Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jbz']Which Wheeljack/Soundwave? Prime series?[/QUOTE]

DOTM... it should be the final wave before it rolls over into Movie Trilogy, they are both deluxes. There is also a human alliance Soundwave too I think.

They were supposed to be out in December but I don't think they made it in the US. I've seen packaged pics from Takara, though.

I finally finished up with TFs myself -- my gf went a few towns over outside of the range of the scalper in my area and scored Guzzle, the last guy I was missing. He is awesome. Picked up a Flak too for the hell of it. Prime Bumblebee showed up today too! Glad I got Arcee and Starscream through HTS, as there was not one of them to be found in my TRU. Barely any Bumblebees as well.

And to everyone else: Sky Shadow isn't a repaint, he's a retool -- he has a new head and a different chest. Not sure why Hasbro changed the name (licensing issues?) but he is Black Shadow from TF: Victory, so that alone made him worth getting for me as it's rare we get anything that isn't from a Hasbro cartoon or comic series. If you're passing on him due to having Thunderwing, imo you're really missing out.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_Shadow

I mean, look at him! He's a space gangster and in IDW continuity, he is one of the strongest Decepticons there is. Black Shadow is awesome.

oh! that is interesting about sky shadow, just what I need another reason to buy another transformer. Maybe I will pick him up next time I see him, we don't even have a thunderwing anyway.-don't go telling me I need to get him also. LOL

[quote name='jbz']Sold. What are your thoughts on Thunderwing? I'll prob grab both from HTS[/QUOTE]

I actually don't have Thunderwing on-hand (hes been in my BBTS Pile of Loot since January... I really have to ship it one of these days), but the mold used for Black Shadow is pretty good. Transformation is pretty simple but it doesn't deter from the character imo, and he looks pretty close to his look in the G1 comics.

He was a pretty big player in the old comics, being one of the only Decepticons to wield the matrix. My only real complaint about Sky Shadow, and it probably carries over to Thunderwing, is that they are both a tiny bit shorter than your average deluxe.

On both figures, the front of the plane comes off to simulate the "inner robot", as both Thunderwing and Black Shadow were pretenders / crossformers; on the Generations figures there is no mention of the inner robot though, its just called a "recon drone" but its still a nice touch. Each comes with two guns which can combine to make one large gun -- this is to simulate Thunderwing's big cannon in the comics.

For 20% off and free shipping on HTS, its worth it imo to get both... I really dig Sky Shadow and I can't imagine not liking Thunderwing as they are practically the same except for the head and chest.

I think if you only wanted one use of the mold I would go for Sky Shadow, but both characters are pretty important to Transformers mythos so its worth having both not to mention they aren't simple repaints of each other.

Back in the day, Black Shadow was a redeco of Thunderwing as well so its pretty cool that history repeats itself here -- its not like Hasbro / Takara are shoving a character onto a mold that doesn't fit, like Cyclonus and Strafe (this one is just an abomination, imo.)

Sometimes for me, the mythos behind a character makes him worth having in my collection, and Thunderwing / Black Shadow are examples of that. Black (Sky) Shadow has been on my desk for a few days now and he's fun to mess around with -- he definitely grows on you.

Wow, cool stuff about Black Shadow. I'd never heard even heard of him. Really gotta read the older Marvel (both US and UK) comics some day.

So I've been thinking, is 2012 gonna be the year we see new dinobots figs? High moon studios worked in conjunction with Hasbro for WFC. And it seems the dinobots play a major role in FOC story line. Seems like a good choice for new figs?

TRU has the deluxe Transformers B1G1 free this week. I picked up Bumblebee and Starscream from the Prime line for $14 total (plus tax).

I picked up Warpath, Wheeljack (one of my favorite characters), and Junkyard (or Junkheap?) at Wal-Mart yesterday. I do not usually get deluxe toys but they looked cool, and I have never had a Wheeljack toy before. I may get Sky Shadow if I see him again.

[quote name='maynardsnow']So I've been thinking, is 2012 gonna be the year we see new dinobots figs? High moon studios worked in conjunction with Hasbro for WFC. And it seems the dinobots play a major role in FOC story line. Seems like a good choice for new figs?[/QUOTE]

Hasbro is currently all about mold reuse at the moment with probably the priority for one-time use molds going to TF: Prime. I gotta imagine for 2012 a lot of Hasbro's budget is going into Prime as it requires all new molds for nearly every character.

