10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Sandstorm, Blitzwing, and Springer at Target this morning in Eagle Rock. My guess is they'll be showing up at other Los Angeles area Targets within the next week or so if they aren't already there. Finally, after weeks of nothing but ugly deluxe Beast Hunters, something worth collecting. :)

Wow, so it seems Amazon is having a clearance/sale on KreO if anyone collects those. I personally loved the first wave, the second wave was a definite step back imho, but I'm still gonna pick up a few wave 3 (Beast Hunters-related)

Best deal:

Devesator (Normally 79.99, now 39.99)

http://www.amazon.com/KRE-O-Transformers-Destruction-Devastator-36951/dp/B0083TXVW4/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1372503660&sr=8-43&keywords=kreo

OR

for 59.99 Devestator + Ironhide (only way to get Ironhide.  I think this was a TRU exclusive?  "Only 1 left" however)

http://www.amazon.com/Kre-O-Transformers-Autobot-Assault-Devastator/dp/B009F5Q2MQ/ref=sr_1_61?ie=UTF8&qid=1372503677&sr=8-61&keywords=kreo

if you just search for Kreo most TF Kreo sets are 5.00+ off though (and the mini-fig combiners are 1.50 off)

Non-deal related:

Sad I missed out on Sandstorm, hope he appears in stores soon (only seen Shockwave, Springer, and Blitzwing once as of yet...).

Still very torn on Metroplex.  I know I'll get him, but it will be begrudgingly.  There's such a thing as "too much" homage methinks.

Hope we see some cool new stuff this weekend (Botcon) but I'm not holding my breath.  Probably mostly private showings, unlike ToyFair.  Totally didn't realize Hasbro was re-releasing G1 Predaking though.  Now I'm really regretting buying the Japanese reissue for 200.00 (which I've even been trying to sell to recoup the cost... there goes that chance haha).

Not for me. I'm not even tempted because I had an original, and this looks very faithful. I just don't like Transformers that turn into 'bases' or what-have-you anymore.

One amusing thing: Go to Amazon and check out the differences between Hasbro's photoshops and Amazon's pictures of the actual items. For $125 bucks and 'Titan Class', you'd think they could spring for a little shading on all that white.

Totally didn't realize Hasbro was re-releasing G1 Predaking though. Now I'm really regretting buying the Japanese reissue for 200.00 (which I've even been trying to sell to recoup the cost... there goes that chance haha).
Now that's a head-scratcher. Why would they re-release something for which there's a glut of imports? Betcha the domestic version isn't metal, though. Unless they're just re-boxing the existing ones they couldn't sell.

The race to beat the scalpers has begun.  Toys R Us has Soundwave and Acid Storm Masterpieces listed for sale on July 18th.  Hopefully this is not another MP10 situation.

Soundwave...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&prodFindSrc=search

Acid Storm...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038406&prodFindSrc=search

Good luck to everyone interested! 

Edit:  Predaking is now up for preorder on Amazon and BBTS.  It seems that the prelimnary information coming out is that he will have diecast parts... I guess we will see.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM5DA62/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good news! If you missed Springer or Blitzwing, they're reshipping with Sandstorm. I'd heard this before, but I saw evidence.

Bad news! In a case, it's 3 of Springer, 3 of Blitzwing, and 2 Sandstorms. So, if you see Springer and Blitzwing at your store, you were too late to get Sandstorm. Thanks, Hasbro, for ensuring Sandstorm will be hard to find! :headache:

I picked one up at Target this morning. It was the second Target I stopped at. The first had Springer and Blitzwing only, the next had the full case.

Betcha the domestic version isn't metal, though. Unless they're just re-boxing the existing ones they couldn't sell.
I don't know about the last part, but the new domestic Predaking is metal. How about that! And $120, to boot. Guess I'm stuck with my Japanese one, like you Zmonkay. We need to make up a reason why they're rare, or something :D

The race to beat the scalpers has begun. Toys R Us has Soundwave and Acid Storm Masterpieces listed for sale on July 18th. Hopefully this is not another MP10 situation.

