Trials HD XBLA 33% off today only

I have this game and eh, i'm not too impressed with it really and don't see all the hype for a game like this. At 800 points, it's like eh okay if you have the points to spare. I'd rather purchase a game with online multiplayer and such that'll offer a little bit more..

i agree with raiser on the difficulty level. The hardest levels are *brutal* while the easiest levels are trivially easy, but a huge part of this game is improving your times and such, so even if you never set foot in the hardest levels there's still a huge amount of gameplay for you in the game. Plus as you improve your times in the easier levels you gain skills that eventually allow you to beat the hardest levels. Also it has an extraordinarily powerful level editor so you can make your own levels just like those in the game, all the same features and capabilities available, and download others (though only from friends, which sucks.)

EDIT: it definitely offers more if you have friends on your friends list with the game - comparing times and scores is a huge part of the game. Feel free to add me to your friends list and let me know it is for Trials HD: "crunc is"

awesome i have been waiting for this since i played the demo back in sept. i refuse to pay full price for any game unless its a "must" have day one purchase. anyway, is this only for today?

*edit: sorry finally read entire title.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FurryCurry']I kinda want to get it but this game gets really hard doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

It goes from a cool racing game to a bike platformer. The first half of this game is awesome and the second half was unplayable.

[quote name='crunchewy']i agree with raiser on the difficulty level. The hardest levels are *brutal* while the easiest levels are trivially easy, but a huge part of this game is improving your times and such, so even if you never set foot in the hardest levels there's still a huge amount of gameplay for you in the game. Plus as you improve your times in the easier levels you gain skills that eventually allow you to beat the hardest levels. Also it has an extraordinarily powerful level editor so you can make your own levels just like those in the game, all the same features and capabilities available, and download others (though only from friends, which sucks.)

EDIT: it definitely offers more if you have friends on your friends list with the game - comparing times and scores is a huge part of the game. Feel free to add me to your friends list and let me know it is for Trials HD: "crunc is"[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all points. Feel free to send me a friend invite too.
This game didn't win XBLA game of the year for nothing.
The great thing is it has something for everyone, except multi-player...
Unless you consider the chess-like competitive leaderboards.

Hard levels are difficult to medal, not hard to complete.
Extreme levels are difficult to even complete. You will feel a sense of accomplishment.

There are 35 tracks. If you figure 7 tracks per each of the 5 levels
And if you choose to entirely avoid the last two, Hard and Extreme,
You are still getting 21 playable tracks and 12 skill games plus a level editor
For $5 more you can get the expansion DLC adding:
35 completely new tracks: 23 racing tracks and 12 skill game tracks.

It's like what ExciteBike could have evolved into if Nintendo catered to Hard Core gamers.

Any way you slice it there is a LOT of content here for $10 or $15 w/DLC.
Play the demo. If you hate it, avoid. If you love it, buy TODAY!
Support RedLynx and maybe we'll get Monster Trucks Nitro HD!!!

I bought it thinking I'd have time before SSFIV came, which I was expecting to come on Saturday. Then not 5 minutes after I bought it, SSFIV is in my mailbox.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I have 310 points. For once, the option to buy 500 points would have been the ideal choice.[/QUOTE]

what movie is that from????

I encourage everyone to atleast try the demo! This is one of the most addicting games I have ever played!

I downloaded the demo and played for the first time today due to the sale - It was a no brainer to upgrade and buy once I beat the demo sections!

Also, it can be played in short sessions, which works nicely with my 3 kids under 4yo! LOL

Hope this helps!

[quote name='jester55']I encourage everyone to atleast try the demo! This is one of the most addicting games I have ever played!

I downloaded the demo and played for the first time today due to the sale - It was a no brainer to upgrade and buy once I beat the demo sections!

Also, it can be played in short sessions, which works nicely with my 3 kids under 4yo! LOL

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

My 5 year old loves playing AND watching it! Family Fun!
I've said it 3 times already in this thread to naysayers and fence-sitters:

TRY THE DEMO!!!

I just can't fathom why people are saying this game isn't worth $10!
It's not likely to be $5 anytime soon.

when exactly does the sale end? i wanna give the demo a try before committing.

and is this available for Silver members?

[quote name='hoofrog']From Major Nelson's Twitter: Psssst…Today is Thrifty Thursday and today only: Get 33% off Trials HD http://j.mp/trialshd

I already have it so it does not show the price, but I believe that makes it 800 points.[/QUOTE]

It is official. Hoofrog is my new best friend. Thanks!

[quote name='basis']when exactly does the sale end?[/QUOTE]It's today only.

[quote name='zerotl']Thanks OP, been waiting forever for this to go on sale, has it ever been on sale ever?[/QUOTE]I don't believe so.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Actually, wasnt it on sale for 800 once? (Or 1000 or something?) i remember i couldnt grab a MS Point card in time for it[/QUOTE]

I believe it was in December.

bread's done
Back