10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, those are some good prices.  Was just at Target yesterday that had the Ultimate Predaking on sale... for 3 cents off.  Seriously.  59.96.  With a big sale tag.   sigh.

Part of me wants the Ultimate scale Prime and Predaking, but they look like supersized basic figures and are 60 bucks each... C'mon clearance/sale!

Finally got around to Costco and they still haven't received any in the Inland Empire, they said they were scheduled to get some almost 2 weeks ago but still haven't came in.

G2 Sideswipe is coming out the beginning of next year. Wheeljack and Bumblebee are next. Also heard something about Ultra Magnus w/ combinable trailer

Prowl and Bluestreak are available from importers, I don't think Smokescreen is out yet but should be by the end of the year.  The ones wastedyouth posted appear to be scheduled for next year, as well as a Soundblaster repaint of Soundwave is coming with a Ratbat cassette.

On November 19th, Takara Tomy will announce the winner of the fan poll for which Autobot / Maximal / Cybertron leader should get the Masterpiece treatment as part of the 30th anniversary.  Some Googling finds articles in July saying Star Saber was leading, followed by Armada Optimus and Dai Atlas, don't know if there are more recent updates.

There's a 20% off purchase coupon on the Toys R Us home site, good until Nov 2nd.

C'mon Hasbro, work out your licensing so we can see the new MP's stateside!  They could get licensed cars for movie and Alternators, so it should be possible right?

Just don't want to pay that much for such small figs, regardless of how good they are.

MP BB, if it happens, might break me, provided it follows the others with a G1-esque mode, but what happened to VW not wanting their stuff associated with "war" (why BB was a camero for the movies etc)?

You could spring for a Quakewave.
I was thinking about that and then I found out he doesn't make the gun sounds. The sounds were the best part of the toy. I wish I would have took better care of shockwave when I had him. If I could only go back in time.

I got my MP Bluestreak from BBTS.  I love Bluestreak but I'm a bit disappointed.  It looks beautiful but feels more like a $10-15 toy than a masterpiece, materials-wise.  I don't think I will be picking up Prowl or Smokescreen.

Metroplex I must get though...to Costco!

So this is a newb question but years ago when the first MP came stateside, I got the first issue Optimus that came to TRU. I still love that toy but the whole thing has become really confusing with all the reissues and many not coming stateside. If I was looking to spend around 100-150 max per figure are there any worth chasing down on ebay? I remember seeing the Grimlock TRU for 70 bucks years ago and regret not buying it so that would be one I'm interested in. I've seen the Sideswipe, Prowl, and Red Alert as low as 60-70 coming from china but Soundwave is 100 minimum. Is this a case of knock offs or fakes being sold? Are the smaller cars just less expensive? Are they more cheaply made? A quick primer would be great if anyone knows a good reference or has some pointers for me.

The TRU Soundwave is definitely worth it with all the extras compared to the Takara version but if you dont mind the gold chroming on Optimus, you may want to wait and see how much the Year of the Horse MP-10 reissue will be.

Prowl, Blue Streak, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Smokescreen, Bumblebee, and Wheeljack are all smaller and fit in Optimus's trailer so they are usually $75-$80 after import fees.

Starscream and Sunstorm are $175 to $200 for the japanese versions.

Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Acid Storm US Versions can be had for $60 to $100 on the secondary market.

Megatron, Grimlock, and Ultra Magnus are $200+ import

Where is a good site for me to sell some of the MISB Transformers I am looking to offload? I don't have a trade/sell history other than what I have here on CAG.

I have ROTF Leader Class Jetfire, ROTF Leader Class Shadow Command Megatron, and TRU MP Grimlock.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Try to unload the MP Grimlock on eBay. I bought one for my brother in law for his birthday and then returned the one I bought for myself because I needed the money. They get something like $180 or so. Best of luck on it. I don't know if anyone looks for old ROTF stuff.

I was looking at the review of the third party war for cybertron swoop figure. Great figure but I don't want to spend 80 dollars.

Snagged this at Target today... $23.36 after 70% off...

C2BF575A-5459-4217-B0F8-68EF231692F4_zpsqp5pi6f0.jpg

Nice, I actually really really liked DotM Ultimate Optimus.  I'm a sucker for any mech suit/upgrade modes though (RID/Car Robots Fire Convoy and Ultra Magnus?  Hngggggg).

Really wish there was more worth talkin about in here.  Waspinator and Skids are out... I guess?  Still haven't seen em.  Haven't heard of Rinox hitting retail.  Wish I'd have caught him on HBTS.

I HATE this time of year though.  No store will fucking restock regularly due to waiting for their resets, so anything that does come out is hard as nails to find.

