10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Robotkingdom announced presale for Vehicon jet figures. The description says Japan only release but most people think it will come out in the US as well. I'm on the fence on whether or not to order. With shipping, getting 2 of these will cost $35 a figure. That's insane for a Deluxe, but I want these guys bad. Judging by the comments I've read regarding Vehicons, the competition to get them will be fierce. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='jbz']Robotkingdom announced presale for Vehicon jet figures. The description says Japan only release but most people think it will come out in the US as well. I'm on the fence on whether or not to order. With shipping, getting 2 of these will cost $35 a figure. That's insane for a Deluxe, but I want these guys bad. Judging by the comments I've read regarding Vehicons, the competition to get them will be fierce. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]
That and the Japanese version is striped of all paint. But they do give you a minicon, and a sticker sheet. Although you do have to build the minicon. Its on sprews like a gundam model.

yeah I saw that. Not sure how I feel about it. It's old school in a way, but I was never big on sticker sheets before when I was a kid. Most likely because I probably couldn't put them on very well :)

[quote name='Thomas96']Do ou guys keep the boxes or just the fighures themselves.[/QUOTE]

previous page just had a discussion on that. it's mixed, depending on the owner and what's being kept. I keep mainly my 3rd party boxes and the masterpieces/bigger sets. All my Japanese stuff I tend to keep the boxes as well.

spinner - I know you mentioned you aren't going for the hunt and just preordering all the Prime figures on BBTS. Are you taking the plunge right now for the Japanese versions of figs like Arachnid, Gaia Unicron, Vehicon Jet, Iron Hide, etc? They're pretty pricey.

[quote name='jbz']spinner - I know you mentioned you aren't going for the hunt and just preordering all the Prime figures on BBTS. Are you taking the plunge right now for the Japanese versions of figs like Arachnid, Gaia Unicron, Vehicon Jet, Iron Hide, etc? They're pretty pricey.[/QUOTE]

I haven't paid much attention to them; I've got a feeling Hasbro will announce quite a few of them for the US. We know what is in Wave 5, but we still don't know what is in Wave 4 or anything past Wave 5. I mean, we're getting Kup, it's a given we'll get Ironhide as well.

They'll probably drop some news at Botcon and then more news at SDCC. We'll at least find out some new waves soon since Hasbro has nothing on tap right now other than what we know.

I like the Prime figures but honestly I'm not going to go out of my way getting the ones not released in the US, unless it's a personal favorite like Skywarp (who I still have yet to order) or something that is absolutely amazing. That money to me is better spent on third party figures or filling in holes in past collections (I'm working on my RID collection at the moment, which is more of a pain in the ass than it is pricey because I need accessories more than anything.)

I mean, paying BBTS prices is like the maximum amount I'd probably pay for a Prime figure, so when you start asking for $30 - $35 for a Deluxe or $50 or so for a Voyager, there are way, way better figures out there I can get for that.

Great point re: spending money on better figures. I guess in the long run, I was able to get Soundwave and Ratchet without preordering or overpaying for Japanese version. I guess I'll wait to see what gets announced for US release or see if anyone is making a trip to Japan anytime soon :)

He's sold out now, but they keep getting 2 or 3 pieces at a time as people cancel or whatever so it's worth refreshing --

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=364900000-1&lang=us

Robot Kingdom is taking preorders for a FE Bulkhead limited shipment they are getting, $43.90 plus $15 shipping. RK is a very good site so no worries there.

I kept refreshing and got extremely lucky and grabbed one someone let go. Can't wait! Like I said earlier, he's sold out but if you keep refreshing you might get one when someone lets it go.

Kind of pricey but sure beats $110 + these are going for on eBay now.

Also to note, these are the Hasbro FE's with the light green show accurate color, not the Takara dark green metallic color.

I'm trying to cut down on TF spending but this was just way too good to pass up.

Even better news -- Kapow Toys, a UK toy retailer, is saying they are also going to have some FE Bulkheads up later today, so you *will* get a chance to buy one if you want one.

wah, I missed out :(

Nice get spinners you lucky dog. Makes me wonder where robotkingdom and this other site is getting these from though. Is Hasbro just messing with us and slowly releasing these back out or what? There's a high premium price on these so it seems odd that robotkingdom all of a sudden will just get a shipment of 79 of them out of the blue.

