Trine $9.99 (50% off) on PSN and Amazon for a limited time

killer ladoo

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5137]11938[/IMG-R]The PlayStation Network version of Trine is currently on sale for $9.99 on both PSN and Amazon. That's 50% off the normal $19.99 price for a limited time.

:ps3:Trine $9.99

I searched and was not able to find this posted. My apologies if this is a repost!

Trine is available from the Playstation Store for $9.99 for a "limited time." Regular price is $19.99.

This was the price point I was waiting for. It's a good deal for those that want it for PS3 instead of PC.

I hope this helps!

UPDATE: Amazon just matched the 9.99 price point. Thanks nihar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fzyde']I know PSN charge state tax (explain?), and charge a dollar charging fee on your card.

Does Amazon charge tax as well?[/QUOTE]

They do in like 2 states.. I THINK new york and california. I could be wrong though. Pretty sure about california, not sure about new york.

I didn't get charged tax.. 9.99 exactly.

[quote name='iPhone']Did anyone else get the $20 credit for PSN Amazon over the holiday? I just tried buying Trine and noticed my credit was gone.[/QUOTE]

i still have it and it applied to my order

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Is this still coming out for XBLA, or has that version been canceled? If there's not going to be an XBLA version, I'll pick up this one (I think the XBLA one was supposed to have more content).[/QUOTE]

I know at some point Atlus is bringing it over to 360 last time I heard but that was last year sometime and I haven't heard any more news about it in awhile. The only thing I read it MIGHT have is online multiplayer which neither the PC version nor the PS3 version have. Both of those are just local multiplayer. Other than that possibility I think it is the same game.

I'm a little skeptical about how good the game might be, but splitting it between a friend and myself for $5 a head, I see no reason to pass up on this.

Bought. Thank you OP!

Ended up buying even though I already have it on Steam. Plays great on the ps3 (I keep forgetting I don't have a mouse when I'm using the wizard, so it takes me a second to remember to use the analog stick). This is a great buy for $10.

wow, 33 trophies for a digital game! I'm picking up a $10 PSN card at BB today and getting this tonight! why wait for the 360 version?? it certainly won't have more than 200 gamer points..

[quote name='dmdragon']They do in like 2 states.. I THINK new york and california. I could be wrong though. Pretty sure about california, not sure about new york.

I didn't get charged tax.. 9.99 exactly.[/QUOTE]

I live in California. It was 9.99 exactly, too. :)

Amazon isn't selling it any more? It's not like they ran out of it.

After I find a way to dump my $5 psn credit, I'll never use the Amazon PSN store again. Everything's not available and they don't always match. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Trine discount was matched. Some people get it and then they remove it?!

[quote name='killer ladoo'][IMG-R=5137]11938[/IMG-R]The PlayStation Network version of Trine is currently on sale for $9.99 on both PSN and Amazon. That's 50% off the normal $19.99 price for a limited time.

:ps3:Trine $9.99

I searched and was not able to find this posted. My apologies if this is a repost!

Trine is available from the Playstation Store for $9.99 for a "limited time." Regular price is $19.99.

This was the price point I was waiting for. It's a good deal for those that want it for PS3 instead of PC.

I hope this helps!

UPDATE: Amazon just matched the 9.99 price point. Thanks nihar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='genfuyung']Went back to amazon to buy it and apparently they are out of stock...of a digital item...wtf.[/QUOTE]

They don't have an unlimited supply of codes. Just keep checking back while it's on sale and hopefully they'll get more.

Damn, I just finished playing the demo and figured I'd use up some of that $20 amazon credit from that promo back in the fall. Hopefully it pops back up on sale at Amazon.

Thanks OP!

I heard little about this game only that it was good. And playing a few chapters its really interesting. I like the storytelling. Its almost like I'm being read a bedtime story!

it reminds me of monkey island+braid mixed a bit. anyways, woke up early and it was already sold out on amazon damn. going to wait for amazon to get more codes today hopefully in time for the sale.