Soundwave...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&prodFindSrc=search
It's finally here. The price is actually better than I thought it would be. For 5 figures and accessories that is actually not a bad price at all.

Now the choice...do I try to risk finding it in store or do I try to buy it as soon as its available online and pay for shipping...

I hope Hasbro makes a lot of these...

God dammit Hasbro (re: Predaking).  For 120 that's actually pretty tight, especially with them being metal.

BUT:  blandstalker's and mine have his big ass sword!  Take that repainted TF:prime sword!  (Who wants to buy my sword for 60 bucks?  Anyone? :p )

Also got Soundwave bookmarked.  It says 18th but I'll be checking daily in case it goes live early. Thanks Bubbamel!

And Acid Storm?  Man, fuck that shit.  No G1 nostalgia (a random bot from a one-off TF episode I had to google to get the reference does not nostalgia make), ugly as hell (imho), just no.  I've got my MP Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker, I'm happy.  Unless they put out an MP Dirge and Thrust (With new wings, not just repainted MP seakers), my seakers are complete.  Slightly tempted to track down those KO MP Dirge and Thrust from a couple years back but too lazy/cheap.

The short version:  If you can find Sandstorm, buy it.  It's probably the best retool I've ever seen and the best of the three most recent Generations Voyagers.

The long version:  I didn't realize Sandstorm was a retool of Springer, but it's such a radical retooling that I think I can be forgiven.  Entire mechanics were redone and the changes are so extensive that it might as well be a new mold.  Not only that, it's better than Springer.

Perhaps I lost out on the QA lottery with Springer, but all the problems I had with him are gone on Sandstorm.  The paint apps are neat.  The plastic quality is better.  The side panels are molded in the right color, rather than being sloppily covered.  There are additional pegs and tabs.

I have only two criticisms of Sandstorm.  The first is that his gun is boring and even cheaper than Springers -- no paint, single missile.  But you don't even really need it.  The second is that the front grille for the dune buggy is visible on the helicopter and it's distracting.  It interferes with the illusion of it being an aircraft. 

Apart from those nitpicks, this is an improvement in every way.  It doesn't feel or look cheap.  The robot arms, which stuck out like a sore thumb on Springer's helicopter mode, are hidden by the VTOL wings and dark paint.  A newly molded piece makes the tail section more unified and fixes the spoiler flaps which wouldn't stay put on Springer.

The dunebuggy vehicle mode works well and is very different than Springer.  The VTOL turbines invert and become wheels, but they look completely different on each side.  The darker orange tail flap does this origami folding maneuver, becoming an armored cage for the cockpit which is brilliant.  There are still some stability issues, but they aren't as significant.  It also has a completely different, massive look to it. 

Robot mode fits Sandstorm.  I hate orange, but I like this color scheme.  It suits both vehicles and the character.  It's less safety orange than G1 Sandstorm, but it also looks better.  Here in robot mode, you can also see that the plastic quality is improved.  On Springer, the chest panels felt thin, soft, and KO quality.  On Sandstorm, they are thicker, more ridgid, and feel right. 

In other words, Springer felt like a design that was hampered by cheapness and cost-cutting.  Sandstorm made me feel like Generations is back.  The designers have still got it, can be utterly amazing and inventive and surprising, and the quality is there to back it up.  For kicks, I just weighed them both.  Springer, with his rotor and gun, is 5.3 ounces.  Sandstorm, with his gun, is 6.7.

Even if you are someone who typicaly doesn't get recolors or retools, this is one to get.  It is so different and it changes everything for the better.  I'm really surprised and impressed.

[Note:  I have unboxed Blitzwing, but I haven't fully transformed him yet.  The awful soft plastic and the flimsy chest pieces, combined with an unintuitive transformation that has me worried that I'll break the toy (again, that awful soft plastic) made me put him to the side for now.]