[quote name='jbz']wah, I missed out :(

Nice get spinners you lucky dog. Makes me wonder where robotkingdom and this other site is getting these from though. Is Hasbro just messing with us and slowly releasing these back out or what? There's a high premium price on these so it seems odd that robotkingdom all of a sudden will just get a shipment of 79 of them out of the blue.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no one knows.

Could be Hasbro Asia making more, could be a supplier got a warehouse find, could be the extras from Hasbro ramping up production for some reason. Could be a one off or could be something more, who knows, its weird though that it's just Bulkhead and not Prime as well which makes some people think its just a one off warehouse find.

I just read someone bought one from RK like 10 minutes ago, so if you keep refreshing the page you might get lucky (that's how I got mine), or keep an eye on Kapow Toys Facebook page because they are saying they will sell some later today too.

Kapow Toys put up their First Edition Bulkhead figures. Kind of pricey though -- $72.99 + shipping.

http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-prime-first-edition-bulkhead-p-5580.html

They are one per customer and limited, of course.

I guess it's higher because they have to import from China and then make a profit off that but this is still cheaper than eBay currently, where Hasbro Bulkhead is around $100 + shipping (and shipping is generally $20 - $30.)

They won't ship until the first week of May (which makes sense... Robot Kingdom ships next week and they are in Asia, these guys gotta get it first from Asia then ship) but you will probably get charged now, so just a heads up.

Any B&M sales this week on the TF Prime deluxes? Been wanting to start collecting this series but at almost $15 including tax they've been too steep for me to buy a single one (they're either $12.99 or $13.99 plus tax at my local wal-mart).

Not a deal, but I was in Target taking advantage of the trade-in deal on games posted elsewhere, and checked out the Transformers aisle, only to find they had pretty much every one I was looking for. Hotshot, Ratchet, Knock Out, Arcee, and voyager Bulkhead. Damn, didn't want to spend that much today.

I have to say, Ratchet is perhaps my favorite toy from the Transformers Prime lineup so far. Soundwave was pretty awesome, but I find Ratchet's transformation to be particularly clever and his robot mode is pretty damn good. I like how his knives can be inserted to look like they're replacing his hands, and feet are cool too. (I know, feet? yes, feet.) Lack of red paint aside, you could do a lot worse than picking up a Ratchet (Knock Out, I'm looking at you), if you can find him.

Just a note that when the thread gets close to 5000 posts, someone should make a v2 thread and continue things in there. Once the new one is made, link it back to this one and PM a mod to lock the old one.

Threads over 5K posts can cause issues with the site, so I'm giving a head's up now before it gets to that point.

Just got FE Bulkhead in the mail.

So, so good. Totally worth it.

I'm also digging that Botcon SG Optimus Prime and Kickoff set; might have to grab me one when prices start to drop. I wasn't planning on getting any Botcon figures this year but those two came out really good imo.

hey spinners, recall that Target locater link(s) you posted for Deluxe and Voyager. I used them regularly up until yesterday. Now now matter what zip code or city/state location I use, it tells me to "enter valid location". Any ideas?

[quote name='jbz']hey spinners, recall that Target locater link(s) you posted for Deluxe and Voyager. I used them regularly up until yesterday. Now now matter what zip code or city/state location I use, it tells me to "enter valid location". Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Looks like its broken for now, I get the same error.

It's a gosh-darn miracle--found Arcee and Ratchet at my local TRU today. Figured I'd rather pick them up now at $15 than pay $22+shipping at BBTS.
Ratchet like many others have said has a really interesting transformation, and Arcee definitely has the best bike-to-'bot method of transformation I can recall. They both pose great and I pegged Arcee's gun upside down in her hand and have her hang on to the second peg in the back with her other. Reminds me of Drake and Vasquez from Aliens with their steadicam HMG's.

Still, I find it so astounding that stores are letting these Bumblebees pegwarm their sections, and in such high numbers.
TRU at this rate may be the only retailer to get them, since they actually have endcaps for even more TF stuff than just the shelves.

There was only 1 each of Arcee and Ratchet at my local TRU. Can't believe TRU is charging $17.49 per deluxe figure.

yeah, TRU is a joke with their pricing. I try to avoid buying from them at all costs now unless it's a great deal. Their online stuff is usually better priced.

From my experience Target has the best priced Transformer stuff right now outside of the discount places like Ross, TJ Maxx, etc.

