10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
HTS got Silverbolt to me yesterday.  Here are some thoughts about Silverbolt and Superion.

Silverbolt : Silverbolt is a very good robot, a great combiner body, and an okay jet.

The robot looks terrific.  Totally Silverbolt, with a minimum (for a jet) of kibble.  Poseable.  I have no complaints about robot mode, except perhaps paint.  There is a decent amount, but he is a little plain.  Weirdly, the orange on the arms and legs is paint over black plastic (??) that doesn't match the package art or the actual orange plastic, but whatever.

Jet mode is another matter.  As is typical with Silverbolt, it's a plane with a robot bolted to the bottom.  From the bottom, the jet looks terrible.  From the front, you can still see robot junk.  I looked on the box to see, and yeah -- that really is the alt mode.

It's a Concorde, and it looks decent from the top.  From the side it looks okay, but chunky.  Silverbolt is generally good about hiding stuff -- the head and feet fold away -- but you can see the fists.  There is a fold-down landing gear, but it is oddly close to the body.  Jet mode is not really why you buy Silverbolt.

Transformation to all three modes is great.  Intuitive, simple, but not basic.  Best of all, everything is tabbed and locked.  This was the great tragedy of Energon Silverbolt.

I think my favorite thing about Silverbolt is that his combined form is very different than what we have seen in the past, and it works so well.  The original Silverbolt -- you put a new helmet, spread his legs, attached some junk, and called it a combined form.  Energon Silverbolt was more self contained, but didn't hold together.

This Silverbolt takes that idea and flips it.  The combined head comes out of the torso and folds down to the bottom of the plane.  Silverbolt's robot arms become the combined legs.  It's clever and it looks great. The plane's undercarriage junk comes together to form the combined chest plate.

What is also absolutely wonderful about Silverbolt is the mechanism used to connect limbs/other robots.  Original Silverbolt had the limbs stick their heads into a socket.  Energon Silverbolt used a plug that was difficult to attach and detach, but was solid.  Third party combiners have used variations on this theme.  Some of them are so hard to attach/detach that I worry about breakage.

Now we have something completely new, and it's great.  a square peg slides into the shoulders or legs.  At first, I was hesitant because I thought it would slide out.  But it doesn't.  It is easy to put in, easy to get out, solid, and effective.

Downsides?  Superion's antennae are soft plastic, and they don't want to point straight up.  I'm not a fan of soft plastic.  Fortunately, you can get them most of the way which looks good.

Superion

Superion is impressive.  It's solid.  Nothing falls off or out.  Poseability is quite high, and you have the freedom for knee and elbow joints in the middle of limbs.  Balance is a bit of an issue with some poses, especially since the feet do not have much surface area and there's no ankle tilt.  Overall, he is heavier than FoC Bruticus, but light enough to not have his weight constantly dragging down limbs or pitching him forwards or backwards.

Each of the limbs have strong ratchets.  The mid-sections of the jets are not terribly strong, so some poses (especially when they are legs) may collapse.  The jet arms really have nowhere to go, which is especially apparent when it's an arm.  This is one spot that Alpha Bravo does better than the rest, as his arms peg on and don't look like they are out of place.

Slightly taller than FoC Bruticus and with better proportions, it looks like Hasbro/Takara have learned from that combiner.

Closing Thoughts

I'm a fan.  This is better than I thought it was going to be.  Total cost for Superion is roughly $85, which is less than the cost of a single third party robot.  Is it as good?  No.  Is it close?  Yes.

The hands and feet are a bit of a concern.  They're definitely clever, but they don't look all that great.  They look better in person than they did in the preview photos, but they're still not great.  The feet are too small and no ankle tilt limits poseability.  The hands are okay, but the guns/whatever at the end obscure the fingers and the whole thing comes off more claw than hand.  Massive improvement over G1 and Energon.  There are third party enhancement kits already, and I'm seriously considering picking up one.   $35 is a bit too pricey for one set, but its still way less than $500.  I would like to see if it makes a big difference.  I may wait, though.  I imagine this will be something that we'll see a lot of, possibly even on ShapeWays or through other means.

Superion looks great, is poseable, and is easy and fun to transform.  It is not simplistic -- we are way beyond G1 -- but it's also not so complicated and involved that you have to sit for a half an hour or more to change everything just right.  I still haven't been able to put together FansProject not-Menasor.  I actually like it because it is the right amount of complexity.

