10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dv8mad']My wife was awesome enough to preorder A Prime Prime for me since she saw something in a flyer about him coming with a bonus Micron Arms robot with preorders.
He just came today. Very nice!

100_2497.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:applause: you got a cool wife!

[quote name='slowdive21']Nope it is the "play saver" hasbro insert. Read through it and I don't see anything specific about target or target logos.

Here you go! Only click the link if you are ready to print the coupon!!!!

http://www.hasbro.com/discover/Play-Saver.cfm[/QUOTE]Is this stackable? I want to pick up the Optimus Prime and Megatron Voyager before I go on vacation.

BBTS having a sale on most 3rd party stuff. If you were eyeing out TFC Hercules, they are selling 2 out of the set right now for $75 each. That's 25% off.

Spotted a bunch of Prime Soundwave, Wheeljack, and Cliffjumper figures at the TRU in Manchester, CT. There were 2-3 of each one too. $15/each though? Screw that.

[quote name='def PD']Spotted a bunch of Prime Soundwave, Wheeljack, and Cliffjumper figures at the TRU in Manchester, CT. There were 2-3 of each one too. $15/each though? Screw that.[/QUOTE]

TRU will have a BOGO 50% on all deluxe figures Friday and Saturday.

[quote name='jbz']BBTS having a sale on most 3rd party stuff. If you were eyeing out TFC Hercules, they are selling 2 out of the set right now for $75 each. That's 25% off.[/QUOTE]

A whole ton of third party figures are 25% off -- Joel (who runs BBTS) is clearing out overstock. Many assume it was because Hasbro was bringing the hammer down on BBTS but that isn't the case.

I bought...far, far too much. There are some amazing deals there, like Battle Tanker for $75, the FP Insecticons for $38 a piece and the aforementioned Hercules limbs at $75.

Sadly, Scouting Force X and Flameblast sold out by the time I got to the sale! A lot of other stuff is starting to sell out rapidly as well, Battle Tanker isn't going to last more than two or so days at this rate, and a lot of Perfect Effect stuff has sold out.

This sale came at the wrong time for me, as I started focusing on filling major holes in my collection :lol: I finally broke down and bought Classics Magnus and Nemesis Prime off eBay and got them today (this is my first time with the mold, they are amazing figures, will be much better in the armor though!) and just scored a great deal on ROTF Bruticus. Currently my FP Bruticus is made up of a bunch of weird colored limbs like TFCC Heatwave and Gunbarrel... I don't even display him combined because he looks so weird.

In other news, Prime Commander Class Ironhide and Dreadwing are available at BBTS which means retail stores should start stocking them in a few weeks. I gotta imagine Deluxe Wave 3 won't be far behind, so the hunt for people who don't shop online will be starting once again. I wish you all good luck!

ETA: Actually, rumor has it that Hasbro is in the process of bringing down the hammer on third party products, and that Botcon was just the beginning. They already slammed one small seller with a cease and desist... it'll be interesting (and sad) to see where this goes. It gives the rumor that BBTS is blowing stuff out in preparation of this much more likely, because once they get the C&D they have to stop selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasbro needs to see the quality these 3rd parties are bringing and step up their game :)

Nice grab on the Classics Magnus. I was eyeing out the set with him and Skywarp forever and just couldn't drop that much cash for it. It was my birthday recently so I treated myself to the 3 FP Insecticons. Will probably regret not jumping on the Hercules parts while the going was good.

I might just do what you did spinner and buy these Prime figures all online. I have yet to see a Ratchet so the likelihood of me finding these other guys are probably just as bad.

I don't know if it was ever mentioned here but Transformers Prime Season 1 is available in HD on Netflix. On top of that, it was also just announced that later Hasbro will be putting G1, Beast Wars and Rescue Bots on Netflix as well, along with Transformers Prime Season 2 when the season finishes airing.

They've also got G.I Joe: Renegades, MLP and Pound Puppies up right now and will be bringing the original G.I Joe and JEM later as well.

Pretty great stuff, hopefully Hasbro just keeps pumping all their old shows onto Netflix.

