Transformers: War For Cybertron - 10x XP Weekend Going on Now-Through 11/28!

I'm so glad I sold these:

tfwfc.png

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Double XP starting Friday @ 6pm ?ST - Sunday July 4th.[/QUOTE]

And of course, I'm going to be out of town starting Saturday... :bomb:

Maybe I'll just stay up really late Friday.

Thank god for Double XP weekend. I've been raping conquest the last two days playing a leader using fusion cannon, warcry and that ball you throw to slow people. Went 19-0 in one Conquest game and got less xp than the game I went 13-8. fucking hate games where shit like that happens. One thing I want to know is, do you ever unlock any new chassis through multiplayer? Having only Soundwave for the decepticon leader is lame as hell.

And seriously, someone do some fucking escalation with me I want these achievements.

[quote name='GUNNM']Why is the demolisher code so much? Was that the best buy code?[/QUOTE]

No Amazon had that one, Best Buy had Jazz and Gamestop had Shockwave

[quote name='Thorgouge']

And seriously, someone do some fucking escalation with me I want these achievements.[/QUOTE]

I'll run thru it with you.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Thank god for Double XP weekend. I've been raping conquest the last two days playing a leader using fusion cannon, warcry and that ball you throw to slow people. Went 19-0 in one Conquest game and got less xp than the game I went 13-8. fucking hate games where shit like that happens. One thing I want to know is, do you ever unlock any new chassis through multiplayer? Having only Soundwave for the decepticon leader is lame as hell.

And seriously, someone do some fucking escalation with me I want these achievements.[/QUOTE]

No new chassis in MP. Except when they decide to make some DLC.

Speaking of DLC, the rumor is that Zeta Prime and Dead End will be DLC, based on some videos of some people using them.

The 3 preorder DLC characters will be included with the first map pack along with 2 other characters.

http://kotaku.com/5578441/first-tra...on-dlc-contains-all-three-preorder-characters
Folks who spent up to $100 for War for Cybertron preorder codes on eBay are going to kick themselves, as a listing on the Xbox website for the game's first map pack indicates that all three preorder characters are included. This is why we don't buy preorder codes on eBay Released just last week and garnering surprisingly positive reviews, Transformers: War for Cybertron features a robust multiplayer component. To entice players to reserve copies at Best Buy, Amazon.com, and GameStop, Activision supplied retailer-exclusive preorder codes that unlocked Shockwave, Demolishor, and Jazz character models for online play.
Earlier this week we ran a story on the outrageous prices players were paying for these character codes on eBay.
Now Kotaku reader ChrisRiss points us to a listing that recently appeared on the UK version Xbox.com for the prepaid code version of "Map and Character Pack #1" for the game. The listing indicates the pack contains two new maps for standard multiplayer, two Escalation mode maps, and five new characters for online multiplayer, including the three preorder bonuses.
Become the ultimate weapon and wage war in four new maps – engage in multiplayer combat in HAVOC and FORTRESS or fend off waves of Autobots in DISTRICT, and Decepticons in FORSAKEN, two new Escalation mode maps. Also gain access to 5 characters and their chassis for use in Escalation mode and Multiplayer character creation; SCATTERSHOT, ONSLAUGHT, DEMOLISHOR, SHOCKWAVE and JAZZ are ready for battle. Fight to the end in the war that started it all! There are no refunds for this item.
Mind that last sentence there, eBayers: "There are no refunds for this item."
Mind you this isn't the official listing for the DLC pack you will be buying whenever Activision decides to release it, but it seems unlikely that the text included in the listing is merely placeholder. Activision could still remove the three preorder characters before the pack is released, though that doesn't seem likely.
Plus, there's no price listing, though I'm guessing it'll go for a lot less than the $100 people were paying for Demolishor at the world's largest online auction house.
We've reached out to Activision for comment on this story, and will update should we receive a response.

[quote name='Techsticles']The 3 preorder DLC characters will be included with the first map pack along with 2 other characters.

http://kotaku.com/5578441/first-tra...on-dlc-contains-all-three-preorder-characters[/QUOTE]

I'd just like to point out that the Xbox Live Marketplace listing is from the U.K. They often don't get the pre-order bonuses that we get here in the U.S., or they get them in a different form (I believe they got all three Red Dead Redemption pre-order bonuses somehow). So, it's certainly reasonable to assume that the U.K. might get all the pre-order characters in the DLC package, while the U.S. may not.

However, should this apply to the U.S. as well, I won't be too worried. I pre-ordered T:WfC with a 25% off coupon at Gamestop, so I was getting it from there no matter what. Shockwave was just gravy. And I'd love to get my hands on Jazz, so that would be welcome.

Hilarious, I knew it would happen. I knew it was a lock they would use the DLC characters to pad out their DLC to make it look like a huge offering... now let's hope they don't up the price because of it. There is absolutely zero chance of this not applying to the US, since the UK did in fact get all these characters as preorder bonuses.

I had a feeling High Moon shipped with a small number of maps just to do this to us... and the fact it's called pack #1 doesn't make me feel any better.

