10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Wal-Mart the other day and they had an assload of the ROTF figures. I'm glad I severely dislike the movie toys otherwise it would tax my wallet like the Animated series did.

Yeah, the shelves are crammed to the brim of each peg and shelf. Glad I'm just being picky this time around getting characters I like.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just curious, but are they having a "preview" wave like for the last movie (last time is was Optimus and Starscream)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Preview characters are Soundwave & Bumblebee but they're pretty much mixed into the fray as we speak.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Thankfully my lack of interest in the movie toys will let me have enough money to get Hasbro's release of Masterpiece Skywarp![/QUOTE]

If u can find him. Why in the hell do they keep allowing Walmart exclusives. I had to ebay Alternators Ravage and Rumble, and MP Starscream, as I NEVER saw them at a single Walmart in person. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Zmonkay']If u can find him. Why in the hell do they keep allowing Walmart exclusives. I had to ebay Alternators Ravage and Rumble, and MP Starscream, as I NEVER saw them at a single Walmart in person. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they'll offer him on the site with free site to store shipping. That's how I got my MP Starscream, also hoping he's the same $49.99 price but with the increase in prices across the board it's probably unlikely.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']I'm hoping they'll offer him on the site with free site to store shipping. That's how I got my MP Starscream, also hoping he's the same $49.99 price but with the increase in prices across the board it's probably unlikely.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, the price on the display tag at botcon said $59.99
Picture of tag
attachment.php

Still worth it^^ I like supporting the US Masterpiece releases and as we all know, Skywarp IS the coolest looking Seeker.

Still kinda disappointed there's been no word on Hasbro releasing Grimlock.

[quote name='Inferno-X']I was hoping these would come out in a trickle and not all at once, my poor wallet! I have seen several figs from future waves released already in my area including voyager Mixmaster, The Fallen, Megatron, and deluxe Smokescreen (ugly paint job imo), Skids, Wheelie. My haul in the past couple days has been scouts Ransack, Depthcharge. Deluxe Wheelie, Rampage (highly recommended). Voyager Mixmaster and almost Demolishor...not quite sold on him yet. Lastly combiner Superion, which is the one I wanted most out of all of these. To anyone holding out for the $100 combining Devastator, just keep in mind that the individual figures have no robot modes, only vehicle modes. That has been a gripe in the fandom since it was discovered. Instead consider the legends version! :D http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-image-of-carded-ez-legends-devastator-167753/[/QUOTE]

Quick question... why do you recommend Rampage? I opened him up last night and was really disappointed... the paint apps from the packaging are non existent, including the Decep. symbol, and the robot mode is a four legged kibble-filled beast, which is not evident from the picture (not sure if they intentionally tried to hide the back in the photo, but it fooled me). If this guy doesn't transform into some kind of Devastator limb, I'm not sure why they made the robot mode so crappy... the only thing I like are the treads that turn into whips.

Also, I guess Soundwave was in the preview wave along with Bumblebee that no stores put out early... so I've seen stores with tons of Soundwave and Bumblebees, and some with no Soundwaves at all, as I guess he's not yet shipping in the normal cases.

Sad to say, but I think the Scout class are better than the deluxes I've seen... Ransack is awesome.

[quote name='sonderiaom']If I remember correctly, the price on the display tag at botcon said $59.99
Picture of tag
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that is kick ass. I would pay 60 bucks for that easy. I hope they offer it online that's how got my MP Starscream.

Not so excited about Perceptor or the Insecticons, but SDCC Soundwave is a must buy for me. Soundwave will hold me until HasTak decides to make Masterpiece Soundwave.

[quote name='fujishig']Quick question... why do you recommend Rampage? I opened him up last night and was really disappointed... the paint apps from the packaging are non existent, including the Decep. symbol, and the robot mode is a four legged kibble-filled beast, which is not evident from the picture (not sure if they intentionally tried to hide the back in the photo, but it fooled me). If this guy doesn't transform into some kind of Devastator limb, I'm not sure why they made the robot mode so crappy... the only thing I like are the treads that turn into whips.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't the one who originally recommended Rampage, but I opened him up today and I have to say that while I am disappointed about some things, it's a really interesting figure.

