10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
When did they re-release the Heroes of Cybertron collection? I just noticed it on the first page when I tried to list all the TFs. That's pretty cool.

Man, I am sooooo pissed. Amazon cancelled both my orders for the Starscream Masterpiece US versions. No way in hell I'm going to find those anywhere for cheap. It's tough collecting these things, since so many of the Walmart-Only, TRU only, Target only, and those KBToys only mini combiners are next to impossible to find. But I did find all the Walmart only movie Deluxes last week, that was cool.

I end up having to go the resale route for most of this, which is always a pain and always overpriced. And that kills me because I'm such a cheap ass so I don't want to overpay even though I can afford the damn things. It just makes me feel like shit when I have to buy it from a reseller. Uggh.

Man, too many robots, too little time. At least I'm just focusing on robots (Transformers mainly) and the smaller GI Joes...can't deal with attempting to collect other stuff. I bought tons of the Star Wars figs from the mid 90's on up until Episode 2, but there are just too many to collect and it's not like they'll ever be worth much, same with the Spawn figs.

I just picked up an extra Skywarp Masterpiece for display along with an extra Megatron Masterpiece (no vile Orange modification) for display, pricing wasn't too bad on either (< $100 for each). Now if I can only get my hands on a couple of MP Starscreams and an extra MP Optimus (preferably the Takara/Japanese version all in one with the Trailer), that would be awesome.

The collector's store is selling one of the US MP Optimus Primes for $125...totally insane.

These latest reissues are killing me too. And since I wasn't really collecting during the first Reissue phase (or the TRU exclusive reissues), I'm going to have to track all of those bookcase style ones from Takara down, damn that isn't going to be cheap. Same with the early Alternators, which look great with the Masterpiece figures. That and those cool Revoltech figures, but no place has them for less than $20 and I can't find a complete set (Optimus and Megatron).

I'm tempted with getting the latest Encore, SkyLynx, but the collector store near me that has it is asking $95...hell no. I'll save it for Omega Supreme. But I need to pick up a couple each of the Jazz encores, and Ironhide and Ratchet. The store is asking $35.50 each for those though, what a rip. And I was about to pick up the encore Starscreams they had, both of them, but they sold last week damn it. I can't win with this collecting addiction.

EDIT: just picked up one Jazz/Meister Encore, it is perfect. What a beauty.

[quote name='karkyco']Man, I am sooooo pissed. Amazon cancelled both my orders for the Starscream Masterpiece US versions. No way in hell I'm going to find those anywhere for cheap. It's tough collecting these things, since so many of the Walmart-Only, TRU only, Target only, and those KBToys only mini combiners are next to impossible to find. But I did find all the Walmart only movie Deluxes last week, that was cool.[/quote]

The Wal-Mart exclusives really piss me off.

I went to seven...or was it eight?...different Wal-Marts looking for MP Starscream and came up empty-handed. (This was before gas was $3 a gallon, and I had other reasons to be in the areas of these Wal-Marts). But by the end I was going slightly crazy. No one should have to go to Wal-Mart so often. And for nothing.

I've checked the two most local Wal-Marts and they have no sign of the new deluxes. Since they're all recolors, I don't feel that strongly but I am really tired of this crap.

I've considered writing a letter to Hasbro, asking them to either make Wal-Mart make the exclusives reasonably possible to find or to stop doing exclusives with them. It is typically the case that of the two Wal-Marts close to me, either one or the other will simply never get a given exclusive. Ever.

Target, on the other hand, has their exclusives everywhere, at least for awhile. I had multiple opportunities to buy Robovision Optimus and G1 Jazz and Starscream. If Target can give a shit, certainly Wal-Mart can do a better job.

The point of exclusives is so that you'll look for the item and go to the store. But if the stores don't bother to stock the items -- and Wal-Mart is the worst offender here -- it's just aggravation that turns me off both the retailer and Hasbro.

Wal-Mart exclusives are a freaking joke. No one who works at walmart will help you find one. And all the collectors always swoop them up. Plus the toy section is such a mess any way you never know if the toy is on the shelf/end cap/bottom row/top shelf.

If you hear of a Wal-Mart exclusive then pretty much write it off as ever getting one for a decent price. I was sure I was never going to a MP Starscream, but then it showed up on Walmart.com and I picked one up.

[quote name='blandstalker']The Wal-Mart exclusives really piss me off.

