10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cth']Any plans for the old one?

Heh.

I missed out on the preorder, so I hope I can get lucky enough to snag one of the rereleases.

I just bought the Titanium Soundwave today, so I guess that'll have to do in the meantime :D[/QUOTE]

Mebbe a custom job, but doubtful. Will probably just keep stashed away. Also, Tits Soundwave is absolutely horrible imho, but Tits Rodimus is AMAZING. I can't recommend that one enough. So far the only 6" Titaniums I've been impressed with have been WW Optimus, Op-Op, and now Rodimus. WW Thundercrackers pretty decent too, but the others feel too cheap/fragile. Megatron is by far the worst of the bunch.

And damn! now I need to try and cancel by BBTS preorder and try to get Megs from Ages 3 and Up, along with some roadbots I've been meaning to check out.

Anyone actually have these things? I saw them first about a year ago, and while they are mostly ripoffs of the Alternators/Binaltech line in terms of transformation (for example, that Lambo is essentially Alt. Prowl), they are much larger, for less money. Anyone know the quality or have recommendations?

I'm thinking of getting either the Hummer or Lamborghini (essentially Alt. Hound and Prowl, respectively)

Edit: Wow, BBTS is rediculously easy to cancel preorders. Go to your account, check preorders, change quantity to 0...done. cool

[quote name='willardhaven']Is that G1 Grimlock hard to find? I have wanted a Grimlock since I was a young lad.[/QUOTE]

Kinda outta left field, since Grimlock wasn't being talked about (did you mean Soundwave? cuz that's a new TRU exclusive reissue) but if you did really mean Grimlock, check ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-TRANSFORMERS...68QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The "loose joints" bit worries me a bit, but looks good otherwise, and has the accessories. I got one off ebay (played with my original too much as a kid, hehe) for 10 bucks last year, but no accessories/instructions. W/ box is much more though. It's not really rare, but popular, so prices are fairly decent, but not too cheap unfortunately.

I've always wondered why somebody doesn't pick up the rights to re-release the dinobots. They would sell like crazy. Most collectors consider them to be the cream of the crop as far as the old G1 stuff goes (especially Swoop). I'd personally buy all 5 (even though I have the old ones sitting on a shelf in my room).

[quote name='Zmonkay']Kinda outta left field, since Grimlock wasn't being talked about (did you mean Soundwave? cuz that's a new TRU exclusive reissue) but if you did really mean Grimlock, check ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-TRANSFORMERS-GRIMLOCK-100-COMPLETE-W-BOOKLET_W0QQitemZ230081551568QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The "loose joints" bit worries me a bit, but looks good otherwise, and has the accessories. I got one off ebay (played with my original too much as a kid, hehe) for 10 bucks last year, but no accessories/instructions. W/ box is much more though. It's not really rare, but popular, so prices are fairly decent, but not too cheap unfortunately.[/quote]

I meant the recent figure, also the new Bumblebee looks pretty cool.

Ouch! That G1 Grimlock price is terrible. I thought he'd be worth more seeing as how he's pretty popular. My figure's complete but does have loose joints.

I come home and find a box from TRU with (what else) Soundwave, which was damn surprising since earlier today I saw it hadn't even shipped. It looks FANTASTIC! It's in great shape too, in much better condition than my 20th Ann Optimus Prime (which was from Amazon).

Opening it? I have no intention or desire too... I thought I would but I just have it displayed there.

I don't think this one has been mentioned to be coming out in the states but its an Alternator so if its not announced it it will be soon.

this is none other than Soundwave's RAVAGE:

r_ravage057.jpg

r_ravage033.jpg

Here's an image of the Nike Transformers that someone mentioned earlier in the post:

TAK10698.jpg

$58.99 Preorder for the Set at http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10698&mode=retail&picture=out

My Soundwave arrived today. The status on my order still shows as Item(s) located in stock. Thought I'd let others know who's status hadn't changed yet either that it could already be on its way.

[quote name='OpTiMaL']My Soundwave arrived today. The status on my order still shows as Item(s) located in stock. Thought I'd let others know who's status hadn't changed yet either that it could already be on its way.[/quote]

Thanks for letting us know. I was starting to lose hope.

I still keep hoping the "alien jet" thing is something they're just floating out there as a joke and when the movie comes out they're gonna say "just messin' with you guys, he's still a gun".

I thought bumblebee was gonna be the new camaro not an old model one?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I still keep hoping the "alien jet" thing is something they're just floating out there as a joke and when the movie comes out they're gonna say "just messin' with you guys, he's still a gun".

I thought bumblebee was gonna be the new camaro not an old model one?[/quote]

From what I've read/heard Megatron eventually turns into a Tank later on in the movie and Bumblebee upgrades to the new Camaro also later on in the film.

damn, most of those new Movie toys look crappy. Where is the helicopter robot ? The test shot version of him looked pretty cool, I hope he still looks as cool as a production toy.

Those movie figures look nothing like the movie models... which is good beacuse I think the movie models look stupid (they don't have that G1 look to them). But those toys look stupid too. But as always, I'll most likely pick up Prime and Megatron.

