Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Diggeh'][ALERT]

Amazon has Prime Powerizers Ultra Magnus and Thundertron IN STOCK for $21.99!

Ultra Magnus

Thundertron

By the Allspark! That certainly saves on gas![/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks. Now don't have to search for them and get them for slightly cheaper too.

Ultra Magnus

Thundertron

Sweet thank you!!! Saves so much time/gas/stress (this is the first line where I've been perpetually worried I'll miss a figure, though with Hasbro's love or repaints/retools I'm sure any mold I miss will be back in a few months...).

On an unrelated note: my MP01 Prime shipped from TRU!!!! Yay for paranoia being wrong! Boo for being stupid and not changing the shipping address from my parent's house to mine (shows you how long its been since I ordered something from TRU...)

[quote name='Zmonkay']
On an unrelated note: my MP01 Prime shipped from TRU!!!! Yay for paranoia being wrong! Boo for being stupid and not changing the shipping address from my parent's house to mine (shows you how long its been since I ordered something from TRU...)[/QUOTE]

While you're enjoying MP01, the rest of us who ordered will be enjoying MP10^^. Sheer laziness is what kept me from cancelling my order and hunting the old fashioned way.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Sheer laziness is what kept me from cancelling my order and hunting the old fashioned way.[/QUOTE]

The old fashioned way sucks, and I don't want to do it anymore. It has long stopped being exciting or fun, and is now simply mind-numbing and exasperating. I am tired of wasting my time and my life for companies who are disorganized, stupid, and don't give a shit. I seriously hope Disney buys Hasbro and fires everyone but the designers.

Diggeh, thank you for the Amazon listing. I went from clicking the links to completing the order and getting a confirmation in less than a minute.

This is how it should work.

Well it's time for me to get rid of my mini collection. I know it's mostly energon, so there's not much of a market, but does anyone think these would even be worth selling as a lot? I don't really have the time or patience to sell piece by piece. I was hoping for 200-300$ towards a Nexus 4 phone, but I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic. The 25th anniversary Optimus is sealed, but the box is crushed at the top. The tiny tins (I think they're called spy changers or something?) are sealed, but the packages are fairly bent on some of them, and I think I'm missing 1, making it not a whole set. I don't think any of the accessories are missing, since they sat on a shelf, then in boxes after they were opened. So any input, am I being too optimistic here?

*edit* not pictured, I also have 2 DotM mechtech Optimus Primes. Both have stickers that say movie exclusive on them, and one of them is the Lunar Fire edition.

Sorry for the shitty blurry cell phone pic.

Opterasis: Don't really have any advice, but good luck! Possibly check some of the buy/trade/sell boards on TFW2005? Both for how much you might expect and also as a possible venue for selling. Maybe better profits than on Ebay since you wouldn't have Ebay fees?

As for Amazon, I STILL don't get why they don't regularly stock TF's. It seems when a figure first comes out, there's about a 50/50 chance of it being listed at retail. That lasts for all of a day, then it sells out and only 3rd party vendors carry them at 25 bucks for a deluxe...

Ultra Magnus

Thundertron

Pissed I missed this :(. Ultra Magnus is in the $40 price range now.

[quote name='opterasis']Well it's time for me to get rid of my mini collection. I know it's mostly energon, so there's not much of a market, but does anyone think these would even be worth selling as a lot? I don't really have the time or patience to sell piece by piece. [/QUOTE]

I've been selling a crapload of stuff on eBay. I sold a 25th Anniversary Optimus for over $70 -- similar to yours, but no crush.

I know it's a pain, but I would suggest selling it in lots. Believe me -- I know it's work and time, but you have some things that go really well together. The whole lot is not going to appeal to as many people, which will drive down what you can get for it all.

I'd suggest selling it:

• 25th Anniversary Optimus
  • All the tiny tins together
  • Energon Prime + Energon Megatron
  • the 2 Alternators
  • Mini-Devastator
  • Everything Else

I think you could clear $250 that way.

[quote name='Ahadi']Pissed I missed this :(. Ultra Magnus is in the $40 price range now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, but you had a period of hours. Maybe even a day. That's like forever.

