Trials HD / Limbo / Splosion Man - Triple Pack $10 at Best Buy

Is this really confirmed to be in store as well? There is no mention of it on the Best Buy ad posted here. I dont wanna head out there for nothing.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Is this really confirmed to be in store as well? There is no mention of it on the Best Buy ad posted here. I dont wanna head out there for nothing.[/QUOTE]It's actually right there in the ad (in bold below):

[quote name='MidnightMetal']Hello my CAG crew, back with more Best Buy goodness.

On Sale

Sony Bluray Remote for PS3>>>>>$19.99
Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT Bluetooth Headset>>>>>$29.99
Tritton AX180 Gaming Headset>>>>>$49.99

:360::ps3: Marvel vs. Capcom 3>>>>>$29.99
:360::ps3: Dirt 3>>>>>$39.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4>>>>>$39.99
:360::ps3: FEAR 3>>>>>$49.99
:pc: FEAR 3>>>>>$39.99

:360: XBLA Pack: Trials/Limbo/'Splosion Man>>>>>$9.99
:360::ps3: MX vs ATV Alive>>>>>$29.99
:360::ps3: Major League Baseball 2K11>>>>>$29.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2>>>>>$39.99
:pc: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2>>>>>$29.99
:360::ps3: Operation Flashpoint Red River>>>>>$39.99
:360::ps3: Red Faction Armageddon>>>>>$49.99

:360::ps3: Test Drive Unlimited 2>>>>>$19.99 ($9.99 w/@Gamer Coupon)
:360::ps3: Dungeon Siege III>>>>>$39.99 ($24.99 w/@Gamer Coupon)
:pc: Dungeon Siege III>>>>>$29.99 ($14.99 w/@Gamer Coupon)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xskaxninjax']There probably will be. I asked about this before, and they told me you can't even exchange one game. You have to do a full return of both games.[/QUOTE]

Ah rats, I guess I'm stuck with Dark Void. If I do a full refund on the three games, I'll probably get blocked from getting the free game for free since the sale is over after repurchase. I still want to keep the other two games.

Figured since Dark Void wasn't the free the game and I was going to exchange it for another $10 game, Best Buy would let me do it.

Oh well, I'll try my luck at the store, hopefully I won't get denied.
Edit: I read the store policy on returns on Best Buy's website. From my interpretation, it appears I'll get $10 for the free item's value. I really doubt Best Buy would let me return/repurchase because people would just pocket that $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 2 left at my Best Buy so I snagged one. $10 for 3 games I've always wnated and 160 points? can't beat it.

Also grabbed Dead to Rights : Retribution for 9.99 while I was there.

Ordered the triple pack with $2.99 shipping. Now I'm gonna try to stay away from this site for a while. For the first time in my life I have a bunch of games that I haven't even played; all thanks to CAG :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']anyone could confirm this?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just picked mine up and it had the codes. They expire at the end of this year.

Put the order in online, had the email for in-store pickup confirmation about 10 minutes later, and 20 minutes after that - to the store and back with the game. nice.

Just picked up the last one at my store along with Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Scott Pilgrim Blu-Ray, and Robin Hood Blu-Ray. Not a bad haul for $65.

If anyone doesn't have any use for those 48 hour trial codes, could I get it so I can play some MK Online?
I went to BB and they didn't have the game. Crap day for deals for me :(

Already have Splosion Man (must've picked it up on a 1/2 off sale cuz I never pay full price for XBLA games), but have always wanted to try Limbo. Don't know what Trials HD is, but I'm in for the pack.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Already have Splosion Man (must've picked it up on a 1/2 off sale cuz I never pay full price for XBLA games), but have always wanted to try Limbo. Don't know what Trials HD is, but I'm in for the pack.[/QUOTE]

Limbo is a no brainer
As for trials HD, I had fun playing it but after it got to the tough parts, I got annoyed and bored with it...

Wow, what a great deal. I already own all three of these though, otherwise I would be jumping on this without a doubt. All three games are fantastic!!!

For those in my boat of only needing Limbo: with the 160 bonus points virtually knocking $2 off, it can easily be a free rental with potential profit after beating it.