So how much are these little commander-level figs supposed to sell for on average? TRU had Bulkhead, Op, Megs and Starscream for $11.99. I grabbed Bulkhead, but I forgot about that $4 off coupon--gotta run it back tomorrow to get some cash back. Ugh.
In other news, my local Targets are useless. 12 Deluxe 'bees on all the pegs, and zero commanders. Clearly they do not have a knowledgeable buyers. The thing that grinds my gears more though is that TRU ran that B1G50% ad for figures this weekend--and who's the lone figure they use to illustrate it? Arcee.
Bastards!

[quote name='Watchman']So how much are these little commander-level figs supposed to sell for on average? TRU had Bulkhead, Op, Megs and Starscream for $11.99.[/QUOTE]

$8 or $9, depending on the store.

The markup is worth it for Bulkhead, he's amazing.

[quote name='animalspinners']$8 or $9, depending on the store.

The markup is worth it for Bulkhead, he's amazing.[/QUOTE]

Well, I got him for $8 all told--but the girl behind the counter said reproductions of the (official, Hasbro-authorized) coupons are being reproduced, and thusly they (I assume she meant the entire TRU chain) would not be accepting coupons in the near future.
Which to me seems ridiculous--if I come in and buy $20 worth of TF's and I split it between two coupons on two separate orders, take the damn things--it's technically not costing TRU anything. Hasbro reimburses them for every one used. (Besides, it's not like TRU is hurting with their 33% markup). On top of this, they themselves offered this very deal in their own flyers in-store. So what the heck? Honor them.

[quote name='Watchman']Well, I got him for $8 all told--but the girl behind the counter said reproductions of the (official, Hasbro-authorized) coupons are being reproduced, and thusly they (I assume she meant the entire TRU chain) would not be accepting coupons in the near future.
Which to me seems ridiculous--if I come in and buy $20 worth of TF's and I split it between two coupons on two separate orders, take the damn things--it's technically not costing TRU anything. Hasbro reimburses them for every one used. (Besides, it's not like TRU is hurting with their 33% markup). On top of this, they themselves offered this very deal in their own flyers in-store. So what the heck? Honor them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, heard the same at mine. She took it at the time, but said it prolly wouldn't work next time. Well, no more shopping at TRU. The coupons brought the prices down to standard retail prices, so I didn't mind the "TRU tax".

Ah well, all I need currently is Arcee and the newest Legends figs that just started cropping up.

[quote name='jbz']Hasbro needs to see the quality these 3rd parties are bringing and step up their game :)[/quote]

If Botcon is any indication, Hasbro has seen the quality and just doesn't want to be shown up anymore.

"Hey guys, look! Fall of Cybertron Bruticus! It looks like Skittles, falls apart if you breathe on it, and is virtually unpainted and looks nothing like our Photoshop mockups! Isn't it great?"
[*]"Wait, where are you going? Put down that Computron prototype! No, don't look at the other Computron prototype. Sir, step away from the Arcee and those Minibots. No, not toward the Sixshot or the Megatron! Here, towards our table of Bumblebees! We have ten new Bumblebees! Aren't you excited?"

I sympathize with Hasbro somewhat, since the third parties are getting more brazen and Hasbro/Takara is finally having their bottom line affected.

On the other hand, Hasbro isn't going to step up their game. The third-party market is not the same as the regular lines. They throw collectors a bone now and then, but they are far too disorganized to address the collector segment.

Which is why the third parties are doing well. I still think the best outcome is to make some sort of licensing deal with them. That way, collectors get their quality G1-inspired items, Hasbro gets a cut, and everyone walks away with something.

The flip side is that Hasbro starts aggressively enforcing their IP and then the third parties start doing their own thing. It will become a game of how close you can get to Hasbro's IP without crossing the line and what third parties can do to make their own new IP desirable.

Hasbro better be careful. They may find that trying to put the third parties back in the bottle may instead make them into full-fledged competition.

[*]FoC Bruticus -- I hope it's great. I really do. Stability is so far unknown.

