10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get a HA Bumblebee soon. Finally found I good one, but the checkout lines were so long that I put it back. For anyone wanting Soundwave the Encore reissue might be a reasonable alternative. I haven't really checked on its price or availability though.

I think I've asked this before, but how come Transformers gets stuck in the deals board? I think even when there have been non-deal topics they end up here. Just seems like this would get more exposure in the general area.

I like it in this forum. It's always near the top, whereas in the off-topic, it could easily get lost in all the new threads created everyday.

Voyagers are on sale at Target this week for $17.99

Good time to pick up Long Haul, which is popping up near everywhere, and the new Deluxes. I found Jolt and the ice cream twins last week at Target.

[quote name='TheRock88']I saw in the ad it said other TF toys were on sale. Any idea if deluxes, scouts, and HA's are a part of the sale and how much?[/QUOTE]

If you check online prices, deluxes are 11.99 so they probably aren't on sale. Unless it is B&M only.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to anyone who comes to this thread, but if you happen to be in Japan and go to Osaka, Kids Land in Den-Den Town has Masterpiece Skywarp for 5000 yen. That is an EXCELLENT price, but with the remote control car I bought my dad, I didn't have the space for it in my hands or in my bag.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']If you check online prices, deluxes are 11.99 so they probably aren't on sale. Unless it is B&M only.[/QUOTE]

I went this morning and picked up Long Haul. Only Voyagers are on sale.

Did see Human Alliance Bumblebee (29.99), Devestator (99.99), and Swerve (11.99), though.

Voyager selection wasn't as good as last week, so people are taking advantage of the sale. There was only one Long Haul.

[quote name='sokutai']local target had the titanium die cast hot zone, thrust, and optimus prime on clearance for $10.48 which is 50% off ymmv[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, picked up a Thrust for almost nothing due to the 50% off and some gift cards I had... it was the last one out of all of them, which is a shame as I wanted to get Hot Spot too. Other Target doesn't even have these on clearance yet.

Saw a ROTF Superion yesterday too... thinking about getting it, as its an unused Energon mold apparently thrown into the ROTF packaging, and it's the only one I've ever seen thus far. Never wanted anything from the movie line, but Superion looks awesome, and I liked the Energon line.

Sucks I missed Soundwave again though... I try to check it quite frequently.

lol, yeah, that's why I won't spend much money on TFs anymore if I don't plan to open them. I don't want it to end up being a paperweight. I want my kids (ages 2 & a newborn) to play with them in 5 years or so, and don't want to worry about what happens if they break.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got my Soundwave today...fucking sweet, best TF in my collection so far. I haven't taken it out of the box though, and I probably wont.[/QUOTE]

I guess I will be opening up the soundwave tru edition that came out last year and have this one sealed.

[quote name='ryosnk']I guess I will be opening up the soundwave tru edition that came out last year and have this one sealed.[/QUOTE]

I've been debating the same thing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got my Soundwave today...fucking sweet, best TF in my collection so far. I haven't taken it out of the box though, and I probably wont.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today, I picked up 2 so I can open one (once I have suitable living space to display such things). From the picture on the Hasbro site, I thought this would have the double sized tape deck (the Soundblaster mold, same as the TRU reissue), but the tape deck is just single sized. I'm not complaining, just a little surprised they went with the original design.

Does the Hasbro Toy Shop avoid packing materials? The box was empty except for the Soundwaves, and it was big enough that they were sliding around a bit inside.

man I really want that Optimus prime 25th anniversary figure but its 69.99, and 56 dollars on Amazon, are those good deals or should I try to wait for price drops?

I think that's too high. You may very well be able to get it cheaper than that on clearance, and if you can't I would suggest getting the Encore version for around the same price. It's better, although it doesn't come with the comic or other extra stuff.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']God dammit. Missed Soundwave AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but it's not much of a deal to me given my geography anyway. I'm still on the fence about shelling out for it.