If you have a PC that can run it, I suggest getting this on the PC. The mouse controls are MUCH easier to pull off on the original platform.

CRAP - my PS3 is being serviced (as of yesterday), and Amazon is out :(

Hopefully this stays on sale for a while, or Amazon wakes up and makes it available again.

anyone know the download size to TRINE? I am on a satellite internet cap :( dont want to go over again

UPDATE: never mind found out!

Got trine for 9.99 gonna get the platinum and flow expansion with my xmas amazon credit. Free flow on psn! spent 3.50 on critter crunch a few weeks ago on amazon too. Hoping they will have the uncharted map pack w trophies and I will finish up that credit. Got darksiders from gamestop for 36 and hoping it has a golden ticket in it so i can give rfg to my friend. and got bioshock 2 w toys w 10 gift card for free using my 60 g.c. from tru. Great week. next week i guess brutal legend for 20. Thanks so much CAG!

shit, Amazon sold out. guess i'll pay the tax for it on PSN. you win this time state govt.

[quote name='LiK']shit, Amazon sold out. guess i'll pay the tax for it on PSN. you win this time state govt.[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to risk missing it, Amazon may come back in stock if this is similar to the last time they had the PSN game sale a few weeks ago. Those kept coming back in stock a few times.

By the way, just wanted to add that Trine is part of Gametap, for those who subscribe...

Alright so whats the deal with the Burnout stuff, anyone know? Is it just for this week or it's a forever deal? Gonna email PS about it

edit - ok looks like it's limited time, not sure how long though

This thread prompted me to jump into start the game (I bought it during the Steam Christmas sales) and I am really enjoying it. I find the puzzle/platforming to be challenging but not frustrating. The feeling I get when I find the 'easy way' to solve a puzzle after trying to do a bunch of ridiculous timing jumps is fabulous.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Is this still coming out for XBLA, or has that version been canceled? If there's not going to be an XBLA version, I'll pick up this one (I think the XBLA one was supposed to have more content).[/QUOTE]
Seems like it's been canceled.

Trine is good but I think it would be helped a lot with a mouse or a pointer like the wii remote. There's a lot of wandering around the screen with the cursor when you're using the thumbstick. There's a demo on PSN if you're unsure.

Seen this game before but didn't know what the name of it was. Downloaded the demo. Though it was good and picked it up. Seems like I'll get my $10 worth from it.

Little late, but since I saw people commenting on what PSN titles come with platinum, thought I'd add Battle Fantasia to the list if it hasn't been said already.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Trine is good but I think it would be helped a lot with a mouse or a pointer like the wii remote. There's a lot of wandering around the screen with the cursor when you're using the thumbstick. There's a demo on PSN if you're unsure.[/QUOTE]

I got it for PC last week, for $5, and I played it all the way through using a 360 controller. I tried using a M&K but imo the keyboard sucks for platforming worse than the analog stick does for drawing squares, lines and triangles and that only pertains to the Wizard, who can't really fight ayway. Unless of course you mean your cursor wanders around on it's own which in that case I guess you're sol. When you switch from the thief or warrior to the wizard the cursor always returns to being right in front of him, at least on the PC it does.

THE fuckING ENDING SUCKS!!! :bomb:

[quote name='spectre666']It's back up, as of 2/17. if it's not been posted yet.[/QUOTE]

i suspect this means amazon has it again.
cause it does :)
enjoy
i grabbed it with some credit i had floating about.

does anyone know how long this sale is?

PSN updates tomorrow, so im a bit worried itll be gone before i get some amazon credit

EDIT: nvm, i just checked the official ps blog....its on sale for a week only. better pick it up now, before psn updates tomorrow

I picked this up a couple nights ago.. nice graphics and the game play feels refreshing to me.. def worth the 10 bucks.

awesome, picked it up off of Amazon. i had totally forgotten about this after they "sold out" and probably would have missed the sale. thanks for the reminder!

Clocked many hours on this game with 3 people.

Noted that it's much easier to finish with one person, but infinitely more entertaining with three.

bread's done
Back