Nice, I'll have to keep an eye out.  I'm in Illinois so hopefully my Meijer will get them soon too.  They've been popping up in Targets near Chicago for a while now, but I haven't seen any way out north of the city where I am.  My local Meijer doesn't currently even have deluxe generations... Not overly concerned, as Skids already has a confirmed repaint, and I'd be surprised if Waspinator didn't get a Buzzsaw repaint at some point (or maybe even something completely out of left field, like trying to paint him like Kickback, lol)

anyone know where I can pick up a revenge of the fallen "construction Devastator" and "arcee"? Missing those two, to complete my movie revenge of the fallen line up.

anyone know where I can pick up a revenge of the fallen "construction Devastator" and "arcee"? Missing those two, to complete my movie revenge of the fallen line up.
Devastator Legends or full size? Both are on eBay and can be gotten reasonably (they used to be more). Both are flawed. The Legends size is cute and the vehicles transform into robots (unlike the full size version), but it's simplistic and not very posable. The big one is also limited and not very posable, but it's huge and imposing.

Arcee is a POS. I know you want it to complete a collection, but it's still a POS. What were they thinking with those bikes and the scoliosis combiner they made? Horrifying. Glad I sold them off. You can get them all dirt cheap on eBay.

Devastator Legends or full size? Both are on eBay and can be gotten reasonably (they used to be more). Both are flawed. The Legends size is cute and the vehicles transform into robots (unlike the full size version), but it's simplistic and not very posable. The big one is also limited and not very posable, but it's huge and imposing.

Arcee is a POS. I know you want it to complete a collection, but it's still a POS. What were they thinking with those bikes and the scoliosis combiner they made? Horrifying. Glad I sold them off. You can get them all dirt cheap on eBay.
Full size, is like the Movie Leader, size? I am talking about the one that is already put together and is huge.

when you mean arcee is POS, what does that mean? Arcee is the pink bike? I am having my doubts now,

since I know there is a light blue one, and a dark blue one?

Full size, is like the Movie Leader, size? I am talking about the one that is already put together and is huge.

when you mean arcee is POS, what does that mean? Arcee is the pink bike? I am having my doubts now,

since I know there is a light blue one, and a dark blue one?
Piece o' shit. It is horrible. All the ROTF bikes are terrible, though Arcee is the most disappointing. It barely transforms, and it has this weird, backbreaking posture. I have no idea what they were thinking and I pity any kid who got this as a toy. All three bikes combine, which is a feature Hasbro tried to hide when they realized how disappointing and awful the result was. Elita-1 is pink, Chromia is blue, and Arcee is reddish magenta.

The motorcycle mode is nice, as is the sidecar. But the robot is just awful beyond words. I didn't love Chromia, but it's at least different without being too crappy. Unless you have to complete a collection, there are so many better motorcyles and better Arcee figures. Though you can get it for $2.25 with free shipping on eBay. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Both the Legends Devastator and the Leader come put together in the box, but you want the big guy. So long as you don't want him mint in package, you can get him without paying a premium. It's a shame we don't have Value Village here in the states (it's a thrift shop chain in Canada). Pieces of the big guy would show up regularly.

Piece o' shit. It is horrible. All the ROTF bikes are terrible, though Arcee is the most disappointing. It barely transforms, and it has this weird, backbreaking posture. I have no idea what they were thinking and I pity any kid who got this as a toy. All three bikes combine, which is a feature Hasbro tried to hide when they realized how disappointing and awful the result was. Elita-1 is pink, Chromia is blue, and Arcee is reddish magenta.

The motorcycle mode is nice, as is the sidecar. But the robot is just awful beyond words. I didn't love Chromia, but it's at least different without being too crappy. Unless you have to complete a collection, there are so many better motorcyles and better Arcee figures. Though you can get it for $2.25 with free shipping on eBay. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Both the Legends Devastator and the Leader come put together in the box, but you want the big guy. So long as you don't want him mint in package, you can get him without paying a premium. It's a shame we don't have Value Village here in the states (it's a thrift shop chain in Canada). Pieces of the big guy would show up regularly.
Mang, sounds like you know a lot about transformers. I got late in to them. I enjoyed the first movie, so I coughed up and arm in a leg to get each of the figures from the first movie. I was late to the game, especially in my area, Los Angeles, all those dam collectors buying up everything. I don't mind a mint condition. I just need arcee and the big devastator. Does chroma, and elita-1 come out in the revenge of the fallen film? Pretty much, I collected each character from each film, hopefully. I don't know how to cross-reference.

I found Generations Minicon Assault Team, Armada Starscream, and Skywarp today at Toys R Us.  I picked up the first two.  Skywarp?  Really?  We're going to do this with the FoC models, too?  I'll only pick that one up if I get it for dirt cheap.