God dammit Hasbro just hire the 3rd party people for fucks sake. Use them, start your own "collector" line. Same market, same quality, same demand, hell prolly same prices (though this part saddens me :( ) and everyone wins. Granted, 3rd party peeps get a hell of a lot less profit, but it's better than not being able to sell at all! Or as blandstalker mentioned, just license it. You're willing to license out to everyone under the sun (collectable statuettes, posters, backpacks, fucking shampoo bottles!) but not to these guys? Really?

OR

Have the 3rd party peeps become direct competition, as blandstalker mentioned. They'll be even "looser" interpretations of characters (prolly color scheme changes) but still far better figures.

[quote name='blandstalker']If Botcon is any indication, Hasbro has seen the quality and just doesn't want to be shown up anymore. [/quote]

I've heard at the last Botcon, Hasbro was slightly pissed that TFSource's showings of all the new third party figures and prototypes got more attention than their own stuff, which was part of the reason for the ban on third party stuff.

"Hey guys, look! Fall of Cybertron Bruticus! It looks like Skittles, falls apart if you breathe on it, and is virtually unpainted and looks nothing like our Photoshop mockups! Isn't it great?"
[*]

I'm sorry, I was excited for this, but it looks like crap and I definitely agree with you. I finally just dropped the cash on an ROTF Bruticus set (currently my FP Bruticus is using stand in bots) because Hasbro just can't make a combiner work anymore. If they can't do a decent combiner within their budget, just put that budget towards something else and don't try.

"Wait, where are you going? Put down that Computron prototype! No, don't look at the other Computron prototype. Sir, step away from the Arcee and those Minibots. No, not toward the Sixshot or the Megatron! Here, towards our table of Bumblebees! We have ten new Bumblebees! Aren't you excited?"

Speaking of which, did you see the new Deluxe Prime Bumblebee repaint? Shadow Strike Bumblebee, a reversing of the black and yellow colors it seems. So we're up to three uses of the Bumblebee mold in roughly four or five waves, since its assumed he'll show up soon.

I sympathize with Hasbro somewhat, since the third parties are getting more brazen and Hasbro/Takara is finally having their bottom line affected.

Well, I wouldn't know about this. Most collectors I know buy third party but continue to buy Hasbro stuff. If Hasbro put out a good Ultra Magnus and Springer, I'd still buy it despite having City Commander and Warbot, as I imagine many others would. I don't think third parties take any money away from Hasbro/Takara, its just this is money they themselves could be getting if they stepped up to the plate.

On the other hand, Hasbro isn't going to step up their game. The third-party market is not the same as the regular lines. They throw collectors a bone now and then, but they are far too disorganized to address the collector segment.

Mattel does this (directly address the collectors) with an online store and it works out *really* well for them. Third parties only exist because Hasbro refuses to do something similar. I mean, Takara has the Masterpiece line, why can't we get something similar in the US (with better character selection)? People are willing to pay $60 for a Deluxe repaint with a new head at the TFCC, so there is obviously adults who would buy high quality adult collectible Transformers.

The flip side is that Hasbro starts aggressively enforcing their IP and then the third parties start doing their own thing. It will become a game of how close you can get to Hasbro's IP without crossing the line and what third parties can do to make their own new IP desirable.

Hasbro better be careful. They may find that trying to put the third parties back in the bottle may instead make them into full-fledged competition.

Well, third parties will never truly be competition -- collectors will go for them but, let's be honest here, its the kids and casual fans who make up the bulk of sales as Hasbro is reporting increased profits on Transformers at retailers. Most of those fans don't have the slightest idea about third party or shopping online.

As of right now, it was iGear who started this whole thing by ripping off Hasbro's own molds and the other people selling KOs. Hasbro shut down KO Toys and sent a cease and desist letter to a store in the US who was going to offering an iGear Thrust figure as an exclusive. From what that guy said, Hasbro is going on the offensive against the blatant cases and iGear is the one they are going after the most. I've also heard rumors that iGear is rapidly moving away from the Takara molds they somehow got and are going to focus more on their own designs.

If you'll notice on BBTS or TFSource, neither of them offer the straight up mold theft figures like the iGear seekers, which is why Hasbro might turn a blind eye to them for the moment. FansProject is already sort of doing their own thing -- Warcry and Flameblast are pretty unique despite the source material and the Insecticons are as well.