If we do get any Generations figures, they will be ones Hasbro can reuse as someone else to save money, which isn't really possible with any of the Dinobots. Same with FOC -- I could see Hasbro only concentrating on molds they can reuse.

Considering that internally, they had no plans to even use Grimlock in the game / Prime / novel continuity until High Moon pushed for it, there are probably no plans for a Grimlock figure.

I'd love to be proved wrong but I don't see it happening. I've also heard rumors that they are staying away from any animal forms because they don't sell to kids.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Wow, cool stuff about Black Shadow. I'd never heard even heard of him.[/QUOTE]

Yea, he is a pretty awesome character. I think many people are avoiding him because they don't know about him, only knowing he is a retool. We don't get many retail release figures of Japanese G1 characters (almost all of them are Botcon exclusives), so it would be sad if Black Shadow was a test figure and didn't sell. I'd love to get an Overlord, Blue Bacchus and Deathsaurus figures that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Felt this needed its own post, because this is the number one reason I cannot stand TRU.

The Prime figures rose in price *again* on their website -- now they've gone up from $13.99 to $16.99 for a Deluxe.

I really don't know what they are thinking here. This is the second price increase they've done on these in a little over a week. At this point, its better to just buy the entire wave from BBTS.

I think they are currently $14 in store so expect the price to jump to $17 soon, so I'd get what you wanted asap. The rumor has it that TRU has realized they are the only brick and mortar retailer that carries these so they are capitalizing on it; you want the figures, you pay our price cause you can't get to any other B&M store.

In better pricing news, Target currently has all Generations figures at $6.99 for this week only. Apparently DOTM deluxes as well. Sale is online too! And they've got the latest wave of DOTM up but no Generations.

Also, Cannon Force Ironhide, the red DOTM Voyager redeco, is $9.99 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...YW0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324292616&sr=8-1

I usually don't get redecos but I'm real tempted.

[quote name='animalspinners']Felt this needed its own post, because this is the number one reason I cannot stand TRU.

The Prime figures rose in price *again* on their website -- now they've gone up from $13.99 to $16.99 for a Deluxe.

I really don't know what they are thinking here. This is the second price increase they've done on these in a little over a week. At this point, its better to just buy the entire wave from BBTS.

I think they are currently $14 in store so expect the price to jump to $17 soon, so I'd get what you wanted asap. The rumor has it that TRU has realized they are the only brick and mortar retailer that carries these so they are capitalizing on it; you want the figures, you pay our price cause you can't get to any other B&M store.

In better pricing news, Target currently has all Generations figures at $6.99 for this week only. Apparently DOTM deluxes as well. Sale is online too! And they've got the latest wave of DOTM up but no Generations.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...YW0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324292616&sr=8-1

I usually don't get redecos but I'm real tempted.[/QUOTE]

Voyager Soundwave was $12.99 too just the other day.

Man, I just ordered that Ironhide for $12.99 on Saturday. Hope I can cancel and re-order at the cheaper price.

[quote name='animalspinners']

Wow, that is tempting. The original is a good figure, and I passed on the redeco, even though the paint is superior. (The red/orangey color is a little toy-like, but I kind of like the redeco better).

Other Amazon deals, in case you need to hit the magic $25:

PCC Crankcase and the Destrons (one of the better PCC sets) for 6.99
Cyberverse Preview Prime for 3.99

Also, I don't know if you had tons of these in the US or not. They were not easy to come by in Canada, so even though the price is not necessarily amazing, they're pretty good deals. All are fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for free shipping by Xmas.

RTS Wreck-Gar for 13.47
RTS Tracks for 8.99
RTS Perceptor for 9.99
RTS Jazz for 11.98

[quote name='animalspinners']Felt this needed its own post, because this is the number one reason I cannot stand TRU.

Yeah I saw TRU did that. I hate them.

[quote name='blandstalker']Wow, that is tempting. The original is a good figure, and I passed on the redeco, even though the paint is superior. (The red/orangey color is a little toy-like, but I kind of like the redeco better).

Other Amazon deals, in case you need to hit the magic $25:

PCC Crankcase and the Destrons (one of the better PCC sets) for 6.99
Cyberverse Preview Prime for 3.99

Also, I don't know if you had tons of these in the US or not. They were not easy to come by in Canada, so even though the price is not necessarily amazing, they're pretty good deals. All are fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for free shipping by Xmas.