More negativity here -- I'm hiding it because I feel like all I do is vent these days:
Went to TRU today. Pretty much the same, except for a few more FE Prime Starscreams and Arcees. What killed it for me was above the shelves.

Specifically, 6 cases of Weaponizers and 8 cases of SWTFs.

Need I remind you that most of the actual store exclusives are nowhere to be found. No GDO deluxes, only Sandstorm and Dead End, no MP Optimus, no FE Voyagers, and half the FE deluxes.

Meanwhile, Hasbro is shipping Weaponizers, which aren't moving at TRU's admittedly decent sale price, and SWTFs, which also aren't moving. Brilliant!

I set up an email alert for MP Optimus on TRU.com. It was briefly in stock at 3 in the morning. It was out by the time I read it. I still have an open order for it, too. Needless to say, it's still in limbo and will likely be cancelled.

More positively, PRiD Vehicon is pretty neat. It is worth tracking down. Clever transformation, great figure and vehicle, and very little kibble. It fits in very well with the best of the FE/PRiD figures.

Sergeant Kup, not so much. It's not bad, but it's hard to believe this came from the same company that gave us Generations Sergeant Kup.

[quote name='blandstalker']
Need I remind you that most of the actual store exclusives are nowhere to be found. No GDO deluxes, only Sandstorm and Dead End, no MP Optimus, no FE Voyagers, and half the FE deluxes.
[/QUOTE]

With TRU exclusives, I believe TRU purposely understocks these to create an artificial demand -- if each store was loaded to the gills with exclusives, people would wait for a sale or just not care. However, make it really rare, get people whipped into a frenzy and well, suddenly every collector wants every figure. And it works. People went bananas for those GDO Voyagers and Prime.

I've said it before but the best way to ensure you're going to get figures these days is to make friends with other collectors in your area (like at TFW) and create a network of local people who can alert you to restocks at local stores, what's on the shelves and what's online. I went ahead and organized this myself months ago for my area and I've had no problem getting every figure released in the last few months. Having multiple sets of eyes at all times really helps.

Either that or just bite the bullet and preorder every wave at BBTS, TFSource or any other retailer... I did this myself for like a year or so. You pay more but there is no stress involved. The extra few dollars per figure is worth it to me to not have to scour for Magnus, Thundertron and Skyquake hoping I can get in during one of the windows they are available.

[quote name='animalspinners']With TRU exclusives, I believe TRU purposely understocks these to create an artificial demand -- if each store was loaded to the gills with exclusives, people would wait for a sale or just not care. However, make it really rare, get people whipped into a frenzy and well, suddenly every collector wants every figure. And it works. People went bananas for those GDO Voyagers and Prime.

I've said it before but the best way to ensure you're going to get figures these days is to make friends with other collectors in your area (like at TFW) and create a network of local people who can alert you to restocks at local stores, what's on the shelves and what's online. I went ahead and organized this myself months ago for my area and I've had no problem getting every figure released in the last few months. Having multiple sets of eyes at all times really helps.

Either that or just bite the bullet and preorder every wave at BBTS, TFSource or any other retailer... I did this myself for like a year or so. You pay more but there is no stress involved. The extra few dollars per figure is worth it to me to not have to scour for Magnus, Thundertron and Skyquake hoping I can get in during one of the windows they are available.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've been doing that for about a month now, I use the "sightings" board for my state over at TFW. I've got all I want of stuff that is actually released so far, but it was nice when I was looking, because I got MP Prime and Hotspot because of someone's heads up.

That MP10 Prime is back in stock at TRU.com. There's a limit of 2 per person so I can't see how many they have in stock...

For those with K-Marts in the area, you can get both the Optimus and Bumblebee Weaponizers for $17.50 each -- almost the cost of a deluxe! They are worth it at this price.

Here's how:

1) Print out the coupon from the following link:

http://www.e-digitaleditions.com/t/29361

The coupon is on the right of screen, you gotta click the tab labeled "Coupons" to see it. It's the $5 off $25 Hasbro pictured item. The Weaponizers are one of the only TF items eligible outside of Kre-O I think.