Everything you said is true: the real figure looks nowhere near as nice as the picture, and they totally hid the fact that he can't stand on what appears to be his legs and that he's got this huge kibbly pile on his back. Usually, I hate that.

But, despite that, it's an amazing piece of engineering. The way everything flips and folds around -- it's not like any other Transformer I've seen. The robot mode is weird, but I could also see it as viable. Why not four legs? It actually makes the third mode make some sort of sense -- you couldn't really have a bipedal jackhammer.

That's also something I like about it -- some "triple changers" are just afterthoughts, and while this isn't what I would consider a true third mode, it did have it's own engineering. The way the supports peg in to support the jackhammer is a nice touch.

Also, while I tend not to give Transformers extra points because the vehicle mode is really good, this vehicle mode is exceptional. It's easily the best bulldozer ever and the whole tread thing is icing on the cake.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this new movie aesthetic -- it's clear that they're branching out from bipedal robots (what with this, Wheelie, Chromia, and that ultra-weird Demolishor). Part of me really dislikes it because it inspires lazy design.

This is why I haven't bought Demolishor -- it's a robot because we say it is, so there! -- and I bought Chromia only because there was only one in the store and didn't want to regret it later. But I may return Chromia because the design is somewhat off-putting to me. Sure -- put in a wheeled mode if you want. But not at the expense of legs. Of some kind.

[quote name='KingDox']Mine was just in a standard Amazon box with some air bags to protect it during shipping.
smile7.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I got all my stuff I ordered from Amazon and Hasbro. I saved a lt of money on toys for my son.

Doesn't Arcee form a gestalt of some kind though? While not an outright excuse, it makes the other forms a little more understandable.

About Rampage... he is growing on me a little more as I fiddle with him. I was just so disappointed because he wasn't what I expected, and the kibble in the back is huge. I think part of it is that I just like the more classic designs... this may be why I love most if not all of the Scout figures, and the deluxe class and up, for the most part, leave me cold.

I have the local TRU ad in front of me and it says that they're having sales on ROTF figures this week (6/7-6/13)

7.99 for Deluxe figures (reg price is 11.99)
17.99 for Voyager figures (reg price is 22.99)
17.99 for Power Bots (reg price is 22.99)
32.99 for Bumblebee or Optimus Prime voice changer helmet (reg price is 39.99)

Glad I didnt open my Bumblebee and Sideswipe deluxe figures yet. Time to go back and return/rebuy.

[quote name='TheRock88']I have the local TRU ad in front of me and it says that they're having sales on ROTF figures this week (6/7-6/13)

Glad I didnt open my Bumblebee and Sideswipe deluxe figures yet. Time to go back and return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]
Does DisneyStore carry those?

[quote name='shinzero01']Chromia is no where near as bad as the Arcee TF2 Redesign.
[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that Chromia, Arcee, and some other bot combine.

[quote name='yakkotank']Rumor has it that Chromia, Arcee, and some other bot combine.[/QUOTE]

It's just a rumor, though. I couldn't find any confirmation.

Looking on Chromia's package, there's no mention of combining or a gestalt. The closest is part of the bio: "she, along with her sisters, is an invaluable part of the team". The picture prominently features the plastic stand that Chromia needs in order to stand (due to a lack of feet).

I think it would be unprecedented for Transformers for it to be a combiner and have that not mentioned on the packaging anywhere.

Normally, being a member of a gestalt would make me feel more favorably, even if one or more modes sucked somewhat. Safeguard makes me wary of this, though. The gestalt mode would have to be awesome.