Yeah, Blitzwing looks pretty good in all three of his modes, but the way his limbs peg together makes me feel like I'm gonna break something. His jet mode looks rather like a Macross Valkyrie with the armored boosters.

I agree with you, Blandstalker, on Sandstorm vs Springer with one exception; my Springer didn't have any quality control issues. I'm pretty happy with both of them, but Sandstorm is clearly superior. My one complaint about Sandstorm is that I have yet to figure out the trick to getting his gun pegged under the cockpit in VTOL plane mode and the instructions are absolutely no help here.

My Springer can't tab together for shit in car mode, but I still love it.  Extra tabs on Sandstorm makes me even more excited to hopefully find one.  I already decided I'd break my "no repaint" rule on him as he's such an extensive retool.  THIS is what repaints should be.  Reminds me of back in the Beast Wars days when we got K9 and Wolfang.  Same "mold", but enough retooling to make them unique.  This is that to the next level.

And personally I really like Blitzwing.  I hate how thin parts of his arm/shoulder mechanism is (if I had kids I'd be pissed cuz I assume these are guaranteed to break with moderate rough play) and tabing in his legs in both vehicle modes is a pain, but I really like the design overall.  Much more than pics lead me to believe.

Ya'll see the new "deluxe" class figs at Botcon?  The upsized legends.  What the fuck man?!  "we want simpler Transformers"... er, no.  If a kid wants simpler, they already fucking HAVE legends.  argh, maybe I'm in the minority but I've always gone after TF's as puzzles, and the more complex/inovative the engineering of the transformation the more I love a fig.  It's my main complaint of Prime FE to RID: simplification.  FE was such a damn tease with the complex, inventive designs... sigh.

Though the new "true" deluxes are pure love.  ADORE that Waspinator!  Sooooo nice looking.

I don't often get deluxes, typically just voyagers, leaders, and masterpieces, but the upscaled legends did piss me off a bit as well because I do occasionally pick up some of the cooler deluxes.

I agree with you, Blandstalker, on Sandstorm vs Springer with one exception; my Springer didn't have any quality control issues. I'm pretty happy with both of them, but Sandstorm is clearly superior. My one complaint about Sandstorm is that I have yet to figure out the trick to getting his gun pegged under the cockpit in VTOL plane mode and the instructions are absolutely no help here.
Springer is literally the worst paint job I've ever gotten on any official Transformer. Beyond that, the plastic itself is cheaper and lower quality, which leads to things like the chest not staying locked (more on this later). I haven't figured out how to get either Springer or Sandstorm's gun to attach. I agree with you about the instructions. They're useless.

And personally I really like Blitzwing. I hate how thin parts of his arm/shoulder mechanism is (if I had kids I'd be pissed cuz I assume these are guaranteed to break with moderate rough play) and tabing in his legs in both vehicle modes is a pain, but I really like the design overall. Much more than pics lead me to believe.
I finally sat down with Blitzwing. I agree with you about the design -- it's pretty good in all modes (though knees would be nice), and even though the tabs are a pain, I'm glad they are there. It's the materials. The soft plastic nosecone won't stay where it's supposed to on mine and won't lock in place. The thin plastic on that rotating mechanism is softer than the other plastic and doesn't even match the color correctly! Jury's out whether the softer plastic will prevent breakage or what, but that whole assembly doesn't give me confidence. Plus, it doesn't tab in correctly on robot mode. One side on mine locks in. The other won't, no matter what I do. Both Springer and Blitzwing have terrible chest assemblies because it's almost impossible to move their arms without dislodging their chests. That's just sad.

I like Blitzwing a lot better than I thought I would, but I had to sit down with the instructions with him. Usually, I don't. But I was too afraid I'd break something if I didn't.

I'm hoping they can do for Doubledealer what they did for Sandstorm, but it doesn't look like much of a retool.