2) Weaponizers are currently on sale for $22.50, making them not eligible by themselves. However, grab two Weaponizers and you are over the $25 threshold.

3) Buy the Weaponizers and present your coupon. Here is where things get interesting -- the coupon takes $5 off your total for each Weaponizer! So you will pay $35 altogether, or $17.50 for each Weaponizer.

If you only want one Weaponizer, buy two and return one of them to get your $17.50 back.

[quote name='animalspinners']For those with K-Marts in the area, you can get both the Optimus and Bumblebee Weaponizers for $17.50 each -- almost the cost of a deluxe! They are worth it at this price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, animalspinners. I was going to pass on these, but I decided to pick them up at that price. It looks like the coupon is designed/worded to do that, so thanks to K-Mart for a good coupon.

Is anyone else kind of surprised at the lack of anything big for this holiday season? Last year there were leaders and Ultimate Op. This year, going into Black Friday it's...nothing, I guess.

It could have been MP Optimus, but it's not really for kids and its general unavailability makes it a non-starter. Still, seems like a missed opportunity to sell to adults who are not regular collectors.

It could have been FoC Bruticus, especially if released as a gift set. But they're only dribbling into stores now, which means it's at least a month before they're generally available. Too late. And what parent is going to track down five different figures?

(Honestly, I could totally see bundling the Fall of Cybertron game with the figures and selling it at Costco. Price it at $100 -- Amazon sold the figures at $60 and the game is now months old. It would probably still sell well at $119. Hasbro, Y U no like money?)

Weaponizers, maybe? Kind of...underwhelming, and they don't seem to be selling too well, even with discounts. I guess they're a better toy for kids for Christmas than large toys with finicky transformations. They kind of need to do a better job of promoting that.

Kre-O is a not happening. Hasbro better get their act together there, or the whole line is going to sink.

Maybe they decided to take the year off. Maybe no movie = no big toy is the calculation.

[quote name='blandstalker']Kre-O is a not happening. Hasbro better get their act together there, or the whole line is going to sink.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! I was hoping for a good clearance sale like Amazon did last year (and a few B&M stores) but I haven't even seen more than a few random sets in stores from the newest "line". I'd love a discounted Devestator set on BF but I'm not holding my breath.

I also really want those individually packed Kreons but nobody sells them :(

Finished off my FoC Bruticus this morning with a nice find at Eagle Rock Target. It was one peg with the full 5 guys (left the ones I already had) and a bunch of FoC Optimus and Prime Bee. Nothing else, though they did recently get a restock on seemingly all things cyberverse.

BTW, I love this Bruticus. Though some of the individual robot modes suffer from the triple form action (limited range of articulation being the biggest problem) they really optimized for fully combined mode with a surprising amount of articulation and more stability than most of the power core combiners. The giant gun you can build out of the individual weapons is kinda lame, but Brutes himself is purdy. :)

[quote name='Zmonkay']I also really want those individually packed Kreons but nobody sells them :([/QUOTE]

TRU has those in the Mega Bloks aisle. Unlike virtually every other non-Bumblebee Hasbro product, they've been at every TRU I've been at.

I've cooled on them a little bit since buying them. The best two are Galvatron and Scorponok, with Spinister not far behind. The other three, though, kind of miss the mark.

All of them in this wave suffer from cheapening of the paint apps. The original Kreons had 3-4 colors on their chest pieces. All the preview guys have only one color (i.e. black). The detail is there, but the lack of color really brings them down. If you put Skywarp next to Sunstorm, you can totally see.

kreons.jpg

"How come you get all the paint?" "How could you see it with all that orange?"

Figure choice is the other thing. Waspinator is a good choice, but with a mediocre rendering. But who picked Sunstorm (when there are already other jets) and Crankcase (who? why?). I mean, Spinister is obscure, but at least he's G1 and the rotor is just neat.

The transformable nature of these guys also helps make them just a tiny bit worse as minifigures. Most of them have little connectors that they wear between their heads and their chests, allowing stuff to be built on the front or back of the chest.