[quote name='Watchman']It's a gosh-darn miracle--found Arcee and Ratchet at my local TRU today. Figured I'd rather pick them up now at $15 than pay $22+shipping at BBTS.
Ratchet like many others have said has a really interesting transformation, and Arcee definitely has the best bike-to-'bot method of transformation I can recall. They both pose great and I pegged Arcee's gun upside down in her hand and have her hang on to the second peg in the back with her other. Reminds me of Drake and Vasquez from Aliens with their steadicam HMG's.

Still, I find it so astounding that stores are letting these Bumblebees pegwarm their sections, and in such high numbers.
TRU at this rate may be the only retailer to get them, since they actually have endcaps for even more TF stuff than just the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. Then my Target started getting in more stuff. I actually saw Arcee, Ratchet, Hot Shot and Knock Out there this weekend, along with a majority of all the new wave of Cyberverse Prime RID figs. There's still 15 Bumblebees/Cliffs sitting there though, but at least it seems they are getting new shipments in.

But overall yeah, the Bumble Bee overload is silly. A kid can only buy so many of him right? The collectors sure aren't. The sad thing is that in the next wave, the elusive Vehicon won't be in the case allotment, but BumbleBee still will be. I have pretty much every Prime figure except for Vehicon and I'm not liking my chances for that guy.

[quote name='TheNotoriousROB']
There was only 1 each of Arcee and Ratchet at my local TRU. Can't believe TRU is charging $17.49 per deluxe figure.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are getting HOSED by your TRU. I guess I'm getting off lucky at $15 a figure.

[quote name='jbz']I felt the same way. Then my Target started getting in more stuff. I actually saw Arcee, Ratchet, Hot Shot and Knock Out there this weekend, along with a majority of all the new wave of Cyberverse Prime RID figs. There's still 15 Bumblebees/Cliffs sitting there though, but at least it seems they are getting new shipments in.

But overall yeah, the Bumble Bee overload is silly. A kid can only buy so many of him right? The collectors sure aren't. The sad thing is that in the next wave, the elusive Vehicon won't be in the case allotment, but BumbleBee still will be. I have pretty much every Prime figure except for Vehicon and I'm not liking my chances for that guy.[/QUOTE]

Now when you say "new wave" of Cyberverse, are you talking about 'Scream, Bulk, Megs and Op?

My Target only started getting the Cyberverse last week and nothing more. They did have a few Wheeljack's still on theirs, so I moved them to the front of the pegs to get them to stand out and hopefully get picked up, thus increasing the chances for a fresh replenishment--but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've all but given up on Target and pretty much only check my TRU for new figures since that aforementioned endcap increases my chances of new figures arriving (which they do).

By the way, I don't know if anyone's interested, but I do have an extra Soundwave. I did pick it up with the intention of selling him at a higher value, but if someone's been itching to complete a wave with him I'd gladly sell it at cost+shipping.

[quote name='Watchman']Wow, you are getting HOSED by your TRU. I guess I'm getting off lucky at $15 a figure.[/QUOTE]

Since his location is set as NYC, I imagine it's big city markup on top of the TRU tax. The Rockville, MD, TRU just outside DC has a 10% markup on most (if not all) toys (so $14.99 Deluxes become $16.49). Wouldn't surprise me if stores around NYC bump that even further.

I also remember when the last wave of Animated Deluxes came out, some TRUs were charging more for Rodimus and Ironhide vs. the others. Were just Arcee and Ratchet $17.49, or did Bumblebee cost that much as well? Would suck if their SKUs were different and they marked up the 1 per case figures.

I had stopped in at my local TRU (Columbia, MD) on Saturday, where they had about a dozen Bumblebees and 3 Cliffjumpers. Stopped in again on Sunday (the B1G1 40% off game sale) to find 15 Bumblebees, 4 Cliffjumpers and 1 each of Wheeljack, Soundwave, Arcee and Ratchet. Had a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase, so I picked up Ratchet, some Lego mini-figs and some stuff for my niece.

Got my BBTS preorder from the new TF Prime deluxe wave this morning. I had forgotten I pre-ordered Knock Out so I've got an extra one of him (boo) now. But the highlight of the order is the Vehicon.

