10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
how much do the TRU Insecticons set cost? I wouldn't mind picking that up as long as I'm not getting raped on it. And is it available any place on line for MSRP?

[quote name='KingDox']how much do the TRU Insecticons set cost? I wouldn't mind picking that up as long as I'm not getting raped on it. And is it available any place on line for MSRP?[/QUOTE]

$34.99. They've been around for about a month or so.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Yeah, picked up Perceptor and Insecticons a week or so ago too. Have the G1s already, so gonna keep these mint in box.[/quote]

I have the G1s, too, and $34.99 is too much for me. That said, they might get discounted or clearanced, and you can always sell them for what you paid for them.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
And don't feel bad about being a "chump" who buys em all... I buy any TF that isn't a repaint. period. Some real steaming piles out there, but I still get em. Stupid obsessive collector syndrome. At least I stopped getting repaints about 5 years ago (though a retool on the other hand, that shit is bought!), and have almost convinced myself to stop buying the shitty star wars and marvel crossovers. Almost.[/quote]

I pick and choose. I used to get everything until I realized that some molds and ideas just don't appeal to me. Voyager Scavenger? No way. Any of the recent non-Animated Megatrons? Too overpriced and kibbly. Scouts are (to me) overpriced, and I haven't bought a single ROTF one, though there are a few I would pick up on sale (and they've never gone on sale, dammit!)

I generally don't get repaints -- Autobot Gears, are you kidding me? -- but occasionally will, like Swerve. Retools, maybe, depending on how different it is. Still haven't gotten Cannon Bumblebee or the new Deluxe Barricade and probably won't. Every so often, I have to ask myself how many Optimus Primes/Bumblebees/Whatevers I really need. But I did get HA Bumblebee.

Sometimes I'm really arbitrary. I got Rampage, which is weird and off-putting and about equal parts interesting and fail, and skipped Blazemaster, because I thought it looked dorky. I still can't talk myself into ROTF Ravage.

[quote name='Zmonkay']IDK though, for every clunker I get out of "collectorness" (Energon Omega Supreme, you 50.00 piece of shit!) I find one I wouldn't have bought and surprisingly enjoyed (ROTF Supreme Devastator).[/quote]

Thing is, you never know what it's really going to be like until you get it out of the box.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Speaking of Devy:

Legends class is coming stateside![/QUOTE]

Now you're talking! I wouldn't buy the big one at any price (well, maybe $20) since they don't have robot modes, but I'll be all over this one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who needs the new version Jetfire, when I have the G1 Jetfire. :razz:

I really should sell these, since they're just collecting dust here. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Here's mine. Uber mint, complete, in near mint box. This, and the complete/uber mint boxed Fortress Maximus are the crown jewels of my collection.

I also have another mint complete Jetfire with the styrofoam but no box :whistle2:( (along with a couple of loose ones in excellent condition with various levels of completion)

No other version compares to the Macross/Robotech Jetfire...especially not some crotchety old, suicidal limey SR71

Picture010.jpg

Here are some shots of various parts of my G1 TF collection. I really need to go through and catalog everything, especially after that monster score earlier in the year.

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/toys/

[quote name='blandstalker']Voyager Scavenger? No way. [/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?! I thought the same at first too. I bought it, but the picks made it look really similar to Movie1 Screamer, and I thought it was maybe a retool... NOPE! Completely new and completely AWESOME mold. Seriosly, great transformation. Very surprised at how they engineered some of it. I highly recommend it.

And karkyco, all I can say is:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Seriously beats the pants off of my "yellowed from too much sun, most of the stickers fallen off or faded, right arm detatched at shoulder, no accessories, no box" edition... (Anyone remember when garage sales had TF's for a couple bucks? fuck you ebay:bomb:)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Are you kidding me?! I thought the same at first too. I bought it, but the picks made it look really similar to Movie1 Screamer, and I thought it was maybe a retool... NOPE! Completely new and completely AWESOME mold. Seriosly, great transformation. Very surprised at how they engineered some of it. I highly recommend it.

And karkyco, all I can say is:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Seriously beats the pants off of my "yellowed from too much sun, most of the stickers fallen off or faded, right arm detatched at shoulder, no accessories, no box" edition... (Anyone remember when garage sales had TF's for a couple bucks? fuck you ebay:bomb:)[/QUOTE]

Boy, do I remember. But hey, yours is "battle damaged" and that definitely adds to the character. One can only imagine the combat and horrors of Cybertronian war he's seen.

