• Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Linkin Park Soundwave up for preorder..$150

soundwave12_1024x1024.jpg

http://store.suru-la.com/products/linkin-park-soundwave

Does this place charge right away or only once it ships.

I randomly went into a TRU in Glendale yesterday, having already given up on finding MP Soundwave. What do I see? Hidden behind a bunch of Voyager TF Beast Hunters, MP Acid Storm. I was kinda excited (how many of this mold do I really need) until I picked up the box and discovered all the tape strips had been broken. It looks like some low life swiped all of the accessories. Stuff like that is just salt in the wound.

I'm amazed that the Acid Storms are mostly gone.  I still see a few, but it's not like Thundercracker last year.

I've been seeing the Platinum Ultra Magnus, Platinum Grimlock + Bruticus, and yesterday I saw a couple Metroplex.  Even if I wanted Metroplex, at this point I would order it from BBTS or HTS out of spite.  I don't want to give TRU any of my money anymore.

On the one hand, I suppose it's good that TRU carries these things.  But I find it kind of frustrating.  They're wasting time and shelf space on these, when the exclusives that only they carry are nowhere to be found.  Why can't Hasbro put the Masterpiece figures on HTS or BBTS?  Problem solved. 

Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus Figure I saw this toy today, anything special? Worth the $60?
I don't think so. It's an extensive retool of Weaponizer Optimus Prime, and it's not $30+ extra of retool. It's also available at BBTS for $10 less, so unlike things that are exclusives to only TRU, you will probably be able to find them without any difficulty for some time. I would bet on this one being in a future BBTS clearance.

The box is the best thing. The retooling is also nice, but it is very toylike to me, and the white white color makes it look cheap, which is the opposite of "platinum" to me.

If you are a big fan of Ultra Magnus, maybe. Otherwise, probably not. If you have to have it, wait for a sale or clearance.

I picked up wave3 of the kreons yesterday. Just missing Guzzle and Nosecone. Haven't gotten around to opening them yet. Also saw Acid Storm, Plat Magnus, and Grimlock vs Bruticus at TRU.

I've not been paying attention at all lately and completely missed out on wave 2 kreons. Best deal I can find on ebay is $55

I picked up wave3 of the kreons yesterday. Just missing Guzzle and Nosecone. Haven't gotten around to opening them yet. Also saw Acid Storm, Plat Magnus, and Grimlock vs Bruticus at TRU.

I've not been paying attention at all lately and completely missed out on wave 2 kreons. Best deal I can find on ebay is $55
I didn't know Wave 3 was out. I haven't seen it yet.

I have to say I am impressed with Wave 2. Powerglide and Arcee are my favorite Kreons yet. This wave has really reinvigorated my interest in Kre-O. The "transformations" are still mostly laughable, but the figures have improved dramatically.

I don't think so. It's an extensive retool of Weaponizer Optimus Prime, and it's not $30+ extra of retool. It's also available at BBTS for $10 less, so unlike things that are exclusives to only TRU, you will probably be able to find them without any difficulty for some time. I would bet on this one being in a future BBTS clearance.

The box is the best thing. The retooling is also nice, but it is very toylike to me, and the white white color makes it look cheap, which is the opposite of "platinum" to me.

If you are a big fan of Ultra Magnus, maybe. Otherwise, probably not. If you have to have it, wait for a sale or clearance.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I am just glad to not have to buy it. LOL My son does love the masterpiece soundwave he got for his birthday, plays with it all the time. That was a good purchase. I bought him the FOC Bruticus from the retail stores and he opened one and does not even want to open the rest of them.

I didn't know Wave 3 was out. I haven't seen it yet.

I have to say I am impressed with Wave 2. Powerglide and Arcee are my favorite Kreons yet. This wave has really reinvigorated my interest in Kre-O. The "transformations" are still mostly laughable, but the figures have improved dramatically.
I got Wave 3 at Target. First time I had seen them. Target seems like the only place in my area that sells the packs.(yet they didn't have even a spot for the sets)

I ordered a case of 24 wave 2 kreons from BBTS for like $65, figured I can sell all the doubles and make more than 1/2 the money back. Seems a better deal than just the full set of 12 for $55 that Ive seen.

I wish they would just do away with the transformation if they can't make it self contained. All that extra crap just goes in a bag in my house. When I bought those 5 packs with the original kreons it was like a breath of fresh air.

I found Wave 3 at TRU today, plus they're doing BOGO50 on all Kre-O and the Kreons qualify. Got a full set for $31 and change.