Zmonkay, you really gotta get in one the third party action -- grab a FansProject Insecticon off BBTS while it's cheap! You definitely won't regret it and this is probably the only chance you'll have to get any third party figure this cheap again.

TFsource still sells the Igear seekers on their Ebay site. I'd love to buy the cone heads, but they are still too expensive for me.

I'm pretty sad about the FoC Bruticus. The pics look horrible. I'm trying to love it because Bruticus was one of my fav combiners but it's tough.

I still think the smartest figures are the "upgrade" figs like City Commander, Protector, and Battle Tanker. Awesome homages but they require you to own a Hasbro figure as well.

And yeah, I really do need to start picking up some 3rd party stuff. It's just soooo hard for me to justify the prices. So conflicted, lol :D

I've only got a contract position right now, but once I can snag a real source of income, I'm totally gonna get on that 3rd party stuff (assuming it's still around :( )

Yesterday my son got Prime voyager optimus prime and deluxe cliffjumper and the first edition prime bumblebee. Did deluxe prime arcee come with only one sword? My son saw a pic on the first edition prime bumblebee showing 2 swords?

[quote name='Zmonkay']
And yeah, I really do need to start picking up some 3rd party stuff. It's just soooo hard for me to justify the prices. So conflicted, lol :D
[/QUOTE]

25% off almost all third party TFs at BBTS right now -- you won't find a better deal now or in the future. Its like $36 for one Insecticon, which is a good deal.

That's like three TF Prime deluxes, and believe me, one Insecticon is well worth trading three TF Prime deluxes for imo. You can't go wrong with both Stormbomb or Backfiery.

I get what you're saying about the prices, and yea when its $75 - $100 its tough to get that kind of cash together, but for $36 (down from $52) its worth getting something unique for your collection and something geared towards the adult collector. Stormbomb comes with five weapons including a chained weight!

I mean, there are cheaper third party figures out there, like Sonicron for $20, but for your first third party figure you want to go quality and go for Fansproject. I know you'd definitely enjoy it, so splurge a bit on yourself ;)

Holy crap my son LOVES the Bumblebee Rescue Bot. I think I'm going to have to get him Optimus Prime and maybe another one or two of the lame ones just so he has a bunch to play with (Chase the Police Bot, Blades the Coptor Bot, Heatwave Firebot, etc.). He can do the entire transformation himself and he is having a lot of fun. We tried Transformers Animated figures and he couldn't do them and they ended up getting pulled apart and not played with. These are right in his wheelhouse.

My son opened up First edition prime bumblebee and the right leg keeps coming off, it goes back on but does not seem to snap on. It comes off every time he transforms him. We have many transformers and he is 10 and has been playing with them since he is 3 so that is not the issue, it falls off when I do it. I was going to call Hasbro for a replacement but was curious if this is happening to others as well. It easy to put back on but it does not seem to really snap is this how others have it? My son is unhappy with this one.

[quote name='mickeyp']My son opened up First edition prime bumblebee and the right leg keeps coming off, it goes back on but does not seem to snap on. It comes off every time he transforms him. We have many transformers and he is 10 and has been playing with them since he is 3 so that is not the issue, it falls off when I do it. I was going to call Hasbro for a replacement but was curious if this is happening to others as well. It easy to put back on but it does not seem to really snap is this how others have it? My son is unhappy with this one.[/QUOTE]

I have a similar issue with my FE Arcee. Her left shoulder ball joint doesn't snap all the way into the socket. It looks identical to the right shoulder so I'm not sure what the issue is. Since I don't actually play with mine, it's not a big deal, but if I'd gotten this for my son or daughter to play with, I would seek a replacement. Though, Hasbro would likely send you a RID Bee now if they sent anything.

[quote name='Javery']Holy crap my son LOVES the Bumblebee Rescue Bot. I think I'm going to have to get him Optimus Prime and maybe another one or two of the lame ones just so he has a bunch to play with (Chase the Police Bot, Blades the Coptor Bot, Heatwave Firebot, etc.). He can do the entire transformation himself and he is having a lot of fun. We tried Transformers Animated figures and he couldn't do them and they ended up getting pulled apart and not played with. These are right in his wheelhouse.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my two sons love their Rescue Bots. The transformation is super easy and they don't have the ball joint limbs so nothing breaks apart. I bought them every one. They really like the Boulder one (bulldozer) and Optimus Prime. Blades was hard to find. I haven't seen him in stores locally, but was able to grab him on sale on TRU.com for like $6 or something.

