10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I said it awhile ago but Hasbro Toy Shop made the move to sell cases with all other lines, and I expected it to happen with Transformers for awhile.

Pulling all the deluxes and just offering cases now has pretty much sealed that deal. I doubt we'll be able to get much use out of HTS in the future.

Looks like its just BBTS for me. I'll pay a bit more but save in gas / time / sanity.

I'm taking my chances getting Cyberverse figures at retail because, even with some figures being one to a case, most of the scalpers / other collectors in my area just ignore them. The resale value on them isn't too great, as most people collect deluxes and higher, and at least here you can get like two or three cases on the pegs as opposed to just one case of deluxes.

Its a shame they don't get more love, they are pretty awesome. Worth the $5 or so they cost.

My local TRU had 6 Bumblebees and 1 Cliffjumper last night. Picked up Cliffjumper because I had a 20% off a single toy coupon that expired yesterday. They had Cyberverse Ratchet and Arcee among the Bumblebees, but I passed so the coupon wouldn't get applied to one of the cheaper items.

BTW, I don't know if this was mentioned, but the GI Joe club also got hacked. It is the same guy that runs both clubs. I did get a fraudulent charge on my card too.

[quote name='Bloomy']My local TRU had 6 Bumblebees and 1 Cliffjumper last night. Picked up Cliffjumper because I had a 20% off a single toy coupon that expired yesterday. They had Cyberverse Ratchet and Arcee among the Bumblebees, but I passed so the coupon wouldn't get applied to one of the cheaper items.[/QUOTE]

I'd go grab Arcee if you were interested... she is one to a case on every case packout (some waves have two Ratchets, or two Vehicons, but Arcee is always by herself.)

Arcee is the one I'm struggling to find currently. I definitely recommend Ratchet if you're into Cyberverse figures, the new weapons they added to the figures are pretty great.

I like how Cyberverse gets an upgrade while every other size class got a downgrade, haha.

[quote name='Bloomy']My local TRU had 6 Bumblebees and 1 Cliffjumper last night. Picked up Cliffjumper because I had a 20% off a single toy coupon that expired yesterday. They had Cyberverse Ratchet and Arcee among the Bumblebees, but I passed so the coupon wouldn't get applied to one of the cheaper items.[/QUOTE]

TRU coupons automatically get applied to the highest price item you have when checking out. You don't have to worry about any lower priced items getting the discount by mistake.

Also, my TRU started getting cases with Prime voyager Megatrons coming two to a case now.

[quote name='animalspinners']I'd go grab Arcee if you were interested... she is one to a case on every case packout (some waves have two Ratchets, or two Vehicons, but Arcee is always by herself.)[/QUOTE]

Traveling this weekend, directly from work, so it will probably be gone by the time I get to check again. But I will definitely pick her up if I see her again.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU coupons automatically get applied to the highest price item you have when checking out. You don't have to worry about any lower priced items getting the discount by mistake.[/QUOTE]

I just assumed any retailer would apply it in the way that favors them the most. Pleasant surprise there.

Picked up all 4 Cyberverse commanders. Was shocked that they were 10 bucks (walmart) for glorified "basic" class figs, but really solid otherwise. Megatron has a great bot mode, but the alt mode is pretty meh. Prime, Bulkhead, and Starscream on the other hand are all great little figures, and I highly recommend them.

TFSource selling Entertainment Pack for Tranformers Prime featuring Starscream vs......Bumblebee. Sigh. Would have considered springing for it if it was pretty much any other character.

Also, Terrorcon Cliffjumper images released and he's purple/blue. I know some people are freaking out since the original images showed him red. I think it looks alright actually.

[quote name='jbz']Also, Terrorcon Cliffjumper images released and he's purple/blue. I know some people are freaking out since the original images showed him red. I think it looks alright actually.[/QUOTE]

Prolly overthinking here but I'm hoping it'll be an excuse for Hasbro to bring it stateside. Maybe they felt the previous red w/ purple streaks looked too similar.