I will definitely be picking up everything Combiner Wars throws at me.  Multiples and repaints if they're cool and I can find them at less than MSRP. 

They're good enough that I'm putting third party combiners on hold.  Quantron (not-Computron) looks way cool, and I have heard great things about it and not-Abominus and not-Predaking, but I don't really want to drop $400-$500 per combiner, no matter how awesome they are. Combiner Wars is not the same level of quality, but it's also 1/5 the price and I don't have to have a heart attack about something breaking.

In short: If you at all like combiners, Combiner Wars is doing it right.  Finally.  Don't even hesitate.

I'm mostly a lurker here but thought someone may have some advice.  I'm looking at some of the really cool looking 3rd party stuff like Fans Toys dibots and make toys green giant. These are pretty pricy and I wondered if someone could vouch for the quality rather than trust youtubers who are hardcore fans of all things Transformers.

I'm mostly a lurker here but thought someone may have some advice. I'm looking at some of the really cool looking 3rd party stuff like Fans Toys dibots and make toys green giant. These are pretty pricy and I wondered if someone could vouch for the quality rather than trust youtubers who are hardcore fans of all things Transformers.
I don't have any experience with either, but thought I should mention that Devastator was found listed in the Toys 'R Us system. So we may see a new version very soon.

There were a lot of people disappointed in the quality control of the first dibot, slag/Scoria, but I'm happy with mine.  Most seemed to be complaining about loose shoulders.  It's a bit bigger than Masterpiece Grimlock but comes with a foot attachment so at least the height is the same.  I haven't gotten Swoop yet, though.

Green Giant is pretty cool, though as someone said for the budget conscience you might want to wait for the Hasbro/Takara version to at least see what it looks like.  There are in general two 3rd party devastators: Green Giant is a bit smaller, I think around the same size as the combiner wars robots in combined mode.  TFC Hercules is bigger, but IMHO the robots are less detailed for the size.  You'll find proponents of each.  I would recommend watching a video review or looking at  picture reviews online, especially if this is your first big purchase. 

I have Hercules, the not-Devastator from TFC toys.  I also have not-Menasor from FansProject.

In general, if you buy something from: FansToys, MMC, Fans Project, Unique Toys, TFC, Perfect Effect or Maketoys then you are most likely going to be pleased with your purchase.  On the whole, people are satisfied with the quality and design and they are at worst the equal of Hasbro/Takara, and often better.  Better quality materials, more paint, and the complete opposite of Hasbro's constant cheapification.  Then again, you are paying for it.

There are exceptions.  Not everyone loved Uranos, the not-Superion.  I generally love everything FansProject has done, but I have some reservations about their not-Menasor.

However, reservations is not the same as poor quality.  I recently got one of the Tetra fighters from Impossible Toys, and that one is low quality.  Better than say, Windblade, but it's thin and sloppy and looks and feels like it is just shy of a KO.  I also got Toyworld's Hegemon (aka not-Megatron), which a lot of people really liked.  Mine was either already broken or broke on a ball joint instantly.  It also felt like cheaper quality plastic.  I won't be buying any more of ToyWorld's stuff, though Hegemon wasn't money down the drain.

Hercules is quality all the way.  There were a couple of defects in Hercules...and TFC toys sent out replacement parts with subsequent Hercules bots.  This, to me, is great customer service.  One of the defects, I didn't even notice.  The other was annoying to fix, but they did send out the parts free of charge and fixed the issue.

I would say a few things before going third-party:

1) They will spoil you.  They will show you what is possible.  I have all the FansProject Headmasters, and they are freaking amazing.  They are worth every cent of the $60ish I spend on each of them, and I would buy each of them again in a heartbeat.  I just got Hasbro's Brainstorm and, while it's good, there is no competition.  Their not-Mindwipe made me love a toy that I thought was just a goofy brick.  I would rather have one of their toys than four of Hasbro's.

2) Do your research.  There are now a lot of options.  What is important to you?  For some people, it's scale.  They are looking for things that are size appropriate for their Classics or Masterpiece collection.  Or they want to collect certain things, like combiners.  Or they want the best version of each figure.  Decide what you want, since getting everything is prohibitively expensive.