Ya'll see the new "deluxe" class figs at Botcon? The upsized legends. What the fuck man?! "we want simpler Transformers"... er, no. If a kid wants simpler, they already fucking HAVE legends. argh, maybe I'm in the minority but I've always gone after TF's as puzzles, and the more complex/inovative the engineering of the transformation the more I love a fig. It's my main complaint of Prime FE to RID: simplification. FE was such a damn tease with the complex, inventive designs... sigh.

Though the new "true" deluxes are pure love. ADORE that Waspinator! Sooooo nice looking.
Totally agree with you here. I think there have been a few which have gone too far in terms of difficulty -- ROTF Mudflap, ROTF Prime; they're a bit too frustrating to get everything just so, and it can take an inordinate amount of time, even for someone who knows what they're doing.

That said, I can't stand the idea of upscaling Legends. Or, if you are hellbent on something that simplistic, not making a better toy out of them. Now that they're bigger, they could have meaningful articulation, or much better paint jobs. But no. They look like KOs. Hasbro is getting closer and closer to putting out KO quality toys everywhere.

I'm sure this is another way for them to put out cheap toys. But the relentless cost cutting and cheapness is hurting the brand. This only gives me that much more reason to skip anything with a Beast Hunters logo on it. So far, I've only gotten a handful of the BH toys and I don't feel like I've missed anything by skipping the rest. I know I'll be totally skipping the upscaled Legends.

If they really want to put out easier toys, there are brands to do that in. Like Rescue Bots. Or, for the more clueless, how about having the difficulty rating actually mean something. Or make it more prominent so that people who don't know what they are buying (parents, relatives) can easily determine if it's appropriate for their kid.

I think we're moving in that direction, anyway -- Generations now seems to be the brand for collectors and everything else is being kiddified. I saw the new Leader/Supreme BH Prime. Oh, lord. That one seems aimed straight at the 5-7 year old camp. I would be okay with this, so long as the collector brand is aimed at collectors. I'd rather pay a bit more and get quality than have cheapness ruin the designs.

Thank goodness Sandstorm seems to be reversing this trend or I'd be really discouraged now. The Generations stuff continues to look really good, and I really like the enhanced Beast Wars molds.

You guys seen these Transformers Construct Bots yet? I guess they were announced at Toy Fair (missed that news) and are supposed to hit shelves next month. I was perusing TRU on Los Feliz in L.A. on my way home tonight and I found the Bumblebee Construct Bot. It was all they had on the shelf and there wasn't even a tag for it. I bought it.

It's basically a Lego Bionicle/Hero Factory style build-a-figure with G1-ish styling and a heavy mix of other continuities' styling in the weapons and fiddley-bits parts. Bumblebee is apparently one of the two triple changers in this new line along with Blitzwing. I also apparently paid the TRU tax over MSRP (only a couple bucks this time) but I'm largely happy with what I've got. The robot mode is clearly Bee, though the mix of styles and nature of the toy make bits of him less...traditional. He transforms (read: "folds up neatly") into two alt modes, one is a wheeled vehicle, the other some sort of Cybertronian jet. both alt modes are satisfying in terms of how well they hold together and have a reasonable amount of playability (tested on my 5 year old) before starting to come apart. None of the three modes fit neatly into any existing continuity so I'm curious to see if these are just one-shots or what.

I'd really like to get my hands on a few more of these things (Megs, Soundwave, and Optimus primarily) because I like the idea and the parts are interchangeable.

Lemme know if anyone else in the Los Angeles area spots these things, please. Thanks.

P.S. - it came with an online code for some sort of game that's not available yet, kinda like the Bot Shots game I guess.

EDIT - After playing some more this morning with the thing with my boy, it's clear that the triple-change gimmick is a bit too gimmicky. The transformation is essentially the same for both vehicle and aircraft, the only thing that differentiates the two alt modes are the different pieces you can snap on to make the folded up bot look like a car or a plane. My son quickly tired of having to snap different bits on to go between the two alt modes and instead began experimenting with ways to use all the pieces at once.