If it has new achievements, I'll get it... if not, no way.

Boy that makes me almost feel bad for selling the Jazz code for 50 bucks on eBay. And people say having a world full of idiots is a bad thing.

In other news, I'll be playing a ton this weekend to take advantage of the double xp, with my playtime starting in 45 minutes. If anyone else is going to be on, friend add me and let's get a group together that can farm the hell out of people in Conquest. I'm talking tons of group killing and letting them recap the points so we can rush in and just keep recapping them for the free 150 xp. Talkin' about 8k+ xp per game easy.

Haahaha 12000 xp for one conquest match and if the team I fought could actually capture nodes it would of been more.

edit: Well fuck me they gotta fix the whole disconnecting bullshit. The host just always quits out before the match is about to end and we lose all the xp and time. Had like 35 kills on Molten Conquest with at least 15k xp racked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, this double XP is sick... went from 15 to 19 with the Scientist in about an hour.

Edit: Halfway to 21 now... this MP really gets boring after awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this was almost on page 2... is nobody playing MP? Even at peak today, with the double XP weekend, the playerbase has already dropped to under 10,000... I played it a ton today and it fluctuated between 8,000 - 9,000. Probably safe to say it'll be a wasteland by September.

I managed to get my Scientist to 25 (up from 15) and all the other classes up to 10 (from 0) since the start of double XP, though.

Yea its crazy so many people defended how awesome it is when I said it was mediocre yet I'm one of the few actually playing it. I got my Leader to 25 earlier today and all my characters a few levels higher with the scout highest at 17. I was raping so hard as the leader, getting like 40 kills a match in Conquest easy but man is it a lot slower for the other classes. I find them to be so underpowered. Pretty discouraging to unload a full scatter blaster clip + a melee WITH the stealth dmg bonus active only to be killed by one fusion cannon blast and a melee while that asshole brushes my attacks off like i sneezed on him.

Not to mention, it makes more sense to avoid conflict and just run around grabbing points which will net you 3x more xp than it would if you just fought players and occasional captured a point. I get mad at my team when they refuse to let the other team take a point because there is absolutely no point to try to win.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Yea its crazy so many people defended how awesome it is when I said it was mediocre yet I'm one of the few actually playing it. I got my Leader to 25 earlier today and all my characters a few levels higher with the scout highest at 17. I was raping so hard as the leader, getting like 40 kills a match in Conquest easy but man is it a lot slower for the other classes. I find them to be so underpowered. Pretty discouraging to unload a full scatter blaster clip + a melee WITH the stealth dmg bonus active only to be killed by one fusion cannon blast and a melee while that asshole brushes my attacks off like i sneezed on him.

Not to mention, it makes more sense to avoid conflict and just run around grabbing points which will net you 3x more xp than it would if you just fought players and occasional captured a point. I get mad at my team when they refuse to let the other team take a point because there is absolutely no point to try to win.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed. I've destroyed my K/D ratio because I will charge nodes wanting to capture them, I don't really care about dying... I usually go about 4 kills 20 deaths but I'm always on the top for my team because I capture so many nodes.

I also find it crazy that you get +300 for a capture, but then +40 for a defend on top of the other points for a kill (which usually isn't 300)... so it makes more sense to just never defend anything. I capture, and as soon as it's done, I run off and capture another point... I'm averaging about 10,000 - 15,000 exp per game.

Whirlwind is horribly broken, and for Scientist the fusion cannon may as well be a one hit kill... even if it doesn't fully hit you.

Not to mention, most of your best skills you'll have by the time you are level 10, in any class.

Putting all this time into the MP this weekend shows how mediocre it is, so I really can't blame anyone for not playing it that often. Whether I finish the achievements or not, I'm shelving it after this weekend.

Oh, no bonus for winning is probably the worst thing about this entire MP, imo. Where is the incentive to win? I just go around capping points, not giving a shit if we win or not because I'll get the same amount of XP. They should have added a 1,000 exp bonus to winning or something.

Holy shit Thorgouge, you're right - Leader + Fusion Cannon + the perk that lets you drop your grenades when you die = unstoppable. I just decimated the entire team all by myself. Way, way overpowered.

I don't even have to aim right at them for the Fusion Cannon to blow them apart... I just took out Scouts and Scientists like they were nothing.

At level 23 you get an addon called rage that gives you even more damage and armor with your warcry meaning you can 2-3 shot almost anything. I like to pick up the scrapmaker when I can to go with the awesome cannon. What's good too is that molecular bomb thingy that will slow them down so you can kite even whirlwinding soldiers.

[quote name='Thorgouge']At level 23 you get an addon called rage that gives you even more damage and armor with your warcry meaning you can 2-3 shot almost anything. I like to pick up the scrapmaker when I can to go with the awesome cannon. What's good too is that molecular bomb thingy that will slow them down so you can kite even whirlwinding soldiers.[/QUOTE]

Right now I go Warcry + the ability that makes them transform... it seems to really catch people off guard and they just sit there after it happens at which point it's real easy to just melee them.