3) You may want to wait.  Each of the third-party combiners is going to cost you $300 - $500.  The Combiner Wars products are pretty good.  They don't have the same quality, but they have a tremendous cost advantage.  Do you want to get one third-party combiner or five Combiner Wars combiners?  It's not an idle question.  For me, personally, Combiner Wars has relieved the desire to get some of the third party combiners.  I don't have to spend $400-$500 to have something that I will be happy with.

4) Relax.  Most third-party stuff at least holds its value.  There have been some exceptions, like War Lord, but nearly everything -- you can sell it for what you paid, if not more.  This makes it very low risk.  Don't like it?  Sell it.  You won't take a bath on it.

With Silverbolt, I am having a hard time getting the gun to sit secure in his hand. Anyone else with the issue? It just seems the way the hand joint is and the tab for the gun, there is not enough length for the handle.

I have Hercules, the not-Devastator from TFC toys. I also have not-Menasor from FansProject....
This was unbelievable helpful. Thanks. I'm edging closer to going with the Fans Toys dibots and Green Giant but understanding that 3rd party generally is pretty good quality (at least at those prices) and doesn't totally deteriorate in value is great to hear.

Now I need to figure out how to rationalize a $200 toy with my wife...

This was unbelievable helpful. Thanks. I'm edging closer to going with the Fans Toys dibots and Green Giant but understanding that 3rd party generally is pretty good quality (at least at those prices) and doesn't totally deteriorate in value is great to hear.

Now I need to figure out how to rationalize a $200 toy with my wife...
You could say that you want to spend a premium on a single figure and not get a bunch of cheaper toys that will just end up in a bin. After all, everyone's shelf space is finite, why not fill it with the good stuff?

The problem is, we all know that's a lie, so it's hard to say that with a straight face. Like these aren't just a gateway drug.

Seriously blandstalker, your reviews are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I read all of them and you have some fantastic insights. Keep 'em coming.

Great input on Superion Blandstalker!  Dangit, I still haven't found any CW figs.  I've got Silverbolt coming this weekend from Amazon at least.

I did finally get Arms Micron Swerve (Autobot repaint/new head of Prime Breakdown) since we're clearly never getting Breakdown released, and Swerve was much cheaper.  First Arms Micron fig too.  Fun little fig, not complex at all, kinda goofy, but fun to snap together.  Swerve feels closer to something that could have been a First Edition figure than most of the PRID line.  Complex without being difficult, and for the most part everything collapses nicely in robot mode.  He's a bit plain, but uses most of the same details as Breakdown, which on the show was himself pretty darn plain, especially in bot mode.

I really like the foil stickers that came with it for both the AM and Swerve himself.  MUCH higher quality, better cuts, and actually shaped to perfectly fit indentations on the figs, as opposed to the shit that came with Whirl, Roadbuster, and Kreon figs that are on that clear plastic material, look like crap, and aren't even remotely cut to correct size on the sheet.  Not to mention you just typically line them up on a vacant field as best as you think fits, instead of in molded elements of the figs.

Overall pretty cool figure and I definitely recommend picking up at least one version of the mold if you can find it for a good price. 

I know I'm late to the party and please forgive my ignorance. For backstory, my youngest son has found an absolute love of Transformers the past few months. Post holidays I was hoping to purchase Metroplex and store it for his birthday in early August (we had our Xmas shipping done months prior). However, it looks like it was pulled from shelves? Haven't seen it at TRU, Amazon listings are all expensive third-party, and the Hasbro website doesn't seem to list it anymore. Cheapest I can find so far is $160 from BBTS. Does anyone know where one can be had cheaper? Many thanks in advance from a novice. 

I know I'm late to the party and please forgive my ignorance. For backstory, my youngest son has found an absolute love of Transformers the past few months. Post holidays I was hoping to purchase Metroplex and store it for his birthday in early August (we had our Xmas shipping done months prior). However, it looks like it was pulled from shelves? Haven't seen it at TRU, Amazon listings are all expensive third-party, and the Hasbro website doesn't seem to list it anymore. Cheapest I can find so far is $160 from BBTS. Does anyone know where one can be had cheaper? Many thanks in advance from a novice.
Your a year too late, they had these at Costco for CHEAP!!! TRU had them for sub $100 too and I think there was a coupon around at the time too. If it makes you feel any better I missed out on him too, at this point bbts may be your safest bet.