I have absolutely zero interest in those new Construct Bots.  They look like absolute shit in both modes.  It's cool that it's a build-a-bot that actually transforms (something I'd admittedly have been all up ons as a kid), but it's not well implemented and most of the alt modes are "see, it's got wheels, so it's an alt mode..."

Sad to see Kre-O may be dead (or dying).  It had such great potential (I got most of the sets, actually, thanks to clearence) but constant cost cutting/reduction in quality each wave really killed things.

Sad to see Kre-O may be dead (or dying). It had such great potential (I got most of the sets, actually, thanks to clearence) but constant cost cutting/reduction in quality each wave really killed things.
I think they've been dying since the first wave. Even if they had been great, the widespread clearances of all the first wave sets trained everyone to wait for the inevitable clearance of every subsequent set. Then they followed the first wave with Battleship (which sunk) and a lackluster second offering, where the only interesting set - Devastator - was overpriced.

But they weren't even great. They cost as much as Lego without the design or quality and they failed to capitalize on the number one thing that everyone wanted: the Kreons.

Even now, they're dicking with them. There are still entirely too many generic Kreons that absolutely nobody wants. If there are G.I. Joe Kreon bags, I've never seen them: you have to buy the incredibly boring sets. And my TRU finally got the Star Trek bags and it's like a bad joke. I have never seen such a craptacular lineup of figures that only the most diehard trekkies would even consider.

The shining jewel of the Star Trek line reportedly won't hold together and everything else is kind of blah. Their mini vehicles cost as much as the Lego Star Wars Planet sets (which have minifigures) and don't have Kreons. That, to me, is a total facepalm. It's like they want to piss off their customers and make them seem worse than Lego in virtually every method of comparison. I think the Star Trek line will sell a bit, but it's basically life support right now. It's doomed.

I don't want the Construct Bots either. I'm glad you and your son like them demonchylde but they don't appeal to me. They also seem to be an admission that Kre-O is lacking because they don't transform. It seems a weird solution to me to create a new, competing product that seems entirely too late to market. Bionicle was, what, 7 or 8 years ago? Without a show or movie or marketing push, I don't see these going anywhere.

Yea, no interest in the construct-a-bots either, and I was interested in Kreo but never enough to pull the trigger.

I did find Sandstorm today though.  :bouncy:

Now if only Takara would do a 2nd run of Red-Alert like they are doing with Sideswipe so I can get him to without paying 1.5x what he went for before.

Also, did anyone get an order in on ebay (TRU's web store) 2 nights ago for Acid Storm or Soundwave?  I know they all got cancelled, but I'd have loved to save myself searching for Acid Storm at least (Soundwave was sold out by the time I woke up).

Anybody else having trouble seeing Masterpiece Soundwave on Toys-R-Us website. The link posted earlier doesn't work anymore and it doesn't turn up on a search of the site.

Did it sellout and I missed it?

Don't worry, Soundwave is there (type it into the search but don't hit enter). It's supposed to go live on the 18th at 9am est.

The Soundwave link has been sporadically working and not working over the past few days (I check multiple times a day in the off chance it goes live early :D )

I saw Blitwing and Spring at the Target on Canyon Springs in Riverside, there available on Amazon too. Are people still looking for these?

Saw the Bumblebee and Blitzwing Construct Bots at TRU today.  Packaging is very nice.  The vehicles look very generic

Blitzwing and Springer are pretty easily available right now.  I see them at most Targets.  Sandstorm, not so much.

I did find one at TRU today, so they are also available at TRU.

I apologize if I'm late to this, but have you guys seen these Generations Beast Wars re-releases!?!