I wish they would just do away with the transformation if they can't make it self contained. All that extra crap just goes in a bag in my house. When I bought those 5 packs with the original kreons it was like a breath of fresh air.
I agree, for the most part. Powerglide is great -- absolutely everything fits on him and it works reasonably well.

Arcee, however, has a whole load of crap that won't fit on her robot mode. The wheels are especially annoying because they not only don't fit, but you can't stick them anywhere and they roll away.

Most of the "transformations" aren't worth the hassle or the extra parts.

I grabbed the last two comicbook-pack-in guys I needed at Target this morning and a coupon printed out at the register for $3 off a Transformers purchase. The coupon says specifically "Predacons Rising" toys, but I may try it on other Transformers stuff, just to see if it works. My guess is that it will work on any Beast Hunters figure, but maybe not on Classics, etc.

For anyone who cares, I saw a Sharkticon Megatron in Target today. I'm out of collecting these days (unless I stumble across a good Alternator deal), but I still look at the isle and live vicariously through this thread.

For anyone who cares, I saw a Sharkticon Megatron in Target today. I'm out of collecting these days (unless I stumble across a good Alternator deal), but I still look at the isle and live vicariously through this thread.
I'm the same way. I collect the Transformers Kre-o and masterpiece alittle. But that's it.

Got an e-mail this morning from BBTS that they're taking preorders on a Soundblaster repaint of MP Soundwave that includes Ratbat.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11765&mode=retail

I was hoping they'd continue with the other cassettes, just not enthused if that's going to be the only way to get Ratbat.  Though I wouldn't fully object to the US getting a MP Soundblaster next year that includes Ratbat, Overkill, Slugfest, Beastbox and Squawktalk.

Got an e-mail this morning from BBTS that they're taking preorders on a Soundblaster repaint of MP Soundwave that includes Ratbat.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11765&mode=retail

I was hoping they'd continue with the other cassettes, just not enthused if that's going to be the only way to get Ratbat. Though I wouldn't fully object to the US getting a MP Soundblaster next year that includes Ratbat, Overkill, Slugfest, Beastbox and Squawktalk.
:drool:

I'd totally turn around and try and sell Soundblaster, but it'd be worth it for a complete con MP cassette lineup.

Good to see is still coming in every now and then. Would have loved a 2nd one, since the first one I got was smashed.
Looks like they removed the listing... which probably means they're completely out.

Mine is sitting at home and I won't get to check it for a few days. I hope mine isn't smashed... or one that was returned due to damaged.

Just a heads up to anyone that is interested - BBTS Twitter account says they're getting a limited restock of MP Megatron for preorder for anyone interested. Price is $214.99. Not bad considering import, secondary market prices

Looks like they removed the listing... which probably means they're completely out.

Mine is sitting at home and I won't get to check it for a few days. I hope mine isn't smashed... or one that was returned due to damaged.
It's been on and off a few times, they had Metroplex too but that one goes in and out as well, Wal-Mart still has it in stock for $124.99.

So.... , Venom, Brawn, Dead End, Cyclonus, Demolishor, uh..Mr. Plow?, Kup, Rhinox, Hot Rod, Sandstorm, Dreadwing/wind?

Some of the vehicles are approaching decent.  Beasts and insects are still a joke.  The paint decos on Rhinox, Hot Rod, and that last plane are really nice.

I never did post my thoughts about Wave 2.  Here they are:

Superstars: Powerglide, Arcee, Perceptor, Groove, Vehicon, Hoist, Lugnut

Good: Hardshell (aka Bombshell), Bulkhead

Mildly disappointing: Acidwing, Scourge

Loser: Blight (aka Blot)

Overall, this wave is so much better than Wave 1.  Transformations are still mostly pathetic, but there's some improvement.

The thing that really stands out is that the paint apps are 100% better, with more colors and applications.  One of my biggest complaints about the earlier waves is that they cheaped out, with single color apps or left too much unpainted.  This is no longer the case, and it's so welcome.

Also gone are the paint-obscuring chest shields.  Between this and the improved paint apps, I'm really quite happy.  They have listened and improved.

That shows in the number of great figures -- it's most of the set.  All of them are instantly recognizable as their characters and they have defining parts -- Powerglide's wings and helmet, Perceptor's scope, Hardshell's proboscis.

There's really only one loser, and that's Blight/Blot.  I'm not sure what they could have done, but reusing Predacon bits was not the right choice.  The beast mode is actually decent -- it's the robot that is a big pile of WTF.  Why choose this character?  I don't get it, and I even have a little fondness for the little whatever-he-is.