I found soundwave at Target for $12.99 today. I also saw bot shots and bought those to play with my son. They are really cute and fun to transform. Anybody else get them?

I wanted to get the bot shots for my boys as well, but every store around me were wiped out. All I found on the pegs was Bumblebee cyberverse.

Well the bot shots are nice, if you find them they should be $3.99 at Target. As I said I got Prime RID soundwave, I also bought Wheeljack and arcee- do you guys think these are good? I left Ratchet, cliffjumper and bumblebee. I like them all I guess but we do have an arcee and wheeljack from other series. Are these different enough to get the same characters again? I will land up getting the whole set I guess LOL My son watches the show, and I sat with him and watched two episodes.

[quote name='mickeyp']Well the bot shots are nice, if you find them they should be $3.99 at Target. As I said I got Prime RID soundwave, I also bought Wheeljack and arcee- do you guys think these are good? I left Ratchet, cliffjumper and bumblebee. I like them all I guess but we do have an arcee and wheeljack from other series. Are these different enough to get the same characters again? I will land up getting the whole set I guess LOL My son watches the show, and I sat with him and watched two episodes.[/QUOTE]

Ratchet is hard to find too. IMO, these figures are all different enough to buy again, even if you have Generations or other versions of them.

Found a Prime Soundwave at a TRU in Glendale yesterday. It is by far my favorite figure in this series. His transformation is fun, his model fairly show-accurate, and laserbeak is literally is part of his chest. Very happy with this guy. On the other hand, I also picked up a voyager class Optimus and he just reeks of suck. I was very disappointed to find that although his bot mode is pretty show accurate, his weapons are not (WTF, a light up pile of crap with a button that makes it sort of kinda look like a gun???) and if you try to move his arms at all his chest basically untransforms. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the $ to try and get an FE Optimus?

Yeah, the weapons on these Voyager Prime series are borderline obnoxious. Pics of the Starscream and Bulkhead voyager figs show similar type weapons. Just huge pieces of plastic and LED lights. bleh.

[quote name='jbz']Ratchet is hard to find too. IMO, these figures are all different enough to buy again, even if you have Generations or other versions of them.[/QUO
Why is he hard to find, not many in a box? or is he really good? maybe I should go back, don't really feel like making a trip, but he is a main character.

[quote name='mickeyp'][quote name='jbz']Ratchet is hard to find too. IMO, these figures are all different enough to buy again, even if you have Generations or other versions of them.[/QUOTE]
Why is he hard to find, not many in a box? or is he really good? maybe I should go back, don't really feel like making a trip, but he is a main character.[/QUOTE]

I believe he's 1 to a case, similar to how Soundwave was/is. I think animalspinner posted that above somewhere. But maybe not :lol:

[quote name='jbz']I believe he's 1 to a case, similar to how Soundwave was/is. I think animalspinner posted that above somewhere. But maybe not :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yea, Ratchet, Arcee and Soundwave are one to a case in every wave.

Megatron goes up to two per case in Wave 2 of the voyagers, which is just Optimus x 2 and Megatron x 2.

When the Vehicon comes out in Wave 3, he is also one to a case.

If anyone sees a spare Ratchet when they are hunting and wants to help me out, let me know! The shelves here have nothing but Bumblebee. I doubt I will ever, ever see a Ratchet / Arcee on the pegs, because other than the Soundwave I got before the line launched, I've never yet seen one of those either.

Well I did pick up arcee I have a lot of stores near me so hopefully they will get more shipments in. I already saw soundwave twice and returned one and still saw that one the next day. Makes no sense to not have more characters in the box.

[quote name='mickeyp']Makes no sense to not have more characters in the box.[/QUOTE]

This is the official words from Hasbro:

1) Kids love Bumblebee, which is why they pack so many in. Three Bumblebees in wave 1, three in Wave 2. According to Hasbro, he's far and away kids favorite character, they can't get enough of him.

2) Kids don't like Decepticons. This is why they are always short packed.

3) Kids don't buy female figures. This is why they are always short packed or just simply not made if toy companies can avoid it.