Finally scored the Ice Cream truck at Target on Saturday night. It's easily one of the best TFs I own.

Forgot to mention I picked up the ice cream truck as well, came across a couple at Toys R Us. Also got the Megatron / Soundwave / Fallen Gathering At The Nemesis 3-pack (currently $10 off) and the Hoist / Mixmaster 2-pack TRU exclusives.

I picked up the commemorative 25th anniversary Insecticon 3 pack from TRU last week...left plenty of Perceptors behind since I've got plenty of versions of him including a boxed complete original.

Also stopped into Walmart today to see about the crazy cheap TV/laptop/X360 Arcade deals, I knew they wouldn't have any of the three but what the hell, and was surprised to see them trying to sell the Devastator bundle for $100, LOL. Costco has it for $70 I think.

BUT, I saw a shelf full of Masterpiece Skywarps in the "Walmart exclusive" US Masterpiece Starscream style packaging. $60 each. Probably going to get a couple, although I already have 2 Takara Masterpiece Skywarps. I'd love a Thundercracker or two...and a Takara Starscream.

[quote name='kell']If anyone is looking for the Wal-mart Exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp, they are starting to get them in.[/QUOTE]

DOH! You beat me by a minute!

They didn't have Perceptor or the Insecticons at my local TRU last week, but I'll be stopping in again this week for the Pokemon event. There are a couple more I can check in on this week.

And it looks like a Wal-mart stop or two will also be in the works this week. Had a big order from BBTS come in last week, and with the holiday games coming out, this is starting to get expensive.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Finally scored the Ice Cream truck at Target on Saturday night. It's easily one of the best TFs I own.[/QUOTE]

Picked one up about 2 months ago and that thing must be rare cause I havent seen one since.

[quote name='karkyco']Boy, do I remember. But hey, yours is "battle damaged" and that definitely adds to the character. One can only imagine the combat and horrors of Cybertronian war he's seen.[/QUOTE]

Battle-damaged... :lol: Very nice. All I can say is don't take your Skull Cruncher to the beach ever... you'll never get it pristine again! :lol: But damn is that a cool transformer from back in the day... Hasbro should re-release that...

This Holiday is looking pretty good for my wallet - I don't care for any of the movie redesigns. If you ask me, Michael Bay horrifically ruined the franchise - they're transformers, not f*cking godzilla monsters. Every f*cking preview is some monster transformer tearing through the city like a brainless, irradiated lizard. You couldn't pay me enough to go see Revenge of the Fallen. :bomb:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Finally scored the Ice Cream truck at Target on Saturday night. It's easily one of the best TFs I own.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree. The TRU I work at has had a good steady supply of them for the past 2 months.

I did have to upgrade it a little. Got some stickers from reprolabels to liven it up.
IMG_0301.jpg

Well I picked up a Masterpiece Skywarp tonight. I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not but damn would it look nice on the shelf next to my Masterpiece Starscream...

I actually saw a Masterpiece Skywarp while I was at Wal-Mart. Couldn't find it on the shelf though so it was odd. Anyhow, didn't care to pick it up since I already have MP Starscream. Did notice that the particular Wal-Mart i was at had deluxe ROTF for $8.xx. Otherwise nothing really new stood out. Did spot Target Leo Prime exclusive but that's bout it.

Last year, I searched an insane amount of Wal-Marts around here for MP Starscream and never saw a hint of one.

This year, I've seen MP Skywarp twice in two weeks. And I haven't bought it.

This one figure challenges a lot about my Transformers buying habits.

Do I really need yet another version of this toy? How many Starscreams/Skywarps/Thrusts/Ramjets/Others do I own, anyway?

Why do I need to spend $60 on this?

Isn't it kind of small for $60?

Why do I get the feeling that if it were Starscream, I actually would buy it. Is the color that important to me? Why should that matter?

Also, since there have been tons of them, I haven't felt the need to grab one. Why should that matter? I believe these will eventually sell out, so it's not waiting for a bargain.

[quote name='blandstalker']Last year, I searched an insane amount of Wal-Marts around here for MP Starscream and never saw a hint of one.

Do I really need yet another version of this toy? How many Starscreams/Skywarps/Thrusts/Ramjets/Others do I own, anyway?

Why do I get the feeling that if it were Starscream, I actually would buy it. Is the color that important to me? Why should that matter?