Anyone holding out to find one at a store should really just buy one online. This is one really cool toy. The model is show accurate and fun to transform. He works well in both modes and just plain looks awesome. My only complaints are an inability to troop build due to rarity and the fact that he doesn't have a 'splode gimmick to make him even more show accurate. :)

EDIT: So disappointing, once I actually got Hot Shot open and played with him, I realized that he is a retool/repaint of the RID mold of Bee and not the FE mold as I had originally thought. Oh well, at least I can look forward to Hot Shot appearing on the show.

[quote name='Watchman']
Now when you say "new wave" of Cyberverse, are you talking about 'Scream, Bulk, Megs and Op?

My Target only started getting the Cyberverse last week and nothing more. They did have a few Wheeljack's still on theirs, so I moved them to the front of the pegs to get them to stand out and hopefully get picked up, thus increasing the chances for a fresh replenishment--but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've all but given up on Target and pretty much only check my TRU for new figures since that aforementioned endcap increases my chances of new figures arriving (which they do).

By the way, I don't know if anyone's interested, but I do have an extra Soundwave. I did pick it up with the intention of selling him at a higher value, but if someone's been itching to complete a wave with him I'd gladly sell it at cost+shipping.[/QUOTE]

No, I meant Breakdown, Evac, Mirage and Soundwave. All 4 of those were at my Target last Sunday. WERE being the key word since I bought them all :lol:

I also grabbed a Knock Out and a Voyager Starscream from this store too. Surprised the hell out of me because this store is usually crap when it comes to getting in new stuff.

[quote name='demonchylde']Got my BBTS preorder from the new TF Prime deluxe wave this morning. I had forgotten I pre-ordered Knock Out so I've got an extra one of him (boo) now. But the highlight of the order is the Vehicon.

Anyone holding out to find one at a store should really just buy one online. This is one really cool toy. The model is show accurate and fun to transform. He works well in both modes and just plain looks awesome. My only complaints are an inability to troop build due to rarity and the fact that he doesn't have a 'splode gimmick to make him even more show accurate. :)

EDIT: So disappointing, once I actually got Hot Shot open and played with him, I realized that he is a retool/repaint of the RID mold of Bee and not the FE mold as I had originally thought. Oh well, at least I can look forward to Hot Shot appearing on the show.[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to get one of the Vehicon figures.

Only found two new figs: Hot Shot (Boo!) and Voyager Bulkhead. Bought Bulk, and he's great! I was pissed I couldn't get the FE fig, and concensus seems to be FE is still better, but if that's the case :drool: ...

Tempted to just throw away the gimmick weapon though. Only fig to do it right so far has been Megatron imho. Lights up, has a gear activated "transformation" and looks cool in all configurations. Prime/Bulk's are just large and ugly.

Quick question for some of you TF connoisseurs...

There was recently a promotion in Japan for Shadow Arms Microns that were limited to a fairly low amount and only at certain stores with certain purchases.
There were four of them, but I was only able to get 3 of the 4 due to the amount of travel that was required to get to all the stores in time.

My question is, do you think there would be enough demand for these that it would be worth adding them to a lowball, or would I be better off holding onto them for awhile?

Looks like the average sold price for the set of 4 was $100 on ebay. Might be worth holding onto it as they become less available. Not sure though, I'm not into the Arms Micron stuff.

Stopped by my Target and Deluxe Prime figs had a $2 price drop. Not sure how long this will be or if it's nationwide. Too bad there was only Bumblebees on my pegs.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Only found two new figs: Hot Shot (Boo!) and Voyager Bulkhead. Bought Bulk, and he's great! I was pissed I couldn't get the FE fig, and concensus seems to be FE is still better, but if that's the case :drool: ...[/quote]

I had the completely opposite reaction. Saw this guy in the wild at TRU and thought it looked like garbage compared to the FE. Couldn't drop $27 on it when the FE one is one my desk, I'll be hard pressed to spend even $20 -- might try to grab it on sale.

On the other hand, Voyager Starscream, who I did pick up, is awesome though. He's got a stupid weapon (it's a repaint of Prime's gun) but he comes with the missiles so it's not even needed. The translucent purple on his forearms is pretty dark and looks way better in person than on any pictures I've seen.

I actually like him a bit better than the FE Starscream, to be honest.

Tempted to just throw away the gimmick weapon though. Only fig to do it right so far has been Megatron imho. Lights up, has a gear activated "transformation" and looks cool in all configurations. Prime/Bulk's are just large and ugly.