Who knows how true that all is, but its what Hasbro keeps saying. As a kid, I wanted villains to fight against my heroes and I didn't want 10 variations on the same figure. I imagine most kids now are just fighting Bumblebees against each other.

I doubt I would have been a fan of Transformers during the 80s (and remained one to this day) if there was nothing but one character ad-nauseum like with Bumblebee. We had a ton of characters, a ton of choices and a nice ratio of good to bad guys. Everyone had a different favorite it seems.

These days, you only get a handful of characters to choose from with the emphasis on, in my opinion, one of the weaker characters in the series. I wasn't a fan of Bumblebee in the 80s, I'm certainly not one now.

[quote name='animalspinners']
1) Kids love Bumblebee, which is why they pack so many in. Three Bumblebees in wave 1, three in Wave 2. According to Hasbro, he's far and away kids favorite character, they can't get enough of him.
[/QUOTE]

It's true - the kid market is still far bigger than the collector market.

One piece of anecdotal evidence - when Amazon was running deep discounts on KREO sets around Christmas time, the only set that was sold out prior (and thus was selling for above retail price) was Bumblebee.

[quote name='animalspinners']This is the official words from Hasbro:

2) Kids don't like Decepticons. This is why they are always short packed.

3) Kids don't buy female figures. This is why they are always short packed or just simply not made if toy companies can avoid it.

Who knows how true that all is, but its what Hasbro keeps saying. As a kid, I wanted villains to fight against my heroes and I didn't want 10 variations on the same figure. I imagine most kids now are just fighting Bumblebees against each other.

I doubt I would have been a fan of Transformers during the 80s (and remained one to this day) if there was nothing but one character ad-nauseum like with Bumblebee. We had a ton of characters, a ton of choices and a nice ratio of good to bad guys. Everyone had a different favorite it seems.

These days, you only get a handful of characters to choose from with the emphasis on, in my opinion, one of the weaker characters in the series. I wasn't a fan of Bumblebee in the 80s, I'm certainly not one now.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is collectors buy female and minority characters in hopes that they will be worth more in the long run. (like the old series of figures).

Hasbro has it figured out. I wish they were better organized internally though...Or made exclusives actual exclusives instead of selling them on their website.

[quote name='animalspinners']Yea, Ratchet, Arcee and Soundwave are one to a case in every wave.

Megatron goes up to two per case in Wave 2 of the voyagers, which is just Optimus x 2 and Megatron x 2.

When the Vehicon comes out in Wave 3, he is also one to a case.

If anyone sees a spare Ratchet when they are hunting and wants to help me out, let me know! The shelves here have nothing but Bumblebee. I doubt I will ever, ever see a Ratchet / Arcee on the pegs, because other than the Soundwave I got before the line launched, I've never yet seen one of those either.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I went to my TRU last week and there was 6 Bumblebees sitting there and nothing else :cry: But these things are selling. Both my Walmart and Target had empty pegs and just the tags/prices where they once were.

Hasbro is right in a way.

Kids do love Bumblebee. Odds are if a kid under ten is with a parent in the Transformers aisle, they'll be talking about Bumblebee.

However, they're also wrong.

Kids do not love Bumblebee this much.

I was at Toys R Us today. There were 27 FE Bumblebees and 1 Arcee. There were 29 Leader Bumblebees and 1 Sentinel Prime. There were 4 PRiD Bumblebees and no other PRiD figures.

Where are all these Bumblebees going to go? People are obviously not buying them, and if you haven't bought DOTM Leader Bee by now, you're probably not going to.

Hasbro is playing retailers. On the one hand, retailers ask for Bumblebee because most of them have no idea about the product they are selling, and they only know Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. They will then request them. Hasbro is only too happy to comply.

But Hasbro is also counting on collectors, fans, and scalpers to buy up the one-per-case unfortunates. The idea is that the retailer then has to order another case to sate demand.