Also, since there have been tons of them, I haven't felt the need to grab one. Why should that matter? I believe these will eventually sell out, so it's not waiting for a bargain.[/QUOTE]

Just buy the damn thing! ;)

I never saw Starscream so I jumped on Skywarp when I could. Best save up for Grimlock since he's next.

[quote name='blandstalker']Last year, I searched an insane amount of Wal-Marts around here for MP Starscream and never saw a hint of one.

Also, since there have been tons of them, I haven't felt the need to grab one. Why should that matter? I believe these will eventually sell out, so it's not waiting for a bargain.[/QUOTE]

I agree with kell that you should just pick it up. If you didn't see Starscream last year, you should probably get Skywarp before he is all gone.

Even if you think $60 is a lot for a "small" toy, you might also consider getting the Takara MP Skywarp would cost about $90-110.

Picked up Skywarp without a second thought. As Thedrknss48 said, still better than the import. Now to resist the urge to import Thundercracker to round out the set... Already broke my "no repaint" rule once. Really disappointed they left screamers head on Skywarp though. Takara version had a unique face. Missing paint aps too, but that's fairly expected of Hasbro/lower price :(

Found loads of 25th anniversary G1 Insecticons at TRUs today. $35 plus tax is not cheap, but the Takara version of this is going for big bucks on eBay, so still a very good deal is you want this set.

So glad to hear that Animated Arcee and Animated Cybertron Ratchet are going to be released. Only downside is that they're going to be TRU exclusives.

[quote name='hbkhbk']Found loads of 25th anniversary G1 Insecticons at TRUs today. $35 plus tax is not cheap, but the Takara version of this is going for big bucks on eBay, so still a very good deal is you want this set.[/QUOTE]

I saw them yesterday as well. They looked so utterly plain and most definitely not worth $35.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']So glad to hear that Animated Arcee and Animated Cybertron Ratchet are going to be released. Only downside is that they're going to be TRU exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm excited as all hell that they're finishing up the Animated line. Electrostatic Soundwave, Arcee, Rodimus, Cybertron mode Ratchet (and iirc Ironhide), and Blackout are all must buys for me. I LOVED Animated, both the show and the line, and am still utterly disappointed that they cut it off. Universe/Classics 2.0 is on "hiatus" till the movieverse stuff runs down, but unless I'm mistaken, Animated is dead :(

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I saw them yesterday as well. They looked so utterly plain and most definitely not worth $35.[/QUOTE]
Do you think perceptor is worth $35 for my son?
P.S. anybody seen Long Haul in Long Island-Nassau, my son really wants him for the holidays.

[quote name='mickeyp']Do you think perceptor is worth $35 for my son?
P.S. anybody seen Long Haul in Long Island-Nassau, my son really wants him for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Perceptor's lame. My brother had him when we were kids, and his alt mode sucks. I'd either get the insecticons or get some of the ROTF Scouts.

[quote name='mickeyp']Do you think perceptor is worth $35 for my son?
P.S. anybody seen Long Haul in Long Island-Nassau, my son really wants him for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Perceptor is an even bigger rip-off at $35 than the Insecticons. Its funny how all these G1 toys seemed so much bigger when I was a kid...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Perceptor is an even bigger rip-off at $35 than the Insecticons. Its funny how all these G1 toys seemed so much bigger when I was a kid...[/QUOTE]

They are specialty items aimed at collectors, not the mainstream audience, with less made. They aren't a ripoff, you just don't want to pay the price. Go look at most lines that aren't aimed at kids, they cost more.

Well my son is a kid but he is a collector and so am I. He takes really good care of all his transformers. Is it worth if u consider that.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I saw them yesterday as well. They looked so utterly plain and most definitely not worth $35.[/QUOTE]

LOL, agreed. When you open the front lit, the three figures inside do look plain and small... maybe it comes with stickers for you to apply on them?

However, the packaging definitely looks a lot better than any of the current transformers packaging out there, and with Takara version going for over $150 on eBay, this is definitely an attractive alternative.

[quote name='georox']They are specialty items aimed at collectors, not the mainstream audience, with less made. They aren't a ripoff, you just don't want to pay the price. Go look at most lines that aren't aimed at kids, they cost more.[/QUOTE]

I realize they are collector's items but that isn't an excuse to gouge the price on it. When you look at some of the other Transformers collectable items, this one is severely over-priced. I'm not complaining about them charging extra for it being a collectible but it would be a stretch to say this is the same size as a $20 voyager. Hell, this is more than they were charging for Optimus reissue a couple years ago and that's Optimus Prime. I know the cost of plastic has gone up but not that much to account for charging this much for a small figure of minor importance.