I say that now, not knowing if this re-issue will someday increase in collector value. >_

[quote name='Bloomy']Got mine today, I picked up 2 so I can open one (once I have suitable living space to display such things). From the picture on the Hasbro site, I thought this would have the double sized tape deck (the Soundblaster mold, same as the TRU reissue), but the tape deck is just single sized. I'm not complaining, just a little surprised they went with the original design.

Does the Hasbro Toy Shop avoid packing materials? The box was empty except for the Soundwaves, and it was big enough that they were sliding around a bit inside.[/QUOTE]

The single tape sized deck is how the original was made 25 years ago back in the 80's. I only picked up one to accompany my original G1 Optimus Prime and I like how it looks. Now I wish I hadn't sold off the rest of my collection back in the 90s:cry:. The excess packaging problem had me upset as well, the Soundwave packaging had some scuffs and a minor ding on the edge of the box.

Just found Titanium Hot Spot and Optimus Prime at a different Target... 30% off, last ones of each, I think they survived as long as they did because they had no clearance tag on them. On the way to the checkout, saw a guy who had like, 7 of them in his cart... seems like he forgot to check the endcaps where I found mine.

But yea, I would jump fast if anyone is interested in these, they are pretty solid and a damn good deal at $10 - $15 depending on your Target.

I *think* the Optimus is the War Within one.. but I haven't really read many of the comics other than the old Marvel ones.

I'm new to collecting transformers (my kids are into them now and looking back at all the cool ones from when I was a kid have me wanting to collect them all!). Anyway, I know of a Kmart that has two Optimus Prime 25th anniversary editions (with dvd and comic) for $52 each. In the opinion of anyone who cares to give it, should I pick one up now or wait for a drop? I know they had a half off toy clearance awhile ago and I just couldn't find any during that sale.

I would love to pick both up for the ~$50 price, but I don't know if that is a reasonable ideal...should I just bite the bullet and buy it now?

Found Human Alliance Sideswipe today at Target.

Targets are in the process of reconfiguring their toy sections -- some of them have done it and others are getting ready to. This was at one of the Targets that completed the reset.

Unfortunately, it looks like some Targets are boosting the price again. Deluxes at 13.09, leaders at $49 and change. Ouch. Star Wars Transformers went up to $18, too.

Sideswipe is a really great Deluxe hampered only by the stupid lack of some means to stand up without falling over thanks to the wheelfeet.

*This* one looks like it has feet.

Now I just need a nearby TRU to carry Jetfire. C'mon, guys...before your lame $10 giftcard I got last month expires at the end of this month.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I'm new to collecting transformers (my kids are into them now and looking back at all the cool ones from when I was a kid have me wanting to collect them all!). Anyway, I know of a Kmart that has two Optimus Prime 25th anniversary editions (with dvd and comic) for $52 each. In the opinion of anyone who cares to give it, should I pick one up now or wait for a drop? I know they had a half off toy clearance awhile ago and I just couldn't find any during that sale.

I would love to pick both up for the ~$50 price, but I don't know if that is a reasonable ideal...should I just bite the bullet and buy it now?[/QUOTE]

I talked a bit about this earlier in the thread, but it's kind of a high price in my opinion (the original price on the 25th Anniversary set was really high to begin with). I got mine for $27.99 late last year when Amazon was blowing transformers out. The extras are okay, but nothing to get too excited about. The actual Prime figure isn't quite as good as the Encore version -- the coloring of some of the plastic seems off. So personally if you're going to be spending $50+ anyway, I would just pay a bit more and get the Encore version. It's more accurate to the original toy, and the box is like the original box as well (except in Japanese). There's one on ebay now for $72.95 with free shipping.

[quote name='blandstalker']Found Human Alliance Sideswipe today at Target.

Targets are in the process of reconfiguring their toy sections -- some of them have done it and others are getting ready to. This was at one of the Targets that completed the reset.

Unfortunately, it looks like some Targets are boosting the price again. Deluxes at 13.09, leaders at $49 and change. Ouch. Star Wars Transformers went up to $18, too.