I thought Whirlwind was overpowered, but this entire class is just too much, haha. I too had scouts light up me with an entire clip, only for me to one shot them with the cannon.

Plus, if they do kill me, 9 times out of 10 the grenade that drops when I die finishes them off since they aren't expecting it.

Hit 100 tonight.

Prime Mode gives you a little matrix of leadership next to your name, and unlocks some challenges like "Kill 15 without Dying" "Activate POKE 2.0 2 times in a match"

You also go back to 0 on all classes

[quote name='nnthomas']Hit 100 tonight.

Prime Mode gives you a little matrix of leadership next to your name, and unlocks some challenges like "Kill 15 without Dying" "Activate POKE 2.0 2 times in a match"

You also go back to 0 on all classes[/QUOTE]

Wow...

Basically if you actually play enough without giving up and get 25 with each class, only use the prime mode when you know your done playing the game for the achievement. I really don't see a point in doing it otherwise.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Basically if you actually play enough without giving up and get 25 with each class, only use the prime mode when you know your done playing the game for the achievement. I really don't see a point in doing it otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I played against some guy yesterday who had already went Prime, and was level 16 or so in all classes again... he is near the top of the leaderboards, and so far has put *110* hours into the MP since launch.

Is this happening to anyone else? If the connection drops me mid-multiplayer match, ALL of my classes reset and the unlockable character models for the Scout/Scientist become locked again, and to get them back I have to replay the final levels. This is fucking bullshit.

Add Thorgouge and I'll help with some escalation. I did it only once and got to wave 8 before wiping because I was with randoms who were dumb as fuck.

Autobot map, only open the door to the Overshield ASAP, then just keep grabbing overshields and don't leave the room, stairs, and hallway. Really easy. As long as everyone maintains an Overshield you are good to go.

Alright this is seriously getting on my nerves. If I disconnect for ANY reason whatsoever (host quits, connection times out, etc) ALL of my classes reset and the unlockable models re-lock. I've replayed the last level five fucking times to get back the Stalker chassis for the Decepticons.

Is ANYONE else experiencing this?

[quote name='Thorgouge']animal you should come do that shit up with me, I'm having more trouble finding people for this than I did for firefight in ODST.[/QUOTE]

Maybe possibly in the next few days.. I don't have a mic currently, but it's not like we'd really need one. As long as people stick together and are halfway decent at shooting, it would be an easy run.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238756&page=2

The first three posts are pretty spot on what to do. It might take a game before everyone is clear on what happens. We can either find two other people who know what they're doing in terms of just staying alive, or just use two randoms and hope they catch on. The spot with the overshield is good because down the stairs is an ammo dispenser... the key is just to *ONLY* open the Overshield room door.

[quote name='HydroX']My friend and I are in the process of obtaining this game.

How's the MP? Alive and well?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd recommend the Escalation Mode, most fun I had in the game. Multi player is good but it'll probably take a while to be competitive until you level your class up a bit to get the extra perks. Fun game though, never had a problem finding a game online either.

Have they fixed the constant lag and "lost connection" errors yet? Last time I played was Monday and it was really rough with those problems.

NPD numbers are out for this game... it came in at number 12 on the top 20 for June 2010 (numbers through July 3rd) with 133,000 sold.

PS3 didn't hit the top 20 so it's definitely under 100,000.

I'm not real sure we can expect a sequel, and especially if the movie tie-in for Transformers 3 sells better since it'll show Activision the fans of the old school aren't buying the games. Activision also isn't fond of keeping franchises going that aren't selling strongly right out of the gate, but it's a toss up. I hope they do make a sequel though and are able to fix the problems this game had.

They pretty much confirmed that they would be working on a sequel after the first couple days it went on sale. While it was not a #1 hit, it was still a success for them.

Just a heads up that Kmart is going to have this on sale. From @Kmart gamers gamer chat on twitter the other day:

Next week when you buy the new Xbox 360 you can get War for Cybertron for $19.99 #gamerchat

and also

we'll also be discounting it directly on 8/8

Hope you guys will still be playing by then. I can't wait. (well I can till at least till 8/8 anyway..)

Ugh, after wasting some time on this.... I have to say, this game was *vastly* overrated. While it's an upgrade over most licensed character games (most Spider-Man/Transformers/etc), this is the worst piece of crap I've played in a long, long time.

Different strokes for different folks, though.. if you guys enjoy it, it's all you. ;)

So anyone hear anything about another upcoming double xp weekend? I would be pumped if they are going to have another one in the near future so I can get the rest of my multiplayer achievements. Theres no way I can bear leveling some of these classes without at least double xp. Also, add me for escalation because I still need those achievements as well!

It starts tomorrow at 9 pm EST, and lasts until Monday 3 AM EST (so basically Sunday).

MP must be drying up incredibly fast for them to do another one of these so soon.

Has anyone figured out what the balancing issues were? I've noticed that the Scrapmaker and Fusion Cannon aren't as strong as they were, but I'm sure if it's my imagination or not. I also have no idea what other adjustments they might have made. It'd be nice if they said.

bread's done
Back