?

Traded my sealed PS5 puyo puyo Tetris 2 for NotNewHere’s Switch one. Great Trade!

I went into your profile and hit “Leave Feedback” and gave you a +1 there as well. Thanks

Negative feedback for @screenratio as he traded me a code for Stranger of Paradise Digital Deluxe on PS4/PS5 for 2 digital games of mine and then turned around and used it. I hadn't used the code yet and today when I went to redeem it it said it was used. Screw that person. They are the only person who could've used it.

EDIT: User provided me another code after saying they accidentally gave it to someone else too. I would still be wary of doing trades with this person if you don't plan to use a code you get from them right away.

bread's done
Back