But, unlike Lego's Slave Leia, these tend to be double sided, meaning that if you have the figure wear them, they obscure the chest details. You're forced to choose if you want the figure to carry everything or have the details visible. Dumb design decision, and also a holdover of being cheap -- they could have duplicated the chest details on the connectors, but they didn't.

I'm waiting for the combiner ones. I would have thought they would have been here by now.

That Kreon Waspinator sucks... the details are on his head, which is covered by an obviously-Jazz helmet... then, as you said the vest that lets the wings attach covers the details on his chest. And the wings fall off too easily. I haven't even bothered to open the rest. I bought both Kreo two packs from Costco earlier this year, and returned both after rethinking.

As far as big toys for kids... that big Cyberverse Optimus Maximus has been tempting me... it does look cool if not too hollow, and I do like the smaller Cyberverse figures anyway. I figure a kid would have a lot of fun with him. And I just found him on Target clearance, so picked him up.

Got Prime Ultra Magnus and the peg legged lion Voyagers the other day. Man that's a lot of blue. Also while I like that the stupid transforming weapon actually pegs into place to form the axe, whoever designed it didn't consult with the guy who designed Ultra Magnus's vehicle mode, because while there are two pegs and two holes, they don't quite match up. Oh, and his arms are super, super loose.

Just got a delivery. I assumed it would be Ultra Magnus and Thundertron. Instead it's Bruticus! Whoa! Last time I checked, mine wasn't even being processed.

I think I love the packaging more than the figure. This should have been in stores. Anyone who was around for G1/G2 would have immediately done a doubletake and checked it out. And probably bought it right there.

I just got Thundertron and the head popped off while I was transforming him. I'm having trouble putting it back onto the ball-joint. Any tips?

[quote name='blandstalker']Just got a delivery. I assumed it would be Ultra Magnus and Thundertron. Instead it's Bruticus! Whoa! Last time I checked, mine wasn't even being processed.

I think I love the packaging more than the figure. This should have been in stores. Anyone who was around for G1/G2 would have immediately done a doubletake and checked it out. And probably bought it right there.[/QUOTE]

Did you order from Amazon by chance?

Mine was packed by a moron. They put some air bubbles at the bottom of the box, and then put the item in there face down. The window is smashed up. Plus the box has a lot of wear on it.

[quote name='Vinny']Did you order from Amazon by chance?

Mine was packed by a moron. They put some air bubbles at the bottom of the box, and then put the item in there face down. The window is smashed up. Plus the box has a lot of wear on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Mine fared better than yours, but the box still has wear. Still, I don't order from Amazon expecting it to be minty fresh. Between throwing stuff in boxes with only enough packing stuff to fill the empty space in the box to giving it to UPS drivers who like to chuck them over the gate, I just expect it will be have some kind of packaging damage.

So later I got two more packages: the Prime Voyagers and Warbot Assaulter from FansProject Core! Woo hoo! Best TF day all year, no question.

[quote name='blandstalker']Just got a delivery. I assumed it would be Ultra Magnus and Thundertron. Instead it's Bruticus! Whoa! Last time I checked, mine wasn't even being processed.

I think I love the packaging more than the figure. This should have been in stores. Anyone who was around for G1/G2 would have immediately done a doubletake and checked it out. And probably bought it right there.[/QUOTE]

I think I may be right here with you. I love the box, and now think I may keep it sealed and try and find the individual figures in stores.

MP Prime in stock at TRU (119.99) BUT TRU is having a 20% off toy purchase sale going (which should apply to this as well) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15546036&prodFindSrc=rv

Finally got to fiddle with mine yesterday. It's... good, but not as fantastic as MP-01 was. I was surprised that it even borrowed a couple elements of transformation from MP-01, which I actually thought was kind of cool (front wheel transformation and cab windows). It's also pretty damn small, especially transformed. The trailer is ok, but I've never really gave a crap about trailers unless they transformed into power armor of some sort. Either way it's a great figure though.

When I got back to my apartment last night my Ultra Magnus and Thundertron had arrived too, so I'll be checking them out today. Good TF weekend.

Target is running a sale on Deluxes right now -- $11.99.