RTS Wreck-Gar for 13.47
RTS Tracks for 8.99
RTS Perceptor for 9.99
RTS Jazz for 11.98[/QUOTE]

Man....I ordered Wreck-Gar and Track each for like $1-2 more. Not a big deal, but since we are CAGs, it hurts to lose out even on that much! :lol:

So I ordered a Masterpiece Starscream (Ghost version) from TFSource as it was on sale for $99. I also noticed it's on sale at BBTS. Is something going on with these? Why are they on sale? I'm just worried I bought a lemon or something. I know this version isn't as popular. Is that the only reason?

[quote name='blandstalker']

RTS Wreck-Gar for 13.47
RTS Tracks for 8.99
RTS Perceptor for 9.99
RTS Jazz for 11.98[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks! Finally have Perceptor! Also picked up (overpriced) Legends Prowl and Trailcutter. Hunt for the Decepticons is finally complete :D

It's expensive plus not that popular. They probably overproduced them.

[quote name='jbz']So I ordered a Masterpiece Starscream (Ghost version) from TFSource as it was on sale for $99. I also noticed it's on sale at BBTS. Is something going on with these? Why are they on sale? I'm just worried I bought a lemon or something. I know this version isn't as popular. Is that the only reason?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jbz']So I ordered a Masterpiece Starscream (Ghost version) from TFSource as it was on sale for $99. I also noticed it's on sale at BBTS. Is something going on with these? Why are they on sale? I'm just worried I bought a lemon or something. I know this version isn't as popular. Is that the only reason?[/QUOTE]

What crowbb said, plus the fact that a retool of MP Starscream is coming soon might have something to do with it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']What crowbb said, plus the fact that a retool of MP Starscream is coming soon might have something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

That said, there's nothing wrong with it. I have one because I wanted a MP Starscream and thought the idea of a clear one was cool and that I got it somewhat cheaper didn't hurt. It's a perfectly fine version of MP Starscream, just not one that will win a popularity contest.

Ok cool. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you blandstalker. I really wanted a MP Starscream and I dug the clear look. I wouldn't mind a "regular" version, but the prices are pretty high.

I was also looking at the iGear version of the Seekers. Anyone familiar with the quality of these customs and if they're worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMER...716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56473e933c

They have a Thundercracker that I would love to get since the Takara/Tomy one is ridiculously priced.

[quote name='knight19']TRU has the deluxe Transformers B1G1 free this week. I picked up Bumblebee and Starscream from the Prime line for $14 total (plus tax).[/QUOTE]

My TRU didn't have any Prime figures in stock.

I picked up Wheeljack (going to return the one I just bought at Wal-mart) and Scourge though. Thought about getting Kup, but not sure how much I'd like him, and there wasn't another deluxe I really was looking at (though DOTM Sideswipe and Topspin looked a little interesting).

And for 9:45 at night I couldn't believe how busy TRU was. I got lucky and a checkout lane opened and the woman waved me up before she put her light on. Otherwise there was only 2 lanes with about 15 people in each lane.

[quote name='jbz']There was not one single Transformer Deluxe figure on the pegs in my TRU. Wiped out clean.[/QUOTE]

Not one? Dang. There were a ton of FOTM deluxes, but very few of anything else at mine.

My Target had deluxes marked down to $6.99, but the only one there was a Sergeant Kup with a pretty bent card.

With TRU going to 24 hours in the run up to Christmas, I stopped by my local one around midnight when they were putting stock out. A bunch of Transformers shipping boxes in the aisle. I looked them over, but didn't see any marked as Prime. There were 2 boxes marked as deluxe Animated figures, and there were a lot of them on the shelves. Didn't feel like making a run over to the other one that isn't far away, maybe make a trip there tomorrow.

Amazon has sale on kreo sets. Starscream at $19 and the larger optimus set is $47. Not bad pricing. That optimus is very tempting. Never could swallow the original asking price

Disappointed with the Botcon 2012 box set this year:

Shattered Glass:
Evil Ultra Magnus
Evil Tracks
Heroic Soundwave
Heroic Treadshot

Classics:
Overlord (Listed as Gigatron in the Brochure.)
Metalhawk

I'm kind of getting sick of Shattered Glass, and I'm extremely disappointed to see Overlord show up here... he deserves far more than getting relegated to repaint / new head only status. He definitely deserves a brand new figure and chances are, he's going to be a deluxe, which is even more disappointing.

