Trials HD / Limbo / Splosion Man - Triple Pack $10 at Best Buy

I agree with some of the sentiments on limbo after playing through it - its way over rated! Can't believe all the love the reviewers gave this game! Wow - I do like the other 2 games on the disk.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Trials is freakishly infuriating but it's a solid product. I fail to see how its physics at all approach reality nor do I much like the tricky waggles you are meant to do to bend the physics to your advantage. It's a quality game but I hate its guts.

I'm only about halfway through world 1 in Splosion Man and it's growing on me despite my best efforts to hate it. Doubly so because it's a decent mouthwash from the awful Limbo[/QUOTE]
So what's your opinion on Super Meat Boy and Braid?

played some Limbo and my opinions from the demo (played months ago) haven't changed. the game is overrated with simple yet sloppy controls. it's a watered down puzzle platformer though the few progress I made (maybe 30-40%) did encounter some interesting "puzzles". surprisingly the background (including lighting) makes this game very annoying to play. there could also have been some actual attempt with sound effects... and music. Braid was/is a bit better (haven't finished yet on World 5 I believe) with thinking actually required (and platforming too) despite being noted as some grand masterpiece by some douchebag

I already have splosion man and it is worth the orginial price even though it is frustrating. I haven't tried Trials yet since I'm wary of the "racing" elements (only enjoy Mario kart like racing) and the obvious difficulty

I ordered this online originally and it was backordered. Stopped in my local BB today and they one left so I snatched it up and cancelled my order.

Trials is worth a shot. It's not a racer. It's a ridiculous physics puzzler/obstacle course. It's a game I can't really hate despite HATING SO MUCH. I don't quite understand it because normally I'm fine with games I'll never beat that are fair and can hate on games so obtuse as to be beyond my understanding but I like Trials despite it being firmly in the latter camp.

The training courses and stuff are so short you can manage a taste real easily.

[quote name='Tsnake617']So what's your opinion on Super Meat Boy and Braid?[/QUOTE]
Super Meat Boy defied my attempts to hate it. I don't think it's especially spectacular and I still bristle at the indie airs of the designers and the almost manufactured too edgy/cute mascot and all that nonsense but it was still solid for the most part and good fun when it got going, apart from a couple of issues here and there.

Braid was great in a vacuum but now that I see the stars nonsense and the creator's overwhelming ego and the fanboys (Pro tip: If you are in an argument with a prominent figure who is not a video game hobbyist and he claims the video games aren't art, don't just grab the closest fancy graphics and abstract nonsense game you can find, you dimwit.) and it is tough for me to admit to liking. It was clever, and just taken as read without going too deep into it, it was pleasantly presented and produced, with good puzzles and gimmicks and a definite OH SNAP climax.

Braid was also my first real taste of the hipster half of indie-dom so I dropped $15 on it at launch, so impressed was I with the demo, and then marathoned it. I think I probably overpaid but I managed to enjoy it well enough. This was before I tasted true hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Abeja']Yessssssss let the hate flow through youuuuuuuuuuuu, Skywalker[/QUOTE]

That is funny. I laughed out loud. Seriously, I appreciated his opinion. Opinions are what I usually base my purchases on.

Anyway, ordered mine on 7/17 and arrived today (7/22). Surprised as I thought it would take much longer. Looked on the shelf and there were 4 more left. Perhaps they all came in at the same time?

FYI: I shop at the Concord Mills Mall BB in Concord, NC just north of Charlotte by the speedway.

Limbo's OK. I wish it stayed in the jungle, though, the urban area's pretty boring. I guess it's more atmospheric, but the Silent Hill games manage to be atmospheric, terrifying and interesting.

Picked up a copy of this tonight, loving it so far. I'm sure its been said already, but this game does indeed some with a code for 160 MSP AND a 48-hour XBL gold trial. All that for $10, its a no-brainer unless you already own some of the games.

I don't understand all the hate for Limbo, I think it is brilliant in its simplicity. What more can you expect for a side-scrolling strategy game that only uses the control stick and two buttons? Enjoying it so far.

I love how the bestbuy by my house finally restocks on these the day after the sale is over... Atleast I was able to get wolfenstein for $9.99

bread's done
Back