You can always go in the other direction...

http://tfsource.com/make-toys/utopia/

reduced-image_8976_106.jpg

Can someone guide me to the right site so I can research combiner wars I want to get me son a set and I want to know which ones are part of which combiner?  Is it written on package?   I haven't seen them in stores yet.  Any advice on which to pick would be appreciated.    We have a superion I think from an older series.   Thanks

Can someone guide me to the right site so I can research combiner wars I want to get me son a set and I want to know which ones are part of which combiner?  Is it written on package?   I haven't seen them in stores yet.  Any advice on which to pick would be appreciated.    We have a superion I think from an older series.   Thanks

Can someone guide me to the right site so I can research combiner wars I want to get me son a set and I want to know which ones are part of which combiner? Is it written on package? I haven't seen them in stores yet. Any advice on which to pick would be appreciated. We have a superion I think from an older series. Thanks
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/sdcc-2014-coverage-official-images-of-generations-combiner-wars-aerialbots-and-stunticons/30904/

Wave 1 is already out. Wave 2 should be out shortly. Unfortunately, you can't make a complete Superion yet since one of the jets has not been released. Also, they replaced Slingshot with Alpha Bravo since they are following the comic continuity where Slingshot died.

Superion (Aerialbots)

Silverbolt (Wave 1)

Skydive (Wave 1)

Alpha Bravo (Wave 1)

Firefly (Wave 1)

Air Raid (Wave 2)

Menasor (Stunticons)

Motormaster (Wave 2)

Dragstrip (Wave 1)

Breakdown (Wave 2)

Dead End (Wave 2)

Offroad (Wave 2)

Can someone guide me to the right site so I can research combiner wars I want to get me son a set and I want to know which ones are part of which combiner? Is it written on package? I haven't seen them in stores yet. Any advice on which to pick would be appreciated. We have a superion I think from an older series. Thanks
Really, though, the limbs all can either be an arm or a leg for any combiner. So if you or your son don't care that much about the actual characters (which it doesn't seem like you do, and if you do, you'll probably have problems with the Alpha Bravo anyway), you can get four of any combination of deluxes and any voyager and make a combiner.

I've found Combiner Wars a couple of times at Target this week, so maybe they're finally getting distributed again.  Target has decent prices, too, with Voyagers at 22.99 and Deluxes at 13.50.

Voyager/Ultra Prime

In short: Nice vehicle, great robot, disappointing combiner mode

Perhaps the nicest thing I can say about this Prime is that it is still worth picking up after the army of Primes that have come before it.  Just when you think you have seen it all, there's a new spin on it.  The vehicle is beyond decent -- a step up from some recent Primes we have gotten -- and the robot mode is really nice.  Very low kibble, very Prime-y.  This is all the more remarkable when it's really Motormaster, repurposed as Prime to sell more toys.  Still, whatever the reason, it's actually a good Prime.

However, the downside is pretty severe.  The falldown for this is the combined mode, which is the major reason you're getting this toy. 

The worst offender is the hips/legs.  They just don't work too well and they are misproportioned.  While Silverbolt is pretty stable, Prime has wobbly hips that look ridiculous.  They are way too high, even when you fudge them by jamming the legs up behind the torso shield.  Silverbolt looks properly proportioned and "Ultra Prime" looks weird.

Issues appear with Ultra Prime that didn't occur with Silverbolt.  The limbs seem to want to disconnect more.  The poses don't feel as natural.  Worst of all is that the ratchets and joints just aren't strong enough to hold the weight of the legs.  Ultra Prime doesn't fall over, but the legs flop and the joints don't stay in the positions you put them in. 

I really hope they fix these issues on Motormaster, because right now Menasor is looking pretty disappointing.

In some ways, it is awfully close to greatness.  I like the way they dealt with the multiple heads -- it's clever and it works well.  The combined mode has a lot of nifty features, with it hiding the Fatimus chest details, the Ultra head, and the torso plate way better than Energon Prime ever did.  That said, the chest details are disappointingly unpainted, as are the wheel rims.  C'mon guys -- you can spare the few cents for a little paint.  It just looks bad without it.

Windcharger

In short: Thoroughly unnecessary and inferior in every way to RtS Windcharger; a waste of $10 were it not for Combiner Wars

I am not a big fan of the Legends class size.  I liked Skrapnel and Cosmos is fantastic, but for the most part, I find them to be limited, overpriced figures.  Windcharger takes that idea and runs away with it.

Windcharger is a repaint of Tailgate.  Windcharger costs the same and doesn't come with the minicon that Tailgate did.  This alone is pretty bad.