Re: Trials HD, it certainly requires multiple levels of untold technique-learning to get your bike to do what you need it to do. Watching a Youtube video of someone beating a level you're stuck on for an hour (and watching in shocking shame as they run the entire track in 2 minutes) really helps learn the techniques needed, but it's nothing close to a spoiler FAQ since it's not giving you the answer like a puzzle game, rather just showing you how you might be able to do it.

Also to anyone who's played Trials HD this is literal therapy to watch:

(NSFW Language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTmV0qyz-0

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']If anyone doesn't have any use for those 48 hour trial codes, could I get it so I can play some MK Online?
I went to BB and they didn't have the game. Crap day for deals for me :([/QUOTE]

YGPM

Picked up the last copy @ BB today. Totally worth it, as we didn't have any of the 3 games. Might be going back later this week for the GoW bundle, Dungeon Siege 3 and TDU2. Best Buy sure is getting more of my money this year than usual.

[quote name='TheDuckyOne']YGPM

Picked up the last copy @ BB today. Totally worth it, as we didn't have any of the 3 games. Might be going back later this week for the GoW bundle, Dungeon Siege 3 and TDU2. Best Buy sure is getting more of my money this year than usual.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I thought I had weened myself off Best Buy last year, but I keep finding good reasons to go this year for some reason. Hopefully they can keep this going and keep the heat on other retailers to do the same. Picked up one of the last of 2 copies at my store today, so looks like a lot of people are loving this deal. Also noticed that some of the games that were cheap last week like Def-Jam Rapstar for $9.99, had shot up in price back to $49.99! Plenty of Gamer mags with the coupons in each aisle, so snatched one of those to get the GoW triple-pak later this week.

Waiting for the confirmation email so i can go pick it up. Really looking forward to playing LIMBO. Heard nothing but good things about that game.

Limbo is just about as dull and pathetic as I imagined from the demo. Splosion Man is actually surprisingly pleasant. Nothing special, but the energy is there.

EDIT: Limbo becomes a lot more entertaining if you pretend you're playing Duke Nukem's little wannabe brother Billy Nukem and add in stupid one liners at appropriate moments. "BLOW IT YOUR YOUR ASS, WEBHEAD."

EDIT2: Gotta commend them though for choosing a style that ensured they needed to spend no real effort on art or sound assets AND they could get praised precisely for this lack of effort!

[quote name='RollingSkull']Limbo is just about as dull and pathetic as I imagined from the demo. Splosion Man is actually surprisingly pleasant. Nothing special, but the energy is there.

EDIT: Limbo becomes a lot more entertaining if you pretend you're playing Duke Nukem's little wannabe brother Billy Nukem and add in stupid one liners at appropriate moments. "BLOW IT YOUR YOUR ASS, WEBHEAD."

EDIT2: Gotta commend them though for choosing a style that ensured they needed to spend no real effort on art or sound assets AND they could get praised precisely for this lack of effort![/QUOTE]

Man, Limbo was made by 8 people, should give them more credit.

[quote name='Gosha']Man, Limbo was made by 8 people, should give them more credit.[/QUOTE]

I'll give them credit, but I certainly won't give them 1200 points for it. Not even 800. Most of us passed at 600. I was prepared to buy the game if/when it goes on sale for 400.

Exhibit A: Super Meat Boy started at 800.
Exhibit B: Outland is 800.

I still stand by my claim that this $30 triple pack should have included Castle Crashers rather than Splosion Man.

[quote name='OptimusPrimeJewForm']Anyone know when this deal will be over?[/QUOTE]
It's in the weekly ad. Started today, ends shortly after the next Sabbath is over.

The best buy in Allen park, MI is sold out. Everytime there's a good deal there they always run out like they did with borderlands goty. I should of acted sooner I really wanted that triple pack.

I'm sure they are like the other xbla compilation disks, and regular games for that matter. You can install but you need the disk to boot.

I didn't see any on the shelf when I picked up my online order. Glad a pulled the trigger early on this.

stopped by 2 different best buys and was told at both locations that someone came through and bought every copy they had in stock, i was able to get walmart to price match the last copy they had though.

bread's done
Back