Scourge and Acidwing (Acid Storm) are also somewhat disappointing.  We've seen plenty of planes now.  Acid Storm is better than the monochromatic Sunstorm, but the defining thing about Acid Storm -- his pixel camo -- is a total missed opportunity.

Scourge is just wrong -- they tried to reuse parts again and they didn't fit this time.  Scourge should not have that helmet and should have his defining thing-on-top-of-his-head, as well as some wings.  The head is great.  Too bad the rest doesn't really say "Scourge".

The rest, though, are all good or very good.  Groove, for example -- that would be another "Why?" choice, but it's executed well.  If you showed it to me without telling me, I would know who it is.  (Blot/Blight? Not so much).

There's still some cheapness in evidence.  On my Hardshell, one of the insect legs is tight on the forearm, but the other isn't.  Tolerances are just not solid.  Also, while the increased paint and number of paint colors is great, it still pales next to Lego.

I'm mid-way through Wave 3, and it looks like they kept the quality up.  So long as they do, I'll keep getting them.  The good ones far outweigh the not-as-good ones.

So.... <unknown - Shockblast?>, Venom, Brawn, Dead End, Cyclonus, Demolishor, uh..Mr. Plow?, Kup, Rhinox, Hot Rod, Sandstorm, Dreadwing/wind?

Some of the vehicles are approaching decent. Beasts and insects are still a joke. The paint decos on Rhinox, Hot Rod, and that last plane are really nice.

I never did post my thoughts about Wave 2. Here they are:

Superstars: Powerglide, Arcee, Perceptor, Groove, Vehicon, Hoist, Lugnut

Good: Hardshell (aka Bombshell), Bulkhead

Mildly disappointing: Acidwing, Scourge

Loser: Blight (aka Blot)

Overall, this wave is so much better than Wave 1. Transformations are still mostly pathetic, but there's some improvement.

The thing that really stands out is that the paint apps are 100% better, with more colors and applications. One of my biggest complaints about the earlier waves is that they cheaped out, with single color apps or left too much unpainted. This is no longer the case, and it's so welcome.

Also gone are the paint-obscuring chest shields. Between this and the improved paint apps, I'm really quite happy. They have listened and improved.

That shows in the number of great figures -- it's most of the set. All of them are instantly recognizable as their characters and they have defining parts -- Powerglide's wings and helmet, Perceptor's scope, Hardshell's proboscis.

There's really only one loser, and that's Blight/Blot. I'm not sure what they could have done, but reusing Predacon bits was not the right choice. The beast mode is actually decent -- it's the robot that is a big pile of WTF. Why choose this character? I don't get it, and I even have a little fondness for the little whatever-he-is.

Scourge and Acidwing (Acid Storm) are also somewhat disappointing. We've seen plenty of planes now. Acid Storm is better than the monochromatic Sunstorm, but the defining thing about Acid Storm -- his pixel camo -- is a total missed opportunity.

Scourge is just wrong -- they tried to reuse parts again and they didn't fit this time. Scourge should not have that helmet and should have his defining thing-on-top-of-his-head, as well as some wings. The head is great. Too bad the rest doesn't really say "Scourge".

The rest, though, are all good or very good. Groove, for example -- that would be another "Why?" choice, but it's executed well. If you showed it to me without telling me, I would know who it is. (Blot/Blight? Not so much).

There's still some cheapness in evidence. On my Hardshell, one of the insect legs is tight on the forearm, but the other isn't. Tolerances are just not solid. Also, while the increased paint and number of paint colors is great, it still pales next to Lego.

I'm mid-way through Wave 3, and it looks like they kept the quality up. So long as they do, I'll keep getting them. The good ones far outweigh the not-as-good ones.
I think the 4th wave is:

Alpha Trion, Barrage or Venom, Brawn, Wildrider, Cyclonus, Demolishor, Iceberg, Kup, Rhinox, Hot Rod, Sandstorm, Slipstream

The chest shield had to go. It made the paint apps pointless. They picked Blot because they had the rest of the Terrorcons in the Abominus set. I really like wave 3

Where is a good site for me to sell some of the MISB Transformers I am looking to offload?  I don't have a trade/sell history other than what I have here on CAG.

I have ROTF Leader Class Jetfire, ROTF Leader Class Shadow Command Megatron, and TRU MP Grimlock.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Found IDW Generations Hoist and Thundercracker at Target.   No evidence of the Goldbug/Skids/Waspinator/Dreadwing wave.  It was just Hoist, Thundercracker, and reships of the first IDW wave.

Picked up Hoist, passed on Thundercracker.  I am not rebuying all the seekers in this sculpt; one was enough for me.