1005103_501865736550292_1077919968_n.jpg
1069313_501865743216958_441136086_n.jpg

954728_501867683216764_758343091_n.jpg
970947_501867696550096_1453095263_n.jpg

They look awesome!

At least they offered the transformers kreons from the initial sets in five packs. I think that's how they should have done them instead of blind packs, and I don't even care about the extra pieces needed for them to transform.

Their failure was in not finding a better way for them to transform without having to take the entire thing apart. Maybe they couldn't engineer it so that you could keep it whole, but at least break it down into components or something.

Anybody hear any news on Mastepiece Soundwave? Is it supposed to be in store tomorrow?

I stopped by Toys R Us today and was met with blank stares by the entire staff. No one had any idea what i was talking about. The manager of the stockroom said he had never heard of it.

Soundwave was on the TRU website stating it could only be ordered starting tomorrow... now it's gone so I guess tomorrow will be refresh the page day.

I stopped by Toys R Us today and was met with blank stares by the entire staff. No one had any idea what i was talking about. The manager of the stockroom said he had never heard of it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (repeat for 2-3 screenlengths for the right effect)

Unless you really know the employee, asking anyone in the store is a fruitless strategy. I have had store employees tell me contradictory information, wrong information, and wishful thinking. I've had them tell me it's on the way, it's cancelled, it will be here tomorrow, it's on the truck (which will be arriving a) Today b) Tomorrow c) This Week d) Next Week e) All of the Above).

I've even had them tell me things like they don't know when they'll be able to tell me if the product has ever been in the store or ever will be. Not that they don't know -- they don't know if or when they will ever know. It's that bad.

I'm convinced that a few employees are genuinely knowledgeable and trying to be helpful but most of them just don't have the information and don't know how to find it They don't know about the product, don't know how to do research on their own store or its inventory, and don't know anything for sure. Unless you know the person, just assume that whatever they just said is something they completely made up, because it's about as useful.

I'm sorry to sound so bitter and cynical, but it reflects years of dealing with most TRU employees. They don't have a clue, and their company does not care about giving them one.

That said, props to the awesome TRU employees I've known over the years. But they'll be the first to tell you how fucked up exclusives like Masterpiece Soundwave can be, and they're powerless to do anything about it.

It's supposedly on sale tomorrow, 7/18. I personally doubt it will be readily available in stores. It's possible. TRU has been able to roll out exclusives everywhere on the same day. But it's very unlikely.

I completely agree with your assessment of most Toys R Us employees. It was wishful thinking that someone might have at least heard of it. I guess I figured if it was supposed to on sale today it might at least be listed in the system; It was not. They told me they were getting a truck today and maybe it would be on it. Does the Toys R Us system really not have any idea what is getting shipped to each store? Are they just completely surprised with every delivery?

Well fuck TRU.  It was today.  I couldn't sleep worth shit so was randomly checking the site (all times Central Time):  midnight?  nope.  2?  nope.  430 (a time I was finally able to sleep...)?  why the fuck not.

Seriously TRU?  THAT was your "release time"?

Guess I'll check the site randomly throughout the day in the odd chance it comes back in stock momentarily (before it comes to stores and they jack the price up to 150 or whatever the fuck they'll end up doing, assholes).  Sigh.

Will totally be willing to pick up extras for cost+actual shipping if peeps need one though.  Either PM me or just post here and I'll try and pick up an extra or two if I ever see them in stores (note I don't really live near a TRU, but I drive by one once ever 2-3 weeks for work purposes I can swing by.  Better than nothing...).

I had a Soundwave in my cart, but it went OOS before I could complete the order.

They better not jack the price up. Have they done that to past Masterpiece items in the past?

I'm hoping to find one in store today.

It gave me a total and as I was paying it disappeared. Customer service has no idea and just said to keep checking.

In the event anyone is looking for the Target exclusive Beast Hunter repaints, I wanted the Grimwing repaint "Darksteel", they are arriving at stores. I managed to pull the old "open the boxes for the stockboy" technique this morning and nabbed one. Also, out of curiosity I checked two TRUs for Masterpiece Soundwave, none to be had, but both stores had sized shelf holes unfilled with no tags...