Bought Japanese version of Prime Skywarp. I'm a big Skywarp fan and just had to get this fig regardless. I'm not sure he even makes it to the US so I just jumped on it now. Had some Ebay bucks so came out to be $38 including shipping. Considering that's how much BBTS and TFSource is listing him at before shipping I felt ok paying that much.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are the Hasbro Coupons gone? I was out of ink for the longest time and now that I got some, they seem to be gone on the site. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The play and save coupons that TRU got in expire in 2 or 3 days. If the online coupons have the same expiration date, it could be why they were taken down.

Powerlinks Protectobot set is 48% off on Amazon's clearance section at $12.98. Not my bag (as I like my combiners to all have a robot mode), but hey, maybe a deal for someone else.

Also, really in love with these Commander minis--picked up Starscream today (overpriced as usual at TRU--they seem to be the only ones carrying them right now around me; Target's got gaping holes in their sections at all my locations). Amazing articulation on his legs and even his arms. Makes for some really menacing poses (if you can keep his tiny boot feet to prop him up).

Hey guys, not a deal but a question: I was looking over Reprolabels and saw they have a set of stickers for DOTM TopSpin, but it's a repaint of him in orange with a Burger King logo. Anyone seen this variant anywhere?

That's Roadbuster. Wal-Mart had an exclusive orange recolor. The sticker replacements are quite extensive!

[quote name='Watchman']Also, really in love with these Commander minis--picked up Starscream today. Amazing articulation on his legs and even his arms. Makes for some really menacing poses (if you can keep his tiny boot feet to prop him up).[/QUOTE]

I really like this size class and thought they made some of the best DOTM figures. I got Bulkhead, Starscream, and Optimus yesterday. They were out of Megatron. Which, looking at the case assortment (1 Bulkhead, 1 Starscream, 1 Megatron, 3 Optimus) I guess I'm lucky I got anything except Optimus.

How is Megatron? The robot looks great but that vehicle mode has me scared.

Found my Ratchet today at TRU. Woot. Of course my TRU had is selling for $17 , but the $4 off coupon still worked so I'm content. There was a Soundwave sitting there too, but I already have one. No Arcee.

Anyone know when the Vehicon wave is expected?

animalspinners - a little while back you said your BBTS pile of loot shipped and you were gonna post some pics. Is that still gonna happen? I'd love to see what u got :)

[quote name='jbz']animalspinners - a little while back you said your BBTS pile of loot shipped and you were gonna post some pics. Is that still gonna happen? I'd love to see what u got :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, it'll happen! Right now I'm out of space in my apartment so I've left everything but City Commander in the boxes.

Now they are shipping me another POL of just third party figures, so I gotta figure out what I'm going to do with the first one, lol.

[quote name='blandstalker']That's Roadbuster. Wal-Mart had an exclusive orange recolor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think I want this guy just for the reprolabels, how sick am I?

Question: Anyone else keep their figures' boxes?

G1 (as a kid) threw away the boxes
Beast Wars: Cut the bubble off the cards/collapsed the bigger boxes
Post-Beast Wars: Keep all packaging as intact as possible, including molded inserts

Not that I plan on ever (or at least any time soon) selling, but does this increase the resail value? I open all my figs cuz I like to transform them back and forth, but I store them in big bins (carefully layed in, not just tossed, but still probably not perfect storage). I've got half my parent's attic filled with big cardboard boxes of, well, empty TF boxes...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Question: Anyone else keep their figures' boxes?

G1 (as a kid) threw away the boxes
Beast Wars: Cut the bubble off the cards/collapsed the bigger boxes
Post-Beast Wars: Keep all packaging as intact as possible, including molded inserts

Not that I plan on ever (or at least any time soon) selling, but does this increase the resail value? I open all my figs cuz I like to transform them back and forth, but I store them in big bins (carefully layed in, not just tossed, but still probably not perfect storage). I've got half my parent's attic filled with big cardboard boxes of, well, empty TF boxes...[/QUOTE]

It's kind of a tough thing to determine.