I went to seven...or was it eight?...different Wal-Marts looking for MP Starscream and came up empty-handed. (This was before gas was $3 a gallon, and I had other reasons to be in the areas of these Wal-Marts). But by the end I was going slightly crazy. No one should have to go to Wal-Mart so often. And for nothing.

I've checked the two most local Wal-Marts and they have no sign of the new deluxes. Since they're all recolors, I don't feel that strongly but I am really tired of this crap.

I've considered writing a letter to Hasbro, asking them to either make Wal-Mart make the exclusives reasonably possible to find or to stop doing exclusives with them. It is typically the case that of the two Wal-Marts close to me, either one or the other will simply never get a given exclusive. Ever.

Target, on the other hand, has their exclusives everywhere, at least for awhile. I had multiple opportunities to buy Robovision Optimus and G1 Jazz and Starscream. If Target can give a shit, certainly Wal-Mart can do a better job.

The point of exclusives is so that you'll look for the item and go to the store. But if the stores don't bother to stock the items -- and Wal-Mart is the worst offender here -- it's just aggravation that turns me off both the retailer and Hasbro.[/quote]

Man...you and I are strangers on passing trains. I just got extremely lucky of being in the right place at the right time, when the lady was unboxing the new toy shipment at the Walmart right when they opened. I think she had just finished the Transformer deluxes, which was when I found the exclusives. Yeah they're nothing to write home about. I still haven't so much as SEEN a Final Battle Jazz, recolored Barricade, or modern Camaro Bumblebee. Not to mention a Voyager class Megatron or Optimus Prime.

As for the Target exclusives, the only ones I've picked up were Robovision Prime when he was first released and some of the scout ones. I've never seen a G1 repaint Starscream or Jazz, though those 2 are the ones I would buy in a heartbeat.

I got a couple of the Blackout with Scorponok TRU exclusives when they first were released, and funny thing is the TRU near me has 20+ of them now back in stock. Hopefully they will clearance them out. I just stumbled across 2 of the 4 GI Joe TRU exclusive 5 packs - Snake Eyes vs. the Red Ninjas and Cobra Night Troopers pack. I doubt I will ever see the other 2, Firefly vs. Greenshirts or the Crimson Guard pack. Not to mention the first releases of the 25th Anniversary figs - Firefly, Storm Shadow 2, Snake Eyes 2, and Flint.

Without going back through 80-some pages of thread, is Toys R Us ever going to re-stock their commemorative edition re-issue transformers? Or was that a for-sure one shot deal?

Sweet, thanks for the coupon code--pre-ordered some EOJ expansion boosters and one theme deck. OT also, but seems like the new series was delayed until May(!)

Thanks for the coupon code! I did a preorder for Animated Voyager Starscream to avoid having to hunt for it because its the only must-have figure for me from the animated line. I also ordered the Darth Maul Transformer, its the only Star Wars Transformer I want and I haven't been able to find it in any store.

[quote name='VGMaster75']Without going back through 80-some pages of thread, is Toys R Us ever going to re-stock their commemorative edition re-issue transformers? Or was that a for-sure one shot deal?[/QUOTE]
I think it's safe to say they won't be restocked.
However if there is a particular one you are looking for (as opposed to just all of them), somebody here might be able to help you find it.

[quote name='techstar25']I think it's safe to say they won't be restocked.
However if there is a particular one you are looking for (as opposed to just all of them), somebody here might be able to help you find it.[/quote]
Eh, problem is I'm not willing to pay jacked-up prices.
I mean even the TRU prices on the re-issues were more than the original G1's ever were.

[quote name='VGMaster75']I mean even the TRU prices on the re-issues were more than the original G1's ever were.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but isn't that to be expected? The G1s were sold 15 years ago or so.

I haven't seen any TRU reissues since I started collecting transformers again. Takara in Japan has their Encore series which you can get through some online retailers like Big Bad Toy Store, but if you don't want to pay high prices, they're not for you.

[quote name='icruise']No offense, but isn't that to be expected? The G1s were sold 15 years ago or so.
[/quote]

Over 20 years. Hell, the movie had its 20th anniversary in 2006.

Not to mention that the G1 reissues were collectors items, in G1-inspired boxes with all the original instructions, labels, accessories, etc. While the TRU reissues were not cheap, they were far less expensive than importing Japanese reissues.