Can anyone give me an opinion on whether this is a good transformer for playing and displaying , it sure seems like it will take up a lot of room that we don't have!--Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure-- my son is interested but it is expensive.  Anybody have it?  He loves the masterpiece soundwave I got him for his birthday.   I will be buying it for approx. $100 if that helps with your opinion.

Can anyone give me an opinion on whether this is a good transformer for playing and displaying , it sure seems like it will take up a lot of room that we don't have!--Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure-- my son is interested but it is expensive. Anybody have it? He loves the masterpiece soundwave I got him for his birthday. I will be buying it for approx. $100 if that helps with your opinion.
I have Metroplex, and I think it's awesome. Granted I mostly just display it, but it's honestly a site to behold IMO. I paid $115 for it and don't regret it. I even bought some of the small figures (legion? whatever size Scamper is) to go with him because I thought he was so cool.

I have Metroplex, and I think it's awesome. Granted I mostly just display it, but it's honestly a site to behold IMO. I paid $115 for it and don't regret it. I even bought some of the small figures (legion? whatever size Scamper is) to go with him because I thought he was so cool.
Costco is supposed to have it for $80

Mickeyp:  I was a huge hater of Metroplex prior to having it in hand.  It looked very very "simple", and is... That said, it's now one of my favorite Transformers ever :D   The size of the damn thing is something that just has to be experienced in person.  It's a very, very nicely detailed mold and while it could definitely benefit from paint apps, the stickers (100+, took me about 2.5 hours to apply them all) really make it pop, especially in this modern era of minimal paint/detailing.  And that 2.5 hour sticker application?  I loved every second.  Huge nostalgia rush of "helping" my dad apply them to my G1 toys as a kid.

Got mine off Amazon and zero regrets.  If you can find it at Costco for 80 it's a freaking steal.  It's also got a ton of play value (since he transformers into a mobile carrier and city for smaller figs) that I can see your son appreciating much more than I would, so even better for you.  Get it for him and lock in that "Mom of the Year" award :D

Does anybody have an item number so I can try and find it at Costco?

Never mind, found it myself, here it is if anybody else needs it, 994294.

Went to TRU today, saw Metroplex, Acid Storm, and the Ultra Magnus special edition figure. It felt like a dream where the store has everything you want....in stock! I only bought Metroplex, I'm going back tomorrow to pick up Acid Storm.

I price matched Metroplex at TRU to the Costco price. All I did was show the Customer Service lady a photo of the stack of Metros at the Costco with the price visible. I also had close up photos of the price card and the UPC from the box, but she said she didn't need to see those. Not only did I get him for $79.99 + tax, but because it's TRU I get the rewards points and I've contributed to my 10% cash back for the holidays.

It was easy since the Costco and TRU are right next to each other.  :p

I price matched Metroplex at TRU to the Costco price. All I did was show the Customer Service lady a photo of the stack of Metros at the Costco with the price visible. I also had close up photos of the price card and the UPC from the box, but she said she didn't need to see those. Not only did I get him for $79.99 + tax, but because it's TRU I get the rewards points and I've contributed to my 10% cash back for the holidays.

It was easy since the Costco and TRU are right next to each other. :p
Damn I'll just pick him up from costco, I got a 10 dollar coupon there.

I know it's already been said here and elsewhere that I'm sure most of us frequent, however I have to say I cannot get over how freakin' massive Metroplex actually is. It's like being a kid again with a "my size" Transformer. And he is hefty too; fairly heavy for being all plastic. Some of his phrases are awesome, and the light up chest is cool and all, but for me (and my twisted sense of humor) it's all about the individually articulated fingers. Metroplex rode shotgun on my commute today, happily flipping the bird with both hands to all the other drivers.  ;)

I picked up Metroplex on Wednesday at costco.  I'll give it to my son for the holidays, he should be excited!

I had to hide that big box.

Glad you were able to pricematch at TRU good idea about using rewards points.   I actually get points for using costco card and they give money back at end of year I think.

How did Thomas96 get a coupon for costco?

I saw Kre-O Transformers Custom Kreon at TRU I got optimus and soundwave for my son.  I hope they are good-did anyone get these?

Anybody seen these in a store -TRANSFORMERS 3" BLINDBOX MINI SERIES?  or do you have to buy online?  Are these nice?

Heads up!

I picked up a number of Transformers on clearance today.  I got Abominus ($7.48), Darksteel ($9.99) and Sharkticon Megatron ($13.98).  I also saw Shockwave ($13.98).

This is not all Targets, as I was at one yesterday that had no Transformers of any kind on clearance.  I thought it was worth mentioning, though.

bread's done
Back