Sideswipe is a really great Deluxe hampered only by the stupid lack of some means to stand up without falling over thanks to the wheelfeet.

*This* one looks like it has feet.

Now I just need a nearby TRU to carry Jetfire. C'mon, guys...before your lame $10 giftcard I got last month expires at the end of this month.[/QUOTE]

I really liked the Deluxe Sideswipe, but when I saw the HA Sideswipe, that thing just looked too damn bulky. I'm just gonna stick with HA Bumblebee which is a money figure.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks man, picked up a Thrust for almost nothing due to the 50% off and some gift cards I had... it was the last one out of all of them, which is a shame as I wanted to get Hot Spot too. Other Target doesn't even have these on clearance yet.

Saw a ROTF Superion yesterday too... thinking about getting it, as its an unused Energon mold apparently thrown into the ROTF packaging, and it's the only one I've ever seen thus far. Never wanted anything from the movie line, but Superion looks awesome, and I liked the Energon line.

Sucks I missed Soundwave again though... I try to check it quite frequently.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Superion just a recolor of the Energon gestalt? I don't think it's a new mold, I have the original one and it looks pretty much the same.

Also picked up HA Sideswipe. Not as solid as HA Bumblebee, and a ton of the car is just hanging off his back, but he's not bad.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just found Titanium Hot Spot and Optimus Prime at a different Target... 30% off, last ones of each, I think they survived as long as they did because they had no clearance tag on them. On the way to the checkout, saw a guy who had like, 7 of them in his cart... seems like he forgot to check the endcaps where I found mine.

But yea, I would jump fast if anyone is interested in these, they are pretty solid and a damn good deal at $10 - $15 depending on your Target.

I *think* the Optimus is the War Within one.. but I haven't really read many of the comics other than the old Marvel ones.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Optimus is the War Within Titanium mold, but recolored to match the color scheme of Movie Optimus.

It's a cool mold with a nice alt-mode and well worth picking up if you don't have the original release.

Does anyone think Hasbro will rerelease the Classic line of Skywarp and Thundercracker? Both of them were released years ago. Skywarp as a 2-pack Target exclusive (Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp) and Thundercracker was a Botcon exclusive in 2007.

I'm talking about these figures:

magnus-skywarp-robot.jpg

thundercrackerPREbot.jpg

I have the Classic line of Starscream and I want both these 2 to put them all together!

I'm pretty sure the Classics line is dead to Hasbro for quite some time, due to the movie merchandise.

Even if classics come back, I believe Hasbro has already said that Thundercracker was off the table due to being a Botcon exclusive, and I think they said no to Skywarp.

I also think both were released in Japan under the Henkei line as normal releases, so tracking down the Japanese releases would probably be the best bet

WTFFF. BBTS told me that the Revoltech Optimus Prime figure was scheduled to arrive in July 2009, now it says August 2009 and it's the 21st...gh3y.

Might just cancel my pre-order.

I know this is a TF toy discussion thread but I figure that you guys could answer my question better than anyone else.

In regards to the new TF 25th Anniversary DVD sets, how do they compare to the old Rhino sets? I currently have the opportunity to get 4 of the 5 sets (only missing the last one- with Season 3 Part 2 and Season 4) of the Rhino print for like $50 but I'm not sure if I should hold off for the 25th anniversary sets instead.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vinny']I know this is a TF toy discussion thread but I figure that you guys could answer my question better than anyone else.