The only problem is that many of them won't because there are Bumblebees everywhere. In Canada, we never got past Wave 1 of DOTM Human Alliance because all those Bumblebees and Skids nobody wanted sat there. Nothing new ever got ordered. Customers and retailers got screwed. Hasbro screwed themselves: they lost out on all the product they could have moved.

This is happening and will continue to happen with PRiD. Retailers will order some, but will they really continue ordering new cases? I doubt it. Most of them have no idea about the product. They literally do not understand when customers say they have the item, but not the right one. Most people who work in retail have no idea about case assortments, shortpacking, or different figures with the same stock ID. Bringing these requests to store employees does not get translated into orders. They get forgotten or dismissed as mistaken/deranged/weird customers. I have talked to people who only work in toy departments and have no idea what I am talking about.

Hasbro can play this game for a little while, but it's not going to end well. They'd sell far more with balanced cases that actually tracked demand. Stores will order more if they can't see any product or if their computer system says that they're out, and that will happen much more often if the cases are balanced.

They are also at risk of alienating everyone.

Today I managed to get Soundwave and Wheeljack. But rather than feeling really good about it, I realized I'm going to have to do the same thing all over again for Arcee and Ratchet.

My favorite online retailer no longer stocks Hasbro crap. They couldn't deal with the leftovers. Their customers only wanted the shortpacked figures, which left them with tons of Bumblebees, Primes and Mindsets that they practically had to give away.

The current situation is starting to remind me of things like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". It was really popular for awhile. So popular that the network put it on every night and back-to-back. After all, if some is good, more must be better, right?

Except people got tired of it. There's only so much you can take before you've had enough of the same thing. Hasbro's response to customers right now seems to be to churn out Primes and Bumblebees until everyone chokes. But then what? How long can you count on that as a strategy?

For those TRU Reward members, I just got an emailed coupon for 25% all Transformers figures, one time use. Starting tomorrow. This might make the mark up at my TRU bearable. Might. It still doesn't scare away the hoarders.

[quote name='jbz']For those TRU Reward members, I just got an emailed coupon for 25% all Transformers figures, one time use. Starting tomorrow. This might make the mark up at my TRU bearable. Might. It still doesn't scare away the hoarders.[/QUOTE]

I got one of those as well.

Last night my local TRU just had 3-4 Bumblebees and a couple Cyberverse Bees. Target had 14 Bees and 3 Cliffjumpers.

If anyone's looking for an Ultimate Optimus Prime, I saw one red tag clearanced for $40 at a Walmart Super Center over the weekend. I think Walmart's clearances are YMMV, so take that for what it's worth. It had been marked down to $59.99 before clearance. Movie Voyagers were red tagged at $15.

[quote name='blandstalker']

Hasbro can play this game for a little while, but it's not going to end well. They'd sell far more with balanced cases that actually tracked demand. Stores will order more if they can't see any product or if their computer system says that they're out, and that will happen much more often if the cases are balanced.
[/QUOTE]

What I don't get is that it already hasn't ended well for Hasbro.

With Marvel Universe, they packed as many Iron Mans, Spider-Mans and Wolverines into their waves as they could. Kids like them, but kids don't like them to *keep buying them repeatedly*. Collectors don't want that many. Most stores sat on them, which led to stores dropping the line entirely and not being able to move what they move.

Hasbro learned their lesson -- none of the 2012 single packed figures include Iron Man or Wolverine. The only comic two pack that features Iron Man packs him with a highly in-demand character. Spider-Man still appears but its only the variations collectors have asked for and then in only one wave.

They brought back Marvel Legends and did every figure one to a case, Iron Man gets two to a case. That's a fair distribution in my eyes.

Ask any G.I Joe fan about Arctic Destro. Hasbro packed G.I Joe cases with so many damn Arctic Destros that almost *TWO YEARS LATER* I can still find them on the shelves at Target.

Hasbro learned their lesson -- future G.I Joe cases have everyone at one to a case and the troop builders are two to a case, as it should be as they sell quicker.

I know Star Wars had a big problem with Hasbro doing uneven case ratios too -- as of 2012, they are doing case ratios where every figure is even.