There IS a part of Chromia that looks like it could connect to something else. I'd assume that she'd combine with Arcee and possibly Elita-one However, TF2 Arcee still looks bad compared to the discarded TF1 Arcee design that a figure was made of. Also the first reports I heard said that it was Arcee that was made out of three bikes and that Chromia was separate.

Edit: Walmart seems to be clearing out all of their Transformers Animated toys on their website with the exception of one leader class.

Looks like walmart is having a clearance of animated's
Transformers Animated voyager lugnut 12.00 site to store or 96c shipping
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9134916
Transformers Animated voyager grimlock 12.00 gone
Transformers Animated voyager optimus prime 12.00 site to store or 96c shipping
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9134915
they also had alot of deluxes for 9.00
Transformers Animated Deluxe Class - Samurai Prowl gone
Transformers Animated Deluxe Class - Waspinator site to store or 96c shipping
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9134962
the pages for Sentinel Prime and Blurr are messed so i didnt link them but there messed up dont know which is which

Just picked up animated leader class Ultra Magnus and Shadow Blade Megatron for $9.98 each at Target. Good luck finding these as they vanished at most stores when the new movie figures came out.

This is bittersweet though as it looks like the end of the line for the animated figures. Kids and I enjoyed the show and we bought most of the figures as I liked the simplified and clean designs compared to the movie figures which just seem cluttered and messy. Haven't seen a new movie figure yet that made me buy it because I thought "Wow, that is cool!" Hell, I've bought Bakugan ball/figures for my son that have a bigger "cool" factor than the new movie figures.

They've confirmed animated Arcee and Rodimus Minor, just don't know how they're gonna get them on the market with some stores refusing to stock the animated line.

[quote name='blandstalker']It's just a rumor, though. I couldn't find any confirmation.

Looking on Chromia's package, there's no mention of combining or a gestalt. The closest is part of the bio: "she, along with her sisters, is an invaluable part of the team". The picture prominently features the plastic stand that Chromia needs in order to stand (due to a lack of feet).

I think it would be unprecedented for Transformers for it to be a combiner and have that not mentioned on the packaging anywhere.

Normally, being a member of a gestalt would make me feel more favorably, even if one or more modes sucked somewhat. Safeguard makes me wary of this, though. The gestalt mode would have to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Its been confirmed that Arcee Chromia and a 3rd bike are gestalts. Michael Bay said he cut their combined form from the movie though part of it can be seen in a panel in one of the IDW comics. Main problem is that the comic , novels, and likely the movie consider all three bikes to be Arcee and not Arcee/Chromia/unnamed.

[quote name='shinzero01']They've confirmed animated Arcee and Rodimus Minor, just don't know how they're gonna get them on the market with some stores refusing to stock the animated line.[/QUOTE]

I thought Hasbro.com sent out notices that they were not going to produce these upcoming figures? Or are these going to be some kind of convention/limited editions?

[quote name='shinzero01']Its been confirmed that Arcee Chromia and a 3rd bike are gestalts. [/QUOTE]

Can you supply a link or something that confirms that the toys are a gestalt?

While I would like it to be true, at this point I really doubt it.

Here. There are connectors that attach them but without instructions and the third bike people don't know exactly how they're supposed to look when complete. Noe that while the pieces connect, it still isn't known if they're the parts that are supposed to connect or if the third bike provides more of the form for the final product.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...nge-of-the-fallen-deluxe-arcee-images-167876/

Edit: Here is a pic of what is believed to be a shot of the final product. The third bike has been confirmed as purple in the comic and you can see the left arm of the bot is blue like Chromia. http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6236/arcee2g.jpg

The building consensus is that they probably combine into something. Maybe.

Jen, your links aren't working for me -- they redirect to www.tformers.com

The other page shows Chromia and Arcee combining into....a bunch of robot parts? Two robots stuck together at a weird angle? I know we're lacking the third yet nameless robot (which is supposedly a recolor of one of the others? What?) but still -- this does not inspire confidence.