They were also niche items -- they're going to cost more because Hasbro can't make oodles of them like they do regular Deluxes. They're also aimed squarely at adults, which reduces the available market even more.

As it is, I don't think we're going to be seeing more of them. TRU took a bath on a lot of them and many (Tracks, Grapple, Smokescreen, Ricochet) were available on clearance or sold to clearance outlets. I got Ricochet from Tuesday Morning.

The movie's popularity might change things, though. Who knows -- maybe at the next anniversary?

[quote name='blandstalker']Over 20 years. Hell, the movie had its 20th anniversary in 2006.

Not to mention that the G1 reissues were collectors items, in G1-inspired boxes with all the original instructions, labels, accessories, etc. While the TRU reissues were not cheap, they were far less expensive than importing Japanese reissues.

They were also niche items -- they're going to cost more because Hasbro can't make oodles of them like they do regular Deluxes. They're also aimed squarely at adults, which reduces the available market even more.

As it is, I don't think we're going to be seeing more of them. TRU took a bath on a lot of them and many (Tracks, Grapple, Smokescreen, Ricochet) were available on clearance or sold to clearance outlets. I got Ricochet from Tuesday Morning.

The movie's popularity might change things, though. Who knows -- maybe at the next anniversary?[/QUOTE]

Yeah like you said TRU must have taken a bath on those. Only Starscream, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod seemed to sell. I have no idea why they made so many of the smaller character but ignored so many fan favorites.

I picked like 8 of them when TRU put them on clearance, and then I was able to stack a BOGO on Transformers on top of that. It was great timing, I hit up like 3 TRU stores looking for all the figures I didn't already have.

You can't complain about re-issues being expensive. Look at how this thread started with the Soudwave re-issue. That thing cost like 35 bucks and people said it was too much. These aren't GI Joes. You are not going to get re-issues under 20 bucks unless they decide to release some of the smaller guys like the indivitual Gestalts robots like they did with the combatacons.

[quote name='blandstalker']

[/QUOTE]
I have 7 or 8 of them and I got them all on clearance for around $15. They just collected dust at my local TRU.
I think I did pay full price for the Soundwave reissue ($30?).

I don't have that much of a problem with the initial TRU pricing, I do however have a problem with them being $100+ on Amazon.

[quote name='VGMaster75']I don't have that much of a problem with the initial TRU pricing, I do however have a problem with them being $100+ on Amazon.[/quote]

Amazon? Marketplace? Most of those prices are a joke. There's a reason they don't sell.

Unless you can't stand eBay, they have much more reasonable prices.

Man, you guys that had them sitting on the shelves gathering dust, and clearanced out are soooo lucky. Though I did get Tracks, Inferno, Grapple, and someone else I can't recall (maybe the crane, the one who looks like Inferno) for dirt cheap, I think $10 a piece. I got the Optimus reissue, Prowl, Jazz, but not the Decepticon jets which I regret a lot. Though I have the originals.

I want to get all the Takara reissues; no doubt I will eventually. Opportunities always present themselves and if I have to pay a king's ransom so be it, I'm not hurting financially (thank God).

As for reissues, they definitely need to reissue the combiner boxed sets, that would be awesome. Or get some more Chinese companies to flood the market with good looking knockoffs, I still haven't seen those anywhere.

[quote name='karkyco']

As for reissues, they definitely need to reissue the combiner boxed sets, that would be awesome. Or get some more Chinese companies to flood the market with good looking knockoffs, I still haven't seen those anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I was tempted to get the Box set re-issue of Predaking because the robot mode is so freaking bad ass. But I couldn't see my self spending over $100 bucks in one shot. Maybe if each one was 20 bucks and I could pick them up one at a time I could do it, but in one shot I couldn't do it.

I got the Devastator, Aerialbots, and Defensor knockoffs a few years ago. I found that Devastator was the one one worth getting. I hate that they put the stickers on themselves, it's always fucked-up.

[quote name='Rodimus']I got the Devastator, Aerialbots, and Defensor knockoffs a few years ago. I found that Devastator was the one one worth getting. I hate that they put the stickers on themselves, it's always fucked-up.[/quote]

Nice. I figure I'll come across the knock offs eventually. I should just check out the swap meets and flea markets, I've seen similar crap at those places before. Maybe downtown LA/Santee alley or the toy district.

[quote name='blandstalker']Amazon? Marketplace? Most of those prices are a joke. There's a reason they don't sell.