Ultra Magnus looks to be a repaint of RtS Laser Prime and Soundwave looks to be a repaint of the Ratchet / Ironhide classics mold... two molds I really don't much care for to begin with.

Judging by the sound of it, the rest of the stand alone figures will be Ultra Magnus's crew (since the announcement mentioned a crew and only two figs are present here) among other assorted fan favorites. I don't know, this doesn't seem worth the $400 or so to me this year. I initially liked Shattered Glass as a one off but now it seems like they are running the concept into the ground. This set seems more lazy and more of a cash grab than earlier years.

In awesome news, BBTS is getting a restock of Warbot Defender -- its pricey at $108 but thats far cheaper than the going rate on eBay.

[quote name='DjHero_X']Are there any deals on the Ultimate Optumis Prime from Dark Of the Moon?[/QUOTE]

Best I've seen was $20 off before christmas.

[quote name='pjb16']Best I've seen was $20 off before christmas.[/QUOTE]

So that was around 60 buck than? Everywhere I've been looking around in the Biloxi all the stores are out of stock. :(

[quote name='animalspinners']Disappointed with the Botcon 2012 box set this year:

Shattered Glass:
Evil Ultra Magnus
Evil Tracks
Heroic Soundwave
Heroic Treadshot

Classics:
Overlord (Listed as Gigatron in the Brochure.)
Metalhawk

I'm kind of getting sick of Shattered Glass, and I'm extremely disappointed to see Overlord show up here... he deserves far more than getting relegated to repaint / new head only status. He definitely deserves a brand new figure and chances are, he's going to be a deluxe, which is even more disappointing.

Ultra Magnus looks to be a repaint of RtS Laser Prime and Soundwave looks to be a repaint of the Ratchet / Ironhide classics mold... two molds I really don't much care for to begin with.

Judging by the sound of it, the rest of the stand alone figures will be Ultra Magnus's crew (since the announcement mentioned a crew and only two figs are present here) among other assorted fan favorites. I don't know, this doesn't seem worth the $400 or so to me this year. I initially liked Shattered Glass as a one off but now it seems like they are running the concept into the ground. This set seems more lazy and more of a cash grab than earlier years.

In awesome news, BBTS is getting a restock of Warbot Defender -- its pricey at $108 but thats far cheaper than the going rate on eBay.[/QUOTE]

how are you seeing what the figs look like for the Botcon set?

[quote name='jbz']how are you seeing what the figs look like for the Botcon set?[/QUOTE]

They have illustrations of two of them on the Botcon website and forum members at TFW2005 and elsewhere have already pinned the molds down. Also, considering all of the molds the club is using this year are Classics / Generations / RtS molds, it wasn't too difficult to guess.

And obviously SG Tracks is just Reveal the Shield Tracks.

The big rumor is that Overlord will end up as a repainted Silverbolt, due to Silverbolt being one of the few non deluxe Transformers and part of Overlord being a plane as well as his original figure being large. To that, I say ugh, no thanks.

The other rumors are Treadshot is Warpath and MetalHawk is a seeker or Cyclonus (with a new head in either case.)

They start the reveals tomorrow, at any rate. Someone mentioned that the attendee exclusive is Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime which is just... ridiculous, haha. So an evil version of Optimus Prime who is now good because this is the Shattered Glass continuity? Wouldn't that just make him Optimus Prime? I really think making an SG Nemesis Prime is going a little too far.

[quote name='animalspinners']They have illustrations of two of them on the Botcon website and forum members at TFW2005 and elsewhere have already pinned the molds down. Also, considering all of the molds the club is using this year are Classics / Generations / RtS molds, it wasn't too difficult to guess.

And obviously SG Tracks is just Reveal the Shield Tracks.

The big rumor is that Overlord will end up as a repainted Silverbolt, due to Silverbolt being one of the few non deluxe Transformers and part of Overlord being a plane as well as his original figure being large. To that, I say ugh, no thanks.

The other rumors are Treadshot is Warpath and MetalHawk is a seeker or Cyclonus (with a new head in either case.)

They start the reveals tomorrow, at any rate. Someone mentioned that the attendee exclusive is Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime which is just... ridiculous, haha. So an evil version of Optimus Prime who is now good because this is the Shattered Glass continuity? Wouldn't that just make him Optimus Prime? I really think making an SG Nemesis Prime is going a little too far.[/QUOTE]

LOL, evil, but good SG Nemesis Prime! Brilliant! :applause:

That Overlord is hilarious.