Had a friend pick me up a Kup, just so I could give the weapons to Ironhide. Here's my short review of Kup:

Just go buy Ironhide. It's who the figure was meant to be.

[quote name='animalspinners']Here's my short review of Kup:

Just go buy Ironhide. It's who the figure was meant to be.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see even a hint of Ironhide, but I don't see how the color is going to make this figure much better.

I mean, it's all right, but it's nothing special. It's serviceable. More than anything else, it feels cheap. There are some clever bits, some okay bits, and nothing massively awful, although the we-didn't-even-try truck bed comes pretty close. The panel extending back from the head and the general cheapness of the figure puts this toward the PRiD Bumblebee end of the quality spectrum. It also is poseable, but I feel both the vehicle and robot are chunky and blocky, and it doesn't even feel like a real part of the line. For some reason, it gives me a Mater vibe, even though it's supposed to be an offroad/sport pickup.

To me, though, comparing it to Generations Kup really shows how...much less this figure is in every way, from design to paint. It's like that one belongs in Prime and this is an upsized scout. Come to think of it, it would have been a very good scout, but it's kind of disappointing as a deluxe.

Definitely agree: you don't need more than one of these.

Okay, enough complaining from me. Review of Bruticus up later, where I'll have some more positive things to talk about.

Managed to get a single Skyquake preorder, so I had a friend sell me the Magnus and Thundertron he found at retail and cancelled my preorder for the Wave 4 revision wave.

This way, if they cancel the wave because Skyquake is cancelled (which seems likely), I'm not left looking for Magnus and Thundertron. If Skyquake ends up coming in, BBTS fills my single preorder so I don't need to hunt for retail.

It's a win / win! Finally finished the Prime US line.

Managed to get Swerve and Darkness Megatron for $60 total, so all in all its been a good day for Prime figures.

Fall of Cybertron Bruticus
In short: The best Hasbro combiner since Predaking, possibly the best ever.

+ Very smart design
+ Loads of tabs and locking
+ Combination system works, locks on tight, and allows lots of poses
+ Poseability is the best yet on any Hasbro combiner

- Feels lightweight and cheap
- Feels unfinished
- Poseability is hampered by lack of joints or joints in awkward places

My biggest fear was that this was going to be a scaled-up PCC, with awkward vehicles, spindly limbs, and tolerances that lead to poor QC and spontaneous limb ejection. While PCC improved over time, this was Hasbro's first full size combiner since Energon and the first ever all-Deluxe combiner. There was so much that could go wrong.

It's not perfect by any means, but Hasbro has accomplished some really major things. This blows the Energon combiners out of the water. It also is the first Transformers combiner to include everything right into the vehicles. I'm not counting PCC here because the drones didn't transform, and I'm not counting Legends Devastator because it only approximated hands and feet (and could get away with that because of the scale).

bruticus1.jpg

And finally, Transformers can tell Puzzler to suck it.

The only thing that is real competition for this is Predaking. Predaking has two things going for it: heft and aesthetics. The Predacons were close to modern Voyagers and they were also when Hasbro wasn't so cost-obsessed. So Predaking has a size, a weight, and a sense of unified completion that this new Bruticus lacks. On Predaking, the robot head that wasn't filled in on the back was the exception. Here it's the rule, with hollow and unfinished limbs everywhere.

However, some of that is deliberate and smart design. The new Bruticus guys were designed to be lighter in order to avoid problems common to combiners: the weight just gets in the way and leads to poor poseability and joint problems. That is not an issue here. New Bruticus can get into some pretty insane poses and the joints can handle the weight. The limbs don't disengage or sag, and Bruticus will not fall over just because you put the arms or legs in an interesting pose.

bruticus3.jpg

Puzzler who? Let see him beat me at the limbo.

What is probably the biggest limitation is that the figure is stuck with the joints it has and is missing some obvious ones. There are no ankles or swiveled platforms. The arms also have decent articulation -- just not where you might want them. Being able to get the arms into the position you want can be fiddly or even impossible. If there were ankle joints, this guy could do just about anything including the limbo. It's a sad omission when it's this close.