[quote name='cag1000']BF Transformer deals so far??

1. Walmart exculsive BF 2-pack(like previous years) $9
2.......????[/QUOTE]

TRU is doing their standard 50% sale on Universe Ultra and Animated Leader figures. Animated Bumper Battlers for $4.39.

Kmart has Movie Voyagers and Power Bots for $15.

Kohls has Deluxe figures for $8.50. Target is doing $8.

Meijer has Movie Scouts for $5.50 and Devastator for $70.

Rite-Aid has some kind of special Universe Scout 3 Pack set for $15.

[quote name='mickeyp']Well my son is a kid but he is a collector and so am I. He takes really good care of all his transformers. Is it worth if u consider that.[/QUOTE]

Even considering that, I'd still skip perceptor. He really is that lame.

Ok, i will get something else, thanks for your help.
Anyone see Long Haul out there or should I just order it from an online store which I don't like to do, I like the hunt!

[quote name='kojubat']TRU is doing their standard 50% sale on Universe Ultra and Animated Leader figures. Animated Bumper Battlers for $4.39.

Kmart has Movie Voyagers and Power Bots for $15.

Kohls has Deluxe figures for $8.50. Target is doing $8.

Meijer has Movie Scouts for $5.50 and Devastator for $70.

Rite-Aid has some kind of special Universe Scout 3 Pack set for $15.[/QUOTE]

That special Rite-Aid 3 pack goes on sale for $5 starting Sunday. So everyone should try to snag that one!!!! I grabbed one for $15 and will price adjust. $15 on BF then $5 on Sunday?? Rite-Aid got problems.

All the walmarts by me have movie deluxes for $8. You may have to take it to a scanner to check because the shelf might still say $10. It's funny - it's only $0.56 more expensive now than a scout.

[quote name='E-Z-B']All the walmarts by me have movie deluxes for $8. You may have to take it to a scanner to check because the shelf might still say $10. It's funny - it's only $0.56 more expensive now than a scout.[/QUOTE]

Only ones I've seen at that price around here are the ROTF Deluxes. Animated ones are still $11.xx round these parts.

[quote name='E-Z-B']All the walmarts by me have movie deluxes for $8. You may have to take it to a scanner to check because the shelf might still say $10. It's funny - it's only $0.56 more expensive now than a scout.[/QUOTE]

Also, all the walmarts by me have animated leaders for $20. I picked up Ultra Magnus and Megs.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have the 25th Anniversary G1 Optimus Prime in next week's 2 day ad (12/11-12/12) for $34.99[/QUOTE]

Actually right now, TRU is running a "Facebook appreciation sale". If you become a fan on facebook they give you a code (its FFS29124) for 20% off a bunch of specific items. One of the items is that Optimus Prime.
So even with the 20% off it's $55.99. Retailers love to pull this kind of crap around the holidays.
For what it's worth, here is the link to become their fan: http://www.facebook.com/toysrus?ref=nf&v=app_163849080647

Credit to http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toysrus-facebook-fan-appreciation-sale/17452/

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I realize they are collector's items but that isn't an excuse to gouge the price on it. When you look at some of the other Transformers collectable items, this one is severely over-priced. I'm not complaining about them charging extra for it being a collectible but it would be a stretch to say this is the same size as a $20 voyager. Hell, this is more than they were charging for Optimus reissue a couple years ago and that's Optimus Prime. I know the cost of plastic has gone up but not that much to account for charging this much for a small figure of minor importance.[/QUOTE]

Well, they were probably about $12 each when they came out (I could check my box but it's way up in my closet) so considering there are 3 of them, $35 actually is quite sensible.

[quote name='equest943']Well, they were probably about $12 each when they came out (I could check my box but it's way up in my closet) so considering there are 3 of them, $35 actually is quite sensible.[/QUOTE]

They were 5.99, 7.99 at expensive stores. Of course, that's 1980s money.

Deluxe Insecticons were more -- that's what you're probably thinking about -- and were not as easily available.

For a collectors item, it's not outrageous. It would go down a lot easier at $30, though.

Perceptor, however, is outrageous. No excuse for that being $35.

bread's done
Back