Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

[quote name='dv8mad']Hello mods, Pooky/Shrike in particular...
Quick question for you, since I just got my site set up this month, I have made some sales on it and a CAG that found the deal through my tradelist wanted to know if feedback was appropriate. I believe that the GFC service in the Canadian deals thread works that way, but I just wanted to verify if we are able to exchange feedback or not. Thanks![/QUOTE]If the deals happen off of CAG, feedback isn't applicable.

I gotta be careful about doing trades/sells in this, because I've been meaning to sell a couple that I couldn't on Craigslist. Here's an FAQ: if I were to sell a game in this thread, but I don't want to make a topic for just one selling item, where would I go in this thread to make the sale?

Users are allowed one tradelist - if you only have one things to sell, still make a tradelist.
You can also post in the specific threads for movies, ps3 games, etc.

I have a couple of questions... (Very new, I've only done one read please bare with me if this is really stupid.)

I've read the guidelines and see that DLC trading isn't outright bad... (Though I can see it falling under the coupon banning) and I also found this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129980&highlight=alan+wake+signal

(So its likely not banned.)

So my question is... How do I go about using the CAG Trading/game Marketplace (and its feedback) to broker a deal when DLC isn't listed in the games?

bump (even though it's at the top of stickied)

actually, i just wanted to saying, wonderful choice on the franklin delano bluth avatar, op

I have deathspank on PSN, Peggle, BF1943, and several others.

I am looking for the xmen arcade game, Scott pilgrim, Packman championship edition.

PM me and let me know, if this is not allowed I'm sorry I read all through the FAQ and such and found nothing about it

Quick question, is it necessary to list exactly what's for trade? I recently came into a lot of over 300 NES games I'm looking to resell, obviously it would take me a ridiculous amount of time to go through and list them all D;

Was just wondering if listing the NES games as "PM or post what you're looking for and I'll check my stock," along with other consoles/games I have was acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have kind of an obscure trading question here.

It's a grey area.

Say I wanted to sell my converted copy of Super Dodge Ball for Neo Geo. It was originally an MVS cart made to work in the arcade system, but it has been modded to work in the home AES system and has a non-original insert and manual - would that fall somewhat under piracy, and would it be allowed for sale on here?

I'm not saying I'm selling it, but I'm thinking of a what if here in case I do decide to sell it some day.

If I were to sell something for 5, would the person sending the money have to send me 5.46 due to paypal fees, ro do I eat the charge? I'm still not completely sure how that works here.

[quote name='Skuttie']If I were to sell something for 5, would the person sending the money have to send me 5.46 due to paypal fees, ro do I eat the charge? I'm still not completely sure how that works here.[/QUOTE]

From Page 1:

icon4.gif
We would like to remind our users that PayPal's User's Agreement states:
"You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions."

Translation: The fee is your responsibility and can't be passed on to the buyer.

I had a trade go wrong. He already left positive feedback because my side was fine. His side was not. I left him negative feedback after he failed to help and he just left me negative feedback. Not only was this the 2nd feedback for this transaction, he only did it because I did it to him. How do I fix this. I'm not having this guy ruin my flawless feedback I worked hard for!

I have a question to be asked and sp00ge you have seen me offer it before.
I would like to get a 1-month xbox live card from someone here on cag.
BUT, I have not very much to offer. I know you cannot trade Gears codes on the tradeing thread but still hear me out. My question is can i offer them kills or headshots or whatever from certain games? I could offer like headshots in Black ops, or Reach or whatever but I would like to hear what you people say first.

I have a trade that seems to be going wrong and need some advice.

I was contacted by a CAG wanting to trade his COD:BO for Halo:Reach on Tuesday 5/3/11. His trade count was much lower then mine and his iTrader rep showed 86% so he agreed to send Blops first. We both agree to the trade with a dozen PMs that Tuesday. He said he'd have it out to me by Thursday 5/5. I PMed him Sunday night just to follow up and see if he had a tracking number for me and this is what I received back.

I couldnt send it because i let someone hold it and they messed it up. So before i sent it, I tested it first but it wont work because they dropped their 360, but ill get another one and ill let you know. Im really sorry for the inconvience.

I PMed him back saying he needs to come up with something soon and I didn't want to be stuck in limbo. I am pretty sure I am getting the run around because I am having to follow up with this guy to find out stuff is broken and he never sent it, rather then him being proactive and saying it was broken and he couldn't send it.

I plan to let it go for a bit longer to see if he can make good on the trade. If he doesn't send the game do I leave bad feedback? Do I have to contact a mod to become involved?

I wanted to check and make sure I can do this, before I do it (novel idea!), I end up with a lot of those insert cards with codes for stuff (like the scorpion costume/fatality) from various games. I usually sell these on ebay, but the put a lot of restrictions on it. The only thing I really think CAGs might be interested in is the cards I get for MS points (like the 240 point card in Dance Central), so I was going to post them for sale here.

Anyway, is it allowed to post that I'm selling those codes and will just e-mail the point code to somebody or is that a "CD Key" as listed in the first post (I have no idea what a CD Key is...).