But, that said, the figure is so well designed. There are tabs, posts, and locks everywhere. If it folds together, you can lock it in place. There are even hip locks so you can give Bruticus extra help standing in certain poses, or disengage them to try something wacky. I can't give this enough praise and I am so happy to see such care put into the engineering. Energon Superion shows what happens when you don't have enough locking and I am so glad they learned from that mistake.

Also, I can't say enough about the gestalt design. There are no Energon Superion thunderthighs. There's no Energon Devastator awkwardly restricted limbs. You can move Bruticus, you can pose him, and things do not get in the way. And just in case it isn't clear in the pictures, all of these poses are not supported in any way -- the arms and legs are all separate and doing their own thing and not resting on anything.

bruticus2.jpg

I tried taking Superion to pilates, but his legs wouldn't fit through the door.

Here's how I'd rate the team members:

Winners: Blast Off and Vortex. Both have killer robot modes that just drip personality. Blast Off has a clever robot mode and transformation. Vortex is an homage to the original that will be instantly familiar, yet smart and surprising in its updates. I think I would give Blast Off the edge because Vortex's helicopter is just slightly dorky looking. I can't put my finger on it, but the proportions are just wrong and it's more cute than menacing. The baby blue color doesn't help, but it's probably my favorite vehicle color of the set, so I don't hold it against him.

Solid Team Members: Brawl and Swindle. Both make good robots. Swindle has a better vehicle mode -- Brawl's just feels unfinished and somewhat lame. It's not nearly as imposing as a tank should be, and the open front needs some guns or something. It just looks empty. It reminds me of FoC Shockwave, but Shockwave felt finished.

What's limiting about both is that they feel like scaled-up scouts, Swindle especially. Swindle's vehicle also suffers by being a leg -- from the top Swindle looks great, but from the side you can see the foot supports, which look awful. Transformations on both are simplistic, and while the robot modes are fine, they are not nearly as interesting or distinctive as Blast Off or Vortex.

Loser: Onslaught. Simply put, Onslaught should have been a Voyager, and too many compromises were made all around in order to get him to be Deluxe size. I think if FansProject ever decides to enhance this set, they'll replace Onslaught. I would be okay with that. Onslaught's vehicle mode is a downright disappointment. The other two modes get the job done, but the figure feels lacking. Onslaught had the most to do, and so it's actually pretty good that he is able to function in all three modes and support the gestalt. But it would have been worlds better had he been a Voyager.

I do like that they made the effort to have the guns combine. Sadly, it looks dorky. The colors don't go together and it looks like a bunch of spindly guns held together by rubber bands. Also, Onslaught comes with a double-barreled launcher to echo G1 Onslaught, but it won't stay on mine. It fits, but falls off over time. It's also very cheap, both in appearance and manufacture.

Some of the combiner parts suffer from cheap appearance. The double-barreled guns I just mentioned, but Bruticus' pelvic skirt also looks cheap from lack of paint. Part of it is the deco -- I bought it, but I'm not a fan. I hesitate to criticise it, because this is the one I selected. But part of it is that lots of things are unpainted. While that may have been the case on the G1 figure, it doesn't change that now it looks unfinished and a missed opportunity. I guess all the budget went into the purple camo, and that's nice but it doesn't really make it feel finished.

Also, I gotta say, none of the decos are really great, not even the SDCC one that's going for a hefty chunk of change. They lack a cohesiveness to the design and all look toy-like. The SDCC set is best, but I have no plans to get one unless the bottom falls out of that market. I would love to see Hasbro redeco this set. Charge $10-$20 more, but go all out on the paint and make the vehicles adult, military colors that go well with each other. If you look at FansProject Bruticus, they were very smart with the color choices -- they're all different and half of them were Hasbro colors, but they compliment each other, make a decent scheme together, and nothing stands out too much. The recent Unicron and the upcoming Omega Supreme show what can be accomplished when someone really cares.