It is *only* with Transformers now that they focus on one character exclusively and keep flooding the pegs with him. Three Bumblebees in Wave 1, fine. Why three in Wave 2? Why another one in Wave 3??

My local Target has six Bumblebees for Deluxes and nothing but Cyberverse Bumblebee. According to other people in my area, every single store in Tampa has nothing but Bumblebees with the occasional Wheeljack and Cliffjumper. I'm talking 30 + stores.

Unfortunately, it's going to take stores to stop ordering Transformers and pulling it from the shelf before Hasbro learns. And they will, now that there is no movie tie-in. If Hasbro keeps this up, we will see stores dropping the line by the end of the year. I don't get why they stopped making these mistakes with every other line but continue to do so here.

Hasbro should ask Mattel how well it went with the He-Man 200X line, where Mattel did five He-Mans to a case and one secondary character. It didn't end well.

Human Alliance Leadfoot is down to $15 clearance at some Targets.

Here was my experience:

A guy lasted night posted on TFW that a local store had 10 for $15.

I call the store at 8 a.m. Employee says they have more than 10, but can't hold one because of company policy. I say okay, you got plenty, I'll go on my lunch break.

I call back at 12:30 to confirm they are still there. "Sorry man, some guy came in and bought every single one a few hours ago, we have no more left. This happens often, I'm sorry."

Seriously, wtf. I just pre-ordered everything Transformers Prime on BBTS, done with retail for good.

[quote name='animalspinners']What I don't get is that it already hasn't ended well for Hasbro.

With Marvel Universe, they packed as many Iron Mans, Spider-Mans and Wolverines into their waves as they could. Kids like them, but kids don't like them to *keep buying them repeatedly*. Collectors don't want that many. Most stores sat on them, which led to stores dropping the line entirely and not being able to move what they move.

Hasbro learned their lesson -- none of the 2012 single packed figures include Iron Man or Wolverine. The only comic two pack that features Iron Man packs him with a highly in-demand character. Spider-Man still appears but its only the variations collectors have asked for and then in only one wave.

They brought back Marvel Legends and did every figure one to a case, Iron Man gets two to a case. That's a fair distribution in my eyes.

Ask any G.I Joe fan about Arctic Destro. Hasbro packed G.I Joe cases with so many damn Arctic Destros that almost *TWO YEARS LATER* I can still find them on the shelves at Target.

Hasbro learned their lesson -- future G.I Joe cases have everyone at one to a case and the troop builders are two to a case, as it should be as they sell quicker.
[/QUOTE]

Do NOT get me started on the half-assed Marvel Universe distribution... even with the better case assortments, Hasbro has pissed off enough retailers that a lot of stores don't regularly stock/carry them so you miss waves at a time. Outside of Toys R Us I haven't seen GI Joe figures since the first wave of Renegades stuff too. I bought one Arctic Destro... I've probably seen 50 pegwarming.

[quote name='animalspinners']Human Alliance Leadfoot is down to $15 clearance at some Targets.

Here was my experience:

A guy lasted night posted on TFW that a local store had 10 for $15.

I call the store at 8 a.m. Employee says they have more than 10, but can't hold one because of company policy. I say okay, you got plenty, I'll go on my lunch break.

I call back at 12:30 to confirm they are still there. "Sorry man, some guy came in and bought every single one a few hours ago, we have no more left. This happens often, I'm sorry."

Seriously, wtf. I just pre-ordered everything Transformers Prime on BBTS, done with retail for good.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering preordering the Bulkhead/Starscream Voyager set on BBTS. But part of me in some twisted way likes the thrill of the hunt LOL. Even though I get screwed out of things more often than I win.

[quote name='georox']Do NOT get me started on the half-assed Marvel Universe distribution... even with the better case assortments, Hasbro has pissed off enough retailers that a lot of stores don't regularly stock/carry them so you miss waves at a time. Outside of Toys R Us I haven't seen GI Joe figures since the first wave of Renegades stuff too. I bought one Arctic Destro... I've probably seen 50 pegwarming.[/QUOTE]

You think Marvel Universe is bad? Try Marvel Legends.