Unless you can't stand eBay, they have much more reasonable prices.[/quote]
Whether it's Amazon or Ebay, it's still a minimum of double what TRU originally sold their reissues for.

Saw Premium Leader Megatron at Wal-Mart (ugh) yesterday.

For anybody who didn't get one of the earlier Megatrons, you might want to consider it. Same price ($40), but darker grey and with a metallic wash and muted gold accents. Looks much more movie accurate and much less like a toy.

I passed -- $40 is too much money for me for a figure with a lot of problems -- but I have to admit it was tempting.

Supposedly there's going to be a Premium Prime, too, though I didn't see it.

[quote name='blandstalker']Saw Premium Leader Megatron at Wal-Mart (ugh) yesterday.

For anybody who didn't get one of the earlier Megatrons, you might want to consider it. Same price ($40), but darker grey and with a metallic wash and muted gold accents. Looks much more movie accurate and much less like a toy.

I passed -- $40 is too much money for me for a figure with a lot of problems -- but I have to admit it was tempting.

Supposedly there's going to be a Premium Prime, too, though I didn't see it.[/quote]

I just wish the US version of Optimus Masterpiece wasn't so dull. I think the Japanese MP version is shiny metallic, with chrome as well instead of the dull grey we got. But at least we get the stand with the movie phrases.

[quote name='icruise']Actually, I think the Japanese MP Prime is almost identical to the US version, with the exception of shorter smokestacks.[/quote]

Ahh...I've never seen the Japanese one so you're most likely correct. I thought there were more differences. I know there's the super limited gold masterpiece one that is bright and shiny and, well, gold. I think there is also an Ultra Magnus version all white with chrome. In any case, the MP Optimus looks great and the figure looks exactly like the cartoon, but I think it would look so amazing with nice shiny chrome like the original figure, at least for the smokestacks and the grill.

If I could get another one cheap (I have one on display and one sealed in box, both US "20th Anniversary DVD editions"), I would mod it with a little metallic spray paint. Plus modify the gun since it's blue and dull grey. That and I wish you could easily mod the stand to say new phrases...I would have it play the "You got the touch!" song, hahaha how hilarious would that be? :drool:

I have a question for all of the TF afficionados in this topic. I just dug out my old G1(or so) TF toys and am contemplating selling them as a lot.

I have Perceptor, Jetfire, Cliffjumper(mistook it for Bumblebee due to the yellow color), Devastator(meaning all of the Constructicons to form him), Rodimus Prime(with fold down trailer), Ravage(in tape case) and a bunch more.

However, it's those 'bunch more' that I'm having a major issue naming. I don't have a good digi-cam or I'd snap pics and upload them. But, I can tell you that I have 2 TF's which are drilling machines(one is one of those wind up ones which transformed on it's own) and the other is an Autobot with two yellow colored blasters(one on either side).

I also have a construction crane Autobot(yellow-ish orange in color), a firetruck Autobot, a grey colored sports car Decepticon(which is another one of those wind up self transforming ones) and a tan colored 'safari' type jeep Autobot.

I had originally thought that the construction cranes name was Hoist, but after doing an Ebay search, I found myself to be wrong.

So, if anyone can help, it would certainly be appreciated.

EDIT: Just remembered the firetruck is called Inferno.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have a question for all of the TF afficionados in this topic. I just dug out my old G1(or so) TF toys and am contemplating selling them as a lot.

I have Perceptor, Jetfire, Cliffjumper(mistook it for Bumblebee due to the yellow color), Devastator(meaning all of the Constructicons to form him), Rodimus Prime(with fold down trailer), Ravage(in tape case) and a bunch more.

However, it's those 'bunch more' that I'm having a major issue naming. I don't have a good digi-cam or I'd snap pics and upload them. But, I can tell you that I have 2 TF's which are drilling machines(one is one of those wind up ones which transformed on it's own) and the other is an Autobot with two yellow colored blasters(one on either side).

I also have a construction crane Autobot(yellow-ish orange in color), a firetruck Autobot, a grey colored sports car Decepticon(which is another one of those wind up self transforming ones) and a tan colored 'safari' type jeep Autobot.

I had originally thought that the construction cranes name was Hoist, but after doing an Ebay search, I found myself to be wrong.

So, if anyone can help, it would certainly be appreciated.