Which brings us to FansProject Bruticus. I think it's an unfair comparison for a couple of reasons. FansProject is Hasbro stuff, enhanced by $100 of upgrades. This whole set cost $60. Also, much as I love FP Bruticus, it is a partsformer. I don't have a problem with that, because FansProject went the extra mile to make all the parts make sense in both robot and vehicle modes. They did an insanely good job with that, too.

But this Bruticus is trying something different. By incorporating all the parts, they lose the extra joints and detail. There's an elegance to this choice that makes the design that much more difficult, not even taking the vast cost difference into account. That Hasbro was able to accomplish this Bruticus with 5 regular unenhanced Deluxes is incredible.

So no, new Bruticus does not beat FansProject Bruticus. But, again, is that even a fair comparison? Not really. So I'll say this: FP Bruticus remains my favorite combiner of all time, but New Bruticus is the best unenhanced Hasbro combiner ever. (I still love you Predaking. Don't be mad.)

I realize not everyone would make that choice, but integrating everything into the robots/vehicles along with the insane articulation puts it on top for me. Both, on their own, are major for me, and to have them in one package is amazing.

Great review. Generally agree (though I wouldn't say best gestalt ever. I still feel the Car Robots gestalts did a better job accross all 3 modes, but to each his own.)

Amazon has some Kre-O stuff on sale finally!
Devestator for 48 (sadly not the TRU version with free Ironhide, but for 48 bucks instead of 80 I'll take it http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Destruction-Site-Devastator-Set/dp/B0083TXVW4/ref=lh_ni_t

Rotor Rage (aka Vortex) for 15 instead of 25: http://www.amazon.com/KRE-O-36959-Transformers-Rotor-Rage/dp/B0083TXW0K/ref=lh_ni_t

Nice review of Bruticus. Brawl and Swindle don't look as out of proportion relative to Onslaught as the early pictures implied, though Blast Off and Vortex still look too big. Might be better if Onslaught was a Voyager as you said.

Been a while since I've had mine out, but didn't the Beast Wars gestalts and the train team from R.I.D. / Car Robots also incorporate everything into their respective component robots?

TRU has a buy 2 Deluxes, get 1 free sale going on this week. Picked up GDO Springer, Cliffjumper and Swerve at one tonight to take advantage of the sale and a FE Vehicon at another. Also saw GDO Voyager Megatron and Powerdive.

Yea, Rail Racer incorporated all the accessories into the separate robots, their alt modes (the accessories are actually needed in transformation) and Rail Racer himself.

imo, it is the best combiner they've ever done. Nothing suffers due to the combining gimmick and it's all very well thought out.

[quote name='Bloomy']
TRU has a buy 2 Deluxes, get 1 free sale going on this week. Picked up GDO Springer, Cliffjumper and Swerve at one tonight to take advantage of the sale and a FE Vehicon at another. Also saw GDO Voyager Megatron and Powerdive.[/QUOTE]

I thank you so much for telling me about this sale! I bought 7 transformers last week for $16.49. I bought my receipt in and they adjusted the price of each to $14.99 and applied the buy 2 get 1 free sale --so I got 9 transformers now and $ back! By the way the transformers I got were the 5 new Fall of cybertron ones that combine to form Bruticus and I got 4 First edition transformers-vehicon, starscream, arcee, and cliffjumper. I hope my son likes these for the holidays! Not sure about the first edition purchases as I already have the figures that came out that were not first edition- are they worth having 2 of them?

[quote name='mickeyp'] Not sure about the first edition purchases as I already have the figures that came out that were not first edition- are they worth having 2 of them?[/QUOTE]

Starscream's FE is the only deluxe Starscream and is infinitely better than the voyager version.

The rest are all also better than their PRID counterparts. I didn't think FE Cliff was that much better than PRID, but Arcee just blow away the PRID version and Vehicon is better in that it is bigger and a more complex transformation (something I love in figs) than PRID though PRID Vehicon is still a great figure. Do like I did: Consider FE Vehicon a general to the PRID trooper :D

[quote name='Zmonkay']The rest are all also better than their PRID counterparts. I didn't think FE Cliff was that much better than PRID, but Arcee just blow away the PRID version[/quote]

I somewhat disagree with this. FE Arcee is bigger and has that nice chestplate thing. But PRiD Arcee is a bit more elegant, which is a little hard to qualify. I think the transformation is smoother. It's simpler without being simplistic.