7 figures per wave, but in Wave 2, the variants are *completely new figures.* To make matters worse, stores either get a regular case or a variants case and it seems like entire regions get one or the other, but never both.

So now distribution screws you out of completely new characters!

[quote name='Bloomy']I got one of those as well.

Last night my local TRU just had 3-4 Bumblebees and a couple Cyberverse Bees. Target had 14 Bees and 3 Cliffjumpers.

If anyone's looking for an Ultimate Optimus Prime, I saw one red tag clearanced for $40 at a Walmart Super Center over the weekend. I think Walmart's clearances are YMMV, so take that for what it's worth. It had been marked down to $59.99 before clearance. Movie Voyagers were red tagged at $15.[/QUOTE]

Stopped in to my TRU and they had 7 Deluxe Bees for Prime. They did have all of the Cyberverse guys, so I picked up one of each for my kids. Was going to hold out using the coupon to see if I could score a Ratchet/Arcee, but didn't want to chance it.

In other news, I ended up buying a Masterpiece Skywarp (the US Walmart exclusive one) on Ebay. I'm a fan of the seekers and I regret passing him up @ Walmart a while back when I saw him on the shelves. $57 total. Anyone remember how much these guys sold for at retail?

[quote name='jbz']I'm considering preordering the Bulkhead/Starscream Voyager set on BBTS. But part of me in some twisted way likes the thrill of the hunt LOL. Even though I get screwed out of things more often than I win.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I like the hunt also! I went to 2 Targets, 1 Walmart, and one TRU today. The first Target had Megatron voyager so I bought him. They had maybe 10 bumblebees. They checked in the back for any other deluxes no luck. Walmart had nothing at all in the series. Then I went to TRU they had a 6 bumbleebees and a cliffjumper. I asked if they had anymore in the back, they checked in the computer and they had a box, they brought it up, it was the wave with one soundwave, 3 bumblebee, 2 wheeljacks and 2 cliffjumpers. So I left. Went to another Target they had so many bumblebees, I asked this guy if he can check on his scanner if they had anymore in the back, and he said they have a box. He came back with the box and Ratchet was in it!! I thanked him so much for checking. Oh, I also saw Leadfoot at Target for $20, did not buy him though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jbz']In other news, I ended up buying a Masterpiece Skywarp (the US Walmart exclusive one) on Ebay. I'm a fan of the seekers and I regret passing him up @ Walmart a while back when I saw him on the shelves. $57 total. Anyone remember how much these guys sold for at retail?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, MSRP was $60. They eventually went on clearance, with I believe $15 being the lowest price mentioned in this thread (searching the thread for Skywarp doesn't return hits from late '09-early '10, and I don't feel like hunting page by page). I saw one for $30 at one of my local Walmarts, but held out for the lower price (I already had 1 or 2), but someone else must've bought it.

$60 MSRP eh? That makes me feel better paying what I did :) I remember seeing it the "Clearance" section to at my Walmart, but when I scanned it, it was a lot more than $30. My wife gave me that look and I put it back, LOL. Couldn't remember the price, though $60 sounds about right.

[quote name='mickeyp']Hi, I like the hunt also! I went to 2 Targets, 1 Walmart, and one TRU today. The first Target had Megatron voyager so I bought him. They had maybe 10 bumblebees. They checked in the back for any other deluxes no luck. Walmart had nothing at all in the series. Then I went to TRU they had a 6 bumbleebees and a cliffjumper. I asked if they had anymore in the back, they checked in the computer and they had a box, they brought it up, it was the wave with one soundwave, 3 bumblebee, 2 wheeljacks and 2 cliffjumpers. So I left. Went to another Target they had so many bumblebees, I asked this guy if he can check on his scanner if they had anymore in the back, and he said they have a box. He came back with the box and Ratchet was in it!! I thanked him so much for checking. Oh, I also saw Leadfoot at Target for $20, did not buy him though.[/QUOTE]

nice job! I am planning on going Ratchet hunting soon. My Target by me is completely out of stock of all thing Prime related. I anticipate a new shipment/stock soon.