Here's a way to make at least Prime's gimmick weapon somewhat usable. Take the tiny rubber bands that come on each TF figure, transform the gun so it actually looks like a gun, and rubber band it together to hold it in place. If you do it right, it won't light up and looks somewhat decent.

[quote name='animalspinners']I had the completely opposite reaction. Saw this guy in the wild at TRU and thought it looked like garbage compared to the FE. Couldn't drop $27 on it when the FE one is one my desk, I'll be hard pressed to spend even $20 -- might try to grab it on sale.

On the other hand, Voyager Starscream, who I did pick up, is awesome though. He's got a stupid weapon (it's a repaint of Prime's gun) but he comes with the missiles so it's not even needed. The translucent purple on his forearms is pretty dark and looks way better in person than on any pictures I've seen.

I actually like him a bit better than the FE Starscream, to be honest.

Here's a way to make at least Prime's gimmick weapon somewhat usable. Take the tiny rubber bands that come on each TF figure, transform the gun so it actually looks like a gun, and rubber band it together to hold it in place. If you do it right, it won't light up and looks somewhat decent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my point though! If I'm this impressed by the RID fig, then I really hope the FE mold gets in my hands at some point :D

Really stupid that they're already reusing the weapons across figs though. So not only does Starscream come with a shitty weapon, it's a shitty weapon we ALREADY HAVE? sigh. Will def. try the rubber band trick though, thanks!

Anyone think we'll ever see the Arms Microns at some point? Perhaps 2 packs like in, when was that, Cybertron? Or 3 packed together like back in Armada?

I just opened up my Prime gun and took the spring out.

Arms Micron? Not sure. I'm not too big on those anyway, even though I own 2 of them (Skywarp and Terrorcon Cliffy). I keep them on the pegs to be honest.

I'm not a big fan of the TF Prime but I saw a Bulkhead and I got him from TRU. A guy had picked him up, but later put him back. I got out of line and went back to the shelf and got him. I never had a Bulkhead figure so what the heck, why not?

You'll here majority of people who collect prefer the First Edition one. But for $20 or so, that RiD one isn't bad IMO.

I was browsing BBTS and saw a pre-order up for the MP Sideswipe/Red Alert. I might have to pick one up since I had the original Red Alert when I was a kid. The frontend looks a little out of proportion to the rest of it though.

[quote name='Thomas96']when does MP Optimus prime come out... I want that "no matter the cost."[/QUOTE]

Takara version already out. If you are talking Hasbro/US version, no official date yet.

[quote name='jbz']Takara version already out. If you are talking Hasbro/US version, no official date yet.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the US version. The US version will be cheaper than the Takara import version (i'm guessing).

[quote name='jbz']20% TRU coupon for rewards members. Can't use on video games so use on Transformers :)[/QUOTE]

I used mine on Legos, but I did manage to find Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream so it was an expensive day for me. :)

[quote name='demonchylde']I used mine on Legos, but I did manage to find Voyager Bulkhead and Starscream so it was an expensive day for me. :)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully some of that expense was for the boy's BDay :D:D

It's insane that the newest waves are still next to impossible to find (at least around me). I picked up Legion Commander Ironhide and Voyager Bulkhead the one and only time I saw them. Haven't seen a damned thing other than Wave 1 Prime figs and tons of DotM since...

20% off at TRU isn't much at all--in fact I noticed my local TRU increased their price of the Voyagers from $19.99 to $26.99, which I have to say in the words of Jem: "truly outrageous"--and not in a good way.
So if I take that 20%, basically I'm getting a little more than $5 off, bringing them back down to the price everyone else is charging, $20. Add CA tax in my case, and that's putting $2.50 back on in the end. No dice.

On the upside, I did find both my Targets here restocked with the new waves--Arcees, Hot Shots, Ratchets and Knockouts abound, in addition to all the new minis (though I despise that Mirage: red, AND a sports car? Please no thank you.); best of all, I scored Bulkhead for the aforementioned $20.

I do have to say though that I really like Hot Shot, even if he's a repaint, because his color scheme is so...Tracks-like, which I love. Plus I dig the little touch they did with his face visor/goggles--really makes his face stand out.

Oh also, I forgot to mention I spotted this stocked in my Target yesterday:
photo.jpg

Whoops! Guess Hasbro didn't get the memo the new movie's been pushed back to 2013. Good luck turning a profit this quarter guys!

bread's done
Back