Does the Toys R Us system really not have any idea what is getting shipped to each store? Are they just completely surprised with every delivery?
If they have that information somewhere, most employees don't know it or where to find it. The last time I chatted with a competent employee, he said there was no way to know and he actually seemed to know what he was doing on their computer. So if an employee says "It's on the truck" or "It should be here today/tomorrow/February 30th", they are making it up. Trucks do arrive every day. This is not a lie. But they employees have no knowledge of what's on them. They're just guessing.

If you have the item number, you can ask them to see if any stores in the area have it. According to the website, the product ID is 19038126. Bring that or the shelf tag, or the employee may not be able to find the item in the system.

Also, out of curiosity I checked two TRUs for Masterpiece Soundwave, none to be had, but both stores had sized shelf holes unfilled with no tags...
I actually don't know how they know to do this. I have heard that just means they expect new product "soon". It does not mean that it's currently there or in the back. Or will be there at any predictable time.

TRU clearly prepared a bit more with this one, as there was a release date and it's on their website. That said, it's a clusterfuck as normal.

I can currently add Soundwave to my cart, but it gets removed when I try to check out. God, I hate TRU.

Luckily, I happened to wake up at 4 AM, and i decided to check. I was able to get Soundwave, but Acid Storm was already gone.
Actually I don't think Acid Storm was available until much later.

And I didn't get to add Soundwave until later in the day (8ish am cst?), but I got to step 3 of checkout, hit submit, and poof my cart was empty. It was fucking bullshit.

I could have grabbed Acid Storm, but I really only wanted Soundwave...I had it in my cart, checked out and site crashed at the confirmation.  So bummed.  

Hope it comes back in stock some time soon.

Soundwave now says "SOLD OUT" on their main SDCC page..... has anyone seen it in a store? I despise hunting these down in stores since it's such a friggin pain

Supposedly not getting to stores until August. :shrug:
Where did you hear that?

"SOLD OUT". What a joke. Not available at the time they said it would be, out of stock pretty much all day long, and the very website was incapable of dealing with it. God knows I checked at least fifty times. Who did they sell it to? What is the point of having a product that can't be bought by the audience that wants it?

What was the point of hyping it, telling us when it would be ready, if there was no way to fulfill demand? How is this model good for anyone? I don't know how they make it worse every year, but somehow they manage.

Where did you hear that?

"SOLD OUT". What a joke. Not available at the time they said it would be, out of stock pretty much all day long, and the very website was incapable of dealing with it. God knows I checked at least fifty times. Who did they sell it to? What is the point of having a product that can't be bought by the audience that wants it?

What was the point of hyping it, telling us when it would be ready, if there was no way to fulfill demand? How is this model good for anyone? I don't know how they make it worse every year, but somehow they manage.
I heard it on tfw2005 (along with a screen grab with someone from TRU).

I don't know if it's true, just what I've heard.

Toys ''R'' Us Hi Chris. Thanks for the question. This item not expected to be in stores for the first time until late August. It will be back online at that time as well. Limited quantities were made available online only yesterday morning, in conjunction with International Comic-Con in San Diego.
That's straight from a response on the TRU FB page regarding MP Soundwave.

~KC

Sandstorm is available on amazon for 22.99: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Thrilling-Voyager-Sandstorm/dp/B00ATA2TB4/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1374283067&sr=1-1&keywords=sandstorm

Airachnid is actually in stock too for 12.99 (I know it's supposed to be a horrible figure, but I never once saw it in stores and every time I checked it was 20.00+ so this is the first time I've seen it online for "retail"): http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-98742-TRANSFORMERS-Prime-Revealers/dp/B006CD36OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374283044&sr=8-1&keywords=airrachnid

bread's done
Back