Still have seen no sign of Waspinator or Skids anywhere, or Rhinox.  I've seen nothing new at Target since before the holidays and Wal-Mart has been a wasteland.  TRU seems to be getting a case of each wave and calling it a day.

I haven't opened Armada Starscream yet.  Minicon Assault Team seemed so interesting.

It is a very ambitious mold...that is really brought down by cheap plastic.  If I didn't open this myself, I'd swear it was a knock-off.  The plastic is cheap and thin and doesn't have the right feel.

The paint job sucks.  The front part of the helicopter keeps falling off and the jet arms are also prone to it.  The helicopter rotors wobble and seem to be attached by a flimsy plastic part.  For a few minutes, I thought it was broken.

This is a real shame, because other than the poor quality of the materials, the design is really good.  This is easily the best Minicon combiner.  I had all the others and they're...not particularly good.  This one makes a full sized Deluxe figure with articulation.  Connections are solid and all three components each have their own robot mode.  There are a lot of interesting and unusual ideas and good design.

There are compromises for size, but they're appropriate and it's all pretty clever.  There is a lot of play value here, and while there' s a lot of transformation going between modes, it's not a bother.  I really wish the materials measured up to the design.

The comic book is pretty but incomprehensible and it doesn't even feature the Minicon Assault Team in any meaningful way.  If the future is more cost cutting and compromises, I'd rather the money be going into the materials and the figure than a barely connected comic book.

you hit the nail on the head with those three figures.  I liked the look of the starscream, and especially that minicon team.  it looks so cool but i am glad i did not buy.  it seams these figures are getting cheaper.  i am glad i still have my armada starscream.  the skywarp looked terrible.

The normally useless HasbroToyShop.com has Generations Voyagers Whirl and Doubledealer, as well as Deluxes Scoop, Minicon Assault Team, and Armada Starscream available to order[*].  Unfortunately, Rhinox, Waspinator, and Skids are sold out.

[*]It says Whirl and Doubledealer don't ship until 2/24, and Scoop not until March.  Whatever.

Free shipping if your order is above $50.  Voyagers are 19.99, which is good.  Deluxes are $14.99, which is not as good.

I don't want to miss Whirl and am fond of Doubledealer (even if it is a Blitzwing remold/retool/recolor) so I ordered.

All Generation pegs in my town have been pretty bare lately. I have 3 Walmarts, a Target, a Meijer, and a TRU. Target had one Goldfire left the other day. I remember when all the pegs were overflowing with TF a few years ago.

Picked up Ultimate Predaking at Target clearance today.  14 bucks plus tax.  Still not convinced it was worth it.  How anyone in their right minds could think this giant chunk of plastic is worth 60 bucks...  Pretty decent bot mode, but boring as hell transformation (like 6-8 steps... tops) and the dragon mode is pretty terribad.  He can't even look straight forward due to a stupid light up gimick (batteries not included, when this fucker already costs 60 bucks retail?  WHAT?!)  Also, the way his upper and lower jaws are molded, when his mouth opens, the lower "jaw" has his upper fangs molded as part of that piece, so suddenly he looks like he's in the middle of accidentally spitting out dentures...

I'd say I'm getting jaded, as I was also fairly disappointed in the latest Generations deluxes (scoop has a giant gaping mother fucking HOLE in the front of his alt mode.  between the front wheels:
1387210213_4.jpg
just... wtf?  The minicons, as blandstalker stated, are a great idea with sloppy execution due to feeling so cheap, and Armada Screamer is ok, but I pretty much hate all things Armada by default).

However, I actually kinda dug the Ultimate BH Optimus, simplistic transformation and dumb ass gimmick and all...

I went to two Targets yesterday.  There were plenty of Predakings at $15.

The first had the Minicon Assault Team/Skywarp/Starscream assortment.  The second didn't, but did have a lone Goldbug, so there's hope that Target is getting the Waspinator wave in there.

My Doubledealer and Whirl shipped already.  Still waiting for Scoop, but now I'm not quite so enthused.  The hole is bad, but so is the boring colors and what looks like a complete lack of detail.

What is happening to Generations?

In addition to Prowl coming to TRU this year, it looks like Acid Storm might also.  Which would just be quite the kick in the nuts because I literally just bought the last Sunstorm from BBTS yesterday.  If I can get more concrete info I may cancel and put the store credit towards Coronation Starscream.

What masterpieces are out this year?
Supposedly at least Prowl and Sunstorm in the US.

Japan is getting Wheeljack, Soundblaster (with Ratbat), G2 Sideswipe, a special version of Bluestreak, 2nd runs of Sideswipe and Red Alert, and supposedly Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus.

bread's done
Back