They are using the old ROTF NESTS Bludgeon mold with a new head... the head doesn't even seem to be a good match, he looks too... young? Cheery?

I don't mind movie molds as much but I know there are a ton of classics guys who aren't too happy that Botcon is using movie molds at all as the aesthetics don't really match... and this is supposed to be Classics Overlord.

The colors are awesome but for a $400 + Botcon set you gotta expect way more then a mediocre mold.

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/Botcon-Overlord-Bludgeon_1325001354.jpg

This is just... ugh. Its time for a third party to make a real Overlord.

This is the figure they are attempting to emulate with this mold:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/5/5e/Overlord.jpg/300px-Overlord.jpg

And why the swords? To my knowledge Overlord has never used swords before.

To cap it all off, the Bludgeon mold has been to be a bit fragile, and I've seen numerous reports of it breaking for people under regular circumstances. Mine has never broke but I've heard of it. If your Botcon mold breaks, you are pretty much out of luck.

I know I'm done on this set and I'm generally someone who likes Botcon / TFCC.. I was excited when I heard they had the rights to use the Classics mold but so far, I'm disappointed. I would have loved if they had an RID set this year that I heard was rumored, to go along with the Side Burn they had in 2010.

I absolutely love the Bludgeon mold, but that is a horrible choice for Overlord. Sadly it's probably the closest/only thing we'll get, too.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I absolutely love the Bludgeon mold, but that is a horrible choice for Overlord. Sadly it's probably the closest/only thing we'll get, too.[/QUOTE]

Nah, eventually some third party will do it, and I bet it'll be sooner rather than later in order to capitalize on this failed TFCC attempt. Striking while the iron is hot and all that.

It'll be pricey, but then again, so is this one and its horrible.

I think MetalHawk should come out alright and I'll probably buy him separate and skip all the rest of them -- this will probably be the only time we get a figure of him. I just think Overlord is too much of a fan favorite for the third party world to leave him alone for long.

really wish 3rd party stuff was cheaper. I really really really want a lot of the it (Protector, the combaticons, both Devestator's) but cannot justify the prices :(

Maybe once I have a real, decent paying job (doing contractor work now, yay!) I can swing it, heh.

yeah, I dig the 3rd party stuff but the prices hurt. a lot.

on a similar note, I have question for you all. I bought a MP Starscream (ghost version) from TFSource. It was supposed to be a C-9 rate box, but when I got it one of the corners was smashed up pretty good. I emailed TFSource and showed them pics and they apologized and offered me 3 options:

1) return for a new replacement one in a true C-9 box (i'm not sure who covers shipping here, they said to contact them again and they'll send me return instructions)

2) $10 refund

3) $20 store credit

The toy itself is in perfect condition, it's just the box. I am very tempted to get the $20 store credit so I can scoop up a 3rd party piece for a discounted price. But a part of me wants the box to be in better shape in case I want to sell it later. I guess if TFSource makes me pay for shipping again I'll take the $20 credit. What would you guys do?

[quote name='jbz']What would you guys do?[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how I will prolly never sell any of my stuff (though once I'm dead hopefully my kids can make a pretty penny on it all) I'd take the $20.00. As long as the fig itself is unharmed, it would bother me, but not so much as to swap out instead of take $20.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Seeing as how I will prolly never sell any of my stuff (though once I'm dead hopefully my kids can make a pretty penny on it all) I'd take the $20.00. As long as the fig itself is unharmed, it would bother me, but not so much as to swap out instead of take $20.[/QUOTE]
I agree with him! Take the $20!

[quote name='slowdive21']I saw Kreo? (look like lego type blocks) Starscream on clearance at Target today.[/QUOTE]

At what store location?

Anyone still have masterpiece rodimus in stock at their toys r us? Mine never received them. Or they were scalped immediately. I'd love to have one. Ill pay shipping etc if anyone's willing to help. I also see that they have sale of b2g1. Maybe purchase two, get 1 free and sell to defer costs? Just a thought.

[quote name='jbz']
I was also looking at the iGear version of the Seekers. Anyone familiar with the quality of these customs and if they're worth it?[/quote]

I don't have them, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. I don't think I've read a single complaint about quality, and even those who were iffy with iGear in the past said that they really nailed these.

Just returned from a trip to Florida, with newly acquired HA Roadbuster, Leadfoot, and Dragstrip, a couple of Sweeps, and a bunch of cheap Kre-O sets (thank you Amazon).

bread's done
Back