For G1, boxes definitely increase value if the right person comes along for an auction. The G1 boxes were pretty great and there is definitely a market for people displaying their G1 figures in the box, whether the box was opened or not.

Past that, it's hard to say -- the packaging itself for a lot of figures is worthless, as it's mostly just advertisements for other figures. I mean, things like tech specs and instructions do add a little bit of value to a figure, but everyone knows you can just get instructions online.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for a card backing for any figure. I used to keep all the inserts and do the same thing you did until I realized how much space it was taking up for no gain, so I trashed them.

I know that tech specs and bios increase the value if they were made to be saved -- think G.I Joe file cards. But in general, most card backs are just advertisements and no one wants to pay for those.

The big exception to this is third party figures -- having the box and all the inserts do increase the value, since many times the box / instructions have unique artwork or serves as a holder for the pieces you're not using.

Outside of G1 / third party boxes, I don't think there is a huge demand for packaging. I know a lot of people prefer others to ship figures loose and trash the packaging, so that shows how much care people put into it.

Once its out of the package, that's pretty much it in terms of resell value; some people do care about packaging but most people will just go for a figure without packaging when there is a price difference and both figures are used.

[quote name='demonchylde']Thanks! I think I want this guy just for the reprolabels, how sick am I?[/QUOTE]

They were really nice. I hate orange, and I was even digging it.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Question: Anyone else keep their figures' boxes?[/QUOTE]

I keep them for third party toys, masterpiece, and large/expensive figures. I kept the packaging for Ultimate Optimus, ROTF Devastator, and a few others like them.

Like you, I got rid of all the G1 boxes when I was a kid. Never even gave it a thought. I'm glad I did, though. Value notwithstanding, I would have had to store, pack, and lug them all wherever I went, which would have been a major hassle.

I'm preparing for another move, so I may end up trashing all the packaging but the third party stuff. I've got plastic tubs full of instructions, cardbacks, catalogs, and little plastic accessories (most of which I used to know by sight but have now forgotten).

I'm culling some of my collection, so I'll see if what I saved helps. I saved cardbacks for Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and I have stacks of those damned Energon catalog/comics. Most of the lines I'm going to cull from, though, aren't particularly valuable. When they stopped doing tech spec cutouts after RiD, I stopped saving cardbacks at all. Nowadays, I just save instructions and accessories; everything else gets recycled.

Speaking only for myself, extras help. It's one more thing that differentiates your figure from all the other listings and sends the message that you are someone who takes care of your stuff. In the end, though, it may not make much of a difference. But if it makes the difference to that one person who bumps up the bids or buys your item, I won't knock that.

I keep the card backs and instructions for all transformers, I keep voyager boxes(some I may have cut just for the back), leader boxes I keep. I just am like that though, I have my boxes or card backs for every toy that I have. I am never going to sell them either though. I just like to have them. I wish I could have a better method of storing the instructions I keep them in 2 big shoe boxes. My son is running out of flat surfaces for him to put his transformers in his room.

yeah, that's what I was afraid of. If they're not really increasing the worth, I think I'll cut off the bubbles and just keep the cards, and scrap the inserts and just keep the boxes (folded down). I can't quite bring myself to completely throw it all out (slight hoarding/collector instincts, lol) but my parent's are thinking of moving and I definitely don't have room in my place for 20+ boxes of empty TF boxes...

Thanks for all the input guys!

(and mickeyp, while I absolutely love your shelves/display for your son's toys, really the best thing imho is storage bins. I bought a bunch at Menards on sale for like 5 bucks each and I divide my figures up by line/year. Most hold just about a years worth of figs)

I was one of those kids who saved every box so when I first sold all my G1 Transformers, I got a lot of $$$ for them. Of course I cure the day I sold them now as I wish I had them back. But I needed money back then, so I did what I thought I had to do. Now days I toss the card back to the Cyberverse guys. Been keeping the backs/boxes for Deluxe and Voyager. Keep all my 3rd party and Masterpiece boxes.