Windcharger's car mode looks decent, with two exceptions.  The first is that the wheel rims are unpainted and very toy-like.  The second is that the doors are a completely different kind of plastic.  Most of Windcharger is flat brick red, and the door pieces are swirly, shiny red.  It is the oddest thing and I have no idea why they did it this way.  It's really noticeable in a WTF way.

Robot mode is a mixed bag.  The shoulders and arms are huge, which are not characteristics I associate with Windcharger.  The legs are very thin.  It's a top-heavy figure, which makes for a mini-bruiser kind of character that I also don't associate with Windcharger.  It's better than the unfortunate G1 toy, but it's not great.

The arms are terrible.  Blocky and crude and the kind of design that I thought we had left behind, but still shows up, unfortunately.  Reminds me of Strongarm, and it wasn't good there, either. 

Reveal the Shield Windcharger was awesome.  Bigger, well proportioned, and an improvement in every way on the G1 figure.  RtS Windcharger is also an improvement in every way on this figure, which is pretty sad, given that RtS Windcharger, if you found him at retail, cost less.

That makes Combiner Wars Windcharger a kind of oddity.  Expensive, small, and not as good as the toy that came before it, the only real reason to buy it is for Combiner Wars.  Which is the only reason I bought it.  I still haven't quite figured out how to attach it to Ultra Prime, but even just jamming it in there looks better than not having it.

Conclusion: Buy it to make your Ultra Prime look better, but even still, it's an uninspired $10.  Or skip it completely and go with Blackjack, which will work better with Menasor anyway.

Thundercracker

In short:  Nicer than Windchager, but still overpriced for what you get.

Thundercracker is a repaint of Acid Storm and Starscream and is, by that definition, unnecessary.  I didn't pick up either of those and I'm certainly not going to buy all the seekers at every class size.

That said, Thundercracker is nice.  He looks good and is a better-than-decent Legends sized toy.  Nice articulation, great robot mode, an almost-great plane mode kind of sabotaged by robot arms, and a nice Combiner Wars breastplate.

Thundercracker looks better than Windcharger on Ultra Prime.  Maybe because it's more than a car stuck to the chest.  I was able to figure this one out and it looks pretty good.  Not really worth $10, but it at least looks and feels better than Windcharger.

Agreed on all counts Blandstalker.  Those three are all lemons imho.  The only CW fig I've seen in stores is a single Alpha Bravo (which I bought).  I broke down and got the rest of the first wave (sans Prime) from HBTS.  They're pretty descent figures, but nothing outstanding.  Obviously nowhere near as complex and detailed as 3rd party figs, but my love of gestalts lets me overlook much of their flaws/simplicity, and they're a fraction of the cost.

I will say I was surprised/impressed that aside from alpha bravo, all the first wave limbs have a different way of positioning, and more importantly, tabbing in, their arms in... er, arm mode.  I thought they'd all be "keep arms in downward position like in vehicle mode" but they're not.  Not only does this add some visual dynamic and helps bulk up the shoulders, but the fact there are tabs/slots to position them instead of "raise em in the air sorta like this" really impressed me. 

Overall a solid figs and really looking forward to the rest of the CW series, at least until we get the infinite repaints we all know are coming.  I wouldn't be surprised if the combaticons are all repaints by the time they come out.  At the very least I can see Alpha Bravo == vortex, Alpha Bravo retool == Blast Off, Hot Spot retool == Onslaught.  I wouldn't be surprised if they try to use Off Road (the "new" stunticon SUV) as Swindle, and maaaybe Rook (the new Protectobot) as Brawl?  Though I really hope at least Brawl gets a new mold to be a tank, since that's a stretch.

I wasn't even sure if Combiner Wars Windcharger was supposed to combine with the bigger robots... certainly nothing in the packaging or instructions even suggests that, and I couldn't figure anything out with Superion.  His one major upgrade over the previous Windcharger is that I was actually able to find him in a store.  But I do like that they made the Legends actual minibots and not just miniature versions of bigger toys, which I had little use for.  The insecticons in this scale aren't perfect or anything, but that's a pretty decent way to do them. 

It's just a bit of a surprise, at least to me.  Seems like they were focusing on the original G1 releases and prominent movie figures (Rodimus and Magnus), with Star Saber being the outlier because of the fan vote.  I liked Tracks a lot too (he was like M.A.S.K. before M.A.S.K. came out).