Hey Pooky, I sent you a PM concerning TheGamerGuy leaving me negative feedback for declining his obvious attempt at a scam. By looking at his wall posts, I'm not the only one he's tried to do this too.

Sorry if this has been discussed at length, but I see the post in the original thread which refers paypal members to a portion of the paypal agreement which purports to make it a violation of the paypal agreement to charge extra for accepting paypal. Does this mean that it is a violation of CAG's marketplace to make a post that states that one will charge extra to accept paypal?

I could see this going either way (on one hand, what business of CAG's is it if I breach paypal's agreement, on the other hand if I want to do whatever I want, then I need to make my own forum) -- so I thought I would ask for clarification. Thank you!

[quote name='DerClaw']Sorry if this has been discussed at length, but I see the post in the original thread which refers paypal members to a portion of the paypal agreement which purports to make it a violation of the paypal agreement to charge extra for accepting paypal. Does this mean that it is a violation of CAG's marketplace to make a post that states that one will charge extra to accept paypal?

I could see this going either way (on one hand, what business of CAG's is it if I breach paypal's agreement, on the other hand if I want to do whatever I want, then I need to make my own forum) -- so I thought I would ask for clarification. Thank you![/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250288

I didn't realize the bump rules have changed....I don't read the thread policy rules often as I don't know when they are updated....in that vein....

Hey mods, could someone date any policy change....just add a date to the thread title. Thanks as it would help those of us that don't frequent the forum often/regularly.

[quote name='lurknomore']I didn't realize the bump rules have changed....I don't read the thread policy rules often as I don't know when they are updated....in that vein....

Hey mods, could someone date any policy change....just add a date to the thread title. Thanks as it would help those of us that don't frequent the forum often/regularly.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Rules were changed just last week.

[quote name='sp00ge']Good point. Rules were changed just last week.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know til Shrike posted it in dv8mad's thread, since I honestly haven't visited the trade forums since the lowball forum split... So you should probably cut people some slack, or have it in the front page, or as a banner, etc.

[quote name='elessar123']I didn't know til Shrike posted it in dv8mad's thread, since I honestly haven't visited the trade forums since the lowball forum split... So you should probably cut people some slack, or have it in the front page, or as a banner, etc.[/QUOTE]

Agreed....thanks for the date stamp, but a major development/change like this warrants more signage and awareness.

[quote name='lurknomore']Agreed....thanks for the date stamp, but a major development/change like this warrants more signage and awareness.[/QUOTE]Sorry for the issue with it seeming like a surprise. We'll make sure to date stamp further changes going forward.

Is selling a laptop through this forum permitted? If so, which forum is the best location to post such a thread? Thanks!

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry for the issue with it seeming like a surprise. We'll make sure to date stamp further changes going forward.[/QUOTE]
so if you all are just date stamping, & not more signage/awareness, how often would be good to look at the rules? how often do you all usually change them?

i know i got in 'trouble' for other people bumping me (something i can't control), and nothing was said to a single one of them, so they didn't know it was wrong, as the rules didn't state that at the time. it seemed i was getting in trouble for something that wasn't yet a rule (i'm guessing?). i bet dv8mad feels the same way when getting 14 bumps in a single day AFTER the rule change (i bet he didn't get verbally abused, though. nothing i did warranted that), as we don't ask for bumps, but we get the hateful pm's (at least i did). the rules never stated that CAG's couldn't bump when looking (as EVERY thread said to bump after looking), and no mod told them not to bump threads, but i get in trouble for it (especially when asking sp00ge to be specific about who was allowed to bump me/who was i allowed to bump - using unaccaptable verbal abuse when i asked him on more than one occasion to answer that. this was like Oct. 4th)?

i'm the type of person that follows the rules & stays out of trouble. ask anyone here who has met me. i just want to make sure to know when the rules change, and reading them daily isn't realistic. thanks in advance.

When the rules are changed/updated, the date stamp will be changed. Subscribe to the thread if you're concerned about the updates to the thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']When the rules are changed/updated, the date stamp will be changed. Subscribe to the thread if you're concerned about the updates to the thread.[/QUOTE]
forgive me ignorance, but how do i subscribe to it?

okay, the only option is to unsubscribe, so apparantly, i'm subscribed. so if i've been subscribed the whole time, it's done nothing to let me see when the thread is updated. what does that mean? where does it tell me when someone updates the thread?

again, sorry for my ignorance, but i've never had to go through this much EVER (even here) just cuz there might be a sudden rule change (that i'll get in trouble for before it becomes a rule, no doubt).

EDIT:eek:kay, found where i view them, but says i'm subscribed to 770 threads, and i've never intended to subscribe to one. this doesn't help me at all. thanks, anyway.

Question for a mod... I have some extra digital keys (steam, Desura & OnLive) from all my humble indie bundle purchases (I've bought every one, but they've tossed in some bonus keys at times)... am I allowed to ask for a trade on these keys?

I'm not trying to sell them, but trade for a dumb digital hat for my avatar on xbox or something.

If I'm not allowed to trade, can they be given away in the free forum?

Thanks.