In regards to the new TF 25th Anniversary DVD sets, how do they compare to the old Rhino sets? I currently have the opportunity to get 4 of the 5 sets (only missing the last one- with Season 3 Part 2 and Season 4) of the Rhino print for like $50 but I'm not sure if I should hold off for the 25th anniversary sets instead.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...f-leadership-edition-dvd-boxset-review/16732/

That about sums it all up. If you have the Rhino print, you're more likely to stay with that version since there isn't much different between the 25th anniversary. The only thing I noticed from that link is that the 25th anniversary edition will have more special features/documentaries. I didn't have the Rhino versions so I got the Matrix of Leadership edition from Comic-Con.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']http://www.seibertron.com/transform...f-leadership-edition-dvd-boxset-review/16732/

That about sums it all up. If you have the Rhino print, you're more likely to stay with that version since there isn't much different between the 25th anniversary. The only thing I noticed from that link is that the 25th anniversary edition will have more special features/documentaries. I didn't have the Rhino versions so I got the Matrix of Leadership edition from Comic-Con.[/QUOTE]

Dammit... if I had known about the Matrix of Leadership version, I wouldn't bought the Rhino ones. Bah! $140 is a lot of money. :whistle2:(

Regardless, thanks for the info.

Target.com (online only) is having $10 off $30, $20 off $60, $30 off $90 on select items. Notable items that are eligible are Devastator, Leader Jetfire Leader Prime, Leader Megs, and HA Bumblebee. All 5 of these figures ship for free as well.

Are there any Hasbrotoyshop.com promo codes flying around? Perhaps one for free shipping? They have some universe figures in stock that I'd like to get but the tax and shipping kill it. I used tf2009 for 10% off but that really doesn't make much a difference.

BKTF09 still works for free shipping on orders over 25.

Used it to order Arcee and Blazemaster last week. Strangely, while I've seen a lot of hate for Arcee, and a decent amount of love for Blazemaster, I feel the opposite. Arcee's really unique, and I like her more than Chromia. Blazemaster has a REALLY great, cohesive, kibble-free alt mode, but the robot mode... ugh. Also, colors are waaay off from the pics:
attachment.php

VS
(Sorry, image is really really big for the official release)
attachment.php

Quick review of other recent figs, not that anyone cares :D
Devastator: Not nearly as bad as I thought, Megazord, nicer at $30.00 off
Jetfire: GREAT! Amazing, beautiful and GIGANTIC jet mode, fun/complex transformation... kinda week combined mode
Jolt: meh, nothing wrong, but a kinda boring fig imho
Longhaul: Unique transformation for an alt mode we've seen a couple times, fun
Icecream truck twins: WIN. These are pure win. A little more paint would have been nice (see this beautiful work http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/253373-suck-my-popsicle-wip-ice-cream-twins.html)

[quote name='E-Z-B']Target.com (online only) is having $10 off $30, $20 off $60, $30 off $90 on select items. Notable items that are eligible are Devastator, Leader Jetfire Leader Prime, Leader Megs, and HA Bumblebee. All 5 of these figures ship for free as well.[/QUOTE]

Use coupon code S6BP388J for an additional 10% off the original price.

[quote name='jousley']I HAD the original till a few years back. Ebayed all of my Transformers...except for my all time favorite birthbay present and in my opnion the coolest Transformer. Original Jetfire/ Skyfire :) 100% complete too and looking brand new.[/QUOTE]

Mine too. I got it for my birthday the year it came out (1984?) and had it until someone stole it from my college bedroom in 1995. I was so so pissed off. In fact, I am still so so pissed off :( :bomb:

Got them (and all the others I mentioned) from HasbroToyShop, but the twins are currently sold out. They've popped back up a couple times, but sell out insanely fast. IDK if the fanbase is just keeping tabs, or if for some reason scalpers have decided that they are their main target.

They've been out for about a month now, but they disappear immediately. If you see a Jolt or a Blazemaster, you know they were there. I've seen them only once at retail -- same for Arcee.

I don't know why Hasbro doesn't ship more of these. The first few waves are now massively overrepresented and can be found anywhere.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Blazemaster has a REALLY great, cohesive, kibble-free alt mode, but the robot mode... ugh. Also, colors are waaay off from the pics:[/QUOTE]

Hasbro is getting worse with this. It's amazing how some pictures look great and then you actually get the figure and look at it and can't figure out why it's so disappointing. I look at the pictures now just to judge the structural design -- Blazemaster's doofy arms/hands made me put it back on the peg even though I really liked the helicopter mode.

bread's done
Back