EDIT: Just remembered the firetruck is called Inferno.[/quote]

The Autobot crane is Grapple. If you want to email me a list of descriptions of everything that you can't identify, I probably either have it or know what it is. Plus I still have all the old pamphlets that came with each series of Transformers that showed each of the product lines.

The pull-back drilling one is probably Twin Twist. There's another pull back one that looks more like a plane but I can't remember his name right now.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']The pull-back drilling one is probably Twin Twist. There's another pull back one that looks more like a plane but I can't remember his name right now.
-G[/quote]

Blue and white? Topspin.

I actually have this one. Not sure why though...

OK, why the heck is there 2 TF's who look almost identical(Jipe and Outback). They look like little brown Jeeps. But, I just realized I have Outback(the Autobot of the two).

This guide is pretty good.

The drill(non-autotransforming one) I have is called Nosecone.

I still can't identify the grey sports car though. It's one of those pull back autotransforming ones too. It's a Decepticon, if that helps at all.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, why the heck is there 2 TF's who look almost identical(Jipe and Outback). They look like little brown Jeeps. But, I just realized I have Outback(the Autobot of the two).

This guide is pretty good.

The drill(non-autotransforming one) I have is called Nosecone.

I still can't identify the grey sports car though. It's one of those pull back autotransforming ones too. It's a Decepticon, if that helps at all.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.[/quote]

Runabout or Runamuck?

Those were the first 2 pullback ones I remember, both Decepticon cars though I think one is white and one is maroon. They would spring up and transform once you pulled them back.

It's a grey and black sports car, looks like a Firebird.

I'll have to double check that site again, though I don't think it was on there.

EDIT: It's Runamuck. Thanks karkyco.

[quote name='s0undwav3']New Codes are at HTS

10% off the entire order + free shipping : SPRCAT8

Or sometimes better

20% off the entire order : GETOUT20[/QUOTE]

Was actually just about to post these. THANKS!

SPRCAT8 is only for orders $50.00 and up. GETOUT20 is good on any order. Too bad shipping is so damned expensive.

Picked up an Animated Voyager Prime preorder with GETOUT20 anyways though.

Ha! I ordered the entire Autobot side, OpVs.Megs and Starscream, all for $77.43. Saved $.43 with Getout20 vs. Sprcat8. SuperCAG, away!

I originally had the OpVMeg 2pak on order at BBTS for $33 shipped. I just got four more extra 'bots for virtually double the price.

Pay for S&H AND $6.00 extra to boot? Kiss my derriere BBTS!
*goes to cancel order *

*done*

OK, now that I've found out the names for my collection of G1 TF's, now I need a good site which shows closeups on how to transform them.

Specifically looking for directions for Grapple, Inferno and Rodimus Prime, since I can't figure out how the hell to get him seperated from his trailer now.

Thanks in advance....

[quote name='GF_Eric']A great resource for identifying G1 Transformers is Transformerland http://www.transformerland.com/index.html

They have pictures of every G1 Transformer as well as lists of what accessories each one originally came with.[/quote]

I tried that site, to no avail for Nosecone, since he isn't even listed on there, unless I missed him somehow.

I've been out of the TF collecting scene for a while, ever since I sold off most of mine and only kept my favorites. I'm still waiting for the next Masterpiece figure to be announced, but it seems that both Hasbro and Takara have way too much on their plates right now.

Oh well, diecast robots and One Piece POPs will keep me busy.

SDCC 08 TF figure is....Classic Nemesis Prime:
6bd2.jpg

83a7.jpg

9f41.jpg

http://tformers.com/transformers-sdcc-2008-exclusive/9320/news.html

I wonder if they'll have more than one figure like they did last year.

Also taken from TFormers.com
There is a 20% off promotion that is currently running at Hasbro Toy Shop. The [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]application[/color][/color] of the coupon code "GETOUT20" before checkout will net you this saving. Thanks to "Sangron" of our TFormers Community for the heads up!

New images from Marvel Transformers:
IMG_7549__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_7550__scaled_600.jpg

I really, really wish I could push myself into finally picking up 20th Anniversary prime but after I spent so much on Masterpiece Starscream I just can't do it... The crappy part though is that I know I'm gonna regret not getting it when it starts getting scarce again.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I really, really wish I could push myself into finally picking up 20th Anniversary prime but after I spent so much on Masterpiece Starscream I just can't do it... The crappy part though is that I know I'm gonna regret not getting it when it starts getting scarce again.[/quote]

Why, where are they available?

bread's done
Back