Combiner Wars stuff is finally showing up in the Los Angeles area stores. Now if I can just get there before the rest of you guys...

I did find Alpha Bravo, Firefly, and Dragstrip at a Target near Culver City, but they had nothing else from this line. I found an Optimus at the Pasadena Target at lunch, but I don't want him and they had nothing else from this line.

Also, I have yet to see Brainstorm anywhere. :(

Also, tons of crappy movie 4 guys warming pegs and taking up shelf space everywhere.

I haven't seen Brainstorm, Arcee, or any of that wave in LA either.  I did see combiner wars deluxes one time a month or so ago, and alpha bravo was already gone.  No leaders.  So I'm glad they're finally hitting.

I'm kinda surprised Target hasn't clearanced out the movie stuff yet.   Are they still getting shipments of that line?

Transformers doesn't get enough shelf space around here to support three distinct lines.

So since I'm weak willed, I went back and grabbed that CW Prime today since karkyco picked up the last limb from wave 1 for me. Gotta say, I'm kinda impressed with CW Prime. He's definitely chunkier than normal, (kinda has gorilla-like proportions) but it works. His alt mode is a really solid semi cab. I like it. He could use a few more paint apps, but that's what repro-labels are for I guess.

It is a little odd using Prime as the torso for a gestalt, but overall I am very impressed with how well engineered these things are this time around. Now, keep in mind I'm comparing to the most recent combiners, the Power Core guys from a couple years ago, but these CW gestalts are fairly solid. Some decent range of motion and poses are possible without it toppling over.

I'm hoping to get my hands on some of the legends class guys. According to the official site, every legends class CW guy can be used as either a weapon mod or body armor for the gestalts.

It is a little odd using Prime as the torso for a gestalt, but overall I am very impressed with how well engineered these things are this time around.
It's an homage to the Masquerade episode of the Transformers cartoon.

Optimus Prime as Motormaster

Jazz as Dead End

Sideswipe as Breakdown

Mirage as Drag Strip

Windcharger as Wildrider.

Good to know tokerblue. I had simply chalked it up to putting out a character the kiddies would know in the first wave.

Also, I found a legends Windcharger this morning, but despite finding several images on Google where folks have him apparently attached to Prime's chest nodules, I simply cannot figure it out. There is no half-way transformation I have found so far that puts Windy's fist holes in alignment with the chest pegs that doesn't also place his other bits in direct competition with Prime's chest pieces for the same portion of the space-time continuum. I think people are just hanging him on the pegs instead of snapping him in there?

If one of you guys figures it out, please let me know. :)

*EDIT*

According to several video and blog reviews of the wave 1 legends class figures for Combiner Wars, only Powerglide has an official mode as a weapon accessory. It would seem that images of Windcharger, Thundercracker, and Bombshell attached to the chest or even backpack of Ultra Prime are "fan made" uses for these characters. One reviewer noted that attaching Thundercracker to the chest pegs on Prime resulted in stressing the plastic of Thundercracker's fists to the point of snapping off. (And yes, I spent waaaaay too much time today looking this stuff up.)

That's what I figured, since the instructions show no sign of attaching to a combined mode, and it would be stupid of them to include the functionality but not list it on the packaging or instructions.

Got a vintage Optimus Prime (sans fists and trailer) for 15 bucks today. It's definitely showing it's age, but my son is thrilled.

I finally found Brainstorm at a Target I've checked like a million times. It was the only new figure on a shelf full of Whirl under pegs full of movie 4 and the new RID stuff. The Target employee who was straightening up shelves (this was close to closing time last night) must have noticed the ridiculous grin on my face because she asked how long I;d been looking for him. 

I really like Brainstorm. His light blue color, the detailed sculpt, the obvious yet somehow still clever transformation; it's all great. Be aware that it does take a frightening amount of force to remove his head for transformation, even after pressing down the gray lever to supposedly release it from the torso.

MP Tracks will come with a Raoul figure. Also a Blaster boombox and stand for the car's flying mode.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/new-color-image-of-mp-25-masterpiece-tracks-182205/
Definitely ordering Tracks, looks great!

I finally found Brainstorm at a Target I've checked like a million times. It was the only new figure on a shelf full of Whirl under pegs full of movie 4 and the new RID stuff. The Target employee who was straightening up shelves (this was close to closing time last night) must have noticed the ridiculous grin on my face because she asked how long I;d been looking for him.