Also what about mods for discontinued retro systems (such as custom NES toasters)?

Still looking for an answer... my OnLive codes expire so the sooner the better for me to know what I can do with these things before they're dead even to me.

[quote name='teknomedic']Question for a mod... I have some extra digital keys (steam, Desura & OnLive) from all my humble indie bundle purchases (I've bought every one, but they've tossed in some bonus keys at times)... am I allowed to ask for a trade on these keys?

I'm not trying to sell them, but trade for a dumb digital hat for my avatar on xbox or something.

If I'm not allowed to trade, can they be given away in the free forum?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm a new trader and was wondering, if I want a game (mario) and I have something someone else wants in their wishlist and ask to trade with that person, can I also trade for the same game (mario) with someone else in case the first person rejects my first trade I have a backup trade?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Also what about mods for discontinued retro systems (such as custom NES toasters)?[/QUOTE]No mods.

[quote name='teknomedic']Still looking for an answer... my OnLive codes expire so the sooner the better for me to know what I can do with these things before they're dead even to me.[/QUOTE]Feel free to give them away in the Free Stuff forum.

[quote name='Gameremporium']I'm a new trader and was wondering, if I want a game (mario) and I have something someone else wants in their wishlist and ask to trade with that person, can I also trade for the same game (mario) with someone else in case the first person rejects my first trade I have a backup trade?[/QUOTE]Not sure I understand the question, so let me make sure I understand.

You're working out a trade with CAG #1 for Mario and then you find that CAG # 2 wants something you have that you want to trade them for Mario. If the deal doesn't work out with CAG #1, you want to know if you can trade Mario with CAG #2?

I would certainly wait until CAG #1 decides they don't want to deal with you before trading off Mario to CAG #2. CAG #1 might have some issues if you cut and run to CAG #2 before they've decided they're dealing with you or not.

yes thats right got it I just wanted to make sure I had a backup in case cag #1 didnt want to trade then i could go to cag #2 for the same item before someone else traded for it. I understand now thanks so 1 trade at a time:) also:

how do you place an avatar underneath your name to the left

[quote name='shrike4242']No mods.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, well if cosmetic mods in a general are banned; what about people selling art-modded Dreamcast Fight sticks, SNES Repro Cartridges...and now that I think about it isn't bead art of Final Fantasy 3 characters illegal? I'm just curious where the line is drawn because I've seen a number of these items pass through CAG without any noticeable enforcement...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
icon4.gif
We would like to remind our users that PayPal's User's Agreement states:
"You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions."
Violating PayPal rules can put your PayPal account in jeopardy.[/QUOTE]

Is this still in effect? Some asshole on here is demanding that I pay his seller fees or PayPal Gift him in order to buy a DLC code off of him. :hot:

[quote name='dotCody']Is this still in effect? Some asshole on here is demanding that I pay his seller fees or PayPal Gift him in order to buy a DLC code off of him. :hot:[/QUOTE]
Demanding? Or making it a condition of the sale (like, "If you want to by this, here's how)?

Wouldn't you take that up with PayPal & not CAG? CAG recommends everyone follow the rules of every other place with indirect associations here, but like the Gov't wants to do with SOPA law, CAG can't get to every single user that breaks other company's policies. I'm sure you'll have to inform PayPal that someone is breaking their user agreement.

Mods can't make him sell it to you (especially if that is the same 'handling' fee he would charge on every item, then it's completely fine, and just happens to be 3%). Just trying to help, as I don't think the mods can do anything except ban him from trading, and in that case, you will probably want to pm them, as they might not check this thread that often. These is Shrike4242, Sp00ge, Pookymeister, CaseyRyback that you can contact personally about filing a complaint about someone breaking rules. Best of luck, bud.

[quote name='twztid13']Demanding? Or making it a condition of the sale (like, "If you want to by this, here's how)?

Wouldn't you take that up with PayPal & not CAG? CAG recommends everyone follow the rules of every other place with indirect associations here, but like the Gov't wants to do with SOPA law, CAG can't get to every single user that breaks other companis' policies. I'm sure you'll have to inform PayPal that someone is breaking their user agreement.

Mods can't make him sell it to you (especially if that is the same 'handling' fee he would charge on every item, then it's completely fine, and just happens to be 3%). Just trying to help, as I don't think the mods can do anything except ban him from trading, and in that case, you will probably want to pm them, as they might not check this thread that often. These is Shrike4242, Sp00ge, Pookymeister, CaseyRyback that you can contact personally about filing a complaint about someone breaking rules. Best of luck, bud.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help, twztid. Yes, the guy is making it a condition even though I told him that I wouldn't fall for it and directed him to the PayPal Gifts and Paypal payers paying seller fees thread. He then replied ignoring what I had sent earlier and continued to act like a complete jackass and still attempting to avoid his seller fees. I already went ahead and pm'd one of the mods earlier this morning, just patiently waiting on them to log in, investigate and hopefully ban that dickhead from trading. Oh I have another question I hope you can answer for me, twtid: where do I go to inform PayPal that someone is breaking their user agreement? I looked all over PayPal this morning and couldn't find it.

bread's done
Back