I think I'll be returning my Chromia and avoiding these. I'll eat my words if the combiner is really something. But at this point, I'm not even compelled to rebuy Chromia at TRU's $8 sale price.

I went to TRU yesterday. They had restocked with wave 2 figures and Soundwave, so I was able to get Skids, Soundwave, Ironhide, and the three I got before (and will subsequently return). Chromia was available in abundance, and I suspect will continue to be.

Several things of interest:

- Today, at Target, found Mudflap, Ravage, Cannon Bumblebee, Interrogator Barricade, and The Fallen.

Picked up Mudflap and The Fallen, which looked better in real life than in pictures, though I still think the vehicle mode won't be all that great.

Ravage looked awesome, but just transforms into a "projectile mode" or something. Totally disappointing, though thinking about it later -- it's a cat that transforms into a cat turd. That might be worth picking up.

- Also today, at Wal-Mart, found Voyager Megatron and Mixmaster, as well as a complete restock of deluxes. Picked up Mixmaster.

Megatron could be interesting or completely lame. I can't tell. Waiting on a review for that one.

Has anyone gotten the Transformers: The Complete First Season (25th Anniversary Edition) and if so is it worth getting even though I have the rhino edition?

Thanks.

That's a good question ryosnk. I didn't realize it was out yet. For $20 on amazon, how can you go wrong? I will get it (soon enough) and compare it to the Rhino Season 1 boxed set, which let's be honest, was pretty horribly edited. So many messed up frames/scenes, mistakes and sound screw ups...

BTW did any of you guys check out my monster G1 score, posted in the Bragging Rights section in the "craigslist finds" topic? I made out like a mofo.

I'm gonna wait til to movie to come out before buying any of the toys. I am not gonna buy another Blackout/Grindor if Prime off's him in a few seconds.

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anyone gotten the Transformers: The Complete First Season (25th Anniversary Edition) and if so is it worth getting even though I have the rhino edition?[/QUOTE]

Do you intend to get the full series when it drops next month? Might want to wait for that rather than eventually triple dipping on season 1. The $16.99 price at Target this week was low enough for me to use it as a litmus test for the full series (I'll be getting it). I can't really comment on overall video quality, since I just had it playing on my laptop at work yesterday, but the animation errors from the Rhino release are gone. No extraneous sound effects, either. The following is a special note in the DVD insert :

Transformers DVDs released prior to the 25th Anniversary Edition were missing animation seen in the original broadcast. We did extensive research, found the discrepancies between the original broadcast masters and the restored masters used for the last DVD release, reinserted the correct animation, and color corrected it as best we could to match the shots before and after. But because a one-inch master tape simply can't hold up to the quality of the restored masters, you may notice occasional shots - or even scenes - in some episodes that seem slightly softer than others. Just take comfort in knowing that laser blasts have been reinserted, backgrounds have been corrected and Starscream is Starscream once again.
The set is 3 discs, but the 3rd disc only has special features. A new 20 minute talking head piece, 3 old commercials, the Bumblebee "Knowing is half the battle" PSA and 1 episode script. The PSA and at least one of the commercials (Insecticons) were on prior DVD releases, would need to double check if the other 2 were. The video quality is still pretty poor on the commercials, and I wonder why the kids faces are blurred out (they were in past releases as well). They could have easily fit those features on the other discs, but I guess they wanted 2 slim line cases vs. 1 standard Amaray.

[quote name='karkyco']BTW did any of you guys check out my monster G1 score, posted in the Bragging Rights section in the "craigslist finds" topic? I made out like a mofo.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a hell of a score. The Fort Max alone was worth the price. Was there a Jetfire in that lot? I see his armor in that pile of loose stuff, but didn't see him there or in your list.

Is soundwave mixed into the waves?

Ive been looking around and though ive seen some, my picky habits prevent me from buying him. Just wondering if he will be around or not....might just go and pick up the next one I see. Plus any word if there would be a bigger version of him? The deluxe one seems kind of puny compared to how big Ravage is.

bread's done
Back