I really like Brainstorm. His light blue color, the detailed sculpt, the obvious yet somehow still clever transformation; it's all great. Be aware that it does take a frightening amount of force to remove his head for transformation, even after pressing down the gray lever to supposedly release it from the torso.
Glad you found him but after sporadic sightings he's been found at Ross/Marshall's for $16.99.

Also Hasbro Toy shop has had a lot of items in stock now and if you use promo code Family2015 you get 20% off plus free shipping with no minimum purchase. I ordered Chromia on Monday and it shipped yesterday. Also ordered Huffer and he won't ship for another week or so.

That coupon is great, thanks El Rey!

Best thing is there's no minimum order, so Blackjack was OOS when I placed an order, but is instock this morning and I was able to order 1 single small figure with free shipping.  Glorious.

I got my reprolabels for CW Prime today along with the labels for Firefly and Skydive. I've just finished Prime and I have to say he looks amazingly better than the stock figure IMHO. My Silverbolt from Hasbrotoyshop just showed up too, so happy day for me! :)

I'll post some thoughts on Silverbolt after I've had some time to mess around with him.

UPDATE:

Silverbolt is a pretty satisfying transformer all around. His robot mode is slightly hampered by the concord jet backpack (his legs can't bend very far back because of it), and said back pack also keeps him slightly off  balance in some poses. His paint apps aren't terribly lacking, though he still manages to look a little plain.

His transformation is pretty straightforward, though I had to play with the legs a bit since the instructions' illustration was almost too detailed to clearly make out which side of the lower legs was supposed to be facing out. His alt mode looks enough like a concord jet from above to be convincing. Be careful when altering your viewing angle, however, as his entire robot body, arms, and legs are basically folded into a massive rectangle on the jet's underside.

As a combiner torso, he's much better than Prime with one exception; no waist articulation. You essentially flip him upside-down and his robot arms become his combiner thighs and his robot legs become his combiner shoulders. The chest is cleverly done. He certainly is a much more attractive torso than Prime, with his proportions less gorilla-like than Prime. My only complaint about Superion's combined mode is that his thighs are little too thin compared to the rest of his limbs (and the aforementioned lack of waist articulation).

Silverbolt's gun comes packaged in its Superion configuration with the instructions failing to mention that the stock detaches to become Silverbolt's gauntlet. That bit of info is only illustrated on the box art.

I finally got around to opening the Target version of this guy:

61-Mo9tME7L._SY300_.jpg

It looked cool in the box, but it feels so flimsy and the blue chrome has already started flaking off.  It's a "shellformer" so the transformation isn't all that impressive either.  I would be pretty upset if I had spent the original $60 on it.

That's cool, Just want to make sure I didn't miss them. I had three of the five as a kid (Blades, the motorcycle and the fire engine), so I want to get all five and put them together with my kid.

I'm not terribly impressed by the stock photos of series 3, however I had the same thoughts about Silverbolt based on the stock photos and he turned out to be fairly awesome. Even though my wallet is complaining, I'm likely to pick up the entire line minus a few of the more useless legends class figures.

That's cool, Just want to make sure I didn't miss them. I had three of the five as a kid (Blades, the motorcycle and the fire engine), so I want to get all five and put them together with my kid.
There's six that combine to form the new CW Defensor. Groove is now a Legend class figure and now forms Defensor's chest plate rather than the leg of the original G1 version. It makes a lot more sense this way when you consider the scale of a motorcycle compared to a car or helicopter.

The new member is Rook, a SWAT type vehicle.

trasnformers-defensor.jpg

Just a quick note that Motormaster, the Stunticons, and all the recent Combiner Wars legends are back in stock at HasbroToyShop.com, and the FAMILY2015 code for 20% off and free shipping is still active.

I haven't had time for a review, but Bombshell and Powerglide are definitely worth picking up, especially at 20% off.

^  As is Blackjack!

Stunticons haven't shipped for me, but Motormaster is very diasppointing, Warrior Class Prime (RID2015) is good but feels like an upscaled legends commander figure, and I really like Warrior Class Drift (RID2015) even though he has almost the exact same transformation as BB he's a completely new mold.

Crud. Hasbrotoyshop site is getting hammered. It lets me add one item to the cart then logs me out and either sends me to an error page or back to item listing I was just looking at before adding to cart. :(

bread's done
Back