Both trade off on what they do better. PRiD Arcee gets a lot of details right. I like the 'wings' better, but the backpack is worse. FE Arcee feels more finished and feels like they put that much more into it.

The one thing the FE gets totally right is having the two blades. Having one blade and a dopey gun was a stupid choice for PRiD Arcee.

In the end, I think it's a wash. I would personally pick PRiD Arcee, but they are different enough and strong enough in different areas that they're both worth having.

[quote name='Zmonkay'] and Vehicon is better in that it is bigger and a more complex transformation (something I love in figs) than PRID though PRID Vehicon is still a great figure. Do like I did: Consider FE Vehicon a general to the PRID trooper :D[/QUOTE]

And this one is a matter of taste. FE Vehicon is everything you say, but it's also backpacky. PRiD Vehicon manages to get the same look but with a sleek robot with virtually no backpack or kibble. That counts for a lot in my book.

Really, both lines are great and worth getting. The only thing you should really skip is PRiD Bumblebee, which is in every way worse than FE Bee.

Wow- thanks guys I will keep the 4 FE that I just bought- even though I have the PRID versions. Thanks for justifying my purchases! Glad I found Starscream FE, we only have the small cyberverse one. I already had bumblebee FE.
A few weeks ago I bought the entertainment pack FE of Optimus and Megatron with the kids, even though we had Optimus and Megatron already.

Blandstalker makes some excellent points, but overall I'll take complex transformations that leave some backpacks over simplistic figs. I don't watch the show so show accuracy also isn't an issue for me (a reason I've seen some people say they like PRID Arcee better).

Overall I wouldn't say PRID is bad it all just feels generally lower quality, with smaller figures, cheaper plastic, less paint apps, simpler transformations... I'd be perfectly happy with it actually if they hadn't taunted us with the (imho) glory of the FE figs.

I agree to skip PRID Bee. That figure is complete horse shit. Also heard Arachnid is aweful though I've yet to see her in stores.

Got PRID Rumble. Cool little figure. Love the Gurren Laggen chest face. Most Cons seem to have them, but it's especially apparent on Rumble. This little bastard desperately needs some paint apps though. The guns are just black bricks and the car mode is especially bad. Both ends of the car need paint bad.

Heads up! 2PM PST today (Thursday 12/6) Amazon will have their exclusive Jetwing Prime as a Lightning deal.

Last time they did a decent TF Lightning, it was the Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus for $30, so this one might be good.

[quote name='blandstalker']Heads up! 2PM PST today (Thursday 12/6) Amazon will have their exclusive Jetwing Prime as a Lightning deal.

Last time they did a decent TF Lightning, it was the Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus for $30, so this one might be good.[/QUOTE]

$75 is better than the $105 they charged me two weeks ago. Part of the one I got on release is loose in the box, so I am going to return it as defective and just order at the new price.

Too bad I paid waaaaay more than $35 for the Dragon Optimus. :(

Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on that Optimus. Hope it will be cheaper later.

Toys R Us has Prime toys buy 1, get 1 50% off this week. Picked up Dreadwing and Starscream (Voyager).

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I have zero interest in that prime. A mold I already have with a giant brick of a backpack that imho just looks ugly... easy pass. I love trailers that transform to armor, but that doesn't look like anything in "trailer" mode and looks pretty lame in bot mode. (on a side note, I'm probably one of the few that really really liked Ultimate Prime...)

TRU has B1G1 50% off all regular priced Transformers stuff today only (12/13).

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/121312A_TRU_Thursday.pdf

Going to be visiting some friends this weekend, and found a store not far from them that the web site said had MP Prime in stock. Was able to place an order for 2 of them (1 for me and Xmas gift for my brother) with the discount applied. Sales tax was applied, but even with that I'll take 2 for $207 total. Hope it goes through.

Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus Prime
Jetwing Optimus Prime
MP-10 Optimus Prime
Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime

I think I've got every single great Prime toy covered

bread's done
Back