Cyber Stompin' Optimus and Bumblebee? What the hell is that all about? Are they Stompin' the Yard or something?

The movie toys look like serious ass. Of course Megatron won't be a gun or cannon, because they wouldn't be able to sell a realistic toy version - it would have the lame ass pink or orange end to the barrel.

That Masterpiece Megatron though, from Japan, looks freaking awesome.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Just how reliable is google checkout? That G1 Soundwave reissue is tempting, but i'm not the type to give my Credit Card # to Google.[/QUOTE]

I've used it at about 4 times so far. It works great. No worries.

Mine arrived yesterday - it's one of the best toys, I think, I've ever purchased.

Totally amazing. Get one if you can. The box is awesome, soundwave looks great and it came with TWO tapes and cases for them. Impressive.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Mine arrived yesterday - it's one of the best toys, I think, I've ever purchased.

Totally amazing. Get one if you can. The box is awesome, soundwave looks great and it came with TWO tapes and cases for them. Impressive.[/QUOTE]

Definitely... it's one of the best TF toys Hasbro has produced in years.

[quote name='karkyco']Cyber Stompin' Optimus and Bumblebee? What the hell is that all about? Are they Stompin' the Yard or something?

The movie toys look like serious ass. Of course Megatron won't be a gun or cannon, because they wouldn't be able to sell a realistic toy version - it would have the lame ass pink or orange end to the barrel.

That Masterpiece Megatron though, from Japan, looks freaking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know of a good place to order the Masterpiece Megatron? Preferably without the orange tip addon?

http://tformers.com/New-MP-05-Megatron-Fully-Painted-Images/7087/news.html

I asked my sister to order this Soundwave for me for my birthday...she never replied back but she's super busy all the time. I hope she did order it before it sold out again.

I would order it myself, but my wife has my credit cards on lockdown. This site has been such a blessing and a curse all in one.

Strange, I ordered it this morning, and it went through fine. Now, I just got a cancellation email saying they are out of stock.

[quote name='jousley']I HAD the original till a few years back. Ebayed all of my Transformers...except for my all time favorite birthbay present and in my opnion the coolest Transformer. Original Jetfire/ Skyfire :) 100% complete too and looking brand new.[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing....about 4 years ago i ebayed all of my original transformers.....about 25 - 30 in total.....pulled in about $500 after fees.....

I've still got all the originals up to and including the movie Generation 1 stuff. Several years back I really got into Transformers again and was buying the stuff like crazy. I also have all the reissues and most of the E-Hobby stuff and kept saying once I had the space I would display them all. Now I do have the space and so far have been too lazy to set them up. Actually I think I was introduced to CAG by someone mentioning it on a Transformers board.

[quote name='Roufuss']So is this in store yet?[/QUOTE]

Only one person on TFans that I know of has found him in-store so far. :cry:

Question for all those that preordered Megatron from Ages3+, are you guys worried about customs confiscating them since they are coming from CAN and still subject to US laws (damn, orange tip) or has someone already addressed that?

[quote name='pscloud']I did a little tracking and also found this site

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFTRMP05&lang=us

They have a five star rating on this site:

http://transformers.shoppertron.com/MP-05-Master-Piece-Megatron/1105/prices.html[/QUOTE]

cool, I may end up preordering Rumble (which I shall refer to as Frenzy, FIRRIB!) and Ravage Alternators from them. I can't find preorders anywhere, and I just know with my luck I'll never see them (ordered a Mirage off Amazon, was missing a side view mirror, but they were OOS after that and I never saw one again, so I have a broken one, and have NEVER seen a camshaft)

Holly crap....those prices can't be real :shock:

I'm so closed to pulling the trigger on Binaltech Ravage & Ravage (Corvette), & Hybrid Optimus Prime = $121 Shipped.

fuck...gotta wait for tax return.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly crap....those prices can't be real :shock:[/quote]

Why, too high or too low?

Shit, I paid $70 IIRC for Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Optimus Prime. Well worth it. And I got to choose a perfect box - no damage to the tiny pointed cardboard on the plastic.

[quote name='gwing00']Question for all those that preordered Megatron from Ages3+, are you guys worried about customs confiscating them since they are coming from CAN and still subject to US laws (damn, orange tip) or has someone already addressed that?[/QUOTE]

I think customs has better things to do then look at some toys and make sure they have orange caps on them. Every Megatron reissue I've ever seen here in the states didn't have a orange tip.

I don't know why some places are putting the orange tip on them. I think they are afriad of one getting in the hands of a kid then them getting in trouble for selling "illegal" toys.

Oh and I got my Soundwave from TRU in the mail two days ago. Every one at my work thinks it freaking owns. It looks so great in the package that I don't want to pull it out. If I find one at a TRU B&M I'll pick it up and open that one.

Has anyone seen the masterpiece Megatron after the orange tip modification? Is it a permanant mod or can it be unmodified after the fact? I would hate to take a chance on an unmodified one and lose it to customs.

Got my Soundwave(s) today in the mail. (ordered it monday) Definetly owns.. now I need to find Grimlock and Jetfire. Any sightings on those?

bread's done
Back