[quote name='mickeyp']I keep the card backs and instructions for all transformers, I keep voyager boxes(some I may have cut just for the back), leader boxes I keep. I just am like that though, I have my boxes or card backs for every toy that I have. I am never going to sell them either though. I just like to have them. I wish I could have a better method of storing the instructions I keep them in 2 big shoe boxes. My son is running out of flat surfaces for him to put his transformers in his room.[/QUOTE]

Maybe invest in a multi-level curio type display piece? I'm looking to buy a few to show off some of my collection and found a nice 3 level curio with a light fixture inside. The rest go into sealed storage containers and I rotate in/out

[quote name='blandstalker']That's Roadbuster. Wal-Mart had an exclusive orange recolor. The sticker replacements are quite extensive!

I really like this size class and thought they made some of the best DOTM figures. I got Bulkhead, Starscream, and Optimus yesterday. They were out of Megatron. Which, looking at the case assortment (1 Bulkhead, 1 Starscream, 1 Megatron, 3 Optimus) I guess I'm lucky I got anything except Optimus.

How is Megatron? The robot looks great but that vehicle mode has me scared.[/QUOTE]

My son just opened his Commander class Megatron. The figure is sweet. The vehicle mode? Bleh. Not very inspired at all. You can't really tell it's transformed into anything.

[quote name='Zmonkay'] really the best thing imho is storage bins. I bought a bunch at Menards on sale for like 5 bucks each and I divide my figures up by line/year. Most hold just about a years worth of figs)[/QUOTE]

I want to give a thumbs up to this. Before I had a room for them, I had them in moving boxes, which worked.

But earlier this month, our hot water heater sprung a leak. Fortunately, I caught it pretty quickly and there wasn't much damage. However, everything in cardboard boxes got soaked and the boxes were ruined. Right next to the water heater, I had a bunch of Legos in plastic storage bins. Not a single piece of Lego got wet.

Storage bins FTW.

[quote name='jbz']My son just opened his Commander class Megatron. The figure is sweet. The vehicle mode? Bleh. Not very inspired at all. You can't really tell it's transformed into anything.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was afraid of. I think I'll pass, even though the figure is neat.

[quote name='blandstalker']I want to give a thumbs up to this. Before I had a room for them, I had them in moving boxes, which worked.

But earlier this month, our hot water heater sprung a leak. Fortunately, I caught it pretty quickly and there wasn't much damage. However, everything in cardboard boxes got soaked and the boxes were ruined. Right next to the water heater, I had a bunch of Legos in plastic storage bins. Not a single piece of Lego got wet.

Storage bins FTW.

That's what I was afraid of. I think I'll pass, even though the figure is neat.[/QUOTE]

Crazy, the same thing happened to me a couple years back. My parent's called to let me know that the basement flooded a bit. Thankfully they were quick to say that since everything was in plastic bins, nothing was affected :D

Also, I agree on Commander Megs. To an even greater degree than the voyager, his alt mode is "twist him around and call it an alt mode". Sweet robot mode though.

[quote name='Zmonkay']

(and mickeyp, while I absolutely love your shelves/display for your son's toys, really the best thing imho is storage bins. I bought a bunch at Menards on sale for like 5 bucks each and I divide my figures up by line/year. Most hold just about a years worth of figs)[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that storage bins are better as protection for the figures or neater? If they were in storage bins it would be hard to get at the one he wanted.
I do like the idea of putting some in bins and rotating them which I may have to do, because we are running out of room. But I think he likes access to them, he can take one off the shelf and then put it back in it's spot when he is done.
He also has all his nerf in his room. His room is a crazy place.
I can't really put them anywhere else because we have lego sets and video games on display in other parts of the house.

Right now I just use bookcases for my displays. You can pick up a decent bookcase for like $25 - $30 at Wal-Mart and they fit a good amount of figures.

I'd like to get some fancier IKEA shelves or whatever but its not really a priority since bookcases work so well. I've got one bookcase next to the computer filled with the best figures to mess around with, and the rest are in the bedroom. My apartment isn't that large but when I move I do planning on getting an extra bedroom for a collection room.

bread's done
Back