Trials HD XBLA 33% off today only

Ended up picking it up after playing the demo. Pretty entertaining.. and addictive... and frustrating.. all at the same time.

Tried the Demo out, never tried it when it first came out but I'm going to have to pass on this game.

Thanks for the heads up though OP! :applause:

[quote name='crzyboy88']How is this game compare to the version on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about that too, since it's a fun game but 800 points is still 800 points and I already have Trials 2 through Steam...

I saw Dishwasher was the deal of the week, so I grabbed that instead. Heard good things about this game but I always try before I buy, and I just don't have time to try.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm curious about that too, since it's a fun game but 800 points is still 800 points and I already have Trials 2 through Steam...[/QUOTE]

Trials HD is WAY better than Trials 2. The control and physics are a massive step up, and the level design is better too.

Decided to buy. Like some users mentioned earlier, 1200 point games almost never go on sale for 400 points, only 560. So it'd only be $3 cheaper. That's not really worth waiting longer for. Got my point card on sale anyway.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Actually, wasnt it on sale for 800 once? (Or 1000 or something?) i remember i couldnt grab a MS Point card in time for it[/QUOTE]

When it first came out, Amazon was selling the code for $10. They did the same thing for Marvel vs. Capcom 2. But it was only like that for a few days.

Waited and deliberated too long - deal is now dead. Too bad, I finally decided to pick it up.

Hopefully we'll see it on sale again soon.

Restarted this game last night due to this thread -- it's shaqfuing hard! Still fun though. Might try to create my own track. I actually prefer the easier ones -- lots of speed and jumps, rather than the slow crawls up weird obstacles.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Restarted this game last night due to this thread -- it's shaqfuing hard! Still fun though. Might try to create my own track. I actually prefer the easier ones -- lots of speed and jumps, rather than the slow crawls up weird obstacles.[/QUOTE]

Due to the sale and all the praise here, I downloaded the trial version of Trials HD ;) and played the easy and medium levels and felt it was pretty good. I went ahead and bought it. After playing the full version a bit, the harder difficulties are truly hard and becomes somewhat of a chore. Like you said, on the easier difficulties, it was fun speed jumps and such but on harder ones, they just aren't much fun and a bit frustrating, but at the same time, quite funny when you die 50x in a row in various ways on the same obstacle. I think this game should be 400pts when on sale and 800pts regular. 1200pts is definetely not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trials gets easier the more you play it though. I didn't think I'd ever beat any of the hardest difficultly level tracks and now I've finished all of them. I'm not to the point where I want to revisit them yet, but now I see that eventually I will be. And the other levels are a blast to play and try to beat your previous times and times of friends - having friends with the game really makes a difference.

One of the few times I don't check CAG is the day someone mentions this deal. I missed it. Now I have to wait until it becomes part of a Deal of the Week and who knows when that will be. I knew I should've bought it when it first came out. Too late now, I waited this long I might as well wait even longer, ugh.

Are they doing deals every day that are only featured on the dashboard for the next 30 days or something? I thought I read that but I cannot find any details anywhere.

(right now my PS3 is setup because I wanted Pixeljunk Shooter, I only have room for 1 console setup at a time.)

I found it in my email. XBL is doing 30 days of Zombie deals that you can only see by going to the dashboard, including games, movies, etc. Discounted off the regular prices. Checked their site and it's not mentioned, did some searches on CAG and don't see it. I think it started 2+ weeks ago and has just under 2 weeks left.

two giant cage balls in fire pit then platform is making me mad!!!!! only got 100% on beginner and easy, have all bronze and some silver on medium, all bronze on hard, and nothing on extreme so far.

[quote name='polo14player']two giant cage balls in fire pit then platform is making me mad!!!!! only got 100% on beginner and easy, have all bronze and some silver on medium, all bronze on hard, and nothing on extreme so far.[/QUOTE]

yeah those cage balls were brutal!!!

bread's done
Back