I went to McDonalds today and there were Transformers Prime toys in the Happy Meals.

Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, a Green Hummer, a couple of other autobots, and 3 decepticons.

I only know g1 transformers, so I am not sure who they are.

[quote name='jbz']$60 MSRP eh? That makes me feel better paying what I did :) I remember seeing it the "Clearance" section to at my Walmart, but when I scanned it, it was a lot more than $30. My wife gave me that look and I put it back, LOL. Couldn't remember the price, though $60 sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really strange distribution with MP figs. I never once saw Screamer in stores, and had to buy from Ebay. So when Skywarp came out I was kinda freaking out. Then I went to Walmart and they had an entire pallet of at least 50 of them just sitting out in the middle of the toy department. Grimlock seemed hit or miss: My TRU had 2-3 almost every time I went there for a long, long time. Other people I know never saw one in their stores. Same for Rodimus. Hard to find for the first couple weeks, then were fairly common around me. Others have never seen one in store.

Looks like I also got bit by whoever compromised TFCC, but hopefully put a stop to it before anything could happen. My bank sent a couple e-mails this morning about irregular debut card activity, and when I called, there was a $1 pending charge from Google. That hadn't shown up in my online transactions yet, but there were 2 other legit charges I was questioned about. Card cancelled, new one issued.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Yeah, really strange distribution with MP figs. I never once saw Screamer in stores, and had to buy from Ebay. So when Skywarp came out I was kinda freaking out. Then I went to Walmart and they had an entire pallet of at least 50 of them just sitting out in the middle of the toy department. Grimlock seemed hit or miss: My TRU had 2-3 almost every time I went there for a long, long time. Other people I know never saw one in their stores. Same for Rodimus. Hard to find for the first couple weeks, then were fairly common around me. Others have never seen one in store.[/QUOTE]

I never saw Starscream in stores, either, and I went to something like 8 Wal-Marts over Orange and San Diego counties. Worst unsuccessful attempt ever. Fortunately the trips were organized around places I had to go anyway, but still wasted gas, time, and the disheartening experience of going to Wal-Mart over and over and over.

I saw plenty of Skywarps, but never as low as $15. I think $30 was the lowest I ever saw. I ended ordering it from Walmart.com when it was $40 or so.

I think TRU plays favorites with its stores. My local TRU seems to get everything, and usually at least twice in different shipments. Others are not nearly so fortunate.

[quote name='Bloomy']It's actually 4 Autobots (Prime, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Ratchet) and 4 Decepticons (Megatron, Starscream, Breakdown and Knockout). From the web site, they're non-transforming vehicles with pop-out / firing weapon gimmicks.

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html#/Toys[/QUOTE]

Wow they are finally putting the happy meal toys online! I guess my letters to corporate/comments at shareholder meetings finally paid off. :applause:

[quote name='jbz']I'm considering preordering the Bulkhead/Starscream Voyager set on BBTS. But part of me in some twisted way likes the thrill of the hunt LOL. Even though I get screwed out of things more often than I win.[/QUOTE]

I gave up on the hunt today -- hit two TRUs that seem to not have any figures from any line that aren't months old. And Bumblebee.

Came home, pre-ordered every Prime fig on BBTS that I didn't find / that was upcoming. Screw you local retailers.

I still haven't seen any Cyberverse Commanders at all locally. Now it doesn't matter!

Gas is way too high to be screwing around with this stuff anymore and I'm sick of feeling like this hobby is more about wasting time and gas money than enjoying figures.

Those voyagers on BBTS are expensive but I guarantee I'll spend the $20 difference on gas just looking for them considering the only stores worth checking are about 15 miles away. I did the math earlier and I'm actually saving money because there's no guarantee I'll get what I want at the store